Which one should I choose

Spiserfan15151

I am at agate circus, training for samson, I have a lv60 pidgeot with feather dance, tailwind, wing attack, quick atttack. I know it will learn brave bird in a few levels but when I went into pc I saw a shiny noibat lv36 I caught back in the game. It has a neutral nature and 30 iv sp.at and 29 iv speed. Should I change my pidgeot for a noibat. I can grind noibat but I don't know if I should. Thanks in advance. 

Grinding too much makes the game boring like what did I grinded up different teams and only got to titania before stopping cause of boredom.

But if you really want then go for it none is stopping you

Edited by DelRad11

I would switch them (even though the grinding is going to be a pain) but I am not that great at the game.

Noivern has slightly better defences virtually everywhere, far better speed and its special attack significantly beats Pidgeot's attack (also iirc fighting-type Pokemon rarely have a great special defence). It also learns Hurricane, Dragon Pulse, and perhaps even Boomburst (if you can use the move relearner) which is boosted on the field. It also resists everything Pidgeot resists, nullifies its electric weakness and fighting weakness, at the cost of being *4'ed by ice and weak to fairy. It's also resistant to fire, so perhaps also a good option to deal with the fire leader.

• 2 weeks later...

Train both, grinding up a few extra mons never hurts. Sure it takes some time, but as long as youre doing it as you go along, especially as they approach the level cap, its not too bad. Also theyre both useful in the longrun depending on the fight. I wouldnt use them both at the same time unless you're in a specific battle that they both could be useful like fighting that dang bug nerd but other than that I don't forsee any issues having both. Also shiny Noivern is wicked so like definitely keep him around!

• 2 weeks later...

Noivern is the better option if you want to spend the time leveling up

Piggeot is only good with his Mega, without it, its kinda meh at best (also if its best flying stab is wing attack at this point of the game, you need to switch it out with another pokemon with better stab options)