Let's reccomend each other some anime

Faustin

In these times it's hard to find things to spend all this free time on (well for me at least). I've been watching One Piece but right now I want to watch some shorter anime. I thought i'd ask for reccomendations here since it would be a fun topic to talk about, since we could all reccomend each other that good stuff. I myself would reccomend you to give Inazuma Eleven a watch, it's not very popular but it's a very enjoyable soccer anime. what about you peeps!?

• Like 1

Ehhh, I've gotten burned out of reading stuff like Solo Leveling, Auto Hunting, Kill The Hero, I Am The Sorcerer King.

If its what's yer into tho, then I just named all the stuff I can remember fro the top of me head that all fall into that archetype of IRL Dungeon Crawler with OP MC. 

Personally I prefer some chill Rom/Com Slice of life sorta reads. The Clueless Transfer Student Is Assertive, My Roommate Isn't From This World, Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai!, Kuno Chiyo the Precog. 

On a side note, can we talk about how bloody long these titles are getting, swear. 

16 hours ago, keyblade336 said:

Joooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooojo
(Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Food Wars)

I've already caught up to jooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooojo but i should continue food wars so i'll get on that

16 minutes ago, Marcsun said:

Ehhh, I've gotten burned out of reading stuff like Solo Leveling, Auto Hunting, Kill The Hero, I Am The Sorcerer King.

If its what's yer into tho, then I just named all the stuff I can remember fro the top of me head that all fall into that archetype of IRL Dungeon Crawler with OP MC. 

Personally I prefer some chill Rom/Com Slice of life sorta reads. The Clueless Transfer Student Is Assertive, My Roommate Isn't From This World, Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai!, Kuno Chiyo the Precog. 

On a side note, can we talk about how bloody long these titles are getting, swear. 

yeah lol these titles are literally full sentences now, i'm a big fan of slice of life anime as well, and also like rom/coms to an extent so the anime you listed seem worth watching

5 hours ago, Yooommeee said:

solo leveling is really good and hunterxhunter can be pretty good

hxh i have seen and it was definitely worth watching, i actually saw it not too long ago compared to most people and i should read sl

17 minutes ago, Grunter The Lucky said:

yeah lol these titles are literally full sentences now, i'm a big fan of slice of life anime as well, and also like rom/coms to an extent so the anime you listed seem worth watching

Ah I was talking more about reading but in terms of watching; Tsuredure Children, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san.

Anime recommendations: Planetes, Ergo Proxy, Zankyou no terror, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Re Creator, Gankutsuou

And while I'm at it, have some mangas too : Blue Period, Pluto, Monster, Helck, Veritas, Ares, Mahou Shoujo site(theres an anime but do yourself a favour and read the manga), Bartender

On 8/26/2020 at 1:30 PM, Masyba said:

Ah I was talking more about reading but in terms of watching; Tsuredure Children, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san.

I've seen takagi-san pop up quite a bit and saw a short scene on netflix, it seems quite interesting, just added it and the other two shows you reccomended to mal

On 8/26/2020 at 3:18 PM, Chrixai said:

Demon slayer ftw, Fire force is dope andddddd also recommend My Hero Academia

i've already seen all of mha, but i should really go watch demon slayer, and check fire force as well, i watched like 1 ep of ds and 3 of ff so i should get back to that

On 8/26/2020 at 2:46 PM, Raion said:

Animes I'd recommend are: My Hero Academia, Rent A Girlfriend, Re:Zero and Date A Live.

saw mha, but i'll add rag and dal to mal. i don't remember liking dal too much, but maybe i will when i give it a second chance, saw around 18 episodes of re:zero actually so should continue that as well

On 8/26/2020 at 3:18 PM, Chickens said:

Anime recommendations: Planetes, Ergo Proxy, Zankyou no terror, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Re Creator, Gankutsuou

And while I'm at it, have some mangas too : Blue Period, Pluto, Monster, Helck, Veritas, Ares, Mahou Shoujo site(theres an anime but do yourself a favour and read the manga), Bartender

that's a looooot of reccomendations, guess they're all going onto the list then, i remember lotgh being a real old show so should be interesting, and blue period looks nice as well and oh yeah i remember mahou shoujo site, saw around half of the anime and didn't like it too much 5/10 but from what you're saying the manga should be a lot better

Edited by Grunter The Lucky

There are a lot of great recommendations.

I would recommend a few great timeless anime/manga such as Fullmetal Alchemist, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, Cowboy Bebop, Akira, Devilman Crybaby, and Samurai Champloo.

Would also recommend some comedic/rom-com genre in these trying times such as Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, Toradora, Nichijou, Grand Blue, Gal Gohan, Komi san wa Komyushou Desu, and Otome Game no Hametsu.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

There are many good old anime recommendations so I am gonna recommend something new: Talentless Nana. It is best if you do not read anything about it and just watch first episode from start to finish.

Also, there are some more hidden gems I recommend: Kaiji, Chrno Crusade and Mawaru Penguindrum.

Edited by Reispher

Kainwill makes a number of good recommendations here. If you like Gurren Lagann, Kill La Kill is a great followup made by the same studio. Evangelion will always get a recommendation from me, taking the ideas and characters of Gurren Lagann and flipping them in the complete opposite direction (even though it came first, so ignore that). If after all that, you end up liking mecha animes, then go for Darling In The Franxx, but don't expect it to carry the same level of story as the other three. If you are into Sci-Fi and time travel done well, Steins;Gate is an absolute must watch, followed by Steins:Gate 0. If rom-com is your thing, Love is War and The Quintessential Quintuplets can both be a great time.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...