Scrafty, Moxie or Intimidate?

DecShep

I was SR-ing for a good Scraggy from the event and well I got this lucky lady. The only thing I'm debating on is whether to change its ability to Moxie or Intimidate.

In my previous game, I had Intimidate which was a tremendous help several times (especially against Solaris' Garchomp in Agate) However, to my understanding as far as competitively, Moxie is much better, especially for Scrafty who is very tanky and could last much longer to abuse it. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 3.53.58 AM.png

16 minutes ago, VividGrey said:

The thing is, since Scrafty is pretty bulky you can recycle the intimidate on boss battles. However, moxie will be more viable for gym battles if you can manage to pull off a couple of dragon dances. 

This one came with Ice Punch. I mean, alright for Flying types but she shouldnt really be used for them lol

Both are good. Personally I prefer Moxie, but If you don't plan on breeding Dragon Dance into it, and keeping your Scaggy as is, then Intimidate might be the better option.

EDIT: i highly recommend you breed Dragon Dance and Drain Punch to your scraggy though

• Upvote 2

Moxie if you plan to run Dragon Dance cause it allows set up faster if you start killing
Intimidate if you plan on using defensively, ive survived battles with intimidate making 1 shots into 2 shots on my mons

3 hours ago, Suzuki said:

Both are good. Personally I prefer Moxie, but If you don't plan on breeding Dragon Dance into it, and keeping your Scaggy as is, then Intimidate might be the better option.

EDIT: i highly recommend you breed Dragon Dance and Drain Punch to your scraggy though

Ok I must've missed something. Is there a feature where I can breed moves onto already existing Pokemon? I thought that was a SwSh thing?

There is not but you can breed the Event Magikarp after it becomes Gyarados and it learns Dragon dance with your Scrafty {Scraggy} to pass it down
Horsea line, Gyrarados, Dratini line, Axew Line, and Jangmo-o line all learn it by level up

Drain punch is breed via the Meinfoo/Meinshao line

4 hours ago, Candy said:

Otherwise there’s a mod for the game that allows your moms to learn their egg moves using the move relearner 

Unfortunately I have the MAC version, not the wineskin either so I don't think those mods work right now for me.

4 hours ago, DecShep said:

Unfortunately I have the MAC version, not the wineskin either so I don't think those mods work right now for me.

I have mac too, and can use mods :3 I use Wine/Wine bottler. If you can find your game folders, the mods work by downloading the file and adding a couple or so folders into an existing one called "Data" iirc.

3 hours ago, Candy said:

I have mac too, and can use mods :3 I use Wine/Wine bottler. If you can find your game folders, the mods work by downloading the file and adding a couple or so folders into an existing one called "Data" iirc.

But I have the MAC version. I don't need to use Wine. The only file that came with the download was the game itself. Didn't come with any other folders. Like how there's folders for sprites and text etc, and data. I don't have any of that.

24 minutes ago, DecShep said:

But I have the MAC version. I don't need to use Wine. The only file that came with the download was the game itself. Didn't come with any other folders. Like how there's folders for sprites and text etc, and data. I don't have any of that.

You can access the folders with sprites and stuff if you right click the (newest) mac version of the game and click 'show package content'.

I don't know if the mods work however, but it's worth a shot

18 minutes ago, Storystosee said:

You can access the folders with sprites and stuff if you right click the (newest) mac version of the game and click 'show package content'.

You just saved my life. I found the data folder 😮 lets see if I can do the mods! I just want the weather change and relearn egg moves nothing crazy 😞

25 minutes ago, Storystosee said:

OMG IT WORKED HOLY HELL. THANK YOU SO MUCH. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...