Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Where do I find Garchompite?

Fauna Joy

Question

I'm working on finishing the Mega Z Ring quest, and the only one on my main team who can Mega Evolve is Garchomp. I have a few others in backups that can Mega, but I'd really like to get Garchomp's stone. I keep seeing references to some "starter quest", but no explanation of what exactly that means.

Is there a comprehensive, up to date, list/guide of how to get mega stones and z crystals? All I'm finding are bits and pieces talking about which are added with each update, nothing covering everything available in Episode 18.

4 answers to this question

The "starter quest" in question can be accessed after completing the restoration project in the Grand Hall. Go downstairs and you can find someone who wants eggs of every starter up to gen 7. I forget at which milestone you get Garchompite, but the final reward is the Shadow Ball TM so it's well worth doing the whole quest regardless.

As for a comprehensive guide to Mega Stones/Z Crystals, I'm not aware of such a thing, but the E18 item guide is the closest thing to that. You can Ctrl+F stones you're missing to avoid having to browse every item pickup listed there. If you don't get any results, chances are it's not in the game yet (e.g. Salamencite, Kommonium Z).

1 hour ago, Seel The Deal said:

The "starter quest" in question can be accessed after completing the restoration project in the Grand Hall. Go downstairs and you can find someone who wants eggs of every starter up to gen 7. I forget at which milestone you get Garchompite, but the final reward is the Shadow Ball TM so it's well worth doing the whole quest regardless.

As for a comprehensive guide to Mega Stones/Z Crystals, I'm not aware of such a thing, but the E18 item guide is the closest thing to that. You can Ctrl+F stones you're missing to avoid having to browse every item pickup listed there. If you don't get any results, chances are it's not in the game yet (e.g. Salamencite, Kommonium Z).

To be more specific, you get Garchompite at the very end of the Starter Egg sidequest, alongside the Shadow Ball TM.

After you beat Adrienn you get to choose to fund one of 3 projects for the city restoration using your own money, and then you can fund another after beating Titania, and the last after beating Hardy. Fully funding any of the three will grant you access to the Grand Hall's basement. Down one of the hallways to the left you can find a room with a lady who asks you for eggs of all the obtainable starter Pokemon, and offers rewards in return. After you give her 3 starter eggs she'll give you a HP Reset Disc, then another 3 she'll give one for Attack, then Defense, etc. Finally, once you give her all 21 starter Pokemon she gives you both the TM for Shadow Ball and the Garchompite.

The problem you might have is that 4 of the starters (Torchic, Snivy, Froakie, and Oshawott/Litten) aren't available at all (unless you picked one of them as your starter) until you finish the final main story mission in Episode 18, right before you're able to get your 17th gym badge. So if you are still a ways from that and still want to go for the Garchompite you would have to ask someone to give you an egg of at least those starters. Also to get the most starters possible, I recommend funding the Azurine Island project, since that one grants you access to Bulbasaur, Chikorita, and Chimchar, while the only other one you get access to from a different project is Oshawott, and that's only if you joined Magma Gang.