[SPOILERS] Episode 5 Story Discussions

Ravuri1

Spoiler

just curious : what happens when you get the bad ending. You know the really bad one where the screen turns black and all. [ thats what happened to some people] 

never mind I found out.

Edited by Daniel Prithvi

• 3 weeks later...

Hi i managed to do all of this 

Spoiler
  • Reading all the books and hidden pages in Aurora and Shiv's mansion.
  • Reading the inscription on the wall in the cave located near the Southern Settlement
  • Reading a book in the house in the North Woodland. (You need to complete the sidequest given by the resident of that building to be able to read that book)
  • Reading a book in the house in the West Woodland. (There is a sidequest to complete here also, which I am not able to remember) (You also get a Ponyta in this building) 
Spoiler

I managed to do all of this and also reading a book in the mayor office in the village,but it says i still pack insight . I did manage to survive since i saved nova tho. Wondering if  i missed some insight anywhere . I think i gained 6 insight in total

1 hour ago, Doncry said:

Hi i managed to do all of this 

Hide contents
  • Reading all the books and hidden pages in Aurora and Shiv's mansion.
  • Reading the inscription on the wall in the cave located near the Southern Settlement
  • Reading a book in the house in the North Woodland. (You need to complete the sidequest given by the resident of that building to be able to read that book)
  • Reading a book in the house in the West Woodland. (There is a sidequest to complete here also, which I am not able to remember) (You also get a Ponyta in this building) 
  Hide contents

I managed to do all of this and also reading a book in the mayor office in the village,but it says i still pack insight . I did manage to survive since i saved nova tho. Wondering if  i missed some insight anywhere . I think i gained 6 insight in total

Spoiler

I think you need at least 7 or more insights in order to resist darkrai. I think you missed a few in Aurora and Shiv's mansion and the one in Odis which is in Anna'a room.

6 hours ago, Daniel Prithvi said:

Reveal hidden contents

I think you need at least 7 or more insights in order to resist darkrai. I think you missed a few in Aurora and Shiv's mansion and the one in Odis which is in Anna'a room.

Yeah turns out i did miss one there lol

Still reeling from the ending in E5, but man it's a great game - got hooked from the start by the characters, the story, the art, the maps and the soundtrack (the Redcliff/Old Woodlands theme is so serene)

There's so many details that shone or really worked for me, character and story-wise:

• Connor being an ass but upfront about it, the others not taking his shit
  • Aderyn's friend being a she, definitely not Tristan (don't know what happened to her though)
  • Garret's keep it simple, mano a mano fight - no fancy-pants buffs/fields here
  • Lots of fun shout-outs, some favs being Lord Helix (praise be), dude looking for hidden items, and of course to the Dev team:
    Spoiler

image.thumb.png.5d5c185b171f5eb12921085cfda9d58c.pngimage.thumb.png.1c68a875acae2bc085a97b057039a455.png

(love finding and figuring out little easter eggs like these)

There's also so many questions, off the top of my head:

Spoiler
  1. Can we free the folks stuck in Odis village? Have they died/vanished in Ayrith, like Tristan? It's like once you're in Odis, everyone in Ayrith forgets about you
  2. How could we loosen Darkrai's influence over the twins? Seems like Shiv, Aurora and Nova are willing to reach their dreams at any cost, which is probably how Darkrai caught them - but the twins are victims too and I wonder how much of the mind games they play is really driven by them, or what they'd do in revenge against Darkrai when free
  3. What's going to happen to the Foxes and Crescent, with Lilith/Nova using them for their own goals? Lilith is still super shady, but I'd like to see how she interacts with Garret (if he doesn't aim for her throat immediately)

Does anyone have more ideas/thoughts about these questions? Would like to hear them 🙂

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this question was answered but does the hidden messages in Aurora's house have any repercussions? It was displayed in red text about you being curious, at the end of each message so I wonder if there's a difference in reading them or not. 

On 8/26/2020 at 11:32 PM, Kayl93 said:

I'm not sure if this question was answered but does the hidden messages in Aurora's house have any repercussions? It was displayed in red text about you being curious, at the end of each message so I wonder if there's a difference in reading them or not. 

Spoiler

By reading all of them or at least 7 of them you gain enough insight to resist darkrai towards the end of the game.

• 4 months later...
On 8/26/2020 at 11:02 AM, Kayl93 said:

The curiosities in the Dreamscape and either saving or condemning Nova in Cellia are the factors that decide the outcome of episode 5 and from what I've gathered although the game is unfinished still, it is the final ending of at least a couple of the possible paths. It's like the Goosebumps 'Choose You Own Ending' series (I loved those as a kid). 

Spoiler

At the end of the episode, you are presented with the option to either accept or reject Darkari's ideal.
Upon rejecting, the number of curiosities accumulated will decide whether or not you'll be able to resist Darkari's compulsion.  

From what I have gathered:

In all scenarios Darkari will manage to use you to force its way into Ayrith but:

- The best ending is to save Nova and have enough insight (curiosities) to resist Darkari. 
Your resistance seems to leave Darkari in a weakened state when it lands in Ayrith and possibly gives Odis a fighting chance. Nova will show up and chase Darkari off for now and your reputation will increase with everyone except the twins including Lilith. 

- The worst two endings are either to condemn Nova and not have enough insight to resist Darkari or to accept Darkari's ideal.

Supposedly if you condemn Nova and don't have enough insight Darkari kills you because Nova is not there to save you which she does in both outcomes in which you saved her. 

If you accept Darkari's ideal, you supposedly become a puppet like Nova and the twins and get a 'Game Over'.