Reborn or Rejuvenation

Baksteent

Hey guys! I was wondering what the difference between these 2 games or versions is?

The last Pokémon I played was gold/silver, and always loved the franchise just didn't have the console for it.

Where to start? I wanna download 1 and start playing but got some problems choosing!

Ps. I knew I shouldn't make a Pokémon thread here, just didn't where to post it otherwise, reborn or rejuvenation forums? Could I kindly ask to move this thread to the right location..?

Edited by Baksteent

Reborn and Rejuvenation are entirely different games made by different people. Rejuv just happens to also be hosted here because it's heavily inspired by Reborn.

Reborn is close to finished but with its final update still a while away while Rejuv still has a fair bit more to go but the next update should happen before Reborn's.

Both games are quite difficult so since you haven't played Pokémon in a long while you might have some issues, especially since the games have undergone some changes ever since G/S. Reborn is better balanced imo, but Rejuv has an easy mode that might help you get started.

• Like 1

The main difference for me is that in rejuvenation there is a hard levelcapp ( you can't gain exp beyond a certain level ) and in reborn there isn't. As for witch one you would start with, I would personally choose reborn since there is in rejuvenation a side-quest with some of reborns characters involved.

Edited by bruhtonium
spellings mistake

To be honest I love both Reborn and Rejuvenation, but I have to admit, that I think Reborn is quite hard playing the first time around. It is also very rewarding, when you finally beat someone you had trouble with before, but you need to be willing to commit quite some hours to the game.
Rejuvenation is similar, but has, as mentioned before, a casual playmode. it is still harder than any official pokemon game but fun anyways.
For both Reborn and Rejuvenation there are many guides and threads available and you can always ask for help in the forum if you are stuck in specific situations.

Desolation is also a nice gam which you might want to try if you like Reborn or/and Rejuv.

All in all I'd say just give it a try. =)

Both Reborn and Rejuvenation are far harder than the main series, and very lore-rich games. But their overall...fantasy levels seem to be very different, as is how they handle the storyline.

Reborn mostly takes place in a fairly grounded universe - if it wasn't for the pokemon, a lot of the stuff you see could easily happen in the real world, almost. Psychological issues are commonly brought up, and the storyline is fairly streamlined. There's no need to go "outside" and do sidequests to figure out all of what is happening.

Rejuvenation's the polar opposite - Team Xen is using and showing off more mystical stuff with the Rift Matter, and this is before we get into

Spoiler

the time travel aspects of things.

Also, the plotline often travels outside the main story, because if I didn't do some of the Help Center Requests I would have no idea what is going on at several points (there's still plenty of times where I'm baffled). But the team of Rejuvenation is doing their best - each version is often more streamlined and clear. With that said, I would appreciate an official sidequest tracker or something...

Overall, in Reborn it's not hard to figure out where to go. In Rejuvenation you can often be left clueless if you didn't tackle a sidequest.

Also, this is just personal opinion, but the teams on Reborn seem to be overall more... fair, then the teams in Rejuvenation? Just personal opinion. The only gym leaders I remember being super hard were Charlotte and Adrienn. Which could be related to both of them fighting in doubles, actually. But Reborn is definitely easier than Rejuvenation unless you do Casual on the latter, in my mind (just personal opinion there).

Neither of them is a bad game, but Reborn is more my style, personally.

• Upvote 1

Hii!! Both games are completely diferent. Both of them have a great story and are pretty different to oficial games.

Personally, I have played both and I recommend you to start with rejuv because the main difference in terms of difficulty that I found was that rejuv has more variety of pokemon when you start, which enables you to create a better team.

In rejuv there are different modes, I think you should play normal mode because if you do that you will get used to the new dificulty and to be honest, easy mode is too easy. 

However, if you choose a mode and while you are playing you realise that you do not want to play that mode, you can change it anyway.

Anyway both games are great. Good luck!!

If I get stuck, I often check this:

It says episode 17 and we're at 18.4, but it still applies, especially for the beginning. The person who wrote this also did an excellent job giving advice for some of the harder battels and they made the thread easily searchable. What I would do: don't read the entire thing, it's naturally filled with spoilers, but if you get stuck and are done with attempting to puzzle it out yourself, this is a good first start.

Have fun!

Avallyn

P.S.: (also, you might want to check out the mods section, there are some really nice quality of live mods there).