Narcissa and Spector Side quests.

So I've made it to West Gearen and before I do the gym battle I wanted to do the Spector side quest to get the Ghost Memory. Or at least try it as I'm about 10 levels under it but BIGJRA's guide insists it's doable at this point. 

The same guide provides instructions to: 
1. Go to Goldenleaf Town and talk to Narcissa next to the sign east of the Pokemon center then go into her house and read her diary.
2. Take a Zoroark to the chamber in Phasial Cave that requires Rock Climb to access and use Night Daze in a wild battle to alter it. 
3. Cross the bridge and talk to Narcissa again. 

I assume the above is to trigger Spector to appear by the Giratina statue in Goldenleaf town where his quest begins. 

The issue is that Narcissa is NOT at the sign east of the Pokemon Center nor is Spector at the Giratina statue. 
I tried the Night Daze thing before I realized I'd missed the sign and the diary steps but Narcissa was not there either. 

On another but related note: 
My research has revealed to me that the Odd House no longer exists in V12 as it has been replaced by the Lost Castle. Apparently this doesn't hinder the Spector quest, a part of which is set in this location but does this mean the Odd House and Generator Problem quests are now unavailable? 

7 hours ago, Devilish said:

On another but related note: 
My research has revealed to me that the Odd House no longer exists in V12 as it has been replaced by the Lost Castle. Apparently this doesn't hinder the Spector quest, a part of which is set in this location but does this mean the Odd House and Generator Problem quests are now unavailable? 

it's still available, the lost castle is just a redesign to the odd house, basically.

For Spector, it's definitely possible to find him and defeat him before getting your 9th badge, worked for me. Did you try visiting everywhere important in Goldenleaf, also Wispy tower? Might be farfetched, but maybe you need to find some more chests in wispy chasm?

Edit: Forget that, I just remembered that you have to do the gym puzzle again, that's it. After that you can meet Narcissa and Spector.

Edited by Edo

12 hours ago, Edo said:

Edit: Forget that, I just remembered that you have to do the gym puzzle again, that's it. After that you can meet Narcissa and Spector.

Great thank you!

12 hours ago, Edo said:

it's still available, the lost castle is just a redesign to the odd house, basically.

I see, so how is the Odd House Quest triggered?
Doing the gym puzzle again answered this question, a mew led me to an Odd Key.

Edited by Devilish