turn of the flashing for Reborn 18.4

Avallyn

Hello 🙂

a while ago, andracass made a mod that turns of the flashing in Pokemon Reborn:

I was wondering, if this is still compatible with Reborn 18.4 (I suspect the maps probably are, but I'm doubtful about the script since so much changed). The mod she made there was the perfect solution to my issue and I've enjoyed playing a lot (it's basically the only game I haven't dropped now that live has gotten so hectic) and would like to switch to the newer Reborn version - but only if that means I won't lose the no-flashing-mod (again, thank you for making it back then!).

Best regards,

Avallyn

Edit: umm. apparently, there's been another update since the last time I checked. (wow! you guys are on fire!) I'm basically asking after the most current release and would like to update to that, but not after the game-z thing because my old laptop doesn't like it. it does like what I downloaded yesterday(?) very much though (I actually forgot that I needed the flashing mod🙄 until it started thunderstorming just now😅)

Edited by Avallyn

Thank you for taking the time to look at this! 🙂

The old scripts file can be downloaded in the old mod (sry, I have trouble attaching files here, I don't know why).

this should hopefully lead to the post with the files:

Did the script from 18.1 to 18.4 change so little? Because I'm pretty sure that's the version the original mod was for and in the post she said:

This won't be compatible with other mods that alter the scripts or any of those areas.

• Supporter

Well, the updates since then all did something different. 18.2 was about making the AI smarter and some bugfixes, 18.3 was about introducing a new engine called Game-Z, which works good on newer computers.

But 18.4 as I said before is just one line changed with huge performance increase on all laptops, new or old.  So while you're sadly missing out on the new things in 18.2, nothing

in 18.3 is that important to you. If you really want the things that changed in 18.2, let me know. But it's gonna take some time for me to figure out what cass actually changed for you.

The reason why you have problems uploading your file here is probably because the max you're allowed is 0.49MB, while the scripts file is ~1MB.

I have the same problem, so just go here :https://drive.google.com/file/d/17kZ4P7BbOnchtTT2yO7f9g-7pQBNJCcd/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Toothpastefairy
  • Thanks 1

Honestly? I was really looking forward to fighting smarter enemies...😅

but I'm already really happy with that performance increase! Thank you so much!

does this make a difference in finding the changed code?

Changed areas include:
Shade's Gym

Peridot Ward

Yureyu

7th Street

Anywhere with a screen flash

Anywhere with a screen shake

Thunderstorms

how do I implement the changes? replace my skript file with yours and the maps with the maps from the old mod?

• Supporter

You're right on the money, that's the way to go. However, since cass is an awesome bean, and after a few messages, she was able to tell me the changes she made the first time around. Thus: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17kZ4P7BbOnchtTT2yO7f9g-7pQBNJCcd/view?usp=sharing

This is the new scripts, with the 18.2 AI improvements as well! And of course all the flashing and shaking disabled. Let me know if there's any trouble!

• Thanks 2