Giving Blake the Ring.

Magus543

20 minutes ago, Magus543 said:

So what are the differences if you do give Blake the ruby ring?

You can get the shiny charm earlier, if you refuse to give him the ring.

There are probably some changes in your relationship points and maybe some minor dialogue differences... not sure.

The shiny charm is the main one i think

If you REFUSE Blake the ring:

1. You'll get Waterfall a bit later as Aster will give it to you after you defeat him in battle just below the top of Amatrine mountain. 

2. You'll have access to the shiny charm immediately after the battle with Blake at Eclipse's father's house in Calcenon City. 

If you GIVE Blake the ring:

1. He should be true to his end of the bargain and exchange it for Waterfall. 
2. The Shiny Charm event will not be available until later. Exactly when I don't know. 

Side Note: Either way he gets the ring as if you refuse he'll take it from you. 

Different relationship points are also distributed. 

Say no the first time Blake asks for the Ruby Ring: -1 Shelly
Say no the second time Blake asks for the Ruby Ring: -1 Heather
Say no the final time Blake asks for the Ruby Ring: -1 Shelly
Say no every time Blake asks for the Ruby Ring: +1 Shade, +1 Anna, +2 Cal, -2 Blake
Give Blake the Ruby Ring: -2 Cal, +2 Blake
If said no every time Blake asks for the Ruby Ring, when Heather and Shelly tear down the shed: +1 Heather

Side note: This relationship guide is old and Blake asking more than once isn't relevant anymore if I recall correctly. Blake asks for the ring once and if you say 'no' Shelly will plead with you to reconsider two or three times, however I don't see why the relationship points would have changed much. 

To get the refuse results you MUST say 'no' to both characters EACH AND EVERY time they ask. 
If you say 'no' to Blake but then say 'yes' to Shelly that's the same as saying 'yes' to Blake.

Or at least that's how I understand it. I said 'no' all the way. 

Edited by Devilish

On 4/29/2020 at 11:30 PM, Magus543 said:

Charlotte constantly telling us not to give in to demands may have influenced my decision. I wonder if the dev team is trying to say something.

Charlotte was a large part of my decision here as well but it was also my awareness of just what Team Meteor is capable of doing with all 4 of the keys. 

Edited by Devilish

Nobody mentioned it but if you give the ring to Blake you won't fight Aster before Blake in Ametrine Mountain but you'll fight him in the Glass Workstation and after you beat him he'll give you the Meteor Card to get to the Atrium.

• 2 years later...