I think I broke the game - HELP [SPOILERS]

PokefanPT

Hi!

So, I was playing chapter 13, and I just completed that part where you control Melia. After that, I was controlling my own character, as usual. It seems that I've time travelled (again), and Anju was there to save the day, again. She said to me to go to the city that there was nearby. But I love to explore everything before doing the main tasks, so I noticed some kind of mansion. I entered it, and there was a door locked, which, for some reason, I had the key for it. And so, it became unlocked, and some dialogue with Narcy (I don't even know sho she is) happened. Then I went to explore the rest of the mansion (I activated some kind of lever that did nothing, but okay), and then Narcy was in the way of that locked door, so I couldn't enter it. But after entering the mansion again, the door was free, so I could go in. After that, Narcy reads some kind of text, and then she passes out (with some memories from a doctor). When she woke up, I was with her, IN GOLDENLEAF TOWN, with Narcissa, which is the future Narcy (I suppose), and she said they were going after some Dafaux (?, I don't remember the name), and that we should go to the Darchlight Manor, and when I was ready, I should talk to her. But when I talk to her, and say that I'm ready, she just says that I need to complete something I have unfinished. Needless to say that I'm lost in so many ways.

But, my main concern is: how do I go back to the main story? I can't continue this quest. I also think that I've been caught in the middle of the quest, because I don't remember any Dafaux (?) or Narcy (I dodn't play this game for a while now, but I still don't think that I met some Narcy).

So, basically, I'm in a place I shouldn't be, and I'm so lost. I would really appreciate it if you could help me! My backups are a bit outdated, so I would have to repeat a lot of the game if I would just use a backup (and I really don't want to do that Melia thing again).

I don't know if this is a known glitch, but I wanted to make sure that the developers of the game know of this bug, because it really is a massive glitch (I think).

Thank you for your help!

30 minutes ago, PokefanPT said:

(I dodn't play this game for a while now, but I still don't think that I met some Narcy).

Narcy. 

Narcissa. 

Come on, G.

2 hours ago, Scyl said:

Narcy. 

Narcissa. 

Come on, G.

Yeah, I know she's Narcissa (I mentioned on the post), I was just stating that, in the dialogue, it seemed like she knew me, and I have never met Narcissa while in the past

11 hours ago, PokefanPT said:

Hi!

So, I was playing chapter 13, and I just completed that part where you control Melia. After that, I was controlling my own character, as usual. It seems that I've time travelled (again), and Anju was there to save the day, again. She said to me to go to the city that there was nearby. But I love to explore everything before doing the main tasks, so I noticed some kind of mansion. I entered it, and there was a door locked, which, for some reason, I had the key for it. And so, it became unlocked, and some dialogue with Narcy (I don't even know sho she is) happened. Then I went to explore the rest of the mansion (I activated some kind of lever that did nothing, but okay), and then Narcy was in the way of that locked door, so I couldn't enter it. But after entering the mansion again, the door was free, so I could go in. After that, Narcy reads some kind of text, and then she passes out (with some memories from a doctor). When she woke up, I was with her, IN GOLDENLEAF TOWN, with Narcissa, which is the future Narcy (I suppose), and she said they were going after some Dafaux (?, I don't remember the name), and that we should go to the Darchlight Manor, and when I was ready, I should talk to her. But when I talk to her, and say that I'm ready, she just says that I need to complete something I have unfinished. Needless to say that I'm lost in so many ways.

But, my main concern is: how do I go back to the main story? I can't continue this quest. I also think that I've been caught in the middle of the quest, because I don't remember any Dafaux (?) or Narcy (I dodn't play this game for a while now, but I still don't think that I met some Narcy).

So, basically, I'm in a place I shouldn't be, and I'm so lost. I would really appreciate it if you could help me! My backups are a bit outdated, so I would have to repeat a lot of the game if I would just use a backup (and I really don't want to do that Melia thing again).

I don't know if this is a known glitch, but I wanted to make sure that the developers of the game know of this bug, because it really is a massive glitch (I think).

Thank you for your help!

You kinda explain it in a very confusing way, so if i catch it right you don't know what to do because you are suppose to continue to the main story in GDC but you are transported to Golden Leaf town and now confuse on how to go back right?

Ehh well there are 2 ways first is if you have defeat the flying leader you can just use FLY, but if you can't then i guess going to west gearen and use the train

And if you have beat the gym but dont have the HM for it and you cant go back by train, there is Drampa in Valor mountain, it knows how to use FLY so just catch it

I get that you didn't come back to the Goldenleaf gym after the plot, or do the sidequest from the power plant in West Gearen, bc that's when you start all those events and meet Narcy. Anyways, I think that's a common bug (or at least I've read of it before) so you should find a resolved thread around. That mansion should be locked in the past, but... 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, fellowry said:

You kinda explain it in a very confusing way, so if i catch it right you don't know what to do because you are suppose to continue to the main story in GDC but you are transported to Golden Leaf town and now confuse on how to go back right?

Ehh well there are 2 ways first is if you have defeat the flying leader you can just use FLY, but if you can't then i guess going to west gearen and use the train

And if you have beat the gym but dont have the HM for it and you cant go back by train, there is Drampa in Valor mountain, it knows how to use FLY so just catch it

I'm sorry if I explained myself badly.

In reality, I was in the past, but with that quest, I got brought up to the present. The main plot is in the past, however, I'm at the present right now. That makes impossible for me to continue with the story of the game, so I'm stuck. I tried, and there's no other way to get to the badlands, and even if I got there, I was in the past, so, I think it's would be really difficult for me to go back to the place I'm supposed to be. I hope you understand what I was saying.

6 hours ago, kithas said:

I get that you didn't come back to the Goldenleaf gym after the plot, or do the sidequest from the power plant in West Gearen, bc that's when you start all those events and meet Narcy. Anyways, I think that's a common bug (or at least I've read of it before) so you should find a resolved thread around. That mansion should be locked in the past, but... 

Thank you for understanding me! Exactly, I never returned to Goldenlead gym after defeating it, and I also think I've never went to the power plant. Thank you for explaining to me where I was supposed to meet Narcy!

I also thought that this would be a common bug, so I was wondering why people were taking so long to reply, and why I couldn't find any thread with this bug. But I will work harder in finding a thread about this bug, to see if there's a solution!

I agree with you, like, that bug was so easy to trigger xD. I don't know why the creator made that mansion accessible so early in the quest. I really thought that it was a bonus area for us to explore. I hope the developers will fix this, so that this doesn't happen to future players!

Once again, thank you for helping me!

On 4/16/2020 at 1:14 PM, kithas said:

Update: After searching for a thread about this bug, I found some users with the same problem, but they were always unanswered, so I basically didn't find anything useful.

The only way to fix the problem was to use a backup, which, thankfully, one of them was right before I entered that room with Narcy, so I got lucky! I didn't have to play some parts again.

But some people with this problem might not have the same luck as me, so I really hope that the developers fix this bug in the next version!