If Xenpurgis becomes topical...

Magus543

On one hand, i enjoy that Beeyheem are being used to the fullest of their paranoia inducing capabilities, but on the other, it's sheer paranoia fuel. How do we know what's real or not? You can see this in where love lies. At least we have Delpha. 

27 minutes ago, Magus543 said:

On one hand, i enjoy that Beeyheem are being used to the fullest of their paranoia inducing capabilities, but on the other, it's sheer paranoia fuel. How do we know what's real or not? You can see this in where love lies. At least we have Delpha. 

How do we know the whole game hasnt been one big illusion created by Freya and weve actually been helping team Xen the whole time? i mean i know the devs wouldn't do that to us but still, makes ya think "what if"

Edited by Kyublivion

Just now, Kyublivion said:

How do we know the whole game hasnt been one big illusion created by Freya and weve actually been helping team Xen the whole time? i mean i know the devs wouldn't do that do us but still, makes ya think "what if"

How do we know we were winning all those battles anyway? How do we know Melia and her group of hanger ons are actually are our friends and not Ditto in disguise? 

So many questions.  

26 minutes ago, Magus543 said:

How do we know we were winning all those battles anyway? How do we know Melia and her group of hanger ons are actually are our friends and not Ditto in disguise? 

So many questions.  

How do we know we even escaped the Oceana? Whos to say we havent been in Blacksteeple Castle the whole time under the illusion that we havent? Whos to say we even got on the boat to get to the region?! 

10 hours ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

...Y'alls paranoia is probably stressing the 'poor' beheeyem out. That ridiculous degree of manipulation over the course of such a prolonged amount of time has got to be insanely tiring!

How much do you trust whatever evidence that you may remember backing this claim? 
And why would Freya only have one when she can use several of them? 

4 hours ago, Tikkit said:

Don't worry, it has a crest. It probably secretly gives +30 to intelligence and wisdom. It can handle this sort of massive trick.

Come on, the Beeheyem Crest can’t only grant such unsignificant advantages. I suggest something more up to scale: the crest creates within a 100-foot radius of the Trainer a permanent and indestructible field of “1984”-absolute power. This means that through the Beeheyem, the Trainer acquires full awareness and complete control over any and all of the people’s perceptions of reality, including thoughts, emotions and memories. 

Edited by Mindlack

19 hours ago, Mindlack said:

How much do you trust whatever evidence that you may remember backing this claim? 
And why would Freya only have one when she can use several of them? 

Come on, the Beeheyem Crest can’t only grant such unsignificant advantages. I suggest something more up to scale: the crest creates within a 100-foot radius of the Trainer a permanent and indestructible field of “1984”-absolute power. This means that through the Beeheyem, the Trainer acquires full awareness and complete control over any and all of the people’s perceptions of reality, including thoughts, emotions and memories. 

Reminding us why Beeheyem and Psychic types are walking paranoia fuel. Like jeez, i could see Cassandra and GDC using them to keep the populace under control. And why i think the Cassandra at the end of V12 is an impostor. 

6 hours ago, Magus543 said:

Reminding us why Beeheyem and Psychic types are walking paranoia fuel. Like jeez, i could see Cassandra and GDC using them to keep the populace under control. And why i think the Cassandra at the end of V12 is an impostor. 

Spoiler

Cassandra there is probably real. After all, Erin lived long enough to reach the Pyramid AND survive the delay caused by team Bladestar, I'm certain Isha fixed her up by the time we get back to fight him.

8 hours ago, Magus543 said:

Reminding us why Beeheyem and Psychic types are walking paranoia fuel. 

Depends on your story set. That Beeheyem (as well as a few powerful/weird characters such as Karen and Crescent) are the only mind-altering entities in the game. 

Remember, you’re not paranoid if they’re after you! 

1 hour ago, Tikkit said:
  Hide contents

Cassandra there is probably real. After all, Erin lived long enough to reach the Pyramid AND survive the delay caused by team Bladestar, I'm certain Isha fixed her up by the time we get back to fight him.

I wouldn’t be so sure, as Erin was protected by the Archetype. 
However, maybe Cassandra has a robot body like Ren (as a Xen). 

2 hours ago, Mindlack said:

Depends on your story set. That Beeheyem (as well as a few powerful/weird characters such as Karen and Crescent) are the only mind-altering entities in the game. 

Remember, you’re not paranoid if they’re after you! 

I wouldn’t be so sure, as Erin was protected by the Archetype. 
However, maybe Cassandra has a robot body like Ren (as a Xen). 

Fair enough, forgot about that. But Cassandra definitely would be a priority to save, being an important Xen asset. Though if she was fake, how would she be faked? Freya wasn't anywhere in the area, and Cosmia doesn't seem like she'd be able to pull off a Cassandra act for extended periods of time, considering how bad her impression of the Interceptor's mom was. (At least I think it was bad, hard to remember considering how little we actually get to see Nancy.)

Could Xenpurgis be Rift Yveltal? It's definitely connected with Team Xen, Madame X was collecting people to sacrifice at Blacksteeple and brought Yveltal along with her visit, Team Xen has a secret facility with a replica Yveltal cocoon and a journal with "it's how he sees" near it, and Rift Yveltal would probably be capable of easily destroying the region and a large portion of the population. Plus, if the story really was decided in 2015, that's before Gen VII came out, making it easy to have the main legendaries be the Sinnoh trio, Kalos trio, and Arceus.

18 minutes ago, ArcaneArceus said:

Could Xenpurgis be Rift Yveltal? It's definitely connected with Team Xen, Madame X was collecting people to sacrifice at Blacksteeple and brought Yveltal along with her visit, Team Xen has a secret facility with a replica Yveltal cocoon and a journal with "it's how he sees" near it, and Rift Yveltal would probably be capable of easily destroying the region and a large portion of the population. Plus, if the story really was decided in 2015, that's before Gen VII came out, making it easy to have the main legendaries be the Sinnoh trio, Kalos trio, and Arceus.

Woah, what secret facility? Also, Rift Yveltal seems really weird for something that Cassandra is overseeing in GDC. You'd think that Madame X would be unable to trust such a thing with anyone else.

In the Secret Shore Xen lab, there's a dive spot that takes you to a small room with a model Yveltal cocoon and a book titled "Yveltal's Demise". When read, the book first lists Yveltal's pokedex stats - height, weight, types, ability - then reads: 

"The Yveltal is the key. The Yveltal is how he knows. The Yveltal is how he spies. He stalks us." 

"Upon the death of Yveltal, it sucks the life force from every living thing around it and then reverts into a cocoon. I believe that this is his trap. It's a failsafe. A way to get back if all else fails. I have to find a way to destroy Yveltal while also preventing the impending doom that is a result of its own demise. If I do that, then I win." 

I don't know if that relates to the new Calamity or the old, but it seems like it could give some clues.

That seems more like Madame X wanting to prevent Yveltal from doing anything. Also, the "Him" that the text refers to is probably Indriad or one of the other ancient kings/rulers, like Griselda and the Goomink one.