Should I rewrite my idea?

Bunni Blair

I was wanting to take a break from writing my Reborn fanfiction, since I got stuck and I was feeling kind of stress. So, I decided to play Rejuvenation, 'cause I haven't played it yet. But the further I got into it, the more I realized it sounded like the idea I had for my version of Reborn's protagonist. Because the MC comes back every time they die and Melia's dark version, Melanie, has the same name as my character.

(Her name is Melanie Collins btw)

So, I was wanting to know rather or not I should rewrite Melanie.

Edited by Lady Taria

I think that if you can make your idea different enough, that you should go ahead and go for it! If you think on it long enough, you're bound to come up with something that is different enough from the game that you'll be able to capture the interest of some readers. 🙂

• Like 1

I think if you're in the early stages in your Reborn fanfiction, it'd be good for you to choose to do a Rejuv fanfiction instead, since you feel a connection between your MC and the Rejuvenation characters/setting/plot. If you're far into your Reborn fanfic, then it'd depend whether you don't mind throwing that much writing away. I personally am not good at finishing stories, having like ~4 ongoing ones and 1 finished one, so I prefer to try to finish something instead of starting a new project if it's possible... or if I can repress my urge to start something new 😅 (hint: that almost never happens)

• Like 1

Having confidence in yourself and your ideas is essential to make your story unique and authentic. After several attempts, I realized myself that readers love when things happen differently from their original context. So maybe you can rearrange Melanie’s writings, but going too far in a change of personnality might be a risky move for your story. Therefore, I can’t do much but recommend you to either improve the content of your already existing episodes, or starting to write a fanfic based on Rejuvenation where characters seem to have more apparent relational connections between each other.

• Like 1

@Candy @Q-Jei I was actually thinking about writing a fanfiction for both Reborn and Rejuvenation already. 'Cause I found that there is an extreme lacking amount for Rejuv, especially on here. (I only found one so far and it wasn't continued.) I just don't want them to sound too similar. I was wanting them to be their own thing. So if I have to, I don't mind rewriting what I already wrote. because i haven't even started posting anything yet. I just hope you all don't mind waiting longer...

Edited by Lady Taria

• 3 weeks later...

Uhh...the truth is I don't have that much. I deleted the three chapters I did have, because I wasn't happy with them. So now all I have is the prologue, which I'm unsure if I should even post yet.

But, thank you. I'm still a bit worried, but what you said is reassuring. ^-^

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 4/24/2020 at 10:51 PM, Star Delight said:

Uhh...the truth is I don't have that much. I deleted the three chapters I did have, because I wasn't happy with them. So now all I have is the prologue, which I'm unsure if I should even post yet.

But, thank you. I'm still a bit worried, but what you said is reassuring. ^-^

If I were you, I would keep the drafts.

It's alright if you don't want to, mine physically hurt when I reread them,   Why not come back to it weeks, or months later? It's a good opportunity to analyse why the chapter(s) didn't sit right with you. Was it the wording, the pacing, the structure, the story, something else?

It's fine to scrap writing, heck sometimes it's needed to continue on the right track, but you can always recycle & learn from your past attempts and that itself is pretty reassuring. It's good to keep the ✨HOLY TRINITY✨ of Goals, Obstacles and Stakes in mind, too.

• Thanks 1