What do you wana see in v10?

Stiffins

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

??????

As someone who uses ImposterScarf Ditto in competitive play, this is not and has never been a 5th generation mechanic of Imposter. Imposter merely only executes the move Transform when the Pokemon who has it switches into battle rather than waiting for it to be selected as a move. I don't know where this is a mechanic, but it is not in the 5th generation of Pokemon.

..so please don't do this.

...Key word. PO. I definitely remember ditto having the ability to retain the amount of PP of the opponent's moves in the game at least. And if I remember correctly we don't have the choice scarf in Reborn sooo.....why are you freeaking out. Anyways Ame, definitely think about adding that in there.

Edit: Okay I read two different sources, so can someone double check with the PP thing in Black/White(2) versions, because I have read that Ditto retains the PP amounts. Thank you in advance <3

But yea, we don't have choice scarf and Reborn is not the metagame, so you should have no reason to be having a panic attack over Imposter Ditto. Seeing how hard Reborn is, I doubt DITTO of all Pokemon should be worried about. -_-

Edited by Color

Sorry to sound like a broken record but I would really like to see EV raising items (power items). EV/IV checker as well but it seems like those will actually be in episode 10!

Pretty sure you're gonna have to wait for a few more episodes before that happens. EV raising items seems like it would fall under competitive training items, which would need 8 stickers, IIRC.

What I would like? Berries. I'm looking at my sparse berry pouch, and I would like to get to an area unpolluted enough to grow berries. Tanzan cove seems like a good place, but for some reason no provision for farming berries. As we get more into moving away from the polluted reborn region, I would like the naturalness of the environment to start coming back.

I know you are gonna say people can abuse growing friendship berries, but you don't have to add mulch, which would mean long, long time for those berries. And if you limit the spots to only like 3 or 4, it would be very tedious to grow friendship berries fast. I don't even use friendship berries for friendship but for EV correction. And then just let basic berries be there.

Aspear

Rawst

Oran,Sitrus

Lum

Persim

Pecha

and just a few places to be able to grow them.

Edited by SarutobiAsuma

...Key word. PO. I definitely remember ditto having the ability to retain the amount of PP of the opponent's moves in the game at least. And if I remember correctly we don't have the choice scarf in Reborn sooo.....why are you freeaking out. Anyways Ame, definitely think about adding that in there.

Edit: Okay I read two different sources, so can someone double check with the PP thing in Black/White(2) versions, because I have read that Ditto retains the PP amounts. Thank you in advance <3

But yea, we don't have choice scarf and Reborn is not the metagame, so you should have no reason to be having a panic attack over Imposter Ditto. Seeing how hard Reborn is, I doubt DITTO of all Pokemon should be worried about. -_-

I'll admit that while my response may have been rather intense, my point still stands. Imposter is no different than normal use of Transform with the exception that it activates on the switch (unless the opponent has a Substitute out or has Illusion or Magic Guard as their ability), so each move that Imposter's user receives only has 5PP. I don't really have the time to setup a test in PO, but if it works like that in PO, then there's a bug in PO. Imposter definitely only gives its user 5PP in Showdown, I know that from some earlier Magic Guard testing (although that confused me about something else.. but I digress).

Proof of its functionality here.

The bit about Choice Scarf isn't about Reborn, it's merely citing experience with use of Imposter Ditto.

...Maybe if I get a decent amount of sleep tonight I'll be less snappy unprovoked.

Why abuse growing berries when you can literally buy them on the 4th floor of the department store.

Why use Sitrus/Oran when you can just catch a Munchlax that always holds Leftovers....

Technically, Sitrus is more effective than Leftovers if the Pokemon using it only survives <5 turns in battle sans other healing items (25% single use versus 6% per end of turn means Leftovers beats it on turn 5 @ 30% healing) so certain strategies can use it more effectively. A quick example could be some extra survivability for a Pokemon like Forretress where you setup a few hazards and then Explode on your enemies (Leftovers could still be used here for similar effectiveness, but this example is the first thing that comes to mind). There's also Harvest Tropius to consider (although Harvest isn't even coded in the game lol) or perhaps some unique strategy using Recycle? Plus Sitrus berries are more convenient to get, if that means anything.

Edited by Blind Guardian

• Administrators

Berries- It really isn't an impossible function, but one I removed originally because it had no place in the first about 8 episodes.

Now that we're getting into naturalistic areas I agree it could have a place there... But it wouldn't, of course, be just limited to what you find in the wild, since they are presently purchasable.

Reconsidering it, it might be nice to have the basic berries purchasable, but then finding rarer, more useful berry types can be side-quest rewards for exploring those areas... Hm....

Theres actually quite a bit i would want to see in V10 so...brace yourself for the incredibly long list. :mellow:

• The VS Seeker (Seriously is is a necessity)
  • Complete access to the dept.store. (This is self-explanatory)
  • Access to evolution items (Magmarizer,Electrizer,Dubious Disc,Reaper's Cloth etc.)
  • Ice Rock for Glaceon
  • Some useful TMs! (PLEASE I BEG YOU!)
  • FLY and SURF (Having to walk literally everywhere is so depressing!)
  • More Mafia events! (The Aqua gang vs Magma gang events were alot of fun i wouldnt mind seeing more of them)
  • Better wild training spots (Remove the damn pre-evolved pokemon in some areas! It makes training slow and boring since they are so F#@king common!!!!)

But yea thats my wishlist. It is extremely painful for those who dont have a pickup army to get certain items and money..so the vs seeker and complete access to dept store is pretty much the main things im looking for. :)

Theres actually quite a bit i would want to see in V10 so...brace yourself for the incredibly long list. :mellow:

• The VS Seeker (Seriously is is a necessity)
  • Complete access to the dept.store. (This is self-explanatory)
  • Access to evolution items (Magmarizer,Electrizer,Dubious Disc,Reaper's Cloth etc.)
  • Ice Rock for Glaceon
  • Some useful TMs! (PLEASE I BEG YOU!)
  • FLY and SURF (Having to walk literally everywhere is so depressing!)
  • More Mafia events! (The Aqua gang vs Magma gang events were alot of fun i wouldnt mind seeing more of them)
  • Better wild training spots (Remove the damn pre-evolved pokemon in some areas! It makes training slow and boring since they are so F#@king common!!!!)

But yea thats my wishlist. It is extremely painful for those who dont have a pickup army to get certain items and money..so the vs seeker and complete access to dept store is pretty much the main things im looking for. :)

1. Vs seeker. Yes agree.

2. Dept store full access probably isn't gonna happen. I expect no more than 1 more floor added this episode if any. The way I see it, the TMs are gonna be introduced after your pokemon have reached levels beyond where learned moves can still be learned.

3. Again, probably not till later. Evolution items are said to be on the 8F of the department store, so yeah, when we can get to the 8F, we should be able to get all of that.

4. That's already possible to get. You have to mine one out of the glowing rocks. I know, cause I have one :)

5. 9F buddy. 9F.

6. You should get Cheat engine, cause it makes biking speed way up.

7. Totally agree. That was one of the most fun events in the game. I enjoyed storming the old lady's house and robbing her blind. That sounds pretty bad now that you think about it........

8. There are some good ones.

>For defense, you go to Pyrous mountain. It's best if you are training a defensive water type like Empoleon/Swampert. I find a nice trick is to train using the rocks to the vents, just to the left and up immediately after you walk in to the mountain. Every time u rock smash those 3 u get a lv 35 Magcargo and all you have to do to reset them is step back out the mountain and back again.

>Unown is probably the best training spot up to lv 40. because for a pokemon without an evolution, Unown gives large Exp, and gives 1 atk and 1 sp atk ev, so it's all offense. You can use friendship berries to correct the stats later. I trained my Modest Zorua in there.

>For ground, the wasteland is by far the easiest in the area just outside the gym. And you can run back inside for a quick heal with the machine. In the cave below Team meteor's base, in Tanzan mountain, that might be good too once u get to lv 40+, especially for ground type. I plan to train my excadrill+Mamoswine in there.

>You can also fish with a good rod in that dude's house in Lower Peridot Ward. You get lv high 30s to mid to high 40s Seaking/Goldeen. And finneon. That's atk and speed evs. Great for your physical sweeper.

>Sp atk, go into Slad'es gym. Kill manectirc and get that sp atk evs. There are quite a few places honestly.

1. Vs seeker. Yes agree.

2. Dept store full access probably isn't gonna happen. I expect no more than 1 more floor added this episode if any. The way I see it, the TMs are gonna be introduced after your pokemon have reached levels beyond where learned moves can still be learned.

3. Again, probably not till later. Evolution items are said to be on the 8F of the department store, so yeah, when we can get to the 8F, we should be able to get all of that.

4. That's already possible to get. You have to mine one out of the glowing rocks. I know, cause I have one :)

5. 9F buddy. 9F.

6. You should get Cheat engine, cause it makes biking speed way up.

7. Totally agree. That was one of the most fun events in the game. I enjoyed storming the old lady's house and robbing her blind. That sounds pretty bad now that you think about it........

8. There are some good ones.

>For defense, you go to Pyrous mountain. It's best if you are training a defensive water type like Empoleon/Swampert. I find a nice trick is to train using the rocks to the vents, just to the left and up immediately after you walk in to the mountain. Every time u rock smash those 3 u get a lv 35 Magcargo and all you have to do to reset them is step back out the mountain and back again.

>Unown is probably the best training spot up to lv 40. because for a pokemon without an evolution, Unown gives large Exp, and gives 1 atk and 1 sp atk ev, so it's all offense. You can use friendship berries to correct the stats later. I trained my Modest Zorua in there.

>For ground, the wasteland is by far the easiest in the area just outside the gym. And you can run back inside for a quick heal with the machine. In the cave below Team meteor's base, in Tanzan mountain, that might be good too once u get to lv 40+, especially for ground type. I plan to train my excadrill+Mamoswine in there.

>You can also fish with a good rod in that dude's house in Lower Peridot Ward. You get lv high 30s to mid to high 40s Seaking/Goldeen. And finneon. That's atk and speed evs. Great for your physical sweeper.

>Sp atk, go into Slad'es gym. Kill manectirc and get that sp atk evs. There are quite a few places honestly.

Much of what you're saying is good, but when he says Ice Rock for Glaceon he means one like the Mossy Rock in Chrysolia Forest. That particular Icy Rock allows Eevee to evolve into Glaceon by levelling up near it. Also I've told Ame where the information is in the scripts about changing biking/running/walking speed, so that's up to her if she wants to change it or not. Episode 10, while a new episode with new story content and areas to explore, will likely have very little of the things people are asking for here (save many of the scripting stuff that Ame, Wooby, and I have fixed).

Additionally, Ame has already said that if she does trainer rebattles then it'll be through the phone system, so you likely will not get a VS. Seeker out of her. Ever.