What do you wana see in v10?

Stiffins

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah. I forgot my obligatory Dragonite. Also, Ikaru mentioned Lemonade. I think a few vending machines would be nice if there aren't any in the game already. While I agree that Hyper Potions would heal too much, Super Potions heal too little as of Episode 9. The price could be raised from what they are in the normal games too, that way players can't buy hundreds.

Well, there is the option of using Moomoo Milk, which heals 100 HP. It's the happy medium between Super and Hyper Potions.

Apparently there are Ice Cream machines, also. I haven't found any, but they've been mentioned.

I like the Moomoo milk idea. good way to introduce tauros and miltank.

Those were going to be introduced anyway, and I didn't realise Moomoo Milk was 100 so that's actually perfect.

As for Tauros, Imma be copying XY all up in hurr

Does that mean we'll also be able to go up cliffs? (I would rather have this than Rock Climb)

• Administrators

Well, there is the option of using Moomoo Milk, which heals 100 HP. It's the happy medium between Super and Hyper Potions.

Apparently there are Ice Cream machines, also. I haven't found any, but they've been mentioned.

The happy medium between Super and Hyper Potions is actually 125 HP though...

But yes in seriousness this will do; ice cream machines are found in Spinel Town and the Obsidia Ward. Contract says I can't say more than that.

Hyper Potions don't make anything "easy", they just make you waste less time by healing with weaker alternatives or running back to Pokemon Center.

Not sure what was funny with Larvitar suggestion, how is sand better than sun? I mean seriously, my chlorophyl Ivysaur beat Corey, just because he could outspeed everything and put it to sleep before it could hit back. With Grass Knot.. And do you even know how much damage does a Flamethrower from things like Modest Arcanine under Sun do? A fuckton. If Tyranitar would be such a big problem for some reason, how about a Hippowdon at least? :x

• Administrators

Hyper Potions don't make anything "easy", they just make you waste less time by healing with weaker alternatives or running back to Pokemon Center.

Not sure what was funny with Larvitar suggestion, how is sand better than sun? I mean seriously, my chlorophyl Ivysaur beat Corey, just because he could outspeed everything and put it to sleep before it could hit back. With Grass Knot.. And do you even know how much damage does a Flamethrower from things like Modest Arcanine under Sun do? A fuckton. If Tyranitar would be such a big problem for some reason, how about a Hippowdon at least? :x

Wasting less time by healing with weaker alternatives is fine out of battle- but then there's the new Light Shards Ame threw in that should, in theory, solve that anyway. She keeps up with most of the playthroughs on youtube so I assume that she knows exactly where most people have stopped and gone back to heal; and honestly I've only had to do that when something faints, or before a boss fight.

... Anyway, my point is that it's fine(ish) out of battle, but then you get into a harder battle and instead of playing it skillfully or some such thing you spam Hyper Potions until the AI invariably does something stupid and you're back to full HP every time. And there will be people who do that.

The weather isn't the problem (and at the risk of starting a weather argument, usage stats on PO and Smogon suggest Sun is the third most popular weather, only ahead of lolHail, whereas Sand and Rain are 2 and 1. But none of this really matters ingame because a well put-together weather team of any sort will probably be better than an equivalent not-weather team) but rather the problem is requesting a pseudo-legendary halfway through the game.

Reading around the subforums the number one strategy for beating Serra is to "go get the drought Vulpix from the salon lady" and purposely gimp yourself with a baby Vulpix to simultaneously make it "fair". I used Ninetales and Blaziken because I already had them both, so I'm not denying the "Sun is strong" thing, but I went into it expecting to drop her on the ground and run her over- I lost the first time.

Ninetales on its own is kind of a joke compared to Tyranitar, and on top of that I'm pretty sure Ame didn't add in Drilbur in the new episode just to make it break everything in the next. Hippowdon is certainly far less of an amusing* prospect, but in the end all of this is up to Amethyst alone anyway.

*Oh, and sorry if the HAHAHAHA actually bothered you or something, it's just my way of saying that you'll be waiting a while. I didn't do it to the Groudon request because honestly that should be a given and it's been said many times that legendaries, without exception, will all be post game.

That includes Victini.

Anyway, I suppose this thread is "what do you want to see," not "ikaru's going to tell you what will be in and what probably won't" so I'll leave the dream-crushing to Ame instead- speculate away!

I have like 80 hyper potions, 20 full restores, 10 max revives, 80 revives. :s I'm hoping E10 will bring some challenging content.

Scald would be a cool TM to add next. So many water types have garbage leveling moves :(

Edited by Stiffins

Put the Power (Anklet/Bracer/etc.) on the next floor of the department store, that'd be great, and as much as I doubt it, I'd love the Reaper Cloth to be available like the Department store claims to have.

False. Advertisement. <_<

I don't believe the evolution items are available at the store yet. Either that or I didn't find all of the available stickers -_- I'm currently on the 6th floor as my maximum.

That being said, from the looks of things (based on the guide at the Department Store), the 7th floor will have evolution stones, and the 8th floor will have evolution items (including Reaper Cloth, Magmarizer, and Dubious Disc, I hope).

Edited by WhiteyMcFly

I know it's asking too much, but I would appreciate a move tutor

(like the Earth Power move tutor)

Clearly the ones that teach stuff like Frenzy Plant should be reserved for late-game,

but it'd be a fresh breathe of air to see something that tutors Icy Wind at the very least.