What do you wana see in v10?

Stiffins

...All of a sudden, I wanna see Reborn become a canon game. Or at least have there be a canon game inspired by Reborn.

Also, yeah, there should definitely be a few TMs in the Game Corner, as high end prizes that you have to have a ridiculous number of coins to acquire. 100,000 coins for the cheapest one, and it's, like, Dig or something. Except they don't tell you what TM the prizes are. You have to buy them to find out.

Edited by NeoDarklight

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cacnea and Pawniard. These two are all I need to smash the entire game into oblivion.

Assuming Ame doesn't fix Sucker Punch, but that prolly doesn't matter

Edited by YagamiNoir4896

I am under the impression we might get two pseudo-legendaries soon McMc. In true reborn nature they probably will be difficult to get if they indeed come available but my money is against gible, bagon and dratini on account without a good range of tm's they are still just too strong compared to the other 3.

My money is on Beldum being in the next update. Statwise, he's not the STRONGEST pseudo-legendary, but he's pretty damn good. He also doesn't have a wide variety of powerful moves, the main ones being Meteor Mash, Hammer Arm, and Zen Headbutt (psychic doesn't count on account of his average Sp. Att. stat). He does learn Hyper Beam later on, but that won't be controllable until, like, Episode 11 (though, Meteor Mash is probably still stronger if you calculate STAB in).

EDIT: NVM, it's probably gonna be Hydreigon's line, as that pokemon has the most weaknesses next to Tyranitar, and the most average stats of the legendaries. Definitely not gonna be the Salamence line, as that one learns Fly on its own, and Ame wanted to keep that one for later down the line. No Dratinis because Ame already said so. I realized Metagross is a freaking TANK, so he's likely out, though he's my favorite <3. We MIGHT see Tyranitar as it has the most weaknesses, but that Sandstorm ability might throw that out. Garchomp is pretty fast, and hits heavy, and has a decent move-pool, so he's likely out. Which leave's Deino as the best suited pseudo-legendary pokemon's starting form to introduce.

EDIT 2: Hydreigon has the highest Sp. Att. of the pseudo-legendaries, so it's more likely Tyranitar, as there are already pokemon that change the weather automatically available in-game.

Edited by NeoDarklight

I don't know if anyone else mentioned this but Ditto has fourth generation mechanics.

What I mean by that is that when Ditto transforms he starts off with five pp of all the moves of the opponent is transformed into.

I already have Imposter ditto (which I absolutely love to use) but can the almighty Ame make it so that it follows fifth generation mechanics?

You know if it transforms it keeps the same PP amounts as the opponent?

Or is that a bit too much or out of your control?

Sorry if I am asking something like this, I was just curious since Reborn follows (most) of the fifth gen mechanics

• Administrators

I am under the impression we might get two pseudo-legendaries soon McMc. In true reborn nature they probably will be difficult to get if they indeed come available but my money is against gible, bagon and dratini on account without a good range of tm's they are still just too strong compared to the other 3.

I don't know where you got that idea from. Psuedo-legendaries will be among the last things I include. Aside from that thing Ackalacka posted, which I should advise no one to count on getting, and I am not even considering it to be a valid method of obtaining them.

Was it true that on v10 you have managed to fix bug regarding 3rd abilities? Can't wait to breed Contrary Shuckle and get Shell Smash on that. :-)

Not yet. But hopefully in time.

I don't know if anyone else mentioned this but Ditto has fourth generation mechanics.

What I mean by that is that when Ditto transforms he starts off with five pp of all the moves of the opponent is transformed into.

I already have Imposter ditto (which I absolutely love to use) but can the almighty Ame make it so that it follows fifth generation mechanics?

Sorry if I am asking something like this, I was just curious since Reborn follows (most) of the fifth gen mechanics

Noted

• Administrators

I don't know where you got that idea from. Psuedo-legendaries will be among the last things I include. Aside from that thing Ackalacka posted, which I should advise no one to count on getting, and I am not even considering it to be a valid method of obtaining them.

probably from when I said this in a different topic

She's only got two of the psuedo-legendaries planned at the moment, among which is not Dratini, and the only thematically correct place to put an Ice Rock is still a ways away. As for Pickup, I'm not sure if that's in her control. At least nobody's getting super good TMs...

admittedly it was worded badly to someone who hadn't talked to you about it >>

• Administrators

Ooooh, I see.

Yes, okay, to correct that:

All pseudo legends will be in eventually, though I don't necessarily know where they will be. I have decided where two of them will be. They will not be in Episode 10.

Any particular mechanics that you'd like to see fixed? I can try to look into them.

This is indeed true, I should be finished with it shortly if it can hold my attention for long enough.

Well, Certain abilities such as Moxie, Synchronise, as well as moves (Stealth Rock, especially)

That Exp. bug where certain battles doesn't net exp ( This one reeally sucks for training)

Fishing response not effected by speedhack ( I naturally run the game on 1.7 to 2x speed to quicken the pace.

This is more of a interface thing, but I would love to have a soft reset option and a more functional key binding system

I don't know what will be repaired in v10, but I want this game to evolve epic levels. :D

Edit: If possible, the third ability breeding issue too..

Edited by Dezae077

Noted

??????

As someone who uses ImposterScarf Ditto in competitive play, this is not and has never been a 5th generation mechanic of Imposter. Imposter merely only executes the move Transform when the Pokemon who has it switches into battle rather than waiting for it to be selected as a move. I don't know where this is a mechanic, but it is not in the 5th generation of Pokemon.

..so please don't do this.

As for other mechanics...

Well, Certain abilities such as Moxie,

fixed by Woobowiz iirc

Synchronise,

Synchronize should work as intended, if that's the ability you're asking about. Let me know if this is not the case.

as well as moves (Stealth Rock, especially)

There are more than a few that aren't even coded and I'm aware of this. Iirc, Stealth Rocks AND Spikes are fixed for next episode (Ame can correct me if I'm wrong here).

That Exp. bug where certain battles doesn't net exp ( This one reeally sucks for training)

I'm having trouble catching this one. I think it's related to certain moves that have a side effect (IE Thunder Fang having Para/Flinch) that activates on a killing blow that's causing the code not to execute the +EXP commands but I'm still not 100% on it. I'm aware of this but it's on the backburner until I can more reliably pin it down through testing or something.

Fishing response not effected by speedhack ( I naturally run the game on 1.7 to 2x speed to quicken the pace.

Coding around speedhacks is rather difficult... as they're hacks. I can try to look into this I guess.. but it's definitely not a priority, at least not for me.

This is more of a interface thing, but I would love to have a soft reset option and a more functional key binding system

As noted by 77Retro, F12 is soft reset. As for key bindings, we'd need to have them all added as variables and then refactor.. and since RPG Maker doesn't exactly have any kind of automated refactoring then it would be need to be done manually.. which can cause edge cases and crashes if a single change is missed. I believe this is in Ame's interests though, and while I can't do this quickly, I'll consider it. Best start is probably to look into why the F1 functionality isn't working properly before refactoring though. If that can be fixed then maybe we can avoid refactoring.

I don't know what will be repaired in v10, but I want this game to evolve epic levels. :D

I think we all want this to some degree.

Edit: If possible, the third ability breeding issue too..

This one I keep hearing about and I think it's been bandaged for the next episode. A proper fix would need to delve into the create-a-pokemon scripts, but I had another theory about this one that I think I'll test out tomorrow or Friday.

Off to go stare at various flavors of code ( yay lisp -_- ). Back later I guess?

My two cents- I know for a FACT that Smack Down triggers the EXP glitch, probably due to its unique secondary effect (temporarily cancels the Levitate ability of the targeted pokemon (likely also targets pokemon using Magnet Rise as well), targets pokemon using Fly (and cancels it), makes Flying type pokemon temporarily vulnerable to Ground type moves).