New Site + Episode IX: Sister's Keeper

• Administrators

For once, I'm going to do an announcement entirely straight-faced.

little does anyone know it is 2 in the morning i have been uploading for the past seven hours and i am anything but srs and well composed right now

and i just fell out of my chair writing that so

Okay, so as like everyone and a half knows, the site was down last week. A lot of people already have heard, but basically, what happened?

We were attacked. By who, I don't know. Why, I don't know. I'm told that a lot of Pokemon sites have been hit lately though, including Serebii, Smogon, Showdown. So it may have been that string of encounters, or something else. The attack itself only took us down for a little but, but after that our old webhost was like

mmm gurl naaah if dis is tha kind o shit peepz gon' be pullin on yo site, you gon' hafta leave.

And then they z-snapped at me! Can you believe it!? I couldn't believe it.

oh right, i was doing a serious post...

So basically we had to find a new webhost migrate everything, and while we're at it, I'm like, let's change the domain. Poke-place was a dinky name I picked when I was 14 because this started out as a site just between my friends and I and I didn't expect it to matter or ever go anywhere. Let's face it. That sounded dorky. So yeah, here we are on pokemonreborn.com.

So any link that goes to pokemonreborn.com will actually redirect here for now, however that won't always be the case, so update your bookmarks and get used to this new address. Yeah, the site was out for like a week, but you know, it's okay. Because even when we die, we'll always be...

...Well, you know.

So we're here, and as of I think a couple hours ago Nyu gave the last of the thing the once-over so I think we should be in ship-shape. If not I'm sure I'll hear about it soon. The new host also claims to be prepared against that type of attack, so hopefully this doesn't happen in the future either.

Now incidentally, that attack coincided with the day of Episode 9's release.

But now that we have everything back in order~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pokemon Reborn IX: Sister's Keeper

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ALL RIGHT. IT'S HERE. YEAAAAAA.

A few notes about this. This is a much shorter episode than others- kind of like episode 5 was. Very story-based, no new huge areas to explore, not a lot of sidequests. However, there was a system update, and some other things have been added, so think of it just as the next story chapter + some polishing. I'll post the notable changes taken from the Readme below.

Another thing of note, however, is that I've pulled the Animated Sprites. They caused a lot of problems for a lot of people and lagged a lot of others and as cool as they were it quickly became not-worth. Plus when 6th gen rolls around they probably would've gotten cut anyway. Those of us with better computers might miss it, but a lot of people were struggling because of those.

a clever person might find that the files for download haven't actually been removed; only the link has. but the clever person would do that at his or her own risk.

Also of note: Before I start work on episode 10, I'm going to kind of do a restructure of a lot of things and re-release 9. The purpose of this would be to really try and cull a lot of the lag that occurs around Spinel and the City. However I've been reluctant to do this before because of how unstable this process is. It'll require a lot more testing than an ordinary release. So look out for release 9.5.

Download link is below, notable changes in the spoiler. Knock yourselves out, everyone!

* The city music is currently in the process of being re-done (3/8)...
* A new item has been added: The Common Candy will decrease your Pokemon's level by 1.
* A candy shop has been added to Obsidia' Main street.
* Partnered Fern will now no longer use Water Sport and is more likely to use Mega Drain
* The Strawberry Ice Cream no longer crashes. Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry Ice Creams can now be used.
* Florinia, Aya, and Serra have all been tweaked to be slightly weaker. Kiki and Cal have been made slightly stronger.
* Big Root is now fixed
* Trainer AI has been somewhat adjusted.
* Many new animations exist
* Many move effects have been fixed

Worry Seed Simple Beam Heart Swap Work Up
Transform Thunder Wave Twister Chatter
Psycho Shift Heal Bell Aromatherapy Conversion
Conversion2 Metal Burst Psywave Rage
Stored Power Mud Sport Water Sport Present
Lock-on Mind Reader Foresight Odor Sleuth
Miracle Eye Mirror Move Sleep Talk Imprison
Heal Block Encore Beat Up Whirlwind
Fissure Shadow Force Outrage Recover
Roost Wish Absorb Heal Pulse
Memento False Swipe U-Turn Volt Switch
Thunder Blizzard Hurricane Brick Break
Stealth Rock Payday Substitute Helping Hand
Rapid Spin Focus Punch Follow Me Rage Powder
Destiny Bond Grudge Accupressure Metronome
Perish Song
Recoil moves
Moves altering 2 or more stats
Moves with variable power
Multi-hit moves

* Some Abilities have been fixed

Big Pecks Dry Skin Anticipation Magic Guard
Forewarn Frisk Anger Point Storm Drain
Lightningrod Volt Absorb Water Absorb Justified
Rattled Gluttony Hustle

* Moves which damage more than 1 Pokémon now do 25% less damage to each of them rather than 50%, as in the main series.
* The Line 512 error in Pyrous Mountain /should/ be fixed.
* Custom items currently do not have custom item graphics
* The Teddiursa Event now works properly
* Stormy weather is now brighter
* A visual effect now exists for windy days
* Escape Ropes and Dig should be not-useless now.
* Glowing Stones will now produce shards much more frequently
* A gym has been added to the Coral Ward

* Street Signs now exist

* Pidove now properly evolves into Staraptor.

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/game/

• Administrators

This topic was hidden before because I'm dumb and there were errors but there are no longer errors hopefully and if there are im going to kill myself <3

Other mirrors will be up shortly

The candy shop was awesome. I even got a part time job there working behind the counter. I have enough money saved up for a Dratini should Ame ever stop being a meanie and put Dratini in. :(

Anyway, episode 9 is great and I'm sure you all will enjoy it as much as I did. c:

• Upvote 3

I really enjoyed this episode. It just pisses me off that people are targetting pokemon sites. This has quickly become my favorite pokemon experience in a long time, and the first online anything where I didn't have a second thought about donating to. Ame, we really appreciate all your effort, and I will keep showing my friends this game!

• Upvote 1

Hey Ame , i'm new and I downloaded the game and all....but after beating the first gym leader and talking to Victoria , she won't move at all even after waiting for 5 minutes and I had to reset my game , but she still won't move. Is this a bug in the game?

Well there goes my study time. Is it just me or is the site a little slow?

Yeah, I noticed that too, but I don't think that will be too much trouble, so I'll just roll with it. :T

Edited by Arom

Apparently we used about 300 GB of bandwidth yesterday alone.

So it might just be the download traffic.

*Does math* Assuming that they are all downloads of the full game, that is a minimum of 1,000 downloads in one day! But since a lot of them are likely to be just the patches, it's probably closer to 2,000-2,500 downloads. Face it, Ame- people like this game.

EDIT: Also, nothing major, but now, after the patch, I've noticed that the game no longer plays a random pokemon cry when pressing c at the title screen to enter the main menu.

Edited by NeoDarklight

Yeah, I suppose shofu's been bringing a lot of attention to this game lately.

Well, it was around the time he started the let's play of it that a sudden storm of people suddenly started downloading the game.

Just arrived in Spinel loving this game so far and also i did defeat the garchomp not sure if i was supposed to or if it really matters but this Spinel town music you guys have to tell me the name its awesome