Pokemon Memeborn: Public Version

Azeria

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:07 PM, !!yxnT said:

IYO, how hard is this compared to redux?

never played redux...but this is the hardest pokemon game I've played. It's probably a little harder than playing the normal Reborn with no items, which I've tried. In this version I've gotten the third badge. You'll probably lose many of the major fights the first time after the first two badges. It does force you to be a bit creative. 

9 hours ago, Rorroto said:

never played redux...but this is the hardest pokemon game I've played. It's probably a little harder than playing the normal Reborn with no items, which I've tried. In this version I've gotten the third badge. You'll probably lose many of the major fights the first time after the first two badges. It does force you to be a bit creative. 

Just started playing. I've somehow made it to El in a monobug. Much harder than redux . I've soft reset more times than I can count. Arceus help me when I get to Charlotte. If I get to Charlotte...

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 11:20 PM, !!yxnT said:

Just started playing. I've somehow made it to El in a monobug. Much harder than redux . I've soft reset more times than I can count. Arceus help me when I get to Charlotte. If I get to Charlotte...

Bug is probably one of the better types to use....lots of baton passers and support types. That's definitely my favorite type.

1 hour ago, Rorroto said:

Bug is probably one of the better types to use....lots of baton passers and support types. That's definitely my favorite type.

I've been running more of a sticky web sweeping team, where I have pokemon to set up sticky web, then a bunch of support mons to set up hazards and do a bit of residual damage, and then have a sweeper(fell stinger leavanny, shell smash crustle, anything with quiver dance, moxie heracross, etc.). So far it's worked okay, I'll definitely try to get some baton passers in the mix too. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Like 1

In the normal Reborn, you have an opportunity to get a ditto as a special encounter.  In this Memeborn, the steps I've taken in Reborn to get the ditto didn't work. I'm not sure if it's planned that way or a glitch. 

To get the ditto I downloaded Reborn, started and saved a new game to create a save file folder, moved my Memeborn save file to the Reborn save file folder, deleting the old Reborn save file, so that I could bring my Memeborn pokemon and location data to Reborn. I caught the ditto in Reborn, saved the game, exited it, then moved the Reborn save file (that used to be the Memeborn save file) back into my Memeborn save file folder. I now have a ditto in Memeborn. It doesn't have perfect stats like other Memeborn pokemon do though. I'll be curious about whether or not this creates glitches or makes pokemon I breed with the ditto lose their perfect stats. If Azery doesn't create an updated version of Memeborn that has a completed version of the game, I'll try to transfer my save file back to Reborn to finish the game that way and see how that works too.

I'll let people know if I experience any problems. If anyone's interested, I can describe the exact process and area for getting ditto in the regular Reborn, or  describe what I did in more detail. I don't want to reveal unnecessary spoilers if nobody asks though, and I know elsewhere on the forum describes where to get ditto anyway...although not in a huge amount of detail, when I looked at it. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, so I've bred an egg from the ditto, hatched it, and entered into a fight with the ditto. The creature that hatched from the egg had the same perfect IV states as all the others in Memeborn. No glitches while entering a fight with ditto either. 

Edited by Rorroto

7 hours ago, not Azery said:

Ditto was removed from the early game by myself.

Thanks for the game. I like ditto for breeding early...but with some of the tougher single enemies that it could transform into, I suppose getting one early could make the game too easy.  

• 2 weeks later...

SPOILERS BELOW

So, what's been working pretty well so far has been starting off with Venusaur using sleep powder and leech seed, or something else using yawn. Or, something that can set up barriers or with thunder wave works okay too. Sleep powder and leech seed usually work best. Then I switch into a baton passer or something that can buff itself up. I haven't found anything with strong offensive buffing abilities yet though, like swords dance or nasty plot, so I'm not sure how that would work. Then I buff up that, and it usually takes out a couple opponents until they do a critical hit and knock it out. For this reason, I usually need two sweepers that can buff themselves up and two mon's that are like venusaur - ones that can hinder their opponent somehow with sleep powder, yawn, leech seed, thunder wave, or something like that that can give the sweeper more time to build itself up.

In some fights though, building up sweepers just won't work and I'm best off just winning as quickly as possible. Fortunately, that's not most of them because my usual team isn't any good at that. 

For my fifth and sixth, I'll have some combination of baton-passers, revenge killers, or entry-hazard setters.  I don't find spikes or stealth rock too useful...but I love toxic spikes and sticky web. My main team consists of the following so far, with replacements here and there depending on what I find and what opponents I'm up against:

Lonely (Cofigrigus) with hex, protect, toxic spikes, and will-o-wisp. Hex doubles the power of attacks on enemies with status afflictions. It usually makes a good starter. Between will-o-wisp and toxic spikes it gets status afflictions on about everything. Protect increases the damage from toxic spikes by making things take longer. It'll usually knock out a couple opponents and leave behind toxic spikes set down, and sometimes a burned mon before it goes. It's definitely a good physical tank, and burns from will-o-whisp can render physical attackers not-too problematic, so It'll sometimes give me the chance to switch into a self-buffing sweeper. I had to breed toxic spikes into it.

Void (Venusaur) with leech seed, sleep powder, nature power, and synthesis. It has the item black sludge (you can find them fairly early). This is almost always my starter. I mostly just use it for using sleep powder and leech seed, then switching out into some kind of self-buffing sweeper. 

Abomination (shuckle) with knock off, power split, guard split, and struggle bug. In a few more levels I'll be able to replace struggle bug with sticky web. Once that happens it'll be more useful in single battles. Right now, it's mostly only useful for double battles. Its first move is usually power split, which averages your attack and special attack with that of the opponent. Shuckle's extremely low attack and special attack means the move basically halves the attack and special attack of the opponent until they switch out. After that, in double battles, I can use guard split on my other mon in play, averaging its and shuckle's defenses, decreasing shuckle's defenses but increasing it's partner's defenses by a lot. I'll then either switch out or use knock off or struggle bug on opponents until shuckle faints. I had to breed knock off into it.

Saturn (claydol) with cosmic power, power split, extrasensory and earth power. Right now it's my best sweeper. Power split results in its low special attack seldom being much of a problem. They'll usually haver at least one mega evolution or other strong special attacker I can use that on to boost its special attack to something worthwhile. 

Lorn (swalot) with stockpile, yawn, acid, and sludge bomb. It has the item black sludge. Yawn can make it useful early for putting opponents to sleep so that it, or another sweeper, can build itself up. Stockpile lets it become something of a sweeper. Acid reduces special defense and sludge bomb deals pretty good amount of damage after an acid or two. 

Witch (vespiquen) with fury cutter, defend order, heal order, and substitute. It has the item metrenome. It's only useful for double battles, but it's very useful in double battles that don't involve many mon's with moves its weak against. I'll partner it with something with sleep powder or yawn and start using defend orders until all possible have been used. Then I'll use substitute and start using fury cutter. Fury cutter increases in power each time you us it consecutively. Metrenome also increases the power of moves used consecutively.  There's a limit, but it's a pretty high limit. Its partner can either use a move to put an opponent to sleep, or I can use their turn to use a healing item on vespiquen so it doesn't have to stop using fury cutter. After it gets going it can one-shot most things, but it takes a long time to get going.

I just got the fifth badge. I use up a LOT of healing items and often don't win an important battle on the first try.  Cain's nidoking tends to one-shot most of my carefully crafted team after one nasty plot. I dread meeting something that actually has impressive special attack and nasty plot. 

This game is not a Pokemon game. Pokémon games are carefree children's games that you play when you want to just turn your brain off and do something with all the mental challenge of watching a butterfly flitter about for a couple hours. This is more like a game of chess specifically designed for masochists who want the additional challenge of their pieces randomly bursting into flames. 

If anyone wants to waste a huge chunk of their life on a goal with all the likelihood of success of a penguin flapping its wings fast enough to fly...try playing Memeborn without healing items, except for held items. No full heals or potions or anything like that. I want to see how well you do. Please stop if you begin to tear your hair out...seriously. I want to see how far you get before reaching that point. I bet you'll beat the first two gyms...and then you'll be about at the tearing your hair out point. 

Edited by Rorroto

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/17/2019 at 6:36 AM, Dragonslayer7500 said:

It means in the starter room if you do something you can find hidden rooms that have a different pokemon other then the starters

Interesting suggestion. But which one will we put in?

maybe some pokemon to help the monotype player like ice and rock, though in this mod they can be find pretty early ingame

oh and OP is there a hardest mono type for this mod?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

gg Finally beat this after taking a few months break because of  fiore gauntlet. Completed using Demice's rule set on a mono normal run.  I used a lot of cheese during the endgame and doing so realized Demice is a lord for beating this with ice types. Thank for the hard mod and shoutouts to Z-eevee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can anybody help me properly extract this game? The version I downloaded form the Mediafire link threw up the "The archive is either in an unknown format or damaged" error when I tried to extract. I get the same error for the Patch too. 

Apologies if this is considered a spam or has been addressed before as I can't seem to find the resolution for this.

EDIT: I am using WinRAR by the way.

• 4 weeks later...

So does shieldon actually exist in seacrest gardens? I spent 3 hours in the grass there and saw nothing. I really wanted one too. However early game snorunt and grubbin is pretty nice. Swept julia with chargabug and grovyle.  I'm liking the improved challenge and new strats deployed in this.

23 hours ago, CainReborn said:

So does shieldon actually exist in seacrest gardens? I spent 3 hours in the grass there and saw nothing. I really wanted one too. However early game snorunt and grubbin is pretty nice. Swept julia with chargabug and grovyle.  I'm liking the improved challenge and new strats deployed in this.

If I remember correctly Shieldon is found via Headbutt in Seacrest's Garden.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...