Wow I'm an Idiot. End of Episode 8 w/ notes!

Hideyoshi

Team as of now:

Serperior (Hideyoshi)
Lv. 49 // Contrary // Mild
Brightpowder
~Leaf Blade
~Coil
~Giga Drain
~Leech Seed

Note: Hideyoshi did a lot of work during most of the major fights. MVP during Shade's Gym Battle when I set up +6 Coil on his Rotom and swept through his whole team with Leaf Blade after getting my shit rocked by his Chandelure. Leech Seed proved so vital in so many of the major fights to gradually gain HP back each turn as well as dealing passive damage each turn. Despite the terrible mono-attacks on it atm, the speed, natural defensive bulk, and Leech Seed proved vital to my team. Aya annihilated me more times than I can count though so during that point, I decided to buy Brightpowders for my WHOLE team.

Gallade (Reaper) original name, I know~
Lv. 48 // Steadfast // Naughty
Brightpowder
~Swords Dance
~Psycho Cut
~Night Slash
~Double Team

Note: OH MY GOD... I scavenged like a mad person to see if Dawn Stone was able to be mined in the game and after conflicting answers and long hours of finding duds... I gave up and decided to just level my Kirlia through, even through Aya's gym battle in which Reaper was the MVP utilizing the power of luck, potions, and resets! I did not know how to obtain the Dawn Stone at the time and thought Aya must be beaten first to find it in the Byxbysion Wasteland. At the time, Reaper was a Kirlia and since Aya's Sludge Waves, Icy Wind's and insanely bulky Pokemon... with myself only having 4 functional Pokemon at the time, I knew hax was the only way to beat her. After multiple resets, I managed to set up to +6 Double Team with Brightpowder and +6 Calm Mind and annihilate her whole team with Psychic and 2HKO the Drapion with Magical Leaf. All of my reliefs when I finally got the Dawn Stone to evolve him into the physical powerhouse he is now! Heart Scales, I <3 you.

Staraptor (Tempest)
Lv. 48 // Intimidate // Lonely
Brightpowder
~Aerial Ace
~Take Down
~Quick Attack
~Close Combat

Note: After hours of tinkering with time without knowledge of weather forecasts on the T.V. I noticed Hoppip floating around Obsidia and immediately went to the Rooftop Garden and there was the beautiful beast of a Starly. Tempest immediately became one of my main forces for damage, plowing through Shelly's team after multiple resets due to bullcrap Volbeat hax in which getting hit with Confuse Ray somehow was like a 100% chance to hit yourself. Tempest also put in much work against Serra, being able to one shot Abomasnow with Close Combat and heavily dent the Walrein, soaking up most of the EXP in that fight. However, I really want that Brave Bird so I cant start destroying or seriously denting things instead of using Aerial Ace to 3HKO most things, but overall, I find Tempest an absolute asset to my team ^-^

Arcanine (Blaster)
Lv. 49 // Intimidate // Adamant
Brightpowder
~Heat Wave
~Flare Blitz
~Outrage
~Crunch

Note: Before rescuing all of the police, a Lv. 30 Vulpix was on my team, but after receiving the Lv. 20 Growlithe from the Police Department, I needed a strong, physical attacker at the time and knew this Growlithe would go a long way and owed to the fact that he is one of my more favorite Fire-types in the game. Boy was I glad to bench my Vulpix in favor of Blaster! From the get-go he was easy to grind in Jasper Ward due to Flame Wheel, however, I had to hold back in evolving Blaster until Lv. 45 to obtain Flare Blitz so during the battle with Shade, he was more of a liability than asset due to low base stats. However, as soon as Blaster reached Lv. 45 and evolved into an Arcanine... whew... one shot every Pokemon Serra had with Flare Blitz and I literally only had 5 usable Pokemon at the fight (one of them being an under leveled Gengar) along with my HM Slave who took the sixth slot in my party. Due to Blaster's decent bulk and Intimidate, he is easily able to weather relatively strong hits and strike back with hard-hitting physical attacks. Agh, I really need to find another Heart Scale though to get Extremespeed...

Gengar (Spectral)
Lv. 45 // Levitate // Docile :c
Brightpowder
~Hypnosis
~Confuse Ray
~Shadow Ball
~Dark Pulse

Note: MY god... getting this thing is ridiculous. Those kicks... those punches... the pain... the agony... yeah I was not going to redo that for a better nature so I closed my eyes and prayed I at least did not get a minus speed or minus sp. atk nature and to my delight/disappointment... it was a neutral nature. It's... alright since this is only in-game, but this game is incredibly challenging, but you know what? I won't complain. Spectral leveled up insanely fast with its unnaturally high special attack and speed, one-shooting most Pokemon in the wild. Despite Spectral being a new addition after the defeat of Aya, he proved absolutely game-changing against Serra through Hypnosis and Confuse Ray, utilizing the almighty power of hax to conquer the Hax MILF herself :). I needed a very powerful and speedy special attacker and the Gastly instantly filled that void in my party.

Vaporeon (Mystearica)
Lv. 5 // Hydration // Calm
Brightpowder
~Helping Hand
~Tackle
~Sand Attack
~Tail Whip

Note: I feel like such an idiot. I thought Serra had to be beaten to get to the Eevee and so against Serra I literally only had 5 Pokemon to be of use. Even worse now, I had not realized my Vaporeon got its stupid Dream World ability as opposed to Water Absorb!!! ARRRGHHHH >:[ Wow I'm an idiot... T^T After the hardships it took to get to that Eevee, I screw it up :[ Oh well... I must move on... and grind it to become the bulky water my team needed :] It even got the Calm nature for the job too! Sigh... I really wish I knew that getting the Dream World ability was random as opposed to if the pre-evo had the normal ability, that it would evolve into having its normal Water Absorb ability...

Final Thoughts: Screw you Florinia, Shade's Chandelure, and Aya.

Thanks for reading my post (fully), if you did, as well as your time, and please let me know what you guys think~

Edited by Hideyoshi

Three thingies.

1. Glad you're enjoying the game :D

2. so many brightpowder @.@

3. How does Coil work with contrary since it'd make defense/accuracy/attack negative?

1. Yes, this game is the best Pokemon game I have played by far.

2. Brightpowder... due to lack of better items currently in the game, I find this the best item... and my savior against Aya when I tried to set up +6 Double Team and Calm Mind on my Kirlia. Haven't looked back since lol

3. Contrary isn't programmed correctly yet :[ so I'll be using Coil until it gets implemented and until way later in the Episodes once Serperior can learn Leaf Storm. Also, I'm hoping a move tutor will be implemented here. Dragon Pulse on Serperior would be so helpful... especially since Hidden Power is not a TM and is extremely unreliable in a game like this where you do not know of your Pokemon's IV's

Edited by Hideyoshi

I second the screw you @ Shade's Chandelure, that thing is a MENACE. I realllllllly want a Chandelure now though.

Glad you're having fun!

Too much fun ~w~

and omg yes, I was unprepared to receive the utter destruction his Chandelure would do to my Serperior, Staraptor, Growlithe, and Kirlia x-x

• Administrators

You mentioned something about evolving and abilities changing? Is that only for stone evolutions?

Yep. ... At least, I think so. The only way an ability will change through normal evolution is if the resulting Pokemon has a different ability in that respective "slot."

Let me tell you a story about how my Togepi from Pokemon XD (you know, the one with Tri-Attack) evolved into Togekiss with a Shiny Stone and how its ability changed from Serene Grace to Hustle without me noticing.

I was furious.

The end.

I love Vaporeon :]

You mentioned something about evolving and abilities changing? Is that only for stone evolutions?

I honestly do not know. The Eevee I got had Run Away which is one of its "normal" abilities. So I thought that if I used Water Stone, it would evolve into Vaporeon that would have its "normal" ability of Water Absorb. To my terror when I saved, I checked my ability AFTERWARDS and saw the horrid Hydration ability. I was not pleased :C

I honestly do not know. The Eevee I got had Run Away which is one of its "normal" abilities. So I thought that if I used Water Stone, it would evolve into Vaporeon that would have its "normal" ability of Water Absorb. To my terror when I saved, I checked my ability AFTERWARDS and saw the horrid Hydration ability. I was not pleased :C

Every ability is either a 'First' 'Second' or 'Hidden' Ability. When your Pokemon evolve, the evolved Pokmeon take the ability in the same slot.

• Administrators

Hydration isn't in the same slot, because Eevee has three abilities, while Vaporeon only gets two.

But that said I do find it strange it would go to Hydration.

(Although, Hydration is like one of the best abilities competitively, js)

Hydration isn't in the same slot, because Eevee has three abilities, while Vaporeon only gets two.

But that said I do find it strange it would go to Hydration.

(Although, Hydration is like one of the best abilities competitively, js)

In a Rain Team, sure. but even Rest Hydration Vappy can't deal with physical threats that are able to 2hko it. Would much prefer Water Absorb just for that on-switch Water immunity and HP restoration on a good prediction. Even though Wish is made available, can't really Wish if you got withered down pretty low :P (and even then I never see Rest Hydration Vappy in competitive play much owo)

but yeah, the ONE time Hydration actually helped me in game was when I was training it in Byxbysion and a Sludge Bomb poisoned me while it was raining... needless to say, I didn't have to go back to the Pokemon Center to heal up

Edited by Hideyoshi

• Administrators

((I might be slightly biased because my entire competitive team is based around Hydration Vaporeon and it's like of my favorite Pokemon so yeah >>))

My suspicion is that

Adaptability > Always Water Absorb

Anticipation > Always Hydration

Run Away > Doesn't have a corresponding slot therefore it picks one randomly?

Of course, I have no way to confirm this. And honestly, of any of them, run away should have been the 'always water absorb' slot, so idk.

Guest 7highstraight

Holy crap! And you think you're an idiot, Hideyoshi! I evolved my Growlith to early! This might actually be worth restarting over, I could really use Flare Blitz...

Holy crap! And you think you're an idiot, Hideyoshi! I evolved my Growlith to early! This might actually be worth restarting over, I could really use Flare Blitz...

The idiot part for me was mainly attributed to the Vaporeon ability fail :[, but ooh, how early did you evolve it?

Hey,

I just got my Eevee here (oh god that railcave, to access it and to find the last room...!), and I didn't manage to get the Dream World ability (seems like it's bugged with wild and bred pokemon with 3 abilities ). So I sticked with Run Away and pretty insane IV. Since I had read this post beforehand, I was hoping I could choose between the DW or the normal ability on my Leafeon.

But I can only get the normal ability (aka Leaf Guard) and can't get Chlorophyll, as normally expected. I'm leveling up Eevee either with a rare candy or an encounter but it always leads to Leaf Guard. So maybe there is something up with evolution stones. You should give it a second chance though if you have minable rocks left and want a non-dream world Vaporeon.

I'm currently building a sun team (with drought ninetales), so I think i'll evolve my Eevee into a sunny day (when we get the TM) Umbreon and breed a dream world Eevee (=> Leafeon with Chloro) later when the issue will be solved.

Edited by Soysauce

Nah, it is not worth the effort for me right now. :P I guess I don't have to mind having my Vaporeon with Hydration since it is Calm nature and it is an in-game team.

Will later on try for a Rain Team once Drizzletoad is in here. Too lazy to see if we can actually get a Poliwag lol