Pokemon Evolution Theories.

Aizen805

Hey guys, I'm just curious what pokemon you all think deserve an evolution in the a later generation. Obviously stick to pokemon that can still evolve and if you want to specify what new type it will get, if it's a single type of course, feel free too. If you want also give a means of evolution (Stone/Level/Happiness). Also please stay within the realm of possibilty and give a description as to how the pokemon could possibly be in a future generation. I'm curious to see what creative pokemon evolutions you guys can come up with. I'll start.

Arbok

tumblr_liswm73Mxt1qa5ejvo1_500.jpg

This guy only has a base stat total of like 438, so it's definitely capable of evolving to something with at least a 500 base stat total. I kinda hope it'll evolve into a poison/fire type or even a poison/ghost type like Gengar. It could evolve by leveling up in a specific area that's hot, much like Leafeon, Glaceon and Magneton do to their respective types or by using a dusk stone. My only real concern is how the fuck they'll stick to the naming and find some species of snake that can be read as a somewhat legible word when said backwards.

Edited by Aizen805

I always thought Pinsir and Jynx were a bit left out, seeing as how their counterparts got evolutions (though Jynx did get a baby like the others) but they were left untouched. I can't really imagine what Jynx would evolve into, but Jynx itself is definitely not overpowered in terms of stats or usability at the moment. It might even become a ghost/ice typing or something. Pinsir is pretty much the same when it comes to stats and movesets-- very underwhelming. At least compared to its brother's evolution, Scizor. If Pinsir got a cool evolution that was actually viable, that would be awesome.

In reality, though, I doubt they will touch anything from Gen 1. I would like to think that they do major evolution line upgrades every other Gen-- Gen 2 had a bunch of baby Pokemon and some evolutions from Gen 1, and Gen 4 added a good helping of evolutions and babies from all the previous Gens-- but for some reason I am not seeing it in Gen 6. They did literally nothing to any previous Pokemon in Gen 5, and unless the Kalos region is somehow an extension of Unova (which is geographically impossible) I don't see them building off of Gen 5 Pokemon there, either. I think Gen 1-4 were all based on Japan or areas close to it in Asia, so it sort of made sense for some evolutions to be linked I guess. I'm not sure if GameFreak actually cares about that stuff, but that's how it breaks down in my head.

I think if any Pokemon are getting new evolutions, it will be from Gen 3 and onward. I could see them sprinkling in a few more baby Pokemon here and there, like for Onix or Lickitung or whatever, just probably no evolutions. I would love for GameFreak to surprise me, though.

That was a really long post, sorry D:

While I never thought of it that way, I do see two issues with thinking they mightn't do anything with older Pokemon because the regions are separate.

The first being they are a business and any good business tries to make their product make as many people as happy as possible. Many want pre/evolutions, so as a business they'd be remiss to not do so (a second time in a row at least).

The second, coming at it from a story and environmental point of view, many animals have been introduced to new areas (intentionally or not) and can and will change the environment, and be changed to suit the environment as natural selection is wont to do. So they can be easily explained as simply, for all intents and purposes, forcing a change to the Pokemon by changing it's environment.

As for me, two on my top ten list (minus babies) would be:

1.) Machoke alternate evo. Obtained by removing the Power Saver belt that locks in it's power. If something looking like Machamp results from his contained power it'd be interesting to see what an unleashed (er... unbelted) form would look like. Though it would probably end up with some sort of draw back like Slaking and Regigigas to rein in it's overall battle power.

2.) An evolution for Starmie (Starus). Not so sure about the how, but it does have that core in it. It's core somehow becoming denser and starting nuclear fusion within it making it a Water/Fire-Type and dropping some speed to gain other stats makes sense to me.

The latter actually makes more sense where I'm taking it from though. In my obsession over the years I've got information for story/Pokemon/"bad guys"/base stats/moves etc. for 3 regions. Starus is actually one of those few in my first region, but to explain how it makes sense would require recapping most of the story and make this post about 2 pages long for the abridged version and since they don't have the capabilities in the real game as in my stories - at the moment at least anyway - explaining it wouldn't even really help.

Regardless, that basis is one I'd love to see, no matter how it came about.

While I never thought of it that way, I do see two issues with thinking they mightn't do anything with older Pokemon because the regions are separate.

The first being they are a business and any good business tries to make their product make as many people as happy as possible. Many want pre/evolutions, so as a business they'd be remiss to not do so (a second time in a row at least).

The second, coming at it from a story and environmental point of view, many animals have been introduced to new areas (intentionally or not) and can and will change the environment, and be changed to suit the environment as natural selection is wont to do. So they can be easily explained as simply, for all intents and purposes, forcing a change to the Pokemon by changing it's environment.

I was actually talking just about the connection between Gen 5 and 6. Remember back in GSC, when you were just starting out, but you saw familiar faces such as Pidgey and Rattata and Spearow? It felt like Johto and Kanto were linked (because they were...) and thus we got a sort of mixing of the Pokemon in both regions. Gen 5, however, felt like a completely fresh start, and seemed to be more of a stand-alone game than the others. It was the first time you couldn't throw out your rod and find a Magikarp to train. Since BW were the first games like that (no previous gen Pokes), and also the first games in a region based outside of Asia, my mind put two and two together.

So yeah, I don't think Gen 5 and 6 will be intermingled like Gen 1 and 2 were. As to whether they will make any new evolutions/babies at all, I am still somewhat doubtful, though it is plausible. I do recall seeing a statue of Roselia in one of the XY trailers, so who knows. I just feel they are going in the same sort of direction as BW/B2W2-- the first games completely stand-alone, and the sequel containing more Pokes from other regions to appeal to fans. We will certainly see, though... I would love to be wrong.

Edit- actually, forget what I said about Gen 6 being stand-alone, I forgot about Sylveon. Idek anymore.

Edited by Desper

1.) Machoke alternate evo. Obtained by removing the Power Saver belt that locks in it's power. If something looking like Machamp results from his contained power it'd be interesting to see what an unleashed (er... unbelted) form would look like. Though it would probably end up with some sort of draw back like Slaking and Regigigas to rein in it's overall battle power.

2.) An evolution for Starmie (Starus). Not so sure about the how, but it does have that core in it. It's core somehow becoming denser and starting nuclear fusion within it making it a Water/Fire-Type and dropping some speed to gain other stats makes sense to me.

The Machoke one is really interesting and I have to agree that I'd like to see that. I do have a disagreement with Starmie's evolution though unless it was similar to Scyther and Scizors evolutionary line, where the stats are just dispersed differently. Starmie has a base stat of 520, making it a pretty remarkable pokemon on it's own, but I think if it could have a stat displacement upon evolution it could be possible.

Edit- actually, forget what I said about Gen 6 being stand-alone, I forgot about Sylveon. Idek anymore.

Pokemon in itself is just confusing sometimes, but going off of a youtuber named JWittz he has a lot of valid points pertaining to why generations such as the 4th have a lot of evolutions and preevolutions of older pokemon. According to his theory it's based off of the professers line of study during the generation. (Example. Gen 2 was breeding cuz Professer Elm was learning about pokemon breeding and how Generation 4's Professor Rowan was studying pokemon evolutions.) I also have a strong feeling that pokemon generations will continue to be intermixed with the older pokemon because even though it wasn't seen in pokemon white and black, (Mildly disappointed about that by the way.) it was seen in some of the videos and screenshots of Pokemon X and Y where Charizard and a hoard of wild Axew can be seen. I'm sure at least a few older pokemon will recieve evolutions.

It would be cool to see Zangoose and Seviper get an evolution. Also, Chatot would be interesting. I feel like Plusle and Minun could get one too.

Chatot needs an evolution. The thing is fucking adorable. *Fangirl Swoons.*

I honestly think there might be a 4th evolution one day. We've all seen the generic level up from a stand point of Weedle-Kakuna-Beedrill. The stand type of the three staged evolution. But what if there is a pokemon that can do much more in a 4th evolution? Just a thought. :P

Also a pokemon that I would think that needs to have an evolution would be Unown. Unown is....Okay. Let's face it. It's worst than Magikarp and Sunkern. But, I always felt that there must be some type of ultra ancient power that happens when all of the Unknowns connect. Some, ultra psychic pokemon that's legendary. I got that connection for when some of the Unowns formed together during Pokemon 3: The Movie. It always felt that in game just one unknown makes Sunkern laugh in embarrassment but together, there is just some type of power we don't know yet.

...And for some filler for pokemon that desperately need an evolution boost: Corsola, Delibird, Tauros, and one of Johto Bug type pokemon. The weak ones like Ledian and Ariados.

Edited by Cowtao

Also a pokemon that I would think that needs to have an evolution would be Unown. Unown is....Okay. Let's face it. It's worst than Magikarp and Sunkern. But, I always felt that there must be some type of ultra ancient power that happens when all of the Unknowns connect. Some, ultra psychic pokemon that's legendary. I got that connection for when some of the Unowns formed together during Pokemon 3: The Movie. It always felt that in game just one unknown makes Sunkern laugh in embarrassment but together, there is just some type of power we don't know yet.

It's interesting you mention that. Yes unown are only used for story or special events, but I do think that they will eventually do something with them. I mean if you look at almost everyplace they have appeared, whether it was in a game or in a movie, they all converged to one area. I don't think they will get an evolution, but I do think that they will eventually unlock or even form a new pokemon, much like the 3 Regi's formed Regigigas. That would be interesting.

I really want Magcargo to evolve. With a Base Stat of 410, there's definitely room for improvement. Maybe a Snall with a Mini Volcano on it's back, with two heads. But yea, Magcargo as it is isn't very useful, and since it's such a cool Concept, I'd like it to be improved upon.

I actually have put thought into this prior to this topic...

Here are the top ideas I got...

Arbok evo:

I thought it would be cool if Arbok evolved into a creature based off of the demon snake, Samael.

Samael is often depicted with Wings... so it would be cool to have a new bulky flyer

Weezing Evo:

I came up with the name Cho'King

Thought it would be cool if Weezing was bulkier and more intimidating...

Farfetch'd Evo:

Turns into a samurai bird that is flying/fighting

Sableye evo:

Looks more menaceing and trolling...

It could have better defences and move pool...

Sableye is based off of a Goblin that tortured Miners... so I am sure something cool and creative could be done...

Mawhile Evo:

Please... make this thing good...

Since it hase sheer force turn it into a bulky brawler mayhaps

I always imagined this thing riding on top of a large monster that grew from the back of it's head

As a fan, I gotta say I'd love to see torkoal get an evolution. Just imagine eviolite torkoal. Maybe it could be like yanmega and tangrowth, requiring it to learn ancient power to evolve (pretty old class of reptiles after all- *points to Carracosta) or perhaps it could evolve when it learns shell smash. A stat increase/redistribution based on a shell smash-triggered evolution would be interesting.

And maybe not an alternate evolution for Machamp, but rather an alternate form if you use a special item to remove its power save belt.

I know it seems like a bit odd hows about an Absol evolution called like:

Absolution - type Dark/Flying

Absol time spent detecting the problems has now lost its shell of doubt as it now fights to save everything from the evil that plagues other pokemon he is now a true defender of justice for pokemon and human alike. Absolution has wings sprouted from its body like that of an angel and its said its feather are said to have healing properties.

Absolution is now about the size of a large lion it still has its signature head fin but it tail has been extended a lot like a lash revealing that Absols original tail was the start of some odd kind of Halberd.

I actually have put thought into this prior to this topic...

Here are the top ideas I got...

Arbok evo:

I thought it would be cool if Arbok evolved into a creature based off of the demon snake, Samael.

Samael is often depicted with Wings... so it would be cool to have a new bulky flyer

Weezing Evo:

I came up with the name Cho'King

Thought it would be cool if Weezing was bulkier and more intimidating...

Farfetch'd Evo:

Turns into a samurai bird that is flying/fighting

Sableye evo:

Looks more menaceing and trolling...

It could have better defences and move pool...

Sableye is based off of a Goblin that tortured Miners... so I am sure something cool and creative could be done...

Mawhile Evo:

Please... make this thing good...

Since it hase sheer force turn it into a bulky brawler mayhaps

I always imagined this thing riding on top of a large monster that grew from the back of it's head

You know i've heard in rumors that Sableye and Mawile will be getting evolutions in the 6th generation, but it's just rumors and speculation.

Regarding the Seviper and Zangoose evolutions I really could see that being in the realm of possibility.

Like Seviper's evolution could be based on a Black-mamba,Bushmaster,or Rhino-viper

(many types of snakes it could be based on,and Arbok could benefit from them as well) the typing I could see being something like Poison/Dark.

For Zangoose I could see it's evolution having a bit darker fur, maybe even some kind of chitinous armor(something like sandshrew's shell)

always it could have 3 claws instead of 2, But having either 2 or 3 claws would be up to the design.And it's typing could be something like Normal/Fighting or something similar so it still would be a rival to Seviper's evolution

I always felt like Luvdisc should evolve into Alomomola and Alomomola should have another evolution. They're both heart shaped and they also have similar coloration. The evolution could be a bigger heart fish Pokemon or have a split (Politoed, Bellosom) and become a broken heart.

I think Masquerain should get an evo. Masquerain only has 414 BST, plus Surskit is the only bug/water type so far, so there's also design potential already there. Masquerain's movepool is also pretty unique for a bug-type because of Surskit's breeding group as well.

Oh and Serene Grace Dunsparce Evo. Nintendo pls.

Edited by Fezzdog

• 4 months later...

Hmmm. I can only really say...

FREAKING ARIADOS AND LEDIAN. Seriously. D:

I can see them as like, idk

Ariados being Arachnesso (snake/spider morph, so bug/poison)

and then Ledian being Ledistar (Im not creative with names, but I can imagine it being Bug/Fairy, imagine that :P)