How to speed up Reborn

Thirdbird

Hello everyone,

I recently found a way to make Reborn go faster. It creates an effect sort of like the VBA emulator where you hold down the spacebar button, and you go really fast. Anyway, you only need one program. Just download Cheat Engine (any version works fine) from cheatengine.org. Don't worry, it doesn't have any viruses, so your computer won't crash :)

1) After you download cheat engine, you can skip the tutorial. Be sure to have Reborn running simultaneously. This won't work unless you're playing Reborn.

2) Then, when you look at the program, you should see a computer with a magnifying glass in the top left hand corner under "File." Click that.

3) Next, find game.exe. It should have the same icon (pokeball) as reborn. Click on that and open it up.

4) Click on the box next to "Enable Speedhack"

5) Where it says "speed," replace 1.0 with any value you want. I haven't tried any speed faster than 4.0, so be sure to save your game and proceed at your own risk.

Notes:

- The battles will speed up considerably when you have the speedhack enabled.

- DO NOT CLOSE CHEAT ENGINE after you change the game's speed. You have to run them at the same time. This also means that you have to pull up cheat engine everytime you want to play Reborn faster. Yes, I know it's a pain, but I couldn't find another way around it.

- When you run OUTSIDE, there will be some initial lag (meaning you run at normal speed), but you will gradually speed up. However, there is no lag when you run inside small buildings.

Hope you guys liked this tutorial :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

I may give this a try and see just how far we can push it.

Although I hear this thing can also give, for instance, infinite moneys, so I'm not sure how much I like endorsing this as a solution.

Still, I realise the speed is a problem compared to most games, and I do appreciate you sharing your solution with us.

I haven't tried any speed faster than 4.0, so be sure to save your game and proceed at your own risk.

I can confirm that 5 or more will occasionally crash your game after some things like earning 4,000 coins doing Voltorb Flip and power-leveling your Lucario from 17 to 40. So yeah, save the game often!

Really, all I can tell that it is good for is level grinding or if you have to get from one side of the city to the other.

I think the game storyline and regular battles are fine at the pace they are now.

Although battling can become a bit hazardous because the buttons sometimes flick around and you run instead of going in your bag.

I just wish that the fishing was like it was in the first 2 gen so I wouldnt have to slow it down to do the button mashing.

I do admit I've used it to do some serious level grinding. I don't really see it as cheating though, since it doesn't really give you an advantage in the game, just a time saver in real life.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably not. Then again, I only know how to do speedhack on Cheat Engine, and I have only used it for speed training purposes. I wouldn't recommend trying though. Something could go wrong (e.g. your game could crash).

I wouldn't even try to mess with the game like that. The speed hack alone sometimes crashes the game and with many other random bugs you'd be pushing your luck if you did any more hacks.

I wouldn't even try to mess with the game like that. The speed hack alone sometimes crashes the game and with many other random bugs you'd be pushing your luck if you did any more hacks.

Really? I haven't ever had my game crash due to the speed hack. The one time my game crashed was when I tried to hit the Aron pole,and that's just an error in Episode 9.