too much speed??? (vs Samson in Agate Circus)

Le Frey

really... i had my problems with other gym leaders (Shelly, Shade, Aya, Florinia and her Cradily) but in this moment Samson is the hardest for me for 2 reasons: HAWLUCHA and MIENSHAO (maybe Blaziken but i have some counters...)

seriously... how much speed i need to attack first and oneshoot (probably) Hawlucha and Mienshao?

if someone can help me with this? 

My actual team:

Spoiler

Infernape (Chimi) 70

Flare Blitz

Close Combat

Mach Punch

Shadow Claw

Meowstic (Perri) 56 (actually he's the bait... like the bidoff to use revive xD)

Flash

Quick Guard

Psychic

Psyshok

Gothitelle (Megami) 66

Psychic

Heal Block

Psychock

Future Sight

Galvantula (Jolts) 70 (actually my fastest Pokemon)

Bug Bite

Discharge

Bug Buzz

Sucker Punch

Swanna (Swanna) 68 (the only one who can oneshoot Hariyama)

Hail

Hurricane

Bubble Beam

Tailwind

Arcanine (Cherche) 69

Crunch

Fire Fang

Agility

Heat Wave

If Arcanine has Intimidate, you can switch it in a few times in order to lower their attack. Not sure if Hawlucha has a setup move (I think it has SD?) but Mienshao doesn't so that leaves one.

Rufflet and Mienfoo are both available on Route 2, the former is a flying-type who can learn Tailwind to nearly guarantee outspeeding anything for a few turns and the latter is faster than most of Samson's team and gets a field-boosted, super-effective Bounce through level up.

You could also try leveling up the Meowstic. It's not the strongest, but it's fairly fast and more super-effective damage is always welcome.

13 minutes ago, Le Frey said:

seriously... how much speed i need to attack first and oneshoot (probably) Hawlucha and Mienshao?

199 for Mienshao assuming it has a neutral nature and 252 speed evs. 

For Hawlucha...uh...much higher. Assuming a neutral nature and perfect speed evs it has a speed stat of...438.

Yeah...

That Unburden plus seed is some fucked up shit. 😛

If you can force it to switch out its speed drops to just 219.

Teach Nature Power to any of your physical attackers that can learn it. It becomes Acrobatics on the Big Top Arena and on said arena that move always does double damage. Plus the boost to fighting types.

Edited by wcv

16 minutes ago, Seel The Deal said:

If Arcanine has Intimidate, you can switch it in a few times in order to lower their attack. Not sure if Hawlucha has a setup move (I think it has SD?) but Mienshao doesn't so that leaves one.

Rufflet and Mienfoo are both available on Route 2, the former is a flying-type who can learn Tailwind to nearly guarantee outspeeding anything for a few turns and the latter is faster than most of Samson's team and gets a field-boosted, super-effective Bounce through level up.

You could also try leveling up the Meowstic. It's not the strongest, but it's fairly fast and more super-effective damage is always welcome.

well... about that... i've changed his ability for Cal xD

well, at least i have some capsules i've buyed in 7th street and Agate Circus xD

i know i can lvl up that poor thing... my lil Perry helped me in almost every gym (even if i don't have a Shadow Ball user)

and my Swanna have the Tailwind move but is a little bit risky due to Hariyama and Lucario... i can use the revive later but i want to solve the problem with Hawlucha and Mienshao

6 minutes ago, wcv said:

199 for Mienshao assuming it has a neutral nature and 252 speed evs. 

For Hawlucha...uh...much higher. Assuming a neutral nature and perfect speed evs it has a speed stat of...438.

Yeah...

That Unburden plus seed is some fucked up shit. 😛

If you can force it to switch out its speed drops to just 219.

Chetos... (a family made for Shit)

all right... that is hard to beat... a shame i've lost my focus sash to resist at least one hit of that mexican thing...

4 minutes ago, Swampellow said:

I would mainly suggest leveling up all of your pokemon as well, as most of them are well below the cap.

yeah... well, thanks to the lucky egg from Arclight grinding in Agate is a little bit easier xD

is my own lazyness who stop me from grinding...

and my java and linux test...

f*ck...

sorry if is a double post
the time the other was posted this reached

Edited by Le Frey