Need some info on stuff in episode 18

Zander

Spoiler

Planning on doing some quests because they look interesting. Need some help with them and also other stuff.

1) A woman in Agate city wants to hack a PC and asks us to go to a meteor base. That is devon corp. But I don't even understand the rules of the puzzle. Every line should add up to 15? Or only the center line? And is there a machine that checks the answer or what? This is confusing. (This is for TM Thunderbolt right?)

2) I want to do get all the starter pokemon for eggs. The starters I need are Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Tododile, Torchic, Turtwig, Chimchar, Snivy, Chespin, Rowlet, Litten and Poplio. Where do i find them?

3) Sandy who is the nature activist person wants to meet at the central water grid of obsidia. Where is this located?

4) A kid in Agate city takes you to his basement and asks if it's scary. i said no and he went back to his room. There's nothing in the basement and it's pretty dark so what is supposed to be done there?

5) I need the TMs for Thunderbolt, Volt Switch, Thunder Wave, Ice Beam and Earthquake. Also need a Metagrossite. As far as I know Thunderbolt is the Agate city quest of computer hacking but what about others? Earthquake and Metagrossite isn't available I think but yeah. Also is Draco Meteor available for learning yet or not?

6) Anything else of importance that should be done as a side quest? Maybe something related to the story or some important item? Don't want Larvitar or Bagon so yeah. Completing the pokedex for Poipole sounds interesting but not really needed. I also have a froakie already. Any kind of items given in the pokedex quest that are important or cool apart from these?

That's all I know of so if anyone could help me with these then it would really help. Thanks.

• Global Mods
Spoiler

For the devon puzzle, every row, column and I think the diagonals of both 3x3 grids have to add to 15 (It's known as a 'magic square') and the Thunderbolt TM is one of about 5 pretty good rewards from it. the solution is checked automatically, it will be obvious when it's solved

from the pokedex completion milestones there's a couple mega stones, a Z crystal and the psyshock TM as well I believe.

Spoiler

1)
Each of the two parts of the puzzles' lines must add up to 15. That means horizontally, diagonally, and vertically. Make sure the two parts of the puzzle don't share the same numbers in the same position (the centre tile is exluded from that rule). Before attempting to solve the puzzle figure out some of the solutions. The puzzle checks itself so when it's solved you'll know it. TM Thunderbolt is just one of the rewards.

2)
Bulbasaur is a wild encounter in Azurine island but only if you've already renovated it.
Squirtle is an event pokemon found near a fountain in Byxbysion Grotto only when it's raining.
Totodile is an event pokemon in Ametrine Cave.
Torchic as an egg is a prize for a sidequest that begins south of calcenon in the small cave where you get the magmarizer and the electrizer (prepare for battle). Then it continues, in the dark basement in Agate (make sure to flash the room and remember the patterns on the floor), then it continues in calcenon gym etc (i will spoil no more, there is a guide on youtube for that quest)
Tutwig is a prize for completing a puzzle in Agate circus (you might need to redo the dive puzzle first)
Chimchar event is in Azurine island, talk to a certain NPC (night only)
Snivy is a very rare encounter in the section of route 4 that is only accesible with rock climb, and also i'm pretty sure ithas to be patches of grass that aren't snowy.
Chespin is an event pokemon. You have to speak to an npc in Lapis ward, encounter them again at night or early in the morning i think in 7th Street, get an oddishweed from aventurine woods, and give it to her.
Rowlet can be found as an egg in the top of Teknite Ridge (make sure you have a pokemon with tailwind with you to solve the puzzle)
Litten is an award for giving your gang members the right job applications, including the gang boss.
Poplio is an event pokemon. Use Dive behind the lighthouse in Coral Ward.

3) Water Treatment Center, south of Amaria's gym, down the waterfall
4) refer to torchic quest above
5) All these items are unavailable excluding TM thunderbolt (magic square quest), and the TM for thunder wave which I can't remeber where I got it from.
6) I strongly recommend the Pokedex quest, even if you don't intend to finish it right now. Poipole is the final reward, not the only one. For every 100 pokedex registries you have, there is a prize (among them are  z-crystals, mega-stones,TM). And you could very easily get to 500 pokedex entries in no time.
If you have difficulties you can check youtube, there are guides for most of these quests

Spoiler

To elaborate on the Magic Square puzzle:

Know what the first square is going to look like when you start, then rotate it 90 degrees to make sure that your numbers don't match the positions of numbers on the other side.

So for example if you wanted the first row to be:

249, then you rotate it ninety degrees, and the first COLUMN on the other square should be:

Edited by wcv

12 hours ago, Zander said:

Thanks guys so much for your help. And sorry for the spoilers.

Spoiler

Also it turns out TM thunder wave was in a small house at Route 4 after all. You'll need Waterfall, Blizzard and preferably Flash too