[Spoiler] E18 honest thoughts and Lore wise questions

Razoff

2 hours ago, Egzample said:
Spoiler

Alright, thx for the explanation, this means she didn't pull it completely out of her a*s, but I'm still not convinced if I like where it is going - this doesn't make her any less mixed Dialgia-Palkia-Giratina-Celebi-Arceus omnipotent smells-like-Mary-Sue character, thus making her this:

Spoiler

The thing is Lin hasn't actually demonstrated that much power. So far her big feats of power that I can think of. She has two points that she has demonstrated power at all. These being her apparent resurrecting herself after Titania stabbed her, which can easily be put down to her being some kind of duplicate, robot, or puppet rather than a real person as is often theorized. In such a case there is no particular reason to assume that damage to said puppet would do anything to her in the least. So even that can be less a point of power and more down to the nature of the body.

Second is the time thingy. Her she demonstrates actual power, but is it really that impressive? I've posited before that what she seems to have done was create a stable time loop. At some point that thing existed in the past, but it doesn't exist in the present. Since it doesn't exist in the present Lin grabbed it out of the past, thus being the cause of its removal in the first place. That demonstrates some kind of localized power over time, but we don't know how long she had to prepare for it. If she's been getting ready to do that this entire time its far, far less impressive.

Central point is, Lin has demonstrated very little in the way of overall power. Even her Pokemon's feats can be explained without much issue. Hydreigon survived Ninetail's Moonblast because Ninetails has a shit special attack stat, and Hydreigon had 252 EVs in every stat. Which means Ninetails could barely make a dent in it for instance. Honestly Lin seems mostly to get by on brute force because she's never needed anything else. Rather than a omnipotent Mary-Sue character she really seems like one who talks a lot bigger than they can back up.

34 minutes ago, wcv said:
  Hide contents

The thing is Lin hasn't actually demonstrated that much power. So far her big feats of power that I can think of. She has two points that she has demonstrated power at all. These being her apparent resurrecting herself after Titania stabbed her, which can easily be put down to her being some kind of duplicate, robot, or puppet rather than a real person as is often theorized. In such a case there is no particular reason to assume that damage to said puppet would do anything to her in the least. So even that can be less a point of power and more down to the nature of the body.

Second is the time thingy. Her she demonstrates actual power, but is it really that impressive? I've posited before that what she seems to have done was create a stable time loop. At some point that thing existed in the past, but it doesn't exist in the present. Since it doesn't exist in the present Lin grabbed it out of the past, thus being the cause of its removal in the first place. That demonstrates some kind of localized power over time, but we don't know how long she had to prepare for it. If she's been getting ready to do that this entire time its far, far less impressive.

Central point is, Lin has demonstrated very little in the way of overall power. Even her Pokemon's feats can be explained without much issue. Hydreigon survived Ninetail's Moonblast because Ninetails has a shit special attack stat, and Hydreigon had 252 EVs in every stat. Which means Ninetails could barely make a dent in it for instance. Honestly Lin seems mostly to get by on brute force because she's never needed anything else. Rather than a omnipotent Mary-Sue character she really seems like one who talks a lot bigger than they can back up.

Spoiler

I think you're forgetting the fact that she has very easily been able to push us aside without touching us, can withstand a blow from essentially the strongest man in Reborn without so much as flinching, and can summon Gardevoir back from the void and subsequently banish someone to the void.  That still feels like a lot to me.

Just now, Tacos said:
  Hide contents

I think you're forgetting the fact that she has very easily been able to push us aside without touching us, can withstand a blow from essentially the strongest man in Reborn without so much as flinching, and can summon Gardevoir back from the void and subsequently banish someone to the void.  That still feels like a lot to me.

Spoiler

I had forgotten the Void thing. But taking a blow from the region's strongest man, meh. Getting punched is not equivalent to getting stabbed. One of those is life-threatening, the other is getting punched. But okay then, two powers, both of which don't really back up her claims of godhood.

Spoiler

Well as for lin, I'm pretty sure that there is 2 lin as I said. One young lin who have the powers of a god that Sigmund may have encountered, and the old in that we always see, she is a robot created by Terra because in meteor no one  could befriended her, when Lin was there, Terra quickly rose in ranks and it is said by Taka in the desert that lin is narcoleptic, that means she probably run off energy. 

Edited by Nightzer
Grammar

I think Lin is no longer the Lin that was at doctor Connal's. My theory is that Giratina probably possesed Lin's body at some point, since she was already evil so maybe she even agreed to something like that, or was just more susceptible. That would kind of explain why Anna couldn't see her, her superhuman powers. and partly why she would infiltrate team meteor (something to do with using them to summon and get rid of Arceus probably)