Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Aya

nlymark

Question

well it took me about 50+ times to beat it but when I did beat her I used 2 muks and an arboc. But the best pokemon would be any ground types after you get rid of her tentacrule or some physic types. I'm not really sure because if you haven't found out yet, each gym leader knows how to cover their weaknesses. Regardless, good luck.

Well this is the team I used after 1 tactical restart to switch around my team, Crobat, Gardevoir, Gyarados, Infernape, Luxray, and Seismitoad.

The ones that'd work we'll would be Flygon/Vibrava, and Swampert from their typings and moves ground moves they learn in earlier evolutions.

I used Blissey and Minimized three times had it hold Bright Powder, The Special attacks that did make it through were absolutely worhtless. For an attack I taught in Charge Beam and Shadow Ball. Alongside that I used my Shiny Dusclops and burned everything, that way it'd die eventually. Hex also worked well with Dusclops.

I had a Gardevoir use Double Team 5 or 6 times, had it hold a Brightpowder, and used Calm Mind 5 or 6 times as well. During this incredibly lengthy setup, my Crobat was using Confuse Ray/Acrobatics to keep the others at bay, and I had my Donphan use Bulldoze (it kept missing Gardevoir) to take out Drapion. It required a lot of hax, but it worked for me :D

I'm told Magneton/zone do really well >>

Alakazam definitely saved me when I fought her but I was still 1-0 with Ala in red health x.x

This times a million. My Magneton basically swept her entire team; if you're lucky you'll get a couple SpAtk boosts from Charge Beam. I could barely get past her Muk and Tentacruel before I started using Magneton!

Well this is the team I used after 1 tactical restart to switch around my team, Crobat, Gardevoir, Gyarados, Infernape, Luxray, and Seismitoad.

The ones that'd work we'll would be Flygon/Vibrava, and Swampert from their typings and moves ground moves they learn in earlier evolutions.

I used Vibrava and found it to be nothing more than cannon fodder. It's typing is nice, but with such a low SpDf it only took a couple Sludge Waves or Muddy Waters etc. to take my Vibrava out. And if they crit you're probably gonna get OHKOd.

well i beat her with my zangoos, Gardevoir, Donphan, venasuar, magmar, and parchuisu, some how though it was mainly spaming super potions well my my venasaur used leech seed on her last three pokemon which was her nidoqueen Drapion an seviper i restated alot though i mean a lot

Ok, anyone got a decent build I can use for Aya? I've got Magnezone, Kadabra, Marowak (w/ Thick Bone), and Mawile confirmed for being effective in the line-up, but I need at least two others that are good for the battle, because I keep getting OHKO'ed by Muk's Giga Drain first round on anything that isn't Steel type.

EDIT: Also, I've got a Magmar with a Flame Plate in reserve, but that one was easily OHKO'ed by most of her pokemon.

Edited by NeoDarklight

if u are able to do it then try setting up with X items. i beat both Shade and Aya with them and even if they cost a bit of money it's worth it

Guard Spec makes the screen go black without using the item, save for the menu/textbox, and the second time, it says it wouldn't do anything.

EDIT: The other ones work properly, though.

Edited by NeoDarklight

I had a Gardevoir use Double Team 5 or 6 times, had it hold a Brightpowder, and used Calm Mind 5 or 6 times as well. During this incredibly lengthy setup, my Crobat was using Confuse Ray/Acrobatics to keep the others at bay, and I had my Donphan use Bulldoze (it kept missing Gardevoir) to take out Drapion. It required a lot of hax, but it worked for me :D

Nickaboo.... Great minds think alike.

Ok, anyone got a decent build I can use for Aya? I've got Magnezone, Kadabra, Marowak (w/ Thick Bone), and Mawile confirmed for being effective in the line-up, but I need at least two others that are good for the battle, because I keep getting OHKO'ed by Muk's Giga Drain first round on anything that isn't Steel type.

EDIT: Also, I've got a Magmar with a Flame Plate in reserve, but that one was easily OHKO'ed by most of her pokemon.

if magmar has sunny day use that first, and then fire punch muk, it will take about two hits so gang up on it before it uses minimize, and use magnazone spark or charge beam on tentacruel, then she'll probably use nidoqueen and ohko magnazone with an earth power. send in marowak for some bone clubs or bonemarangs on nidoqueen, evolve kadabra with a link stone being sold at the grand stairway, i am unsure if you can buy more than one but you may want to get a graveler or golem with smack down for use on gengar, once drapion and gengar are done with, sweep with a psychics, hope this helps!

Okay, now I have a Gallade and Gardevoir at lv 40 both (I did a LOT of grinding), and got my Donphan a Bulldoze. Also, my Kadabra is at level 43, and using the link stone doesn't change his stats for some reason. I did, however, buy like 20 common candies, so I can use those to lower his level first if necessary.

So what are my options now?

EDIT: It seems Kadabra DID have a stat boost after evolving to Alakazam. Just not as drastic as Kirlia into Gardevoir or Gallade.

EDIT 2: Gengar is a total ****.

Edited by NeoDarklight

I used these Pokemon and they were at these levels at the time:

blaziken 45(always good to KO one or two pokes regardless of type)

Golem 44, spammed magnitude

Marowak 37, *with thick club* spammed the boomerang attack

Toxicroak 40, good for switching into. Used mudshot a lot too

Houndoom 45,only used him for gengar foul play 1HKO

Drapion 40, meat shield