Help with Aya (closed)

Aquablade96

I have battled her four times now and normally I am a bellow the "don't obey lvl" so, i just get one or two lvl and that normally can solve it. (even though it still takes a lot of effort) But Aya wants to be different because I just can't get past her sense all but one of my team members or 45 (the other two are 43, 44) so it not like I can grind up and try again with higher lvls. Also the two team members that are good with dealing with her she either has a super effective move or I can not do much to kill them fast. 

Current Team 

Hellbat the shiny Noibat (lvl 43)

-Infiltrator with a atk+ sp. def-

-Air cutter

-Roost

-Bite

-Super fang

Redvine the shiny Skunktank (lvl 45)

-Keen eye with a spd+ sp.def-

-Night slash

-Belch (need to get rid of when I get a more reliable move)

-Flamethrower

-Toxic

Blazeflower the shiny Bellossom (lvl 45)

-Healer with a neutral nature

-holding Big Root

-Magical leaf

-Quiver dance

-Giga drain

-Sleep powder

Aquafin the Swampert (lvl 45)

-Damp with a neutral nature

-Muddy water

-Strength

-Rock slide

-Mud bomb

Voltaire the Galvantula (lvl 44)

-Swarm with a neutral nature

-Electroweb

-Signal beam

-Agility (keep it cause it works with elctro ball if I get a chance to use it)

-Electro ball

Sundae the Slurpuff (lvl 45)

-Unburden with a sp. atk+ def-

-Draining kiss

-Energy ball

-Fake tears

-Cotton guard

Well , you have 2 pokemons kinda useless against her ( bellossom and slurpuff ) so replace them ( just for this fight ). You should catch one or 2 steel mons such as magnemite in Shade Gym and klink on the railnet. Steel are very good against her.

You may also need a good psychic mon , you can try catching an inkay around Aya's gym ( idk if they are still there tho ). Or look at available mons list and choose a strong psychic one.

Another way to beat Aya would be by using Electric Terrain. The Mareep from Jasper Ward usually carries it, much like the Electrike from Obsidia. Once you change the terrain, any ground type with Earthquake (Golem, Piloswine etc.) would find it much easier to beat her poison types.

1 hour ago, Zarc said:

You may also need a good psychic mon , you can try catching an inkay around Aya's gym ( idk if they are still there tho ). Or look at available mons list and choose a strong psychic one.

Inkay from the headbutt tree is also a great pick. Although you could use it as a simple psychic type, it has some excellent utility via Topsy Turvy, which will change the field to Inverse Field. With the type chart reversed, your Bellossom and Slurpuff can actually beat Aya themselves.

You'll probably have to use Common Candies for Inkay to learn it, and it'll need to hold Amplified Rock, but this strategy requires the least changes to your team.

Ok sorry for the late response stepped away from the computer for a bit but I did take a pic from my boxes let me know if there is anyone I should add (I like to try to keep the team the same since I beat all of the up to Aya with this team but if need I will make subs )

Rebornshinys.PNG

Rebornbox1.PNG

Edited by Aquablade96
pic were not showing

I found fortress extremely good here, as you can spam spikes, and they shoot up at the enemies, and fortress has steel typing and immune to poison. You can find them at headbuttable trees in mr flower's garden or what he is called

Just now, Gurken said:

I found fortress extremely good here, as you can spam spikes, and they shoot up at the enemies, and fortress has steel typing and immune to poison. You can find them at headbuttable trees in mr flower's garden or what he is called

hmmm something to consider, Thanks. 

49 minutes ago, DevR said:

Another way to beat Aya would be by using Electric Terrain. The Mareep from Jasper Ward usually carries it, much like the Electrike from Obsidia. Once you change the terrain, any ground type with Earthquake (Golem, Piloswine etc.) would find it much easier to beat her poison types.

Inkay from the headbutt tree is also a great pick. Although you could use it as a simple psychic type, it has some excellent utility via Topsy Turvy, which will change the field to Inverse Field. With the type chart reversed, your Bellossom and Slurpuff can actually beat Aya themselves.

You'll probably have to use Common Candies for Inkay to learn it, and it'll need to hold Amplified Rock, but this strategy requires the least changes to your team.

I do like what you suggested but I don't know where do I get the Amplified rock, let along knowing that it even was a thing. Also how many common candies would I need? Can you buy them? 

11 minutes ago, Aquablade96 said:

I do like what you suggested but I don't know where do I get the Amplified rock, let along knowing that it even was a thing. Also how many common candies would I need? Can you buy them? 

I'm not sure Noibat the Hellbat would be very useful in this fight, as it is currently it would just be far too frail and as mentioned you got two mons that will do nothing in this fight other than being an easy kill. i would personally raise that Baltoy for this fight, evolves at lvl 36 (learns Earth Power level 37), can also learn explosion if ya feeling like that one, and has access to Sandstorm for slight chip damage on any of her pokemon not able to avoid it, if ya bring a rock type along it will benefit from a 50% sp def boost in the sandstorm which is always nice. Taking advantage of someone who can use spikes or stealth rock would help.

1 hour ago, Aquablade96 said:

Ok sorry for the late response stepped away from the computer for a bit but I did take a pic from my boxes let me know if there is anyone I should add (I like to try to keep the team the same since I beat all of the up to Aya with this team but if need I will make subs )

Rebornshinys.PNG

Rebornbox1.PNG

As Drakyle said, the baltoy is something to consider. That nidorina might be something else to consider as well. For your party, swap out noibat&Bellossom&Slurpuff for this fight. As others have said, inkay is good for this fight but also perhaps consider raising Mareep up if she still has that Tentacruel.

1 hour ago, Aquablade96 said:

Amplifield Rock is actually available in the cavern under the Grand Staircase (B2F). It can also be gotten through mining. For Inkay, depending on what level you find one in the wild, you'd need around 15-20 common candies. Those can be bought at the Obsidia Sweet Shop. 

Edit:  Ampharos + Claydol + Camerupt is another option, which would require you to replace Bellossom + Noibat + Slurpuff for this battle. You can lead with Ampharos and Claydol, since Aya sends out Toxapex & Nidoqueen at the start. Set Electric Terrain, after which you can spam Discharge (Ampharos) and Earth Power or Extrasensory (Claydol), with Camerupt coming in later to tackle threats like Salazzle and Venusaur. That'll probably be easier to do than getting Inkay + common candies, I guess.

for your own mental health's sake, do not use Noibat ever ever ever ever in important battles
it will just not do anything
tbh
any Pokemon with any random moves would be better
tbh
been there, done that
tbh

I'm far from an expert, but from what you have in your boxes, I'd say Swoobat, Camerupt, Nidoqueen, Claydol, maybe even Alola Sandslash? can do a great job.

Imo, you don't need to replace Noibat, this mon is pretty useless in this form (sorry) but you can evolve him on lvl 48 and then use common candies to make it back to lvl 45. The only purpose for it would be beating Venusaur though, as it don't have advantages against the other mons. Slurpuff and Belossom should be there only if want to set something first, but they don't have too much set up moves (Grassy terrain and Sleep powder for Belossom only) so I would go with others suggestions 😄

Edited by Trufa

Noibat does not need to be removed *permanently*, but before evolving there is no reason to ever take it into a gym or boss battle if you find yourself struggling.
put it away for the battle, take a Pokémon that can actually do something, then you can grab it right back afterwards.

on the other hand, you find higher and higher levelled Noibats in the wild throughout the game to the point you even encounter Noiverns.
imo it felt not worth at all "wasting" the XP in all previous episodes on Noibat x)

8 hours ago, DevR said:

Amplifield Rock is actually available in the cavern under the Grand Staircase (B2F). It can also be gotten through mining. For Inkay, depending on what level you find one in the wild, you'd need around 15-20 common candies. Those can be bought at the Obsidia Sweet Shop. 

Edit:  Ampharos + Claydol + Camerupt is another option, which would require you to replace Bellossom + Noibat + Slurpuff for this battle. You can lead with Ampharos and Claydol, since Aya sends out Toxapex & Nidoqueen at the start. Set Electric Terrain, after which you can spam Discharge (Ampharos) and Earth Power or Extrasensory (Claydol), with Camerupt coming in later to tackle threats like Salazzle and Venusaur. That'll probably be easier to do than getting Inkay + common candies, I guess.

I think I will try out the amp + clay + Cam and see if that works out, cause i don't think i want to get that many common candies just for one pokemon. 

7 hours ago, Trufa said:

Imo, you don't need to replace Noibat, this mon is pretty useless in this form (sorry) but you can evolve him on lvl 48 and then use common candies to make it back to lvl 45. The only purpose for it would be beating Venusaur though, as it don't have advantages against the other mons. Slurpuff and Belossom should be there only if want to set something first, but they don't have too much set up moves (Grassy terrain and Sleep powder for Belossom only) so I would go with others suggestions 😄

Dude its ok I have totally found out that Noibat is completely useless until it evolves and one of the reasons it on my team as a noibat is just cause he is shiny (before I knew that the shiny rate was sooo much high than the main series games)

On 7/17/2018 at 2:27 PM, CrossImpact said:

for your own mental health's sake, do not use Noibat ever ever ever ever in important battles
it will just not do anything
tbh
any Pokemon with any random moves would be better
tbh
been there, done that
tbh

I'm far from an expert, but from what you have in your boxes, I'd say Swoobat, Camerupt, Nidoqueen, Claydol, maybe even Alola Sandslash? can do a great job.

I did a dragon monorun, 6x noibat until mystery egg,  5x noibat + 1 axew until Serra. Good times 😓 Don't use noibat unless you have to

3 minutes ago, CrossImpact said:

Reveal hidden contents

I wanted to see if it was possible to do with the low amount of dragons in the start. It was extremely hard in the beginning, but after Serra it became easy due to the sheer power of the upgraded dragons.

To let you all know I did beat Aya after getting Ampharos and Swoobat it still was not a easy fight at but it was way more possible to win than my other attempts but, now I have to worry about how to deal with the ice type gym I just arrived at today cause I don't have a strong team members that counters Ice well looks like I get to do more grinding for more new team members