Quotes

Cyrus

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some quotes showing why Tony Abbott should not be prime minister of Australia:

‘I think it would be folly to expect that women will ever dominate or even approach equal representation in a large number of areas simply because their aptitudes, abilities and interests are different for physiological reasons’

[a] bit of body contact never hurt anyone (may I mention he was speaking to teenage girls while saying this).

Speaking about homosexuality in general: ‘If you’d asked me for advice I would have said to have – adopt a sort of “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy about all of these things…’

Climate change is absolute crap

‘I think there does need to be give and take on both sides, and this idea that sex is kind of a woman’s right to absolutely withhold, just as the idea that sex is a man’s right to demand I think they are both they both need to be moderated, so to speak’

‘If we’re honest, most of us would accept that a bad boss is a little bit like a bad father or a bad husband … you find that he tends to do more good than harm. He might be a bad boss but at least he’s employing someone while he is in fact a boss.’

‘Jesus knew that there was a place for everything and it’s not necessarily everyone’s place to come to Australia.’

I can't believe this guy is in charge of me and my country!

• 3 weeks later...

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You musn't lose it." - Robin Williams

And on the topic of madness...

"Your toast is burnt and no amount of scraping will remove the black part." - Michael J. Caboose

Edited by Froiky

• 2 weeks later...

"Bitterness is like a cancer. It eats upon the host. Bit anger is like fire. It burns it all clean" - Maya Angelou

"If the world ends tonight! ~then we all go together when it does, when it does!~" - My Mum, the night the 2012 apocalypse was meant to occur

"Be careful of whose advice you buy. But be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of Nostalgia. Dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts, and recycling it for more than what it's worth."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So much for "God's miracle". Governments falsify history only so it favors them. But you can't blame them. Because people always hope for a "miracle". Endlessly complaining, lazy, nuisances...that's what the masses really are. Governments give them what they want...and history repeats itself. Governments might well have taken advantage of their insecurity..... But then again, people are satisfied being used. "God" is nothing but an image created out of their insecurity. It's their fault for knowing their comfortably numb, and not doing anything about it. -Wiegraf, Final Fantasy Tactics

You and I are the same... Miserable people forced to live false lives. Always being used by someone... Try hard and you'll be rewarded they say. Lies... Only those close to the top are rewarded without trying. It's the way of the world. Most people act the roles given to them... Then again, most of them haven't even noticed they're acting. No way I'd do that. I won't be used. I'll be the one using! Those who used me must pay for what they've done.-Delita, Final Fantasy Tactics

Education is the progressive realization of ignorance.-Bubbles, Powerpuff Girls

You can't beat a skill out of someone. They have to learn it in their own way and time. If you rush them, you only delay them. You have to be firm but not cruel. Cruelty is a barrier, and barriers slow people down.-Fiachna, Bec; book 4 of Demonata

Only a fool ignores good advice simply because it comes from an unlikely source.-Drust, Bec; book 4 of Demonata

Patients mimics infinity. And nobody can win a staring contest with infinity. No matter how long you last, infinity is just getting started.-The Sphinx, Rise of The Evening Star; book 2 of Fablehaven

Making mistakes is part of learning to choose well. No way around it. Choices are thrust apon us, and we don't always get things right. Even postponing or avoiding a decision can become a choice that carries heavy consequences. Mistakes can be painful-sometimes they cause irrevocable harm-but welcome to Earth. Poor choices are part of growing up, and part of life. You will make bad choices and you will be affected by the poor choices of others. We must rise above such things.-Patton Burgess, Keys to The Demon Prison; book 5 of Fablehaven

Few quotes from people from different time

'Truthful words are not beautiful, beautiful words are not truthful. Good words are not persuasive, persuasive words are not good.'

-Lao Tzu, Ancient Chinese philosopher

'The secret is not to give up hope. It is very hard not to because if you're really doing something worthwhile I think you will be pushed to the brink of hopelessness before you come through the other side.'

-George Lucas

'I think luck falls on not just the brave but also the ones who believe they belong there.'

-Novak Djokovic, my favourite tennis player

'There's no hope on the battlefield. It has nothing but unspeakable despair. Just a crime we call victory, paid by the pain of the defeated. Yet humanity never recognized this truth. and the reason for that is, in every era, a dazzling hero has blinded people with their legends and prevented them from seeing the bloodshed. The true nature of humanity has not advanced a step beyond the Stone Age.'

-Kiritsugu Emiya, Fate/Zero

• 2 weeks later...

Stumbled upon a few words from Peter F. Drucker, the founder of modern management while reading the other day

'Management is doing things right, leadership is doing the right things'

'We now accept the fact that learning is a lifelong process of keeping abreast of change, and the most pressing task is to teach people how to learn'