That LoL Feel When...

Amethyst

Straight up, jungling is what I've found to work the best if you're not willing to trust your team. Otherwise, just get good at what you wanna do, and you'll climb. Take advantage of the preseason confusion for easy climbing. That way, in February, you'll get placed higher.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Straight up, jungling is what I've found to work the best if you're not willing to trust your team.

How does that work? Jungling is a role that works to help the entirety of your team, isn't it? Doesn't the idea of not trusting your team contradict that?

How does that work? Jungling is a role that works to help the entirety of your team, isn't it? Doesn't the idea of not trusting your team contradict that?

When you jungle, you can force a lane to snowball. Which is what makes it so effective.

• Administrators

Not always the case, sometimes it's flat-out onesided. The loss that set off my recent 11-game losing streak featured my high-bronze/low-silver teammates against three Golds, a Platinum and an unranked 30. I was the only one my team with a kill, 3/8 as Kayle against a Plat 5 Kassadin.

(Assuming that this wasn't in a ranked queue)

Then all of those gold and plat players probably had low normal MMR and either just goof off a lot or don't play very well. But again, I did just say you aren't going to win every game. Even aside from that, what matters in any individual game is not the rank of its participants, but the actual actions undertaken.

My point is that blaming your team is not going to help. It will not help at a diamond level, it will not help at a gold level, and it will not help at a bronze level no matter how bad you may think they are.

What is important is identifying how you can improve your game.

No, that's accurate. Jungle or secondarily mid are said to be the best roles to carry solo queue from. As a jungler you have access to all three lanes so you can choose where you influence. The jungler still relies on their team, but it's a solo queue strategy.

Mid is the same; can gank any lane, and additionally, you happen to be in one. However, you tend to be locked into the lane for a while so it's a bit less map influence.

Honestly I would try to avoid ranked until you're confident with at least every role, I made that mistake of ranking right when I hit 30 and I wasted so much time just plummeting straight down to Bronze 4 0 lp, and Jungling is a very solid role to main and also to some people's disbelief, bot lane is also a great place to main going into ranked. It's probably statistically proven somewhere that bot probably the place where most people end up feeding out of every lane, so with supports being so strong now laning wise, it's really easy to feed your adc everything they need to be the carry of the game.

Also I'd probably stick to playing the better champs in the meta if you want to climb higher then Bronze, I played Akali a majority of my games coming up from low Bronze and it worked, but as I got higher up I noticed that people actually knew what they were doing and playing soloq stompers like Akali and Yi are servery harder to play. But you should still stick with what you're conferrable with until you can make that change.

And @Tony, It is totally possible to carry 4 people who don't know what they're doing, you just need to be playing the right champs to do so, like you can't play teemo and expect to carry 4 people when you die instantly in teamfights. I've had to do it several times, some games I don't even pay attention to what my team is doing at a certain point and just focus on what plays I can make to swing the game in my team's favor.

And finally time for actual feel: tfw silver 2, i'm getting so close to gold ;w; hopefully season 4 dosen't start before i can actually get it

My point is that blaming your team is not going to help. It will not help at a diamond level, it will not help at a gold level, and it will not help at a bronze level no matter how bad you may think they are.

What is important is identifying how you can improve your game.

I agree with this, but noting down where your team went wrong can give you more of an insight to what you did wrong in a game.

@Anyone

A couple of jerks were telling me earlier how I shouldn't be so hard on myself in game. So try to identify where you went wrong in a game, but don't think everything is your fault because sometimes things are just out of your control.

And @Tony, It is totally possible to carry 4 people who don't know what they're doing, you just need to be playing the right champs to do so, like you can't play teemo and expect to carry 4 people when you die instantly in teamfights. I've had to do it several times, some games I don't even pay attention to what my team is doing at a certain point and just focus on what plays I can make to swing the game in my team's favor.

Some teams suffer from N.E.S. I'm not referring to the console; I am of course referring to Never Ending Syndrome. If you don't force objectives while you have the lead, eventually they may be able to beat you late game due to their team scaling better. That's where the game comes down to communication. If you or your team won't listen, you won't win; it's that simple. hashtagshotcalling

Pre-EDIT: This imo is probably like number 2 in the top 10 reasons games are lost in low elo lol

That feel when one thing led to another, and I wound up in a Skype call with a group of Russian guys, and they really like me.

That feel when I've been going up against Mid Gold - High Plat all night, and have been giving them the business.

^ yes

That feel when people ruin champions and skins for you because you're the only one who doesn't see them as "booby lady" or "dat ass"

Fuckin' Dark Desire, man.

that feel when you helplessly watch as your Showdown partner's attempt to go Rambo fails miserably.