Yo-Ho, There! Nutcase Reporting For Duty.

Bearadactyl

Yo, I'm new around here and wanted to give the community a shout and introduce myself.

The name's Nutcase, or Alex if you're the type to use real names. I've never been good with these introductory things, so I'll keep it simple. I'm a pretty hardcore gamer I'd say, playing everything from Pokémon to Halo. I'm a musician, and an aspiring writer. I have plans to become an English Teacher, and hopefully write for Video Games. I want to bring the ever-expanding universe in my head to life some day, and create stories that will last throughout the ages. Maybe I'll inspire others to bring out that creative flame, as well.

My music taste is extensive, and you'll find anything from Metallica to Bing Crosby in my music collection. I also like to remain care free, and just float along day by day. I co-admin a small Pokémon-based Facebook page. I have issues with organization, and I'm a self-proclaimed tech-wizard and gear-head. I'm particularly knowledgable with PCs, Video Game Consoles and Gaming Peripherals. I also have an obsession with the Qunari Culture from the Dragon Age franchise, and may quote it from time to time.

My Xbox Live Gamertag is: Nutcase Reborn for those who want to give me a shout there, and that's about all I can think of.

If you have any questions for me, fire away.

Here, have a gif that amuses me.

ztudep.gif

Edited by Nutcase

I hope I do, everyone here seems like a cool bunch.

Also, might I ask how I would go about reporting Typos and Big Gramamtical Errors in the game? It may be me just nitpicking, but it gets on my nerves.

Edited by Nutcase

Hi.

You Halo. I Halo. Let's team up. Look for my XBL tag, SonicSoulstrike, cuz imma add you.

And what genre(s) of books do you read and would like to write? I'm a bit of a bookworm myself when I can find something to keep the gears upstairs whirling.

PS- that gif made me rofl.

What do you mean by dark fantasy? If it's what I think it sounds like, you might enjoy The Farseer Trilogy by Robin Hobb. You know, where the day is saved, but in a super secret way and everything still feels like shit for the main protagonist. Then sequel trilogy fixes a lot of things. Not perfect of course, but things change.

By Dark Fantasy I mean a somewhat bleak setting, a major grey area for good/evil, the protagonist not being what they seem, things such as that. Dragon Age is a good example of Dark Fantasy as is Lord of the Rings. I'll have to look in to that series.

Well I also just finished reading the Mistborn trilogy (by Brandon Sanderson), where it goes into that quite a bit, especially in the last two books. The system of magic they use is called allomancy, with burns up ingested metals to fuel different powers, such as granting extra strength, sensory perception, dampen or riot emotions, push or pull on metals (like 'pushing' on a coin is almost equivalent to shooting a bullet). The setting is a pretty shitty dystopian empire. The Lord Ruler has governed immortally with a very, very, very heavy fist for a thousand years, creating almost supernatural enforcers and what is basically a slave system controlling the vast majority of the populace. The world is constantly rained down upon with ash and there are few plants at all. And yet, not everything he has done is as obviously evil as it seems. The first book is about a crew of special thieves attempting to overthrow him. The other two books are about what actually happens when they do succeed and they try to piece together what happened 1000 years ago when he is said to have saved humanity from annihilation, gained his powers, and why the world changed, as well as the struggle of one main character who is an idealist and scholar between who he is and what he has to do and be willing to do to provide for the new kingdom under his rule.

It was really good, especially the last book, and seems right up your alley.