Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

I personally would love to see a brand new moveset for ganon, though there are a few moves I would want him to keep, such as dair for example. Though at the same time, I would like to still have the heavy C.Falcon clone available. Maybe they can use Black Shadow from F-Zero for that position.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Convo with Mael last night.

Me: When did Taken King Come out?

Him: I don't know.

Me: Because Fallout came out around the same time that The Destiny expansion came out in September. However that night they announced a Smash 4 thing and my hype for Destiny deminished... We are about due for some smash 4 news.

Him: Dunno maybe.

I wake up the next day and see "Nintendo direct announced! Get hyped! ". Hype!

Edit: there is a rumor flying around saying that we are getting news that there are six characters in development, but not all of them are announced. We are also supposedly getting three new characters right away. Who they are? **shrugs** Is this true? **shrugs**. We will know on Thursday.

PICHU!

...That would honestly make me way happier than it should. I'd love to see characters like Lyn and Chrom, but with Lyn already in the game as an assist and Chrom as part of Robin's Final Smash, it's very unlikely we'll get either of them until another Smash game is released. (Even then I doubt Chrom could make it. If Robin remained in the game he'd probably still be in the final Smash, and a new Fire Emblem character would probably come from Fates anyway. Lyn is still possible though, and in high demand.)

I'm guessing Isaac is probably one of them if the rumors are true, based purely on the massive demand for him. King K Rool might be another. Wolf is a possibility, and even though Sakurai has said why the Ice Climbers haven't been included, I'm still hoping for them to make a return somehow.

Opinions?

11221461_10100437701614945_3312940387545

As an avid player of Melee who keeps up with the competitive scene, I can confirm that most of this is true. The Falco one is the only one that really seemed off to me. Falco players are like Fox players who want more style points. I still personally think that Falco's better.

Yolo.

List of moves with Full Invincibility/Intangibility

Here's a list of characters who are completely immune to damage during certain frames of their attacks.

• Mario - Super Jump Punch (on startup)
  • Luigi - Super Jump Punch (on startup, includes all customs)
  • Bowser - Up Smash (during the ascent)
  • Yoshi - Shield (on startup)
  • Wario - Up Smash (during the head swing)
  • Little Mac - Jolt Haymaker (on startup, ground only), Slip Counter (upon successful counter)
  • Zelda - Nayru's Love (on startup, includes customs), Farore's Wind (teleport intangibility)
  • Sheik - Vanish (ground = teleport intangibility; air = entire duration of move)
  • Ganondorf - Dash Attack (on startup)
  • Zero Suit Samus - Flip Jump (on startup)
  • Palutena - Dash Attack (startup + during hitbox), Back Aerial (during hitbox + a bit afterward), Celestial Firework (on startup)
  • Roy - Blazer (on startup, ground only, super armor instead in the air)
  • Meta Knight - Dimensional Cape (teleport intangibility)
  • Fox - Shine (on startup)
  • Falco - Falco Phase - Side B 2 (entire duration of move)
  • Pikachu - Thunder (when the lightning hits Pikachu)
  • Jigglypuff - Rest (startup + hitbox)
  • Charizard - Forward Smash (on startup)
  • Lucario - Double Team (teleport intangibility, on successful counter)
  • Greninja - Shadow Sneak (teleport intangibility)
  • Ness - PK Thunder 2 (during first half of propulsion)
  • Lucas - Up Smash (just before hitbox), PK Thunder 2 (during first half of propulsion)
  • Villager - Pocket (on startup)
  • Wii Fit Trainer - Up Smash (on startup)
  • Sonic - Spin Dash (on startup), Up Smash (entire duration of move?), Spring Jump (entire duration of move)
  • Ryu - Shoryuken (entire duration of move, True only)

Yolo.

Here's a list of characters who are completely immune to damage during certain frames of their attacks.

• Little Mac - Jolt Haymaker (on startup, ground only), Slip Counter (upon successful counter)
  • Zelda - Nayru's Love (on startup, includes customs), Farore's Wind (teleport intangibility)
  • Sheik - Vanish (ground = teleport intangibility; air = entire duration of move)
  • Palutena - Dash Attack (startup + during hitbox), Back Aerial (during hitbox + a bit afterward), Celestial Firework (on startup)
  • Lucas - Up Smash (just before hitbox), PK Thunder 2 (during first half of propulsion)
  • Sonic - Spin Dash (on startup), Up Smash (entire duration of move?), Spring Jump (entire duration of move)

doesn't olimar have invincibility on his down-b?

Yolo.

Some of that is incorrect.

Damn I forgot just how funny the melee misfire is. I would have such a great time just spamming green missile against my friends waiting for that misfire to come.

9 Hammers though... They always come when you least expect them.

Also with the direct coming tomorrow what are you expecting to see? I am personally expecting to see one of two things, new character announcements, or a less hype stage announcement. (Yay more stages?)

The characters I think we will see is either Wolf or Inkling. As for stages I would like to see Fountain of Dreams from Melee comeback. That stage looks amazing, has great music, and is a popular competitive choice. I don't think it would actually happen though.

9 Hammers though... They always come when you least expect them.Also with the direct coming tomorrow what are you expecting to see? I am personally expecting to see one of two things, new character announcements, or a less hype stage announcement. (Yay more stages?)

The characters I think we will see is either Wolf or Inkling. As for stages I would like to see Fountain of Dreams from Melee comeback. That stage looks amazing, has great music, and is a popular competitive choice. I don't think it would actually happen though.

We'll get five new mii costumes for everyone who won the ballot and jungle japes from Melee. You know, the one with the klaptrap B)