Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

Cloud can combo off of his down throw at lower percents.

Also all the bowser stuff I mentioned are true combos, he can true combo people with the last combo up to 90% without rage.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cloud's side B will never be a threat unless it's Limit Broken. It's too easy to SDI out of and properly punish, especially on wifi where Cloud will most often be mashing his B button to get the whole thing out.

However, Cloud can act out of it pretty fast if he chooses not to do the full attack, so the biggest decision with that move is knowing when to stop.

his only combo out of dthrow is ftilt, cross slash looks like it can combo but i've started to notice that people can react fast enough and shield, you can also tech chase a dash attack though

If you do a reverse up tilt you can combo it into another grab. Yes, Cloud has a chain Grab. I thought I mentioned it :/

tots not double posting this is merely topic bumping with new information after I posted nearly 24 hours ago. So down boy!

This video has a ton of neat tricks its worth watching.

tots not double posting this is merely topic bumping with new information after I posted nearly 24 hours ago. So down boy!

This video has a ton of neat tricks its worth watching.

imo it was kinda a shitty montage, the only notable things to take away from it was: the end hitbox of dair hits them in a way you can follow up with almost anything, same with falling upair and nair into limits moves at higher percents

using limit side b as a ledge spike option was pretty creative though

Idk about camping with Cloud and zoning. I play him as rushdowny as I do Ike. At lower percents you can follow a attack with a side B combo. His easiest to land kill move is limit breaker neutral B. His down smash has a gimping effect at the ledge if your foe isn't careful. I got Godot with that a few times before he noticed it. I should probably take more time to mess with him in training mode to test out the limits of his up B as a recovery move for when he grabs the ledge.

Ike might rack up damage a bit faster with harder hits, but Cloud has more killing move options that are much easier to land. A lot of times Ike requires a hard read or else he'll just neutral combo all day and not rack up that kill.

Ike's recovery is infinitely better than Clouds. Without his limit break Cloud's recovery is worse than Little Mac's.

I wouldn't say that. I mean it's really bad, but at least Cloud has a pretty high second jump and good air speed, neither of which Little Mac can claim to have.

Edited by Mighty Kamina

Trust me, Ike's Recovery is underrated and Cloud has less aerial options than Mac has.

I wasn't talking about Ike. Ike definitely has the better recovery. I just don't think that Mac's poor options outweigh Cloud's air speed and second jump height, especially since Mac has awful air speed. Not that base Cloud's recovery is good, it's pretty terrible,

Edited by Mighty Kamina

You don't wanna camp with Cloud, trust me. He's an offensive/pressuring character meant to be a prominent onstage threat once he gets a lead, very similar to Roy. If you camp with Cloud you are giving up stage control and that is very hard for him to get back.

I wasn't talking about Ike. Ike definitely has the better recovery. I just don't think that Mac's poor options outweigh Cloud's air speed and second jump height, especially since Mac has awful air speed. Not that base Cloud's recovery is good, it's pretty terrible,

What I meant is that I feel less useless in the air as Mac than I do as Cloud. Mac can use his side B, Counter, and Up B to try and recover. Cloud has a deceptive ranged Climazzard, or pause in mid air with a blade beam while not actually advancing in any way, or he can pray to god that his limit break is charged or almost charged.

Question. What is the general patterns that are seen on good Links? I'm finding myself pretty good at any matchup except against very fast characters, like Mac, Sonic, Cap Fal, Shiek, etc. Literally my counter pick to any fast character is Little Mac of my own, because I can keep up with their shenanigans then.

It's mostly the ground game and Smash attacks I'm having trouble killing with, because Link's Smashes are pretty easy to see coming, and avoid. Any other ways you guys recommend using him? My air game with Link is fine except for Back-Air, and my grab game is okay but I don't know all of his grab combos outside of low percents.

Also looking for a 4th and 5th guys to round out all I need for play. Got Mac as main, Link as my second, Sonic as my third. I am decent with Dedede and learning Ryu. Could those two round out my roster fairly nicely?

Question. What is the general patterns that are seen on good Links? I'm finding myself pretty good at any matchup except against very fast characters, like Mac, Sonic, Cap Fal, Shiek, etc. Literally my counter pick to any fast character is Little Mac of my own, because I can keep up with their shenanigans then.

It's mostly the ground game and Smash attacks I'm having trouble killing with, because Link's Smashes are pretty easy to see coming, and avoid. Any other ways you guys recommend using him? My air game with Link is fine except for Back-Air, and my grab game is okay but I don't know all of his grab combos outside of low percents.

Also looking for a 4th and 5th guys to round out all I need for play. Got Mac as main, Link as my second, Sonic as my third. I am decent with Dedede and learning Ryu. Could those two round out my roster fairly nicely?

Consider the mario bros or greninja. Since a balanced character would round out your roster. Mario have the aerials and attacks to counter faster characters, (Plus a projectile) Luigi is somewhat harder to learn than mario due to slower aerial speed but once he have the advantage, oh boy. Greninja, when I don't know not much about but poke around the boards and play him for a bit.

Seeing your preference for characters that dominate the ground level, I would suggest Roy and Bowser. Roy is a fast, pressuring character that is very much like a ground-heavy Captain Falcon. And Bowser is Bowser. Grappling for days, long-ass reach, takes forever to kill.

So I was watching the direct again, and I think I found something we all missed. When Bayonetta was announced she was said to be the final *new* challenger. I may be reading too much into the wording, but its possible a returning fighter could come with Bayonetta and Corrin upon release.

So I was watching the direct again, and I think I found something we all missed. When Bayonetta was announced she was said to be the final *new* challenger. I may be reading too much into the wording, but its possible a returning fighter could come with Bayonetta and Corrin upon release.

Oh shoot that right. We have one possible fighter space left. WOLF OR SNAKE HYPE TRAIN IS REVIVED!

It could actually be both, given we have 58 characters including Corrin and Bayonetta. Adding two would round it up to a clean 60. Snake I'm on the fence about because of Konami....but Wolf I can definitely see making a return, especially with Star Fox Zero on the horizon.

I doubt we will get another charcter outside Bayo and Corrin anytime soon. I can see an NX version with some minor additions but that is it.

Fun fact. The whole "now on to the climax bit" is a Bayonetta reference/tease.

It could actually be both, given we have 58 characters including Corrin and Bayonetta. Adding two would round it up to a clean 60. Snake I'm on the fence about because of Konami....but Wolf I can definitely see making a return, especially with Star Fox Zero on the horizon.

Nope. In the Japanese version of the direct, Sakurai specifically said Bayonetta was the last fighter. Sorry to burst your hopes.

This is one of the worlds better links, most of the matchups you mentioned are bad for link overall, but i'm the only one who thinks falcon is hard and i'm some scrub. Other notable ones to steal from are hyrule hero and cat

Edited by Shadow Tack