Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

ah so nothing too important got leaked today except for:

cloud's classic mode victory thing, which i think it's safe to say he'll be released after the direct with everything looking to be in place for him to get released, and a kalos pokemon stage apparently

can't wait until tomorrow >><<

geno Mii costume

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

GG,

NO

FUCKING

RE

I can't describe how much I want to thank Sakurai for his contribution to the gaming world with Smash bros. and his contribution to my life. <333

Smash boards is dead btw. So much shit after this announcement, well done Sakurai.

Bayonetta looks cool, but also looks super laggy. Whiffing one of those gigantic Smash Attacks is going to be devastating.

Corrin...wtf is he supposed to be, zoner? Punisher? I ain't got a clue. Looks hella stylish though. Not to mention he's giving the shipping lord a run for his money.

I will buy Cloud though, without question.

Holy shit. And people getting salty over the fact bayonetta is in... Think about the how easy she got in. She have her sequel on the wii u so she technically eligible for smash. Plus she is a lesser known character in video games. My problem is audience, you have kids playing your game and in her game, she is sexualized af. But then again snake got in.

People salty over Bayonetta are slightly justified tbh. She was the ballot winner after all, taking the spot of the "lovely" K. Rool. I was pretty darn sad that Snake or Shovel Knight wasn't in though. But we're getting a character I was p hyped for too, so it's all good to me. Also glad to know she'll likely be high tier. I'm definitely going to try her out.

Now for Corrin. I saw it in the showdown lobby and I can understand it. Some people are salty that another FE character is taking up a slot. I personally don't care, because I fucking love Fire Emblem and the music was soooo good. Plus, Corrin definitely seems to have a much more interesting niche than the others. I'll be trying him/her out as well.

Finally Cloud. I'm getting him Thursday, no questions asked. Going to try him out and see if I'll main him from there.

That aside, Luigi didn't get nerfed this update and Kirby got buffed. I'm loving it.

my opinion on cloud so far: probably around high B tier, ike is definitely better then him, nair and b spacing is okay, his recover sucks ass, his side b without limit is ass (although with limit it's a pretty decent kill option) his moves do pretty good percent, his upsmash is pretty ass but all his limit b's are pretty good and basically carry him to be a decent character

I really don't know what's taking so long for these 1.1.3 balance changes to be noted by Smashboards. Lots of buffs discovered though.

You ought to be happy if you play any of these characters, for they got significant buffs:

• Bowser
  • Ganondorf
  • Kirby
  • Link
  • Lucas
  • Mewtwo
  • Robin
  • Shulk

Patch winner: Bowser. Holy shit Bowser is scary with U-throw to U-air. It's a KO confirm on the entire cast at varying percents (for example, 92 to 137 on Mario). He also received some other useful things, such as intangibility on Flying Slam, and ability to grab the ledge out of Whirling Fortress even while facing the wrong way.

Ganondorf: D-Smash 2nd hit now pushes opponents away on block rather than pulling them in*, N-air completely reworked for more situational use, D-air hitbox nerfed slightly, all Aerials reduced landing lag, Wizard Hug deals more damage and knockback.

Kirby: Knockback buffs to all Smashes, F-air, B-air, U-throw, and all iterations of his Hammer special. Overall, kills more easily than before.

Link: F-smash 2nd hit kills earlier, large damage buffs to F-air, D-air now only spikes aerial enemies but grounded targets are now knocked back at an angle that allows Link to...well, link one hit of D-air into another. Each hit of D-air still does between 15-18% damage.

Lucas: Reduced end lag on all of his grabs (standing, dash grab, pivot grab, applies only to whiffed grabs and does not affect Z-air), N-air damage doubled, hitbox improvements to F-air.

Mewtwo: Much needed hitbox adjustments on Aerials, all Aerials reduced landing lag, increased damage on U-air, Confusion range improved.

Robin: All Aerials reduced landing lag, N-air, F-air and D-air all now have bigger hitboxes when using the Levin Sword.

Shulk: All Aerials reduced landing lag, all Aerials, Tilts and Dash Attack received slight damage buffs.

* = this change also applies to Mii Gunner.

Patch winner: Bowser. Holy shit Bowser is scary with U-throw to U-air. It's a KO confirm on the entire cast at varying percents (for example, 92 to 137 on Mario). He also received some other useful things, such as intangibility on Flying Slam, and ability to grab the ledge out of Whirling Fortress even while facing the wrong way.

I feel like there is more to it than that... Bowser feels really REALLY off... in a good way. I feel like he ate sonic's shoes or some shit... He feels oddly fast.

I just saw a video where a guy tested Bowser's up throw on Shiek...

He true combo'd her with up tilt at 10%.

He true combo'd her with a nair at 50%.

And lastly he KO'd her on Smashville with an up air Hoo Hah at 60%.

So I decided to re-main Bowser.

And lastly he KO'd her on Smashville with an up air Hoo Hah at 60%.

Your credibility score just went down several tiers. =/

Cloud feels like a better Ike. His horizontal recovery sucks, but otherwise, he can land so many more things than Ike can. Any move with a full limit meter is great for killing with, except for down B. That one is deceptively hard to land. I think a limit Up B did 20%. It's kind of annoying how you have to time the second B press for him to do the down slash afterwards. Mashing it didn't always get the job done. His down air is easy to hit with and feels like link's but without the lag and vulnerability. I still need to play around more and figure out some of the actual damage calcs.

cloud and Ike are kinda different, cloud has a more zone and camp play style while Ike is really read and more combo based

I think Ike is purely better because of his kill set ups out of throws, plus getting percent with him is way easier, cloud's recovery is ass and with his up b not snapping the ledge, that pretty much breaks his chance of being A tier, so many characters can take advantage of that

I haven't tried Cloud for myself yet, so correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you just sweetspot his up-B like you would for any character in prior games? I.e., you just learn the max distance it goes and let yourself fall far enough that you don't pass over the ledge on your way up.

Cloud feels so smooth, for somebody who uses such a massive sword I thought he'd be more sluggish. His main weaknesses are his lack of good throw follow ups and bad normal recovery. I'm absolutely in love with his Up-Air, and that 3 of his aerials auto cancel from a short hop. (B-Air, Up-Air, and N-Air) I'd say he's upper B tier or very low A tier.

I've found myself a new main.

I haven't tried Cloud for myself yet, so correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you just sweetspot his up-B like you would for any character in prior games? I.e., you just learn the max distance it goes and let yourself fall far enough that you don't pass over the ledge on your way up.

Cloud's recovery only snaps to the ledge in limit mode, otherwise he hangs in the air for a moment.

Edited by Mighty Kamina