Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So the Japanese Smash Bros. twitter account tweeted out a picture of this and slated it for a July 31st (this Friday) release date...

CLEFNIBUYAA8d6h.jpg

I knew Sakurai was a troll, but this is a whole new level entirely.

Other stuff coming this Friday includes a universal Mii costume (give 'em a Smash Bros. hoodie), a Chrom costume for Mii Swordfighter, and two, well...sorta new stages: Peach's Castle N64 and Hyrule Castle N64, with (assumingly) extra music for both versions. No announcements on forthcoming Fighters yet.

This patch also includes the new Replay Sharing function, which will allow you to send your battles straight to YouTube as well as save the video file locally. The tournament function discussed before will also be added to the Wii U version.

The patch hits on Friday in Japan - probably wise to expect it the same day elsewhere!

crap, as a luigi user, this buff/nerf both opens more combo options but also slightly reduced his bread and butter combo power. down tilt could be used to up-b since this now encourage luigi players to practice that sweetspot on the up-b.

They buffed his down tilt and up b. But nerfed his Fair and Fireball.

I don't really know about this...the way it works he can no longer combo into other things such as Grab as easily. However, the change in knockback angle does mean that it has a chance to trip opponents, which I guess is meant to fit with a character that wants to be somewhat lucky to succeed, as per gameplay thematic. At mid percentages however it becomes a somewhat more reliable combo setup.

As someone who uses Robin most of the time (am I the only one?), I cannot tell you how happy this makes me. Now fix his freaking dash!

And does anyone have the wii u version? Anyone?

A number of people do - the first ones that come to mind are Frarpeto (Washman), Godot, Neo

He beat me a few times, I think Haven is actually better than I am.

Pyrrhon's Luigi is (IMO) the best opponent that Reborn has to offer, although Godot's Yoshi and Shing's Fox are pretty scary themselves. I dunno where my Ganon or Falcon ranks among the others, but I've bodied my fair share of people here with the King of Evil...although my play can be pretty inconsistent.

Face Pyrrhon when he's playing anything else and...well...