Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

*luigi main get rekt'd by a dk who don't any combos* Um, any advice and I need to practice against a dk user.

Not too sure how to help you without knowing how he was getting you. Did you save a replay? Fireball to force a shield or jump and allow you to approach for a grab or up air?

I would help you practice with my dk but I'll be out until much later today. I should be free pretty much all day tomorrow.

Why not? Custom Villager is perfectly balanced :Kappa:

A. There is a lot of problems involving customs.

B. Not sure about miis. We don't have control over what people run on them. Most tourney set ups allow average size miis with the 1111 load out.

C. Custom move loadouts are difficult to set up and get going, even in an online environment.

D. I am bias and on the anti custom un-hype train. I also hate fun.

The custom UpB's are only OP if you don't respect them.

For example, Ganondorf's Dark Fists gives him super armor and KO's half the cast at 60% or less. The counterplay? Don't try to contest it. Wait for the lag, and go to town. It also still doesn't help his issues with horizontal recovery either (although it bolsters that a bit).

That's not to make a case for legalizing customs though. Let's avoid the headaches that come with trying to work with them.

i dont mind banning customs but if you little shits ban my Mii's i'll be angry :<

jk but pls no ban

Are you willing to fight mii for your mii independence?

I of course mean irl, smash is for scrubs.

And regarding DK's Kong Cyclone. The custom is stupid because it doesn't "make the character infinitely better". It just makes the character brain dead easy to use. The main people I have seen getting pissed about most U.S. Tournaments going back to being default only, are DK "mains". People are threatening to drop the character entirely if they don't have their up b. And when people say, "can't you just learn to use the ape without the move." They throw a tantrum and go Noooooooo!!!! ><

People also seem to forget that DK Will has been kicking ass since day one of the game. Using DK and only DK.

I haven't seen what shenanigans people do with DK custom up B. I looked at them once long ago and didn't think any of them were even worth noting.

I showed him the match at 4:30