Maybe the true identity of Madame X is...

Lord C

Melasine. Malesine? I don't remember how her name was written. I'm reffering to the girl in the alternate present, the one ruined with the red sea corroding everything. The reason I'm led to believe it's her starts with the Yveltal and her phrase ''father, I have failed you'' once Melia defeats her. It's the same thing Madame X said when I beat her episodes ago. They both are the only people with Yveltal in Rejuvenation, but there is more than that.

Melasine essentially becomes an overlord in the alternate present. She also is the bearer of the Time Diamond, hers being in a much newer state. Meanwhile, in the normal timeline, Madame X is the one that bears the Time Diamond, but hers was already used some times. If they are both the same person, Madame X could be normal timeline's Melasine, but one from a few years in the future that used the Time Diamond to travel back in time and to do other stuff.

Other things that lead me to believe they are the same person is: both don't have their mothers, both took over Blacksteeple Castle. And and, in the normal timeline, Madame X is a person powerful enough to control the entire Team Xen, our enemy team. In the alternate timeline, Melasine somehow acquires power enough to control most of what remains of the world. Team Xen has technology advanced enough to mass produce Shadow Pokemon and Deoxys, while Melasine has technology that holds the genetic code of hundreds of pokemon and can potentially be used to also mass produce any pokemon with their genetic data written there.

• Global Mods
Spoiler

With the Yveltal/Blacksteeple/Father things, I definitely thought there was a connection too. and we also know that Melanie is a version of Melia due to the overlapping thing, so those two are connected as well.  

The other one we see with Yveltal is

Spoiler

The redhaired time traveler in V -1 with keta, so maybe she's an earlier version of madame x or something?

Doubt it. In the Bad Ending we see that Melanie overlapped Melia, which means that Melanie is the Melia of the alternative present. If Melanie is Madame X, then Madame X could risk overlapping Melia and wouldn't even try to get near her in any way, as she needed Melia's light to fulfill her plans.

Not gonna through myself into theories, just enhancing the chaos: as you begin the game, you play as little Melia with your fuckin dad sacrificing people. Just before you discover that, Madame x shows up and makes some motivational speech to melia. This may be 'cause she needs her in the future, or maybe they are a little more related than we thought...?

Spoiler

This is more of a compilation of thoughts, and i encourage anyone to point out mistakes (since i dont remember everything and/or correctly) and add stuff, so feel free to go wild. 

I also want to remind, that in the beginning of the game there are notes, telling that Kyugearen city will be founded soon. So those cannot be Vitus-Indriad and his wife (at least in this timeline), since in our timeline they've been torn apart only after it's foundation. 
Second thing to note in prologue is that Madame X presumably teleported in time to this moment to witness it or do something in it, but it reminded me heavily of Vivian - it's the events she doesnt want to happen, but she cannot stop them, or timeline will be broken, thus she only encourages Marianette. 

So far, i think, she can be number of characters, each got some strong points to support the thought, but the top dogs here are:  

1) Griselda - the ancient queen. There are number of things that can link Madame X to her, namely that she was always feared instead of loved, she was betrayed by her 2 sisters (most likely Spacea and Tiempa), also "she rose again with her tiaras becoming her face (mask?), her ribcage becoming her claws (sword?), and her spine her wings (Yveltal?)". Also she sealed the soul of her daughter, that might be reincarnating inside Marianette, Maria, Melia e.t.c. similar to Vivian case, thus it is so important to her. 

2) Past Maria from the timeline we visit - the biggest thing that clicks me here is actually Nastasia, or i think it's safe to say Anastasia Bellarosa, the girl she tutored in childhood. Im pretty sure it's not a coincidence that 1) she is a top person in Team Xen and 2) we have never seen (at least i dont remember) Nastasia and Madame X interacting, probably because the way they speak would give it away. Another thing is that Anathea, her mother, died in, honestly, pretty stupid manner, leaving her alone with maniacal Indriad, an Arceus cult leader. Downside of this - this version of Maria MIGHT still be in stasis, however she also could free herself or been freed by someone else (i didnt finish Keta thing yet, but maybe he freed her from stasis by battling Beheeyem inside the manor). 

3) "Way in the past Marianette" - im talking about the one, that got sacrificed (?) in the, what i assume, a second Blacksteeple castle, the one that is protected by a barrier. What points me in this direction is first of all, Team Xen making a base and doing the entire "gathering energy from humans" thing here, presumably to break the barrier, and in the prologue we've seen, i assume, exactly that, a Blacksteeple castle. Also "only Madame X knows the secret of this castle".

4) Now, this is a wild pitch, but she can also be a version of the Protagonist from different timeline. just here for being the possibility. 

The things that confuse me personally: 

1) The museum mask, that is hinted to belong to Madame X. It is said "it's unknown when it was created", however it IS in the museum, so im assuming it is old.
2) The guy in Kristilline town. One of the biggest mysteries is, why did he know Madame X identity? Who was he? Why in Kristilline? 
3) Basement in Kyugearen city. It is clear that Maria and Anastasia were children at this point, however this lab and Shadow pokemon research existed for quite some time. Who was the researcher and at what point in time?
4) The "doll", Nancy, Protagonist "mother". Madame X specifically says that Nancy is a doll and it is weird she could comprehend love at all, so who is the Protagonist? It is clear that Nancy raised him, but WHO is he? It feels like he was GIVEN to her to be raised, exactly like Xen made Jenner raise Melia. But it seems that Team Xen didnt do it, so who did? 
5) Interceptor. For now i think it is clear that Interceptor is US - The Player. A being not common for this world. So why are we here and what is our role? What ARE we intercepting? 
6) Time Diamond. This hole thing is bullshit honestly, pardon my french, but Madame X travelled in time enough that Diamond lost all it's luster. So it's kinda impossible to pinpoint the rules and limits of time travel and her involvement in the events. 
7) Prologue scene. Why it was important for Madame X to give encouraging speech to the girl? Was it significant enough to warrant her attention? Or was it too personal?
8) The significance of the Zorua and Pangoro tale. Still dont get it. 

Edited by Cyphre

Spoiler

So Madame X  had a time diamond used it so much that it went ussless,

She know.s about the interceptor and keeps saying that the MC wasnt supposed to be here(more specificaly in this time line) meaning that she used the time diamond a few times to change the time line also meaning she has some good old years.

That guy in Kristilline Town was captured? by Cosmo or his sister so they have a relation with her.

She is somewhat related to Marienete ? if you remember Madame X was in her house when her mother were sacrificed by Indriad, she told to the young Marienete to be strong showing some compassion meaning she could be related to her ,.... maybe she is Marienete.

This is somewhat of a sumary about her, we dont know anything about her yet

From what i know she could be a new character, one the we havent meet and Jan could introduce to us.

She is somewhat related to Marienete ? if you remember Madame X was in her house when her mother were sacrificed by Indriad, she told to the young Marienete to be strong showing some compassion meaning she could be related to her ,.... maybe she is Marienete.

This contradicts what we've learned from her aboard the S.S. Paradise. According to her, her mother also sacrificed herself to save her, so this couldn't be Marianette as Anathea was murdered by corrupt policemen.

1) Griselda - the ancient queen. There are number of things that can link Madame X to her, namely that she was always feared instead of loved, she was betrayed by her 2 sisters (most likely Spacea and Tiempa), also "she rose again with her tiaras becoming her face (mask?), her ribcage becoming her claws (sword?), and her spine her wings (Yveltal?)". Also she sealed the soul of her daughter, that might be reincarnating inside Marianette, Maria, Melia e.t.c. similar to Vivian case, thus it is so important to her. 

From Griselda's tale I've gotten Giratina's Origin Forme. Its face is covered by what looks like a tiara, it's ribcage-like structure look like limbs in this form, and its wings look like they are coming from its spine. And there's this.

Perhaps Marianette is similar to Vivian? In an event she dies, she reincarnates as a child soon after. So Melia and Melasine could be two different people, justifying different backstories, but still identical to the point overlapping is possible. So maybe Melia isn't actually Marianette, but a reincarnation of her as well, and then both Melasine and Madame X could be the next ones in the cycle of rebirth

• 1 month later...

Well I thought that the "Sorry father I have lost" thing was just left over from essentials (wait is Rejuvenation made from essentials?) as I think one of the base trainers (the girl and boy double battle, I think) the girl says the same thing when she loses. So I thought they just left that in because they didn't think MadameX would be able to be beaten.

Spoiler

I think MadameX is Marrionette from an alternative time line. I think it would be cool if it was the one Venam and the Protagonist meet in the sewers and then caused her to escape from Whatshisnamecultistdadguy.