• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

UNF x1000000000000000000000

http://promo.leagueoflegends.com/en/spirit-guard-udyr/

for those of you who are too lazy;

EVOLVE

When you reach rank five in a stance, you’ll summon that animal spirit’s physical manifestation, transforming Udyr into a feral force of nature. Unleash all-new animations and spell effects across the four forms, strike down minions, champions and neutral monsters with stance-specific callouts and roar with triumph after vanquishing the Dragon and Baron Nashor with new event-triggered VO.

EMBRACE

To celebrate the release of our second Ultimate skin, you can become one with the four eternal spirits as Spirit Guard Udyr for just 1950 RP for four days after release. For those who haven’t yet unlocked Udyr, a bundle will be available for 2295 RP. When the sale ends, Spirit Guard Udyr will return to his regular price of 3250 RP.

nmjj2b.jpg

fcmtfo.jpg

16k17qs.jpg

2ug2xxf.jpg

Embrace the wild with unique icons and banners on your Summoner profile.

I wonder if anyone's tried Draft Pick Dominion?

xr59.png

...yeah, me neither.

I'd be interested to try it sometime - perhaps somebody has an idea or two about dominion meta (although that'd be a stretch) - banning global presences like Shen, Gangplank, Karthus, etc.

Although I can't imagine that too much thinking has ever gone into such a thing.

EDIT: Going through the GD for the hell of it, one of the riot guys named gypsylord dropped a hint that the next champion is female.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=39226391#39226391

• Administrators

Because nobody really realizes how good it is for melting Dragon and Baron.

Few actually bother with trying it.

zzzz i make a conscious effort to solo dragon the moment i get to level 6 zzzzz

Just a reminder to those who plan on playing ranked tonight, there's going to b a patch update at 01:30 PST,

Also be prepared to be seeing Udyr in 90% of your games.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3641227

Edit - Patch notes can be fond here

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/patch-39-notes

Edited by Cpt.DanaKS

In the meantime...let's get back to "the now" because we got a patch.

Patch 3.9 is out (without Lucian or the Yi rework, of course), and for those of you too lazy to look at the site, I've whipped up this usual patch "summary". Read on to see if your favorite champion/item/etc. is affected!
You'll see quotes from my fellow Canadian Pwyff in spoilers.

Champions

• Brand saw reduced mana costs in Pillar of Flame (W) and Pyroclasm (his ultimate); however the mana cost of Conflagration was increased.
  • Corki got massively reduced mana costs in Valkyrie (the jump) and Missile Barrage, his ultimate.

"A common Corki complaint is that he feels extremely mana constrained by the cost of Phosphorus Bomb. However, after looking at his abilities, Phosphorus Bomb needs to be expensive to balance out its lack of counterplay. So we instead reduced the cost on some of his other spells to make mana less of a constraint overall."

• It's the League of Draven! He has a new passive based around gaining Adoration from his fans upon catching a Spinning Axe or killing an enemy minion or monster, cashing it in for bonus gold upon killing a champion.

"We lowered the early game damage output Draven got from his passive since it wasn't adding much in terms of satisfying gameplay. Unfortunately, to get the numbers right, we realized we would need to reduce his passive damage to a point where it would be even less satisfying. We instead opted to rework Draven's passive altogether into something that reinforces his current gameplay, something so… Draven… even his opponents will feel begrudged to applaud: Welcome… to the League of Draven."

• Hecarim's Rampage now increases in mana cost as you rank it up.
  • Jayce's Shock Blast travels faster, but the cooldown on Acceleration Gate has been increased.

"By increasing the cooldown on Jayce's Acceleration Gate, we can keep his Shock Blast + Acceleration Gate combo impactful while toning down his poke and disengage potential. In addition, since later in the game not every Shock Blast will be accelerated, we've increased the base speed of the ability to make it better as a standalone skillshot."

• Kayle can no longer damage turrets with Righteous Fury's AoE.
  • Kennen has been nerfed due to his strong early-game presence. His Marks of the Storm don't last as long, and his base Attack Damage has been toned down a bit.

"Yordle-made shurikens seemed a little too sharp and pointy, so we've tuned down some of Kennen's early game lane harass given how much teamfight potential he has."

• LeBlanc got a boatload of changes. I mean a LOT. It's best that you just go and read for yourself; however, it's important to note that Mimic no longer costs mana. Overall? A nerf, I guess.

"LeBlanc's Mimic was less a decision point and more of a tool to one-shot someone with Sigil of Silence. These changes aim to make Mimic equally interesting with other skills. For one, Mimicked abilities will now deal their own base damage instead of amplifying the base spell. This means players will be able to use Mimic in more creative ways at level 6, rather than saving it for Sigil of Silence. Additionally, Sigil of Silence will now deal less damage up front but more damage on detonation in order to better promote LeBlanc's multi-skill interaction."

• Malzahar's Call of the Void now grants better vision. In addition, Malefic Visions now jumps when used on an "undead" champion (ex. Karthus).
  • The bonus damage from Nasus's Siphoning Strike is now displayed as a buff.
  • Nautilus's Dredge Line doesn't travel through certain walls anymore.
  • Nunu has been nerfed. His Health per level is down, and the damage from Consume has also been hit.

"We've reduced the overall damage of Consume to prevent it from outsmiting Smite at rank one."

• Orianna now has a Ball leash range indicator when it's attached to an allied champion.
  • Riven has a new splash art.
  • Shyvana changes, and plenty of them. All Fury of the Dragonborn effects have been moved to their respective skills; her new passive grants bonus Armor and Magic Resist (based on level), that bonus being doubled in dragon form. Her Fury gain increases with each rank of Dragon's Descent, which now sees lower mana decay, meaning it can last longer. Lastly, Flame Breath has been remade.

"We're repositioning Flame Breath as a core tool for objective control and faster jungle clear, while also emphasizing its use as a “burn down” ability to be followed up with auto attacks against tankier fighters. We've also fixed a long-standing bug with Shyvana's Burnout where it wasn't scaling with attack damage while in Dragon form. This fix - along with her increased fury gains and reduced fury decay – will help her in late game teamfights. Lastly, we've moved the descriptions of her previous passive effects to their new ability tooltips to help centralize information."

• Ziggs's Satchel Charge got generous overall improvements.

"We wanted to make it easier and more rewarding for Ziggs to use Satchel Charge offensively, whether by detonating it immediately or leaving it as a threat on the battlefield to zone opponents. We also wanted to make Satchel Charge noticeably easier to use for players with moderate to high latency."

Champions - Transformation
These champions no longer apply a stack to Tear of the Goddess when they use their transformation:

• Elise
  • Jayce
  • Nidalee

Champions - Map-Exclusive Balances

"With Patch 3.9, we are setting a new precedent by making separate, map-specific balance changes to certain champions. The intent is not to reach a balancing cadence similar to Summoner's Rift, but to address some egregious balance outliers to improve the overall player experience. In this patch we're toning down Kassadin on Crystal Scar and Singed on Twisted Treeline. If this approach proves successful we'll follow suit with additional tweaks where necessary."

• Singed (in 3v3) saw a nerf in armor per level as well as an increase on the cooldown of Insanity Potion.
  • Kassadin received a nerf to Riftwalk.

Champions - Insignificant Stuff
Small fixes were made to these champions:

• Brand
  • Evelynn
  • Janna
  • Leona
  • Master Yi
  • Morgana
  • Pantheon
  • Riven
  • Shen
  • Swain
  • Thresh
  • Twitch
  • Vayne
  • Veigar
  • Zac

Items

• A number of somewhat small changes were made to wards and vision, namely Oracle's items.

"In order to alleviate some of the gold pressure on supports as they push for vision dominance, we've made some changes to how the Oracle's buff works as well reworked the rewards for killing wards. First off, Oracle's Elixir no longer expires upon death, meaning players can be more aggressive with Oracle's, rather than just passively clear warded areas they know to be safe. Secondly, the gold from destroying a ward is now distributed between both the player who kills the ward AND the player who, whether through Oracle's or placing Vision wards, granted vision on that ward."

• Tear of the Goddess, Archangel's Staff and Manamune saw nerfs in their mana stacking capabilities; however, Archangel's Staff now grants more mana per stack. This doesn't apply to the Dominion versions of these items.

"Tear of the Goddess and Manamune were stacking up far too quickly given their low cost, so we've increased the cooldown per charge. On the other hand, Archangel's Staff is a top tier item and requires a higher gold investment, so we wanted to reward players who choose to invest in charging their Archangel's Staff faster."

• The Black Cleaver can no longer apply more than one stack of Armor Shred per basic attack. This mainly applies to things like Jarvan IV's Martial Cadence and Nasus's Siphoning Strike.
  • Maw of Malmortius has been buffed significantly. Its AD and MR increases have both been improved, and the passive now caps at +35 Attack Damage but will scale with every 2% of missing health (compared to 2.5%).

"We've made Maw of Malmortius' passive bonus easier to understand at a glance. Now Maw will grant its maximum AD when the shield procs, so players will know exactly when they're at peak power."

• UNIQUE Passive: Stasis (Wooglet's Witchcap, Zhonya's Hourglass) has received minor fixes.

New item
The Orb of Winter is a new item on the Howling Abyss. It is built with two Rejuvenation Beads and a Negatron Cloak, for a total price of 2080 (recipe cost: 900). It will have a unique passive that grants a shield blocking damage, that refreshes over a short time.

• IMO, this looks like an ARAM alternative to the good ol' Force of Nature.

Death streaks
Players now gain more gold upon killing someone who has died a lot. This, as far as I can tell, is a step to discourage the Proxy Singed gameplay, but it's also to keep players from purposely getting executed to give the opponent less gold upon dying.

"We've made some changes to death streaks in order to address strategies where repeatedly dying to lower your kill bounty could be used to gain an advantage. We know this may affect games where people are not intentionally dying, and we'll continue to monitor this."

Other Stuff

• Some performance improvements and bug fixes within the game itself.
  • There is an option to spectate players in the Challenger tier in the options menu.
  • When looking at a team, you'll now see the team's top players.
  • Upon the loading screen, the ping of other summoners has been replaced with their summoner icon. In addition, the loading bar is no longer there; only a percentage.
  • The rune page has been significantly reworked. It's best to check out the changes for yourself post-patch.
  • Smartcasting has been fixed a bit; you will cast the spell on key press rather than key release.
  • The PVP.net client's window size is now a fixed size rather than fixing itself to the ratio of your screen.
  • You are able to disable Logitech hardware support by adding "LogitechSupport=0" to the general section of the game.cfg file.

That's it! Nothing new in this patch...Okay, I shouldn't say that. Spirit Guard Udyr's out this patch, which is swish. Too bad I won't be able to buy him unless I save up some money...in any case, back to whatever I did when patch 3.8 came out...play a crap ton of Aatrox jungle, or something like that.

I'm ready for Lucian to come out, to be honest.

I just want to get Piltover Customs Blitzcrank and go pull off Drive-Bys in League ghetto style. Shit would be great.

Hopefully it's next month.

On the buffs/Nerfs outside of Jayce. Draven seems way more of a snowball champion. Which could lead to getting builds way faster and super happy Draven time.

Ziggs being buffed makes me want to play him even more. Seems super fun to play as. Nothing else really since I never did the wall jumps with Naut. But yeah, don't bring on the patches! Too bad I will never find out who lives in space anymore. ;__: