Hello Everyone. I've had this team for a while, and I was wondering how I could(obviously) improve upon it. I am not that good of a team builder, so criticism is welcome(and wanted). I mainly don't know what to put into the Quagsire spot, as I want to counter water types there, but Quag somehow joined(not that I mind)

The team is: Garchomp, Tyranitar, Excadrill, Volcorona, Starmie, Quagsire

Garchomp

Spoiler

Solaris (Garchomp) (M) @ Garchompite  
Ability: Rough Skin  
Shiny: Yes  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Swords Dance  
- Earthquake  
- Dragon Claw  
- Fire Fang

This Garchomp is a setup physical sweeper under Sand and has a beastly attack stat under it. Fire Fang is to counter pesky ice types and Skarmory. Dragon Claw and Earthquake are stabs used for high damage output. Jolly Nature is for the added speed, which is more important then boosting an already mosterous(under sand) attack stat. Garchomp lacks a way to effectivly deal with faires and ice types by itself. 

Tyranitar

Spoiler

Malchite (Tyranitar) @ Smooth Rock  
Ability: Sand Stream  
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Rock Slide  
- Pursuit  
- Stealth Rock  
- Fire Punch

Tyranitar is a key componet to the team by providing an 8 turn Sandstorm upon Entry. It is often used as a sandstorm/stealth rock setter lead for the two sand sweepers on the team. Pursuit is useful as a way to counter switches and deals decent damage as a stab  move coming off a high attack stat, despite it's low base power. Rockslide is a powerful stab attack that hurt flying types and deals damage in general. Fire punch is used to counter bug and grass types, but more importantly, steel types. 

Excadrill

Spoiler

Vladimir (Excadrill) (M) @ Life Orb  
Ability: Sand Rush  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Swords Dance  
- Iron Head  
- Rock Slide  
- Earthquake

Excadrill, Excadrill, Excadrill. This guy is a monster under sandstorm due to sandrush, which boosts his speed to scarry heights. Swords Dance is used to boost it's attack stat even more, although it is sometimes ignored due to the duration of the sandstorm. Iron head is a powerful stab move which counters faires that Garchomp can't effectivly counter, and the ice types that Garchomp's fire fang won't kill. Earthquake is a powerful stab and counter's a multitude of types. Rockslide prevents flying types from safely coming in on Excadrill

Volcorona

Spoiler

Clover (Volcarona) (F) @ Charti Berry  
Ability: Flame Body  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Quiver Dance  
- Giga Drain  
- Bug Buzz  
- Fiery Dance

Volcorona is the main special sweeper on the team and is a threat after sucessfully putting up a Quiver Dance. Giga drain provides a form of recovery for the firebug and can counter water ground and rock, all three of which are super effecctive on Volc. Bug Buzz is a stab bug move capable of dealing with dark and psychics. The last move, fiery dance, was chosen over Fire Blast due to PP and the 5-% chance to boost Volc's SPatk. This is occasionally used before quiver dance to prevent Volc from being K'O'd right away by steel types, but also potentially buff Volc. 

Starmie

Spoiler

Jester (Starmie) @ Life Orb  
Ability: Analytic  
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Psyshock  
- Ice Beam  
- Hydro Pump  
- Thunderbolt

Starmie is the backup special sweeper and is equiped to counter a vast deal of types. It holds super effective moves against types that the other members can't completely counter. Psyshock is used to counter Poison types and (more importantly) fighting types which hold an advantage over Tyranitar and Excadrill. Ice beam is used to counter Grass types, flying types, ground types. Thunderbolt is a necessity as it counters the water types this team struggles to counter. Hydro Pump is a strong stab which counters Ground types.  

Quagsire

Spoiler

Smugster (Quagsire) @ Rocky Helmet  
Ability: Unaware  
EVs: 170 HP / 169 Def / 169 SpD  
Calm Nature  
- Infestation  
- Toxic  
- Recover  
- Stockpile

This spot is a filler for now, but Quagsire is a strong stalling teamember due to its ability in Unaware. Rocky Helmet is used to deter physical attackers, while Stockpile can quickly raise Quagsire's defenses. Recover allows the wall to stall effectively, while Infestation is mainly there to prevent Taunt and to lock opponents into an unfortunate match up. Idealy, Quag should be replaced with a water type counter. 

Edited by DigitalAmber

7 minutes ago, DigitalAmber said:

Hello Everyone. I've had this team for a while, and I was wondering how I could(obviously) improve upon it. I am not that good of a team builder, so criticism is welcome(and wanted). I mainly don't know what to put into the Quagsire spot, as I want to counter water types there, but Quag somehow joined(not that I mind)

The team is: Garchomp, Tyranitar, Excadrill, Volcorona, Starmie, Quagsire

Garchomp

Reveal hidden contents

Solaris (Garchomp) (M) @ Garchompite  
Ability: Rough Skin  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Swords Dance  
- Earthquake  
- Dragon Claw  
- Fire Fang

This Garchomp is a setup physical sweeper under Sand and has a beastly attack stat under it. Fire Fang is to counter pesky ice types and Skarmory. Dragon Claw and Earthquake are stabs used for high damage output. Jolly Nature is for the added speed, which is more important then boosting an already mosterous(under sand) attack stat. Garchomp lacks a way to effectivly deal with faires and ice types by itself. 

Tyranitar

Reveal hidden contents

Malchite (Tyranitar) @ Smooth Rock  
Ability: Sand Stream  
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Rock Slide  
- Pursuit  
- Stealth Rock  
- Fire Punch

Tyranitar is a key componet to the team by providing an 8 turn Sandstorm upon Entry. It is often used as a sandstorm/stealth rock setter lead for the two sand sweepers on the team. Pursuit is useful as a way to counter switches and deals decent damage as a stab  move coming off a high attack stat, despite it's low base power. Rockslide is a powerful stab attack that hurt flying types and deals damage in general. Fire punch is used to counter bug and grass types, but more importantly, steel types. 

Excadrill

Reveal hidden contents

Vladimir (Excadrill) (M) @ Life Orb  
Ability: Sand Rush  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Swords Dance  
- Iron Head  
- Rock Slide  
- Earthquake

Excadrill, Excadrill, Excadrill. This guy is a monster under sandstorm due to sandrush, which boosts his speed to scarry heights. Swords Dance is used to boost it's attack stat even more, although it is sometimes ignored due to the duration of the sandstorm. Iron head is a powerful stab move which counters faires that Garchomp can't effectivly counter, and the ice types that Garchomp's fire punch won't kill. Earthquake is a powerful stab and counter's a multitude of types. Rockslide prevents flying types from safely coming in on Excadrill

Volcorona

Reveal hidden contents

Clover (Volcarona) (F) @ Charti Berry  
Ability: Flame Body  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Quiver Dance  
- Giga Drain  
- Bug Buzz  
- Fiery Dance

Volcorona is the main special sweeper on the team and is a threat after sucessfully putting up a Quiver Dance. Giga drain provides a form of recovery for the firebug and can counter water ground and rock, all three of which are super effecctive on Volc. Bug Buzz is a stab bug move capable of dealing with dark and psychics. The last move, fiery dance, was chosen over Fire Blast due to PP and the 5-% chance to boost Volc's SPatk. This is occasionally used before quiver dance to prevent Volc from being K'O'd right away by steel types, but also potentially buff Volc. 

Starmie

Reveal hidden contents

Jester (Starmie) @ Life Orb  
Ability: Analytic  
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Psyshock  
- Ice Beam  
- Hydro Pump  
- Thunderbolt

Starmie is the backup special sweeper and is equiped to counter a vast deal of types. It holds super effective moves against types that the other members can't completely counter. Psyshock is used to counter Poison types and (more importantly) fighting types which hold an advantage over Tyranitar and Excadrill. Ice beam is used to counter Grass types, flying types, ground types. Thunderbolt is a necessity as it counters the water types this team struggles to counter. Hydro Pump is a strong stab which counters Ground types.  

Quagsire

Reveal hidden contents

Smugster (Quagsire) @ Rocky Helmet  
Ability: Unaware  
EVs: 170 HP / 169 Def / 169 SpD  
Calm Nature  
- Infestation  
- Toxic  
- Recover  
- Stockpile

This spot is a filler for now, but Quagsire is a strong stalling teamember due to its ability in Unaware. Rocky Helmet is used to deter physical attackers, while Stockpile can quickly raise Quagsire's defenses. Recover allows the wall to stall effectively, while Infestation is mainly there to prevent Taunt and to lock opponents into an unfortunate match up. Idealy, Quag should be replaced with a water type counter. 

a little bit of nitpicking could say but also got a suggestion too for your water counter, supposed suggestion first:

Ferrothorn @Rocky Helmet
Ability: Anticipation

EVs: 192 HP, 252 Atk, 60 Def OR 192 Sp Def, 252 Atk, 60 HP

Nature: Relaxed, Sassy or Brave (Relaxed for Defence+ Speed -, Brave for Atk+ Speed -, Sassy for Sp Def +, Speed -)

IVs: 0 Speed

Moves: Gyro Ball, Power Whip, Leech Seed/Ingrain, Toxic/Iron Defence/Curse

Reason: Most would probably opt for Iron Barbs+Rocky Helmet and use it as a switch in to take contact physical moves and really put a hurting on the opponent's pokemon, but with this setup what you have is an early warning if the opponent has a Fire Type or Fighting Type move as these are pretty much the only things that will ring alarm bells for Ferrothorn and based on the pokemon might be predictable what they have allowing for an appropriate switch if nessecary, Gyro Ball works well with Ferrothorn's naturally low speed and the nature is to support this as much as possible while allowing room to opt for an increased defensive Ferrothorn which boasts considerable defence ability's already or an increase attack one for maximising the damage of Gyro Ball with a strong physical Grass move for them water types, he naturally will gain Sp Def boost as a Steel type in a sand storm which works for your team.

If you chose to go with a Sassy, the most likely ideal choice in this case due to no one really being crazy enough to attack it physically if they have a choice you can then improve the sacrificed defence or atk boosting nature with Curse which does what they both do and works with Gyro Ball effectively making you even slower but your atk and def higher a perfect move IMO for a Ferrothorn.

Nitpicking time :P :

Under the Excadrill spoiler, I didn't know your Garchomp knew fire PUNCH, now either you meant Fire Fang or you intended to say Tyranitar. (not to mention Garchomp can learn Iron Head if you was suggesting he can't learn it or other super effective moves on Fairies which would deal with his Ice type and Fairy type weaknesses but might just have meant his current moveset)

Probably not nitpicking but how does a Starmie fit the theme of Dry Sand or is it just a Wild Card for lots of coverage?

Starmie’s more of a wild card that can counter some of my threats. Also, only rock gets that boosted spdef, not Steel. I’m pretty uncreative with names, so the title might not fit too well. I mean fire fang by the way, not punch. Thanks for pointing It out. 

Just now, DigitalAmber said:

Starmie’s more of a wild card that can counter some of my threats. Also, only rock gets that boosted spdef, not Steel. I’m pretty uncreative with names, so the title might not fit too well. I mean fire fang by the way, not punch. Thanks for pointing It out. 

oh right well even then the SP Def is admirable on Ferrothorn so it's still an option making physical attacks hit soft or backfire with the emphasis on raising atk/def while the sp def is raised to a natural high to handle the opposite end

So, sand sweeps it is?

Garchomp: Good set. I prefer normal Chomp for the little extra speed and the ability to have a hold item (such as Choice Scarf), but what you have works.

Tyranitar: I'd put Stone Edge over Rock Slide, and I feel that Earthquake is overall better than Fire Punch.

Excadrill: 10/10 love Excadrill.

Volcarona: Your loadout for it looks perfect but I'm not entirely sure how it fits to your whole sand team.

Starmie: Same as Volcarona.

Quagsire: You think Scald over Infestation and Leftovers over Rocky Helm would work?

You know, If your looking for a good special sweeper/wall breaker to replace Starmie, Magnezone would do well.

Magnezone @Electrium Z/Steelium Z/Choice Scarf

Ability: Magnet Pull

Nature: Timid (Choice Scarf) /Modest (Z-Crystal)

Evs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe

Moves:     Thunderbolt     Flash Cannon      HP Fire     Volt Switch

Choice Scarf allows Magnezone to outspeed many threats and can dispose of just about any steel type you come across. Electrium/Steelium Z allows Magnezone to pull off a one time nuke with its already monstrous SpA if you need a Z crystal user.

I also second the Ferrothorn moveset above in place of Quagsire.

Magnezone. Trust me it's real mvp in Reborn ;) Ferrothorn and Steelix are also nice choice.

Also you may add Swampert, same typing but Swampert it's just better.

If you don't have a Mudkip I can trade you one ;)

Edited by Sayia

Is this for ingame or for competitive? Cause this section is for competitive RMT and judging by the fact you have unreleased mega and moves I assume is for competitive and I'll rate accordingly!

So first things first, team gets steamrolled by Ash-Greninja and Hawlucha and can't deal almost at all against Rotom-W. Bulky Grass types such as Ferrothorn, Tangrowth and M-Venusaur are also annoying with rocks up since Volcarona is your only way to deal with them. Z-move Kartana can also easily sweep you and Tapu Bulu can have a field day against the team. Celesteela, Landorus-T and Zapdos can pivot around the team quite easily and chip away the team and M-Medicham just clicks buttons against. Last but certanily not the least, you have Volcarona and no way to remove hazzards! Once rocks are up it's gg!

On the sets themselves:
Fire Fang on M-Garchomp is not the best choice. Fire Blast even with a negative Sp. Attack nature hits harder Celesteela, Skarmory and Ferrothorn without SD and at +2 Attack in the Sand Stone Edge hits Celesteela and Skarm as hard as Fire Fang while EQ OHKOs Ferro. Use Fire Fang only on regular Chomp with SD and Firium-Z.

Ttar is fine but I would test Ice Punch over Fire Punch to hit Lando and Zygarde on the switch if really in need. EQ is also an option to hit Magearna

Sand Rush Excadrill is weak without a Z-move this gen. Steelium-Z is usually what works best although it still struggles in the current meta.

Volcarona is fine but if you don't want to make Exca your Z-move user, you should Definately make Volc. Shatter Psyche with Psychic lets Volc to hit Toxapex that walls you and Hazes boosts while Savage Spin Out gives a great STAB nuke against Bulky mons.

Starmie should have been your Rapid Spinner to help you get rid of Stealth Rocks so Volcarona can have an easier life to sweep. I would get rid of Thunderbolt since the only pokemon that hits in OU harder than your other moves is Peliper and Greninja/M-Gyarados (Gren outspeeds and kills you either way and M-Gyara eats Tbolt easily and either sets up DD or OHKOs with Crunch)

I don't want to sound harsh, but that Quagsire set is bad! Like really bad! First of all the EVs are not placed correct. 170 HP wastes 2 EV points and 169 wastes 1 point (so it's 2 more points wasted for both defenses). Also mixed defenses don't work for Quag since it mostly wants max physical defense to deal with physical atackers. Also it doesn't provide anything special for the team outside of stalling your own sand turns. Having a stall mon in an offensive team like this just doesn't work.

Suggestions:
Personally I would replace Starmie for Defog Rotom-W. It gives you hazzard removal, a ground immunity since the whole team is grounded and a good pivot with Volt Switch. For last slot you could put Scarf Lele. Psychic Terrain can boost Volc's Psychic so you won't need Psychium-Z on it, protects Excadrill from priority moves like Mach Punch and Water Shuriken and is another fast mon to revenge kill pokemon like Ash-Greninja and M-Loppuny without needing sand to be up.