Charolette fight

SYLIIC

So I finally got to the part where i left off in a past save file and I have two RDers, but I was also wondering if quash was also a good move for Charolette, and/or check if my team is solid against her. Im trying to lower their accuracy with water moves so I can potentially avoid some much more damaging moves.
My team for her consists of:

Aggron       (might change to lycanroc midday)
 -Heavymetal
    -Heavy slam
    -Rock slide (pray for flinch)
    -Iron head
    -Iron tail
Empoleon
  -Torrent
     -Surf
     -Rain dance
     -Icy wind (lowers speed just in case)
     -Metal Claw
Wishiwashi
  -Schooling
     -Rain dance
     -soak 
     -surf
     -hydro pump
Noivern
  -Telepathy
     -Hurricane (RD ensures it always hits)
     -Airslash 
     -Boomburst (normal type so not much damage to steel ally + hits hard singles/multiple in doubles)
     -Tailwind (speed team up) 
Sharpedo
  -Speedboost
     -Aquajet (KO weak opponents + priority)
     -Crunch
     -Poison Fang ( incase i have to stall for some reason)
     -Ice fang
Typhlosion
  -flashfire
     -Lava plume
     -Sunny day (rainbow effect if i have to change a party member for clefable for more bulk)
     -extrasensory (for confusion and KOing low health pokes)
     -Flamethrower

my reserves are:
Serperior, arcaine, arbok, sylveon, clefable, meowstic braviary, gardevior, spheal, rockruff (will be md lycan), hawlucha, onix, houndoom, A. geodude, and scrafty.
anything I can do with these? thought about soak+leafstorm contrary sweep, but im afraid my serperior would be instantly KO'd, even with no STAB and rain up from her mons. I could use the accuracy drop to my advantage but im afraid i wont be able to drop the accuracy enough before my mons get KO'd.

Her field nerfs surf by 0.9 and then by 0.5, so it won't be doing too much damage. If that spheal is thick fat then you might be able to destroy the field using blizzard, which will probably help a lot.

In my experience another thing that works very well against Charlotte is flash fire typhlosion (even better with eruption via move relearner), so instead of trying to change her field you can also first defeat her typhlosion and then sweep with yours.

Rain Dance obviously softens up her field but you can always use Soak on as many of her pokemon as you can if ya wanna take away their STAB and turn the field on them by then setting it into burning field so they take damage from it too, it should at least soften their hits up a tad more, rock slide definitely good damage on them, one option would be lead Noivern and Typhlosion with Tail Wind and Lava Plume though I think boom burst might be useful if a rain dance sunny day combo triggers rainbow field effect but either way Alolan Geodude is levelled up with Galvanise could easily do some nice electric damage to Soak'd mons with explosion or have Sturdy and try rock slide or some such if it's available to it.

35 minutes ago, walpurgis said:

Her field nerfs surf by 0.9 and then by 0.5, so it won't be doing too much damage. If that spheal is thick fat then you might be able to destroy the field using blizzard, which will probably help a lot.

In my experience another thing that works very well against Charlotte is flash fire typhlosion (even better with eruption via move relearner), so instead of trying to change her field you can also first defeat her typhlosion and then sweep with yours.

Alrighty, it's actually ice body, but I have a few ability capsules. So should I replace sharpedo or epoleon with spheal/walrien?
and I don't have eruption and frankly don't feel like making the trek back to agate circus.

1 minute ago, Lord Drakyle said:

Rain Dance obviously softens up her field but you can always use Soak on as many of her pokemon as you can if ya wanna take away their STAB and turn the field on them by then setting it into burning field so they take damage from it too, it should at least soften their hits up a tad more, rock slide definitely good damage on them, one option would be lead Noivern and Typhlosion with Tail Wind and Lava Plume though I think boom burst might be useful if a rain dance sunny day combo triggers rainbow field effect but either way Alolan Geodude is levelled up with Galvanise could easily do some nice electric damage to Soak'd mons with explosion or have Sturdy and try rock slide or some such if it's available to it.

I'll try these out and see what works. I think the most solid out of these is galvanise+soak, but i'll try the rainbow+boomburst first.

I'd go with the whole Rain Dance thing. I think I used Pelipper and Greninja for that battle. Drizzle (instant Rain Dance) leaves Charlotte unable to do just about anything and double surfs up!

1 minute ago, SYLIIC said:

Alrighty, it's actually ice body, but I have a few ability capsules. So should I replace sharpedo or epoleon with spheal/walrien?
and I don't have eruption and frankly don't feel like making the trek back to agate circus.

If you plan on freezing the field, I'd recommend swapping Typhlosion out. Using Typhlosion on a frozen field would just be detrimental.

3 minutes ago, SYLIIC said:

I'm not really sure, but I personally would replace sharpedo since it doesn't have a strong water attack and it will get taken out by energy ball and other coverage moves very easily

1 minute ago, walpurgis said:

I'm not really sure, but I personally would replace sharpedo since it doesn't have a strong water attack and it will get taken out by energy ball and other coverage moves very easily

okay, it was a difficult call for me too, because im pretty sure empleon takes neutral damage while sharpedo resists.

11 minutes ago, SYLIIC said:

okay, it was a difficult call for me too, because im pretty sure empleon takes neutral damage while sharpedo resists.

yeah, but empoleon has much better defenses too, so it should take the fire hits around as well as sharpedo would

@Dragoknight I think the field is annulated, not frozen, but if it's frozen then you're right, typhlosion wouldn't do much

Edited by walpurgis

24 minutes ago, walpurgis said:

@Dragoknight I think the field is annulated, not frozen, but if it's frozen then you're right, typhlosion wouldn't do much

Oh, my bad! You're right, I was thinking it was like Water Surface.

@SYLIIC, scratch that last one. Typhlosion could work out for you, especially if you go for Rainbow Boomburst. I'd swap out Sharpedo for the soon to be Walrein instead because of what Walpurgis said.

Just now, Dragoknight said:

Oh, my bad! You're right, I was thinking it was like Water Surface.

@SYLIIC, scratch that last one. Typhlosion could work out for you, especially if you go for Rainbow Boomburst. I'd swap out Sharpedo for the soon to be Walrein instead because of what Walpurgis said.

Alrighty, I was thinking that sounded weird but I didn't know too much so I didn't question it. 

Just now, SYLIIC said:

Alrighty, I was thinking that sounded weird but I didn't know too much so I didn't question it. 

Kinda, but if I remember correctly, Charlotte has quite a bit of grass coverage moves that would only be neutral on Empoleon, plus Empoleon has a significantly more bulk than Sharpedo.

And in most cases having a 'mon with some bulk take a move is better than hoping your opponent doesn't have anything that can hit neutral/super.