Professor Hurt and heal

Wolfox

22 minutes ago, Jess said:

Titania? WIN the hurt/heal of Reborn characters? That bitch deserves to go down even before fucking Fern!

I'm detecting a high degree of animosity towards Titania. Sure, she is a bitch, but she's a likable bitch. Considering the whole cast of characters, she's actually one of the most level-headed, up there with Ramodus.

But lets be real. Victoria's the worst character in Reborn. Yes, worse than Corey.

23 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

I mean for each of the ones I've done my favorite has lost

Yeah.... Why must everything we know and love die?

Cal's definitely one of my favourite characters so I'd root for him.

Forget who wins though. I don't think I could ever forgive any monster that would dare hurt Shelly.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Dragoknight said:

I'm detecting a high degree of animosity towards Titania. Sure, she is a bitch, but she's a likable bitch.

She murders even defenseless grunts who show zero hostility and pose no threat. Likeable? Not one bit.

Victoria pre-Kiki's death is bad. Victoria post Kiki's death is amazing.

4 minutes ago, Dragoknight said:

she's actually one of the most level-headed

And one of the few I feel we can actually trust and rely on.

@Jess Team Meteor has killed and hurt a lot of people. Anyone who associates knowingly and willingly with them and actively helps them isn't deserving of compassion and must be stopped. 

I would argue that Victoria is one of my favorite's in the game. She goes through quite a bit and it easily shows. after Kiki dies you can already see how it affects her. then when you meet up with her again and she just knocks that grunt out cold for just mentioning Kiki's name... Development out the ass.

6 minutes ago, walpurgis said:

@Jess Team Meteor has killed and hurt a lot of people. Anyone who associates knowingly and willingly with them and actively helps them isn't deserving of compassion and must be stopped. 

Stopped, yes, killed, no.

Aster and Eclipse's backstory teaches us that they are human beings too. And mostly joined due to circumstances in their lives. ZEL's backstory too. Taka's backstory too. Even El's and Solaris', if you've read El's diary.

But Titania is a brutal murderer. Get on her bad side, she murders you too. Nope, she can fuck off, frankly.

4 minutes ago, Jess said:

Aster and Eclipse's backstory teaches us that they are human beings too. And mostly joined due to circumstances in their lives. ZEL's backstory too. Taka's backstory too. Even El's and Solaris', if you've read El's diary.

But Titania is a brutal murderer. Get on her bad side, she murders you too. Nope, she can fuck off, frankly.

El and Solaris aren't any better than her, the contrary. You just empathize more with the four people Titania kills because you see her directly do it. I don't totally support that part of her character, killing those meteor grunts isn't necessary and she shouldn't have done it, but I just don't see it as such a terrible action. She is on edge, she had to jump off a waterfall to make sure that her best friend doesn't die and has been trapped for a prolonged amount of time (probably a couple of days) without food and probably without sleep. I don't think she would have killed those grunts in a normal situation. 

16 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

I would argue that Victoria is one of my favorite's in the game. She goes through quite a bit and it easily shows. after Kiki dies you can already see how it affects her. then when you meet up with her again and she just knocks that grunt out cold for just mentioning Kiki's name... Development out the ass.

Don't even get me started on her. There are several reasons why I hate her (mostly the inability for her to think rationally throughout most of the time spent with her), but to put it simply, I just find Victoria's character as a whole to be an impediment to progress and an overall annoyance.

15 minutes ago, Jess said:

The actions of all of those characters you mentioned lead to the deaths of many. The simple fact is that human nature is capable of cruel things. Now, these "circumstances" that lead each of these characters may all be quite different and justifiable in their own right, but they still carried out those actions. Titania is no different. It simply took the kidnapping of a loved one to turn her into the murderer. Simply saying "getting on her bad side" doesn't nearly do it justice.

To say what one does is right, and another wrong is just ignorant.

Oak: 13

Elm: 13

Birch: 6
Rowan: 25

Juniper: 19

Sycamore: 19

Kukui: 21

as much as I dislike Birch as well, I still can't dislike him more than Oak. He's hyped up to be the "best" professor for making the Pokédex. But he really half-assed it at best (Insurgence is more finished than Oak's Pokédex. That's how bad it is). Not remembering the name of your own fucking grandson... at least Birch remembers May's name. Elm never knew Silver, so that's normal for him to not know his name. Rowan has never spoken to Barry or the player, so again it's normal. Juniper never spoke to Hugh but is decently acquainted in her hometown, Sycamore knows all the names without having any relation to them and Kukui never mentioned Hau so we can't judge if he knew Hau before or not. And that's only talking about the Rival naming. Rowan talks smack on team Galactic after they lose their temper after he talked to the player while mugging him. Kukui almost got to get work done on Team Skull. Juniper is invested in the story (not too much, but more than most). Sycamore...? Elm lets you know about the Radio Tower. Birtch...? But Oak never tells you SHIT outside of telling you to fuck off into Kanto after he gives you the dex (in gen 1 he doesn't even give you Pokéballs). Even Alolan Oak does more than Samuel ever did.

10 minutes ago, walpurgis said:

El and Solaris aren't any better than her, the contrary. You just empathize more with the four people Titania kills because you see her directly do it. I don't totally support that part of her character, killing those meteor grunts isn't necessary and she shouldn't have done it, but I just don't see it as such a terrible action. She is on edge, she had to jump off a waterfall to make sure that her best friend doesn't die and has been trapped for a prolonged amount of time (probably a couple of days) without food and probably without sleep. I don't think she would have killed those grunts in a normal situation. 

I think she would, but never mind... My opinion, I won't stop despising her.

3 minutes ago, Dragoknight said:

The actions of all of those characters you mentioned lead to the deaths of many. The simple fact is that human nature is capable of cruel things. Now, these "circumstances" that lead each of these characters may all be quite different and justifiable in their own right, but they still carried out those actions. Titania is no different. It simply took the kidnapping of a loved one to turn her into the murderer. Simply saying "getting on her bad side" doesn't nearly do it justice.

To say what one does is right, and another wrong is just ignorant.

Titania is another murderer. There isn't a better murderer and a worse murderer. They are equally bad. Nothing justifies taking the life of another human, unless you're in self-defense. Also, what kidnapping? LOL, Taka treated Amaria's wounds after saving her from her SUICIDE ATTEMPT! And Titania's thank you was murdering everyone and costing Taka his life in Reshiram Route. She's just a bitch. I really do hope Ame kills her in one of the next episodes.

2 minutes ago, Jess said:

I really do hope Ame kills her in one of the next episodes.

I would agree. but that would mean another Steel Type gym battle because the Badge would no longer be valid. and I'm not a fan of those (3 guesses why)

1 minute ago, Wolfox said:

I would agree. but that would mean another Steel Type gym battle because the Badge would no longer be valid. and I'm not a fan of those (3 guesses why)

As someone who faced Cal AND Charlotte in a Bug monotype, I can't say I don't understand you. Keep Ciel alive at all costs!

27 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

But Oak never tells you SHIT outside of telling you to fuck off into Kanto after he gives you the dex (in gen 1 he doesn't even give you Pokéballs). Even Alolan Oak does more than Samuel ever did.

And possibly fuck your mom too.

jk that's actually a very well though out argument as to  which professors you like and why.

25 minutes ago, Jess said:

Titania is another murderer. There isn't a better murderer and a worse murderer. They are equally bad. Nothing justifies taking the life of another human, unless you're in self-defense. Also, what kidnapping? LOL, Taka treated Amaria's wounds after saving her from her SUICIDE ATTEMPT! And Titania's thank you was murdering everyone and costing Taka his life in Reshiram Route. She's just a bitch. I really do hope Ame kills her in one of the next episodes.

And Titania knew this how? Her lover just attempted suicide, and after diving down a waterfall and being trapped in an unknown area for days on end without food or water and probably not any sleep, you expect her to say "Oh, okay. Thanks for taking care of Amaria. I'm gonna go leave now."

If I was in that situation I would of murdered any Team Meteor grunt who had the misfortune to be in my sight.

And to say "there isn't a better murderer and a worse murderer," is an incredibly ignorant statement. Is having the life of the one you care for in potential danger not a justifiable reason for murder? What is? I'm not saying it's right, but clearly humans aren't perfect.

I'm not saying you have to like Titania. No, far from it. What I'm saying is that Titania is as much of a character as all the ones you previously mentioned.

And saying that Titania is at fault for Taka's death may be true, but that was not the intent. As severe as it may be, she did what she did in order to end Lin. If anyone is to blame for Taka's untimely demise, it's Lin.

p.s. sorry for the long rant

Edited by Dragoknight

4 minutes ago, Dragoknight said:

And to say "there isn't a better murderer and a worse murderer," is an incredibly ignorant statement.

It isn't. I don't particularly enjoy getting called names (e.g. ignorant) while I'm just stating my opinion too.

I said, no human has the right to kill any human, unless in self-defense. Don't pick a part of my words to comment on.

Now, even if Titania idn't know about Taka's intentions, tell me how killing all those grunts by Titania was necessary/self-defense. She overpowered them with her Aegislash being about 30 levels higher. Then, she murders them. It's like a police officer arresting someone, then killing him while the criminal is handcuffed. She is an equal criminal to Team Meteor, plus highly volatile and unstable, hence dangerous in my eyes. Hell, if I were Adrienn I'd order to keep her contained in a cell. Besides, the only proof we have that she isn't on Team Meteor's side is her own words saying that she fed false intel to Meteor agents. That could be bait too. And trying to kill Lin could be also bait. If Titania is a secret Meteor, she probably knows everything about Lin's immortality.

I don't trust Titania. I just lied to her every time, telling her that I trust her just to keep a safe distance. Hell, if I were the MC, first mistake she made, SHE would have my sword on her neck.

14 minutes ago, Jess said:

It isn't. I don't particularly enjoy getting called names (e.g. ignorant) while I'm just stating my opinion too.

I said, no human has the right to kill any human, unless in self-defense. Don't pick a part of my words to comment on.

Now, even if Titania idn't know about Taka's intentions, tell me how killing all those grunts by Titania was necessary/self-defense. She overpowered them with her Aegislash being about 30 levels higher. Then, she murders them. It's like a police officer arresting someone, then killing him while the criminal is handcuffed. She is an equal criminal to Team Meteor, plus highly volatile and unstable, hence dangerous in my eyes. Hell, if I were Adrienn I'd order to keep her contained in a cell. Besides, the only proof we have that she isn't on Team Meteor's side is her own words saying that she fed false intel to Meteor agents. That could be bait too. And trying to kill Lin could be also bait. If Titania is a secret Meteor, she probably knows everything about Lin's immortality.

I don't trust Titania. I just lied to her every time, telling her that I trust her just to keep a safe distance. Hell, if I were the MC, first mistake she made, SHE would have my sword on her neck.

Sorry. Didn't mean to name call or anything. Certainly no one should ever have the need to end another's life, and by no means is it right except for some rare and specific reasons. What I'm saying is, what do you feel would be a justifiable reasoning for "self-defense"? I will agree that Titania's actions certainly are rash, but if the only way to protect something you love is to end the life of another, then what would you say? What would be the value of a human life?

p.s. Sorry for the deep philosophical debate. If you want to continue this somewhere else, that's cool.

9 minutes ago, Dragoknight said:

I will agree that Titania's actions certainly are rash, but if the only way to protect something you love is to end the life of another, then what would you say? What would be the value of a human life?

My last words will be these:

Titania didn't need to kill the grunts, even if Amaria's life was indeed at stake. They were so weak compared to her that she could've tied them up/confiscated their 'mons and have them waiting in one corner to get arrested. That's why, killing them is far from the only way to protect someone she loved. Also, killing them after rendering their team unable to fight back didn't bring her any closer to Amaria. It did the opposite, I'd say. So, conclusion is that she only did it to satisfy her primal urges (i.e. anger took over). She isn't only rash, she gets too blinded by her anger, and this is a double edged sword (pun intended). I'd never pick her as an ally, knowing she can turn her back to me at any time (she says so herself).

Unless she proves she can control herself, I'd get her a nice cage in Reborn prison.

1 minute ago, Jess said:

My last words will be these:

Titania didn't need to kill the grunts, even if Amaria's risk was indeed at stake. They were so weak compared to her that she could've tied them up/confiscated their 'mons and have them waited in one corner to get arrested. That's why, killing them is far from the only way to protect someone she loved. Also, killing them after rendering their team unable to fight back didn't bring her any closer to Amaria. It did the opposite, I'd say. So, conclusion is that she only did it to satisfy her primal urges (e.g. anger took over). She isn't only rash, she gets too blinded by her anger, and this is a double edged sword (pun intended). I'd never pick her as an ally, knowing she can turn her back to me at any time (she says so herself).

Unless she proves she can control herself, I'd get her a nice cage in Reborn prison.

Fair enough. I just wanted to point out that there is more to her character than the demon you made her out to be before. I understand how you feel now. I even agree with you quite a bit. Titania's extremely unstable and really didn't need to kill all those grunts, and I doubt she's the kind of person that I would consider a friend of sorts. Although I don't think she necessarily needs to be locked up in jail......... maybe a psychiatric ward.

A big thank you to the people involved with the spoilers related to gym leaders and the story. There are people who haven't played that far because of life getting in the way.

Oak: 11

Elm: 10

Birch: 7
Rowan: 23

Juniper: 19

Sycamore: 19

Kukui: 19