Duelist of Roses

seki108

7 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

I regret to say that I haven't. It is however on my list of to play's (granted that's a pretty big list)

4 minutes ago, Zarc said:

Haven't played it yet.

If you do play it at some point, it does go by it's own mechanics, though it's simple enough.  Also, it's from the early 2000's, so expect monsters from that era (though many normal monsters have some kind of effect now).  And yes, @Wolfox, Snapesnatch is in the game (and has an effect)

10 minutes ago, FairFamily said:

It is very easy to play and not that difficult to master. There are some things that are unpolished but they are not that bad.

True enough.  I wish it was moddable, like Forbidden Memories, so there could be some variation after all of these years.  Still, it's fun to come back to from time to time and start fresh.

16 minutes ago, seki108 said:

True enough.  I wish it was moddable, like Forbidden Memories, so there could be some variation after all of these years.  Still, it's fun to come back to from time to time and start fresh.

Aggreed although I would keep rocking the dragon deck. I grinded my deck leader to highest rank and would like to keep it.

It's still probably my favorite yugioh game. Weird mashup of turn-based strategy and yugioh that works out way better than I initially expected.

It's not free from flaws though, one of my biggest problems with it was the slot machine thing you used to get cards. It made it far more annoying to make decks than it needed to be.

Just now, Wolfox said:

after doing some research, I found that I can order a copy for around 16 euro's. worth?

Maybe, as long you have a PS2 to run it on (or use emulators that way).  The ISO runs fairly well on a PS2 emulator as well, if you want to try it before you buy it.  I got it new for $30 back in the day, but physical copies would be rarer now.   

Just realize it is more turn-based strategy/rpg than the normal card game......or watch a video on youtube about it.  Unfortunately, hasn't been a Yugioh game like it since, so it's hard to make a direct comparison

still got a PS2, so that's not the issue (also found the new starter deck and link strike structure deck for 13 euro's each on the same site. it's gonna be a pretty big order when the time comes for me to order it)

4 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

still got a PS2, so that's not the issue (also found the new starter deck and link strike structure deck for 13 euro's each on the same site. it's gonna be a pretty big order when the time comes for me to order it)

If you have the money for it, might as well get it I suppose; at the very least, it's turning into a novelty.  If it's a new/unopened copy, you'll even get the 3 (original) magnet warriors as a bonus; do the current games still give you three cards if you order a physical copy?

If it's like Amazon, maybe you'll at least get free shipping for bigger orders.