Pokemon Glory (in development once again)

Swamp King

Hey everyone! Lots of stuff happened during these days but we are back! Couldn't leave this project behind 🙂 Progress might be slow though. But we will definitely put a lot of effort in it.

So, we have been working on some fakemon sprites for the game. Here they are:

Spoiler

image.png.9ecd57c47130642797293cd0ffcbb46d.png

Lycani (the left one): It is a really curious pokemon. If it sees something glowing on the ground, it will pick it up. That's why many detectives use their help to find clues in difficult cases.

Lupus (the right one): It is so fast that it can land 20 punches in the blink of an eye. Its tremendous speed makes it the favorite in pokemon races.

As far as eventing goes, there has been a lot of progress in that part. We are aiming for a release of 3 gyms. But we are not sure when we will be able to have it ready as we don't want to rush things.

Anyway, that's it for today 🙂 We are back in business!

@groniack Totally understand how life can get, sorry I haven't responded until now, I've got my internship so I'm extremely busy as well. So take as much time as you need guys 😄 

As for the new mons (fighting type I presume)

Lycani is quite cute, I love the scruffy appearance.

Lupus feels slightly off to me, I think it could have more shading on its feet and a bit on the collar. I also think the arm on the left looks a little off, maybe make it scruffier like the other one. I love the colour combinations however, the browns and yellows look quite good.

Good luck guys 🙂
Cant wait to play it when you release it

Keep it up 😄 

• Thanks 2

@Felcatty thank you once again for the support 🙂 good luck with your internship as well!

For lupus, my brother told me the same thing about the hand. He says great minds think alike 😉 I will fix those things you mentioned, I agree with all of them. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey again! It has almost been a month since the last update! Time surely flies!

Lately we have been working on eventing mostly. We have reached to a point where we are mostly done with the events for the first release! But that doesn't mean the first episode will be released soon 😞 We have lots of other stuff to complete such us sprititng, balancing the fights, lots of scripting and determining the final effects of the fields.

Would you like it to have fields everywhere? Like in reborn where every forest, cave, mass of water have one? Or do you prefer to have field effects just for the boss and gym battles? We are personally aiming to have as many field effects as possible and being creative as much as we can. But if you like the other option better, please say it 🙂

Bonus sprites:

Spoiler

We didn't have much time to rework some older sprites we promised so I am posting here two fakemon we had already ready!

image.png.c6701cd136f6c80c0e72d674a3c901c8.png

Any opinions on these two would be greatly appreciated!

That's all for now!

• 3 weeks later...

@groniack Sure has been a while, sorry that I haven't replied till now but I've finally finished my internship (so happy X3)

I would love field effects anywhere, bring on the challenge!

Regarding the new mon, I love mythical lores and all that stuff so a minatour is greatly welcome

For some reason I found the red quite bright/too saturated, also I don't know what is up with the black lines along the arms, are the separating the arms and acting like elbow-joints or are they extra fingers (confuzzled), speaking of black lines, they're a bit too much. The collar also looks a little funny, to me it looks like it's creating pit hair ( reading over this, my post is very weird today)

I've done some edits to kinda show what I mean

Spoiler

image_png_c6701cd136f6c80c0e72d674a3c901c8.png.dfdc1a674ee8ea88a773ebe863dbc865.png

1658132564_image2.png.7a8a1ac96570a575da8d805d6ddcabd4.png

I kinda curved the horns as well cause I thought the ones on the minitour were cute/cool

Keep up the great work guys 😄 

• Thanks 1

Woah! Congrats @Felcatty. I am so happy for you 🙂

Thanks for the review! And I have to tell you that the sprite which you posted looks great! It's just how I was planning it to be. I was having some difficulty with connecting the hands with the body and the collar. That's probably why the collar turned out weird (was under the armpits just cover up mistakes lol). Great job on this 🙂 As for the black lines on the hand, they are to separate the palms from the rest of the hand and as you said, to create a joint.

I love it so much more now!!

• Thanks 1

Field effects everywhere is the best go!!!!!!!!! The thrill of difficulty and naturalness------oh that's an english word, never used it in my life.

• 1 month later...

Hey as I promised here we are with the update! This one will be an event pokemon because it is supposed to be really good in game (and I hope it will indeed be).

Here we go! Meet Larvago!

Spoiler

Larvago.png.43dba541c58a2f705194e10d75e4b96e.png

of course this is only the first stage of the really good pokemon I am talking about.

Any sort of feedback is much appreciated!

@Swamp King

Larvago is cute, I really like it. I wanna say it's a ground/grass (mabe bug) type dunno why, probably because it's body looks like it's covered in leaves. To me it looks like a cross between a burmy and a nincada. I like the little smirk it has, I think that's adorable that it's trying to be menacing...ok moving on

I think the colours blend nicely there's nothing much that stands out, you've done a really good job design wise and it's just pleasing to the eyes. The texture and layers of the body are cool which is again why I think it's a grass type, it looks like it has really flowy grassy fur.

I honestly can't really fault it, maybe the head is too straight but for some reason it works for me.

Can't wait to see what it's evolutions look like.

Keep up the awesome work guys ^,^

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Felcatty said:

@Swamp King

Larvago is cute, I really like it. I wanna say it's a ground/grass (mabe bug) type dunno why, probably because it's body looks like it's covered in leaves. To me it looks like a cross between a burmy and a nincada. I like the little smirk it has, I think that's adorable that it's trying to be menacing...ok moving on

I think the colours blend nicely there's nothing much that stands out, you've done a really good job design wise and it's just pleasing to the eyes. The texture and layers of the body are cool which is again why I think it's a grass type, it looks like it has really flowy grassy fur.

I honestly can't really fault it, maybe the head is too straight but for some reason it works for me.

Can't wait to see what it's evolutions look like.

Keep up the awesome work guys ^,^

Hehehe I am glad I fooled you to believe this is a grass type 😄This means I achieved my goal! Since this will be an event pokemon I am thinking of not revealing that much information about it sooo I guess you will eventually learn more about this one in game 😉 (whenever that is 😢 )

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

New update!

There's been quite some time since we updated here ... which is mostly due to the fact that we are quite busy during this period of time.

But even if we are busy, we still find time to invest in our game! It's been over 1 whole year since we created this thread! Having this in mind, we will be generous with our update today!

Spoiler

battlers.png.cca14e73eae10d577b2359888733cdc8.png

Now time to reveal the names of the pokemon!

The big one in the back is called "Possessigrand" and the one that looks like it is its preevolution is called possessino. You can imagine what these two do!

Spoiler

exactly! They possess things, either living or not. You can call them puppet masters!

Moving on we have this brown thing. Its name is Terrany. Weather its name comes from the word terra or a mighty tyrano, it's your guess!

The bird in the middle is called "Papaya". Of course its name is based on a bird called parrot. It is just that this bird loves to eat and especially enjoys eating a specific exotic fruit.

Now last but not least, we have the pokemon called "Leone". These are 2 different forms of this pokemon! It's name is based on a lion!

I hope this update makes up for the lack of content this past month! Expect a new update during the holidays with a bunch of ice types!

@Swamp King

Damn, you guys have outdone yourselves today, let's see...

I love the puppeteer mons, from their designs to their concepts, at the moment I think it's safe to say they are my favourite mons you guys have shown us. I want to say they're a ghost/dark type. I love the wispy smoke that emanates from them, I think that's such a cool little detail, the purple and black colour scheme works really well together as well and the red details don't look out of place. I love that their puppets are just black as well with the red details for the helmets, it does give it a more ghost like presence to them.

The leone are adorable, I'm going to guess that the one on the left is female while the other is male.

Papaya is pretty cool, I love the drool detail and hollow eyes, almost like it's possessed

Terrany looks pretty cool

Honestly, not a lot to criticize, I think I'm just too captivated by the puppet mons

Keep up the great works guys

Probably early but hope you guys have a good Christmas 😄

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Felcatty said:

@Swamp King

Damn, you guys have outdone yourselves today, let's see...

I love the puppeteer mons, from their designs to their concepts, at the moment I think it's safe to say they are my favourite mons you guys have shown us. I want to say they're a ghost/dark type. I love the wispy smoke that emanates from them, I think that's such a cool little detail, the purple and black colour scheme works really well together as well and the red details don't look out of place. I love that their puppets are just black as well with the red details for the helmets, it does give it a more ghost like presence to them.

The leone are adorable, I'm going to guess that the one on the left is female while the other is male.

Papaya is pretty cool, I love the drool detail and hollow eyes, almost like it's possessed

Terrany looks pretty cool

Honestly, not a lot to criticize, I think I'm just too captivated by the puppet mons

Keep up the great works guys

Probably early but hope you guys have a good Christmas 😄

Thanks a lot! I am really happy that you liked them! 

We hope we have another update ready before Christmas. But if we are not able to have it ready in time, I wish you merry Christmas early, too 🙂

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Merry Christmas everyone!! We hope you are having a great time during these holidays!

As we have promised, we did create some ice type pokemon for the game! Without any further ado, let's take a look at them!!

Spoiler

viking.png.65e2827fda4f34449fa1369ae230546e.png

Starting from the left we have Stagnaroc! (We owe you a pre-evolution of this pokemon).   During extreme weather conditions with hailstorms and lightning, they distance themselves from any other companion. They do so in order to protect their companions from the storm because Stagnaroc's antlers are drawing in thunders. When massive amounts of electricity are gathered in its antlers, Stagnaroc gets frenzy for a short amount of time.

The one in the middle and up is called Viking! (Again, we owe you a pre-evolution which will be called Vikid). Viking is a barbaric pokemon always ready to fight and dominate its opponent. It understands the arts of battle really well and has developed great fighting instincts. It is usually described as "The white Conqueror".

Going to the one under it, it is called Snowmanos. They say that if you create a snowman with love and leave it dressed for a night, it will turn into a Snowmanos! These pokemon love to startle unaware humans or pokemon passing by close to them.

And last but not least we have Blizzart, The Hart Pokemon, and its pre-evolution, Cryofawn.

Cryofawns were victims of hunters trying to get their gems from their foreheads. They have become extremely cautious of humans and very little trainers have managed to tame them.

When a Blizzart is seen, it is a sign that winter is coming. They are caring pokemon and have been seen helping other pokemon, or even humans, to find shelter from the cold. 

@Swamp King @groniack

I hope you both had a wonderful Christmas, I know I did so Thank you 😄

Oooo ice types, where to begin?

Viking looks so cool (no pun intended), its shield looks really well done. For some reason it looks a bit off to me but I can't figure out what it is, might be the face, or  the cracks. I don't know why but the eyes don't look like they're the same, that could be due to the colour of the sclera and it's face being very similar in colour though.

Snomanos looks cute...that's it, it's just really cute

DEEEEEERRRRRRR!!!!...

I'm not going to lie, I thought Stagnaroc, Blizzart, and Cryofawn were all in the same evo line. anyway.....

Stagnaroc looks amazing, I love it's antlers, makes it seem like it's an electric type, but it also makes it look very majestic in a way, I think the blues and yellow go quite well together. Only thing I can notice is that there seems to be a white pixel you didn't get rid of on the front leg, while the other one has a 'black rectangle' for the outline, which I know is because of the hind leg overlapping it but it kinda looks weird.

Blizzart and Cryofawn are adorable, with those red noses I am reminded of Rudolph and it's just passed Christmas so yeah, very cute. I don't know why, but I'm drawn to their tails, so fluffy, I thought the purple gems looked a little weird at first but they're growing on me. You guys are doing a really good job with horns/antlers by the way, it's very interesting to see all the different designs you guys come up with. One thing I did notice however is that the third level of shading (on the hind legs) is really saturated and makes it look flat. I'd try to tone down the saturation it's just too bright for the rest of the body/ies.

Other than that, you guys have outdone yourselves again, they look amazing.

Keep up the amazing work 😄

And until next time...

Hope you have a great holiday and a wonderful New Year 🎆🎉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1