Pokemon Empire starter poll

ssbCasper

Which starter would you choose?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. If these were your starter options which would you choose?

• Lillipup
    • Starly
    • Venipede
    • Rockruff
    • Phanpy
    • Magnemite
    • Misdreavous
    • Nidoran
    • Flabebe
    • Vulpix
    • Poliwag
    • Bellsprout
    • Sneasel
    • Axew
    • Electrike
    • Makuhita
    • Abra
    • Zorua

@Noctelis Zeta / Omni use Horsea, Magby and Bellspeout as starters so I'd rather not use two of those. If we change water to be Horsea I'll need to switch bellspeout and picking a grass starter is probably the hardest thing to do. 

@Filthy Casual Yea I thought they'd be pretty popular. This poll won't be all that accurate due to the small sample size so maybe more people will end up using it. 

Also, since I just ran through the game one last time before starting the graphics overhaul. Drought Vulpix OP boys. 

Edited by ssbCasper

@ssbCasper changing the grass starter from Bellsprout to Bounsweet might also be a possibility which would also allow Horsea to become a water starter.

Also noticed that Abra isn't getting any love at all, which is most likely due to the fact that most people don't know that it'll have an egg move right away.

Edited by Noctelis

@Noctelis I have that penned in as the change for now. Since grass probably won't get much love regardless I'd rather see water get some love. Yea I'm sure when I make the official post and people notice abra will have confusion it will be one of the most popular. Kinda made this expecting just the familiar faces I've seen in all my post to respond so they already know about that change. 

@Filthy Casual it's not actually broken I just think it's really good and being overlooked. You get the first ability capsule right before the first gym so it helped me break the hail set ups(spoiler). I also just have a bias towards Vulpix as my favorite kanto Pokemon. 

Edited by ssbCasper

Just now, ssbCasper said:

@Noctelis I noticed this a day or two ago. Can't give it psychic tm's or egg moves for the reasons stated. So I made the one time exception of giving it a move it can't actually learn. I could give it round instead but that's 60 base power

Unlike Confusion, Round doesn't get STAB, making it actually a weaker move on Abra.

the pokemon that aren't picked aren't necessarily overlooked! I had a hard time picking a starter among magnemite nidoran and abra. I picked magnemite in the end but this doesn't mean that the others are bad choices. Maybe if there was a way to let people pick up to 3 pokemon, you would have a better understanding at what pokemon the fellow pokemon fans will probably enjoy using! I mean, this way only the pokemon that none would be using will be left behind!

Spoiler

Well ... I may be suggesting this but do not know if it is possible to happen in this forum ...

Team Firefox ftw! 

Drought is amazing, and Vulpix is one of my favourite Pokémon ever. I also like that it does get interesting attacks leveling up, such as Hex and Extrasensory, which give it decent versatility. I've never used a Vulpix in a while, so that would contribute to my favouring it as well. 

Second choice would be Axew, because it pwns. Plus, as other have mentioned, early access to a dragon is rather rare. 

For me the choice was between Lillipup and Zorua. I vote for Lillipup mainly because I feel guilty for benching him so many times in Gen 5 walkthrough and other fangames. Also, he has more bulk compared to Zorua. His level-up movepool isn't great but he would make a solid starter.  Other pokemon on the list are either already in my main team(for reborn, rejuvenation and Desolation) or just not my thing.

My choice was between sneasel and abra. I just thought that sneasel is pretty decent early on while abra gets knocked out quite easily. And if I ever ran into a dark pokemon... abra wouldn't be able to do anything since its only damaging move would be confusion... 

1 hour ago, groniack said:

My choice was between sneasel and abra. I just thought that sneasel is pretty decent early on while abra gets knocked out quite easily. And if I ever ran into a dark pokemon... abra wouldn't be able to do anything since its only damaging move would be confusion... 

Abra won't be getting Confusion, but Round instead, since it can't learn Confusion in any way and forcing it on Abra would mean that Kadabra's learnset would require some changes.