Anstane's Water Mono

Anstane

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually playing through reborn for the first time and I decided to do water mono cause it's my favorite type. And I looked around to see what my options are for party members and I found this and been kinda usin you as a guide to potential party members :P

Alright, forgive my tardiness, but between real life obligations and my friends picking up Starbound, I didn't really have much time (or, in one case, motivation) to continue the run. Now, though, I am finally able to continue.

Chapter 5: Evolution spree

After defeating Shelly, we were asked to head over to the Grand Hall and inform the leadership of Corey's...well, you know. Once we get there, we encounter Fern who is doing the same thing as we were doing. He then challenges us to a battle with the prize being information to the key to Byxbyxion. However, the first battle against him was a complete sweep in Fern's favor as his Roserade OHKO'd four of my Mons from full health. So, it was time to go back to the Grand Staircase and grind on wild Unowns until my team was 35. During that time, I got some evolutions.

NOTE: Due to issues with Tinypic, I am being forced to use Imgur for uploading images. It was that or leave the update completely image-less.

Spoiler

5x3czk.jpg

bQQQMzI.png

Once everyone on the team was level 35, it was time to take on Fern once more.

7xD6fxz.png

Spoiler

His Ferroseed lead was, thankfully enough, taken care of by Otto. Then his Lucidolo was humiliated by Lotus who showed that Giga Drain > Mega Drain. After that came the two big ones: Servine and Roserade. After quite a mess, Louis was able to finish off the Roserade with Frosty taking out Servine, ending Fern's threat once more.

KeVI0Ws.png

nx50huI.png

Anyway, Fern told us to find Cain who is hiding all the way back in Beryl Graveyard. We wander all that way, in the beaming sun and he agrees to this: We defeat him, he gives us a key...alright, sounds good to me.

HD0pcnh.png

Spoiler

Leading off with an otter duel, Otto proves his superiority with Fury Cutter vs Revenge. Right after that, Cain decides not to waste time and sends out Nidoking. For some reason, though, it only used Poison Tail which meant Jelliking had a fairly easy time wearing it down, enough for Frosty to jump in and knock it out. Grimer and Venomoth failed to provide any meaningful resistance.

HjUIuFU.png

HxM2seS.png

We were about to get the key, but then Heather showed up and, thus, begins the Children arc, alongside the "Get the key to Byxbyxion from Cain" arc. Anyway, we get to the Lapis Gym, Heather storms off and gets captured by Dr. Sigmund Connal. We retreat to debate a rescue plan when we hear the screams of the poor child. It's time to mount a rescue mission...

...after taking care of a loose thread: The excision of the Magma Gang. Thus, with our Aqua Gang companions, we storm the Magma Gang. The first battle went by easily enough. Then it was time for Maxwell.

fc4WlaT.png

Spoiler

Sadly, his Drought Vulpix lead meant I couldn't capitalize on the thunderstorm, meaning Lotus had to re-set the rain later, after Goofball took care of the firefox. Charmeleon was the Mon that Lotus set up on, even if the Flame Burst + Dragon Rage combo knocked it out. The rest of the team picked up the slack.

Then came the level 45 Houndoom.

Otto stepped up to the plate. A fierce Thunder Fang nearly knocked him out, but it was not enough to do so as he returned fire with a Razor Shell, heavily wounding, but not KO'ing the Houndoom. A follow-up Aqua Jet, however, was enough.

Vyewjsc.png

The battle lead to this, and I'll talk about this a little later. Let's just say I much prefer Dewott's sprite over Samurott's.

Lc6G0Ev.png

And with that, we are now well and truly members of the Aqua Gang and we are thusly rewarded.

DVFKMeP.png

Pictured: The reason why Shade is going to be sad...if he can feel emotion, anyway.

However, the evolution did not come instantly. Why? Unevolved, Jaws learns Crunch at 36.

With that, it was time for the Orphanage Assault. It was...pretty rough, actually. Too many Magnemites, Eelektriks and HP Fighting Elgyem's! But, slowly, we persevered and, on the very last battle, Jaws hit level 36.

8W8mPwH.png

Oh yes... Oh, by the way, I gave her an ability capsule, so now she has Speed Boost.

Which means, finally, it is time for Shade.

YodIrVN.png

Spoiler

This battle took me three attempts. The first one was going decently well, until Shade's Doublade proceeded to survive a Crunch from Jaws, allowing Rotom to come in and Discharge spam my team to oblivion.

The second battle...

vNYj5kc.png

6-0'd. Enough said.

The third battle was the successful one. Lotus took out Corey and weakened Doublade alongside Louis, then Jaws went to town on his Banette (After requiring a switch out after the Banette survived a Crunch and Cursed Body disabled Crunch), Trevenant and, after a lucky moment where Shade switched it into it, Rotom as well as finishing off Doublade.

SGlAcfj.png

zZ8seIL.png

Finally, it was time for Chandelure.

EI4e54e.png

Alas, Jaws was not strong enough to strike it down and was summarily knocked out. Thankfully, Otto was able to avenge her with an Aqua Jet, ending this battle in my favor.

PJEPywF.png

And, finally, the team as of the end of Episode 5: wYVH7Ho.png

And now, one more thing: I am planning on changing the Samurott sprites for those of a Dewott. If anyone has objections to it, please announce them. Note that these will only affect the sprites, mechanics-wise Otto and all other Samurott's (So, mainly Cain's) will still be a Samurott.

2 hours ago, Sceptilespy said:

but samurott is cool and stuff

Eh, it's not bad, just that it does not fit the Oshawott line. Compared to Dewott, it is just too drastic of an evolution change for my likes.

Well, first of all, I tried to change the files, but the uncomfortable raised position of the sprite, combined with me not knowing how to change the audio, convinced me to ultimately not change the Samurott sprites. With that said...

Chapter 6: A bitter taste

After defeating Shade, we got to witness the children get captured by some Team Meteor grunts. Even worse, Cain proceeded to show that he had the Earthquake TM. After some chasing, we got to witness Cain sail off on his Muk. Alright then. Then we got to meet someone who we'll be looking up to: Amaria, the Water leader. Needless to say, she left us jealous.

gdWFbts.pngAi2vEvy.png

After falling for the most obvious trap in the world mk. 2, we eventually made our way to the depths of the factory, where we had to battle ZEL for the PULSE-Muk.

eegGhMX.png

Spoiler

Those who know me already know that I don't like fighting ZEL's team for reasons >_> Anyway, the PULSE-Muk was the main problem, ultimately, due to one move: Discharge. First time I got to it, I still had four Mons. None of then were standing by the end. The second time I decided not to give it a chance.

4UrZdFt.png

Destiny Bond :3

Anyway, Amaria then bulks a Tyranitar Superpower, hello suspension of disbelief, fancy seeing you here today, then leaves towards her manor, but not before giving us her boat. It was off to Apophyll.

First things first, a selection of new Water-types to acquire. First and most importantly, I needed to prepare myself for a little bout of revenge for my other Mono run...

DfRZf0N.png

Ugly-looking shiny, IMO? Check. Lame IV's? Check. Even though I don't care for them. Still, I'm not optimistic about Seaspray's chances of staying on my team. Still, at least he got to be on the team. The other three...yeah, I'm not planning on using them, sadly.

Spoiler

2xSCFqk.png

Pretty offense-oriented, not too bad, but I have better choices...

imIBmnv.png

Again, not too bad, but...yeah.

k2mRDln.png

I know I can get a Corphish as well, but I didn't feel like searching for it for too long.

After this small gathering montage, I went out of my way to get Seaspray to level 40 for Air Slash.

ttQR2e9.png

I'll be honest, I really don't like how shiny Pelipper looks.

After that and a brief journey up Pyrous Mountain, it was time to begin the Cal-Victoria-Kiki gauntlet.

BHCI4wU.png

Spoiler

Rainfall made this battle a lot easier on me. In particular, it empowered Lotus due to Swift Swim, as well as counter-buffing Water, something that got nerfed on the field. It was a pretty quick and easy battle of spamming Bubble Beam and Razor Shell/Aqua Jet.

5WpP7DP.png

Next was Victoria, trying to stop us from challenging Kiki who is falling apart.

lLPXiNW.png

Spoiler

Victoria failed to put up much of a fight as most of her Mons were brought down by flight, water or frost.

2JnXPiC.png

ykvMsGL.png

XsdqYZN.png

And finally, it was time. It was time for me to claim my revenge on the woman that caused me so much grief on my Ice Mono...

...and then my first battle, she proceeds to sweep me 6-0.

The second battle was more successful, but it was still...so unsatisfying to see it end in such a way, to see myself still only barely defeating her...

I swear to Arceus I'm seriously considering just hacking in an Attack-Forme Deoxys and destroying her like that.

hMexMBJ.png

Spoiler

As I mentioned, the battle was a mess. Pelipper proved to be useless, her Gallade proved to be a real problem and in general I just really struggled on a run where I hoped to exact sweet revenge. The one satisfying thing, sort of, was OHKO'ing her Medicham with a crit, but even that was not enough...

Itn2Wdj.png

0AUHod6.png

iKqCUAY.png

That nightmare is over, at least, but that's only the first half of the Apophyll Arc...there's still part 2 to go.

The team as of the end of this episode, though Jaws will be making a return soon.

9jkP25T.png

So, we just posted about the exact same part of the game on the same day and even had lots of the trouble with the same Gallade... xD

Although I lucked out by having rain end for the fight against Kiki, rather than profiting from the weather.

That Wingull looks kind of like from an old picture; somewhat sepia-ish.

Out of curiousity: How many High Jump Kicks did you switch Jelliking into in this chapter? Because abusing that sounds like a lot of fun.

9 hours ago, Gentleman Jaggi said:

So, we just posted about the exact same part of the game on the same day and even had lots of the trouble with the same Gallade... xD

Although I lucked out by having rain end for the fight against Kiki, rather than profiting from the weather.

That Wingull looks kind of like from an old picture; somewhat sepia-ish.

Out of curiousity: How many High Jump Kicks did you switch Jelliking into in this chapter? Because abusing that sounds like a lot of fun.

Only one, sadly, and that would have been a miss anyway.

Anyway, I'll be a bit busy for the next few days as I'll be starting on Rejuvenation. That, plus exams, means it might take a while for me to get the next part out.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that took a fair bit longer than I thought to get back to this run, but I figured I probably should make some progress before this is forgotten.

Chapter Seven: Screw you too, Fern!

After we failed to get sweet revenge on Kiki, we were off to go find Cain on Azurine Islands. Now, I know there's a small selection of Water-types that can be gotten there, but, honestly, I didn't really bother searching for any, at least not right now. I admit I just wanted to get this over with. I'll return later to capture what I missed. However, I did encounter and capture one Water-type at least.

USTAIlW.png

Anyway, it was time to begin the gauntlet of battles. First of all, Aster and Eclipse.

...I kind of forgot to take any real screenshots of this battle. But, just trust me when I say that it was not even close. Aster and Eclipse just couldn't hold back the assault. Only the Milotic put up a real resistance, but even it faltered.

KdgYAej.png

Next up was Taka.

sO2dx43.png

Spoiler

Taka managed to put up quite a fight. The first try, my team got nearly swept by his Cradily before I was able to use Nature Power to wipe out his Cradily. But by that point, the damage was done and his Gligar finished me off. The second try, I did not give Taka the chance and wiped the Cradily out, as well as the rest of the team.

YBZEq0h.png

8WSGoYc.png

Oh, before I forget, this happened:

xdiM06X.png

Finally, my whole team is fully evolved.

After that, it was time for Solaris. I did not take any screenshots of that because it was a complete failure on my part, so instead I'll just say that this is a pretty funny moment.

neeQT2w.png

Anyway, after having my rear handed to me by Solaris, plot happened and we got the Strength TM, finally. All that was left is Aya's badge so we can use it. And for that, we needed Cain's co-operation. For that, he requested one more battle because of course he did.

Spoiler

His Venomoth managed to take out Jaws before Louis counter-KO'd it. The battle was somewhat back and forth. Sadly, Otto failed to defeat the rival Samurott due to, ironically, being higher leveled, meaning his Revenge went out before Cain's. Nonetheless, the battle was fairly easy with us reigning supreme.

CCAoSQR.pngysGmu0x.png

hNlC5pN.png

A brief romp through the wasteland later, we arrived in Aya's abode. However, before we can challenge her for the badge, there was one. Last. Obstacle...Fern.

FQSrnmA.png

Spoiler

Holy hell is this battle a nightmare. I am willing to say that this might be a serious contender for most difficult battle in Reborn. Between his powerhouse of a Ferrothorn, the demonspawn of a Roserade, the speedy and powerful Scyther and Serperior (enough said), it took me dozens of attempts before everything came together. I needed to Destiny Bond the Ferrothorn, otherwise it would just be unbreakable. Krokorok was literally a non-entity. Then the Roserade arrived and proceeded to heal 3x the amount of damage I inflicted upon it. Thankfully, though, a combined effort from Louis, Frosty and Lotus was able to bring the demonspawn down, taking the Scyther down at roughly the same time. The Serperior lacked the sheer power to outheal Nature Power!Gunk Shots and, eventually, Fern was defeated, at long last.

4ihbKox.png8eqhguP.png

qhO4Q99.png

And, finally, it was time for Aya.

ZtbADBt.png

Spoiler

Okay, what the hell is wrong with me? Once again, I failed to take any screenshots. Well, either way, while her Tentacruel wasted it's time dropping Toxic Spikes, Jaws and Lotus focused down first her Nidoqueen, then her Gengar. Her Dragalge and Drapion put up more of a fight, but, ultimately, the third Poison-type trainer that we fought fell.

kq6NRLn.png

And the team that came this far:

7NO0K0F.png

And with that, I'm returning to Rejuvenation, so don't expect another update for a little while.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, finally completed another gym leader's worth of content on this run. With that said...

Chapter Eight: Weather Blues and Team Revamps.

So, I started things off by...rebattling Aya because I am a moron that forgot to save. Thankfully, I defeated her first try, so no issues there. Anyway, the first think I tried to do is get Squirtle. Sadly, I forgot how to. That, and derped weather prevented me from acquiring Squirtle. Ah well, wasn't planning on using it anyway. After that, I decided that I do actually want a Water/Ground. I had three choices to choose from. Ultimately, I went with this:

XjwxUvQ.png

After acquiring the lord of all Slugs (And yes, Lords can be female too), it was time to raid Yureyu. A bunch of boring grunts later, we had a choice: Sirius and Sigmund. And because fighting Sigmund would have meant fighting an Elec Mono in a field that boosted him, I went with Sirius.

9JCR4dM.png

Spoiler

This battle took two attempts. The first try, his Hitmontop/Seviper/Chandelure kind of ravaged my team as well as Cain's. The second time things went better, even with Hitmontop constantly HJK'ing everyone and Seviper dealing heavy damage. Thankfully, the team was able to pick up the slack once Cain fell.

dBpAfIk.png

At this point, I could have went straight to Spinel and challenged Bennett and Serra. However, you know me and I can't resist Eevee or it's evolutions. So I...proceeded to wait a few days because I forgot that the tree in Chrysolia disappears in windy weather at night. Yeah...

ks2wHNo.png

A quick trip to grab a Water Stone, I got her evolved (as well as Slug Lord who evolved earlier).

itZFDOS.pngNoVt8Iv.png

Anyway, it was time to deal with Spinel Town. First of all, probably the hardest battle against Meteor Grunts in the entire game.

FidU9zR.png

No, seriously, these guys actually took me three attempts to defeat. Our reward for it?

5HArkYr.png

(I forgot to take a screenshot immediately. I had to take it after training her up.)

I have a feeling I'm going to like using her.

The training montage actually happened after I lost horribly to Bennett.

LyLBAiT.png

Spoiler

Turns out my team...can't handle Giga Drain spam, especially if paired with Quiver Dance. I went out of my way to train my team up and even then lost horribly. What ultimately allowed me to win? Well...pretty much the fickle hand of RNG'sus. Namely, I had to set up two Shell Smashes on his Larvesta, then pray to RNG'sus that Rock Slide didn't miss. This took...a number of attempts., shall we say, before everything lined up perfectly.

MfZiUcB.pngtKlYjTJ.png

7RHZN3g.png

And with that, it was time for Serra. You would think I'd just execute the same strategy...right?

EEV6e6x.png

Spoiler

Hah, nope. Unlike Bennett, Serra had no Pokemon on whom I could set up. It took me a few attempts to get everything right. The correct lead, how to best deal with Jynx, then how to best handle both Vanilluxe and Glaceon because my team actually has very little SE against Ice. Eventually, though, my mostly-screenshotless-battle, everything lined up perfectly for the win.

RNgcfIt.pngJvVD1uy.png

And with that, that battle is done with. It is time to move on to Tanzan where I won't find any new team members but have to deal with Noel anyway.

The team as of right now that took down Serra: lFHceyH.png

Who were those meteor grunts you were having a hard time with? And great job on defeating Bennet however you could have used a rain dance ludicolo to KO his mons which worked out pretty well in my grass mono cuz apparently that was the only strategy I had in hand.

I couldn't have really used Ludicolo because, well, it's still Bug vs Grass.

As for the two Meteor Grunts in question, they are the two grunts that show up in Spinel Town that you talk to, then they challenge you to a battle in Tanzan Mountain. They are really tough because they actually have a really strong pair of teams for the point of the game, including a Toxicroak (With Dry Skin, no less), a Golem and a Seismitoad, among others.

Well...I was in the mood to push forward, so here we go.

Chapter 9: Tanzan Assault

After Serra, I went and gave Tortolla a break and brought out Lotus again. This was a good decision on my part, as will be seen.

Anyway, first things first, I had gotten a Good Rod, there is a large body of water, there was only one thing to be done: Fishing! Got three new Water types, none of which I'm like to use.

Spoiler

htieE0Q.png7C3LTg5.png

GY8GdDl.png

Okay, I will admit that Stingray should be pretty good once Gen VII stuff comes out, but even then, I'd rather use Pelipper.

Anyway, we brought AnnaNostra her medicine and we were about to go straight into a battle with Noel when Saphira intervened, saving us from being humiliated. However, she did that by warning us of an incoming threat. A major one...

mRujEOd.png

Spoiler

Battle took two attempts, surprisingly enough. First try, his Electivire just tore straight through my team. Second time I was able to use Slug Lord and Lotus much more efficiently as well as eliminating the Electivire with Jaws. It was a pretty tough battle, I must admit, but his lack of Grass moves ultimately bit him back. There was a scare at the end when Rotom's Discharge paralyzed Frosty, but, mercifully, the paralysis did not activate.

bX9nope.pngnJmL4lb.png

3lRTmAm.png

After that battle and getting to witness Saphira literally Hyper Beam Connal through the wall, it was off to Tanzan Base. We quickly smashed our way through all defenses until we got teleported away to the depths of Tanzan Mountain.

First was the giant Steelix who put up a fight, but Rain Dance + Razor Shell/Water Pulse was too much for it. Secondly was the PULSE-Abra It decided not to Hyper Beam. Instead, it Dark Pulsed. It helped, because Frosty bulked one of those, letting Jaws go to town on the poor Abra.

Spoiler

y3b1GKn.pngNEPJh1N.png

Finally, it was time for Noel, proper.

SKM4Vph.png

Spoiler

Between his Nuclear train-powered Porygon-Z, his Skill Link Haxcinno and the Tbolting Girafarig, this battle took a few tries. Lotus was the only member of my team able to deal with his Porygon-Z, Jaws was able to pick up a Speed Boost proc and Destiny Bond Cinccino and, between Lotus and Otto, Clefable was taken down, netting us the next badge.

s7tGDMX.pngdzPpGSu.png

fbhWl8V.png5i2j5c6.png

And, with that, it is time to move on to Route 1 where we will find many Pidgeys, Rattata's and-oh wait, wrong game. Welp.

Anyway, team: sfUuMX5.png

Well, I know this took a while, but I was busy with a few other runs I had incomplete, namely my Eeveelution-only run and my old second run. Now I was able to get back to this.

Chapter 10: A Tale of Legends and Grassholes

After Noel, we headed off towards the north in search of new adventures. And we found them in the Aventurine region. Alas, before we could experience them, we had to get past Fern. Again. And holy crap was he a nightmare. I actually had to leave and revamp my team a bit because his Roserade was literally sweeping all six of my Pokemon by itself. So I went hunting for new Pokemon and got myself this guy:

gHsEwaF.png

I looked up it's natural moveset and I greatly approve of it.

I also made sure to catch this guy from the fountain:

rCPxb02.png

Not because I'm planning on using it, but because I need it to evolve Stingray, my Mantyke. While grinding Stingray and Sharpshooter, the latter evolved as well.

G4WafEo.png

After fully leveling up, it was time for Fern again.

6Kk0dwg.png

Spoiler

The field worked heavily against me. I was able to fairly easily eliminate his Fraxure and Krookodile. Then it was time for Scyther. I was able to get Tortolla out and set up a pair of Shell Smashes. It allowed me to outspeed and OHKO both Scyther and, this is key, Roserade. After that, Sharpshooter entered the fray and eliminated his Ferrothorn, leaving just Serperior that ultimately faltered against Stingray.

yOB9hsT.png

YQdOmpL.pngcTwuD1j.png

Once that was taken care of, we started to make our way across Route 1, first to the Nature Center, then to Vanhanen. Inside, we met Radomus and Cain catches up to us and challenges us to decide who fights Radomus first.

t52gh4x.png

Spoiler

This battle...actually took me several attempts. His Gengar and Nidoking kept ravaging my team enough for his Samurott to finish me off. Eventually I got a lucky break and was able to get him down to a final 1v1 which was *this* close. If his Absol had used Sucker Punch, I would have fallen.

TmqM2MW.png

After the battle, G. Gardevoir proceeds to be kidnapped and we go confront El about it. Plot happens, we side with Radomus because he's less suspicious (Emphasis on "Less") and we have to fight a Ditto that transformed into Arceus.

iHStB7D.pngNSHPzsR.png

Or, you know, Destiny Bond.

Once that was taken care of, it was time for Radomus himself. The team that took him on, doubling as the team at the end of the episode: P8nF6Ta.png

And with that, it's time for the one Leader I have always struggled with, on all my runs.

wD8rlhp.png

Spoiler

It took me four attempts to win, the first three ending the same way: A sweep after Trick Room went up. First time I ignored Reuniclus and was destroyed by it. Second time I ignored Slowking and was destroyed by it and G.Gardevoir. Third try I tried to focus down Slowking, but an Ice Punch freeze from Metagross stopped me. Finally, my fourth attempt, I focused down Radomus' main threats and was able to strike the Psychic down.

2Joj7Bg.pngWW9gKyg.png

And with that, this part is finished. I don't know when the next part will go up, so stay tuned.

Two parts close together? Madness! Well, yeah, I'm kind of on a roll again and the chapter was pretty short, so yeah, why not.

Chapter 11: Embrace the Darkness

Yeah, after defeating Radomus, we got ambushed by El, but then Cain bailed us out. Before we headed off to save Luna, though, I did a bit of exploring and work and bolstered the Water-type ranks a fair bit, some of it happening in 7'th Street.

Spoiler

2DQaXFR.pngfCzHdBB.png

w2DBA2p.pngd8hb7jP.png

Who knows? I might use some of these guys later.

After that, we raided the Subseven Sanctum and were told to make our way down to Iolia Valley to battle Luna. En route there, we were confronted by, and eventually challenged by, Bennett. After last time, though, I came prepared.

gAThY3g.png

Spoiler

I went straight for the strategy I used last time: Have Tortolla et up a pair of Shell Smashes, then rain a ton of rocks on Bennett and his team. It worked at first, but then she missed against Butterfree, the second of two Mons with Giga Drain. Thankfully, the rest of my team, especially Stingray, were able to jump in and take over. Unlike last time, this time Bennett only took one attempt.

kLt5mfZ.pngL78onOu.png

YzI3Fkz.png

I'd just like to say that I still love the Rock Slide animation.

And after that...yeah, only one major battle before Luna. And next part will be even shorter, as there are no major battles between Luna and Samson.

g53NuOH.png

Spoiler

So, yeah, remember when I said that Radomus went down surprisingly easily? Yeah, Luna picked up the slack big time. I actually came really close early on, but the Don Bird struck my team down. After that, I struggled to break her Tyranitar and Sableye combo. Eventually, though, I was able to knock the T-Tar out without taking much damage, tore into the rest of her team afterwards. It was still really close. It came down to having two Megahorns hit. If either missed, well, I'd still be fighting Luna. Thankfully, I was able to pull off a victory.

WA2lOGE.pngHr88UQX.png

The team that struck down Luna, a little underleveled: wabqoB9.png

Fair warning, the next part is going to take a while to come out. Why is that? Because I am planning on leveling every single Water-type that I have collected up to this point up to level 50 and evolve them as much as I can. This is mainly so I don't have to spend an eternity catching up if, suddenly, I need to train someone up for a certain battle. I have over 300 levels to grind, so...yeah. This could take a while.

23 minutes ago, FactoryofSadness said:

How do you get so many images on a post without using up your attachments?

Pics are uploaded on imgur, then the link is posted (hence using zero space from the attachment max. available space). However, the pic appears normally ;) 

5 minutes ago, Jess said:

Pics are uploaded on imgur, then the link is posted (hence using zero space from the attachment max. available space). However, the pic appears normally ;) 

Cool! Thank you so much! I've been trying to find a way to upload more images without having to delete them!

Just now, FactoryofSadness said:

Cool! Thank you so much! I've been trying to find a way to upload more images without having to delete them!

Be careful though, because most sites delete pics on their own after some time... That's why I prefer recording my run ;) 

It's more a pain than anything else, honestly.

I've already grinded Lumina (Lumineon) to level 50. One down, 14 to go...

And I originally used Tinypic, but then they stopped working, so since then I've started using Imgur.

Alright, short one here because, really, there's not much to talk about.

Chapter 12: Grinding Spree

As I said I would, I grinded everyone I have in my box to level 50 as well as evolving all I could. Here are some of the evolutions that occured.

Spoiler

0KXEvJf.pngVbcH8LE.png

SJj8gre.pngvVxzSuA.png

Before crossing over to Agate, I did a little bit more searching for Water-types and picked up two more that I missed earlier. This is after I caught and evolved them because I forgot to take screenshots before I did so.

BBFlLVE.png877mH09.png

After crossing into Agate, I found some more Water-types to bolster my ranks!

9e292j6.pngw5kHHes.png

And yes, I got a Dragon Scale from a different Horsea.

All that taken care of, it's time for the only battle of note: Samson.

ohIo1cE.png

Spoiler

For the lack of battles this chapter, Samson put up one hell of a fight. So many things kept going wrong, most of which related to Lucario sweeping after Slug Lord failed to KO/Accuracy Drop it, Hawlucha sweeping with Acrobatics or Conkeldurr bulking everything ever. It too many attempts before the Flinches, the switches, the accuracy drops and the Freezes lined up to lead me to a victory that I am not proud of.

JLhbNMg.pngQZKe91l.png

FCrXrQp.pngUEN8bFr.png

(Yes, I used Destiny Bond to deal with Conkeldurr)

And, as always, the team: ky5bqhC.png