Pokemon Reborn Mono-Grass Run [Post Amaria]

Neco

Chapter IX: Timeout

Hey again, time to continue this run. After previously defeating Serra, we can now buy the medicine we need to cure Nostra/Anna. As the group doesn't yet now what to do, everybody agrees it would be good if Noel battles us. Before going into too much detail, roster adjustments first~

Spoiler

Note: I took the screenshots at the after defeating Noel (and raising the level of some mon, especially Leafeon, so they won't necessarily fit with the rest of the post.

capture330utr6z.png

Welp, finally had the motivation to get myself a Cacnea after bad luck with the egg. I tested Sandbox mode and have to say it makes EV training easy and getting a hold of mons you missed or accidently picking a Mega Bracelet and getting the urge to throw a Mega-Venusaur against Bennett the next time we have to fight him. Anyways, she helped out already and I somehow regret not getting her earlier, even though I am not completely sure what else to give her but Cotton Spore (Spiky Shield/Pin Missile come to mind, but dunno).

capture3313xo1q.png

I finally trained Deku which gives me some utility moves in Curse and Will-O-Wisp. Originally, I thought of making him a SubSeeder, but don't feel the urge to do Voltorb-Flipping until I can get the TM for Substitute xD Guess I'll use him whenever I need Curse to deal with bosses.

capture3327psdf.png

A fast and pretty hard-hitting mon I can finally use. Can't wait to get Return.

capture333k1spd.png

The last adjustment, but don't know if I'm really using her frequently- I really have quite some physical sweepers already.

Okay, with this out of the way, we can finally battle Noel. What, to early for a Gym battle already? You're right! Saphira, Reborn's Dragon Leader and Charlotte's/Laura's older sister,  suddenly appears, warning the group that Meteor is going to attack the Mansion. The children are going to hide and Laura, Saphira and our protagonist shall defend the Mansion. Two of Sigmund's Orderlies try to soften us up, before the main dish arrives.

VS Meteor Admin Sirius

capture292umo6p.png

Spoiler

capture293o1rvl.png

Chandelure goes done to a Sucker Punch. And I thought it could be a threat, lol.

capture294q1rjj.png

Originally I planned to use Julia hear, but who needs planning xD A Sucker Punch almost halves, but an Extrasensory is another OHKO.

capture295t4pmq.png

A Giga Drain takes almost all HP (it still carries Metronome and no Mirracle Seed/Rose Incense) and an Ice Fang almost halves my HP. Sirius tries to heal in vain, but ultimately GD takes him out in one go without too much problems.

capture296feqwb.png

An attempt to give Rini some EXP. After exchanging Brave Birds and Ancient Powers, Hochcrow barely survives.

capture2971pqji.png

See what I mean with barely? Bullet Seed takes it out in order to preserve a Flying Gem.

capture298qerha.png

Extrasensory=OHKO. Didn't think Omelette would be faster...

capture299t5ogr.png

Obviously.

I spamm Rock Smash (without lowering Def it takes 50% HP and lowers upon first hit), Sirius Thunder Wave and Rest- without receiving any damage, Spike wins.

capture300w6qkg.png

Or glad you're weak?

I thought this battle would be difficult... is Cain such a pain in the double battle? Always remembered Sirius as beeing more of a threat...

Anyways, we manage to defend Charlotte and Shelly, but Laura gets taken out (Sigmund directly attacks her) and the twins get abducted. Now, Saphira declares that we shall accompany her in attacking Meteor and saving the twins. However, a bit of rambling beforehand: I think Sirius' double standard is quite amusing. For him, it is apprantely okay when Meteor performs terroist attacks which probably hurt (and kill) civilians, Solaris and Sigmund (even though the latter isn't exactly a member of Meteor, he works with them) attacking people with their Pokemon directly and Solaris using his Garchomp to kill people (Kiki). But, if Saphira kills some grunts, she's crazy. Yeah, right, make me want to kill you even more. I pity every one but some freaking terrorists.

Okay, enough rambling. We soon meet Saphira in Tanzan Mountain, who immediately creates a passage with her Dragonite. We follow her and soon find two Meteor corpses. Starts good. After some battling we reach Sirius, Sigmund and ZEL and get informed of what's creating the confusion in Spinel Town: a Pulse Abra which randomly teleports things. Apparently, they plan to use this power to get behind the Stairway-portal. Guess you're doing everythin right. As it seems, Lin, Meteor's true leader, is coming, which makes Sirius wet his pants. They teleport Saphira and us away to prevent more problems. Will definitely work

So, as we slowly head through the new cavern we are now in, we soon realize that something isn't right. After walking through some suddenly appearing tunnels, we find a new threat: a giant Steelix.

VS Steelix

capture301cepir.png

Spoiler

capture302ayrjk.png

While this thing is  freaking slow, I make sure to outspeed it by using Stun Spore. For some reason, Steelix uses an Iron Head instead of Crunch, which Omelette survives. Before going down, I use a Giga Drain for some Chip Damage.

capture303hkoru.png

Deku's purpose is to Curse it, which it does.

capture304sircp.png

Now, this fight will be over pretty quickly. Leech Seed is used, Iron Head isn't really effective, and both the damage of Curse and Leech Seed put it into critical range (not activating its Sitrus Berry). Afterwards, a field bossted Rock Smash takes it out.

capture305j6qac.png

Terra'd be proud of you :3

So, with this battle over, Saphira tames and rides Steelix to get some revenge on Meteor, saving the twins on the go. We are, meanwhile, tasked with stopping the Pulse. Which we do, even though it helps Meteor, too.

VS Meteor Admin ZEL

capture306m7pvi.png

Spoiler

capture307z7q0g.png

This Abra can be a pain in the ass, especially when it's not spamming Hyper Beam. I have to reset a few times until Quick Claw activates to paralyze it.

capture308nao8k.png

A Sucker Punch is pretty effective, but a Hyper Beam defeats.

capture309zqrp7.png

Two free Jump kicks, but only one is succesful- a Hyper Beam defeats.

capture310zipnl.png

I feel like giving Deku some HP, but two Horn Leech cannot defeat it. Luckily, Abra cannot move, so I get a free extra move.

Quote: "I'm sorry it had to come to this, Abra!"

I used a second try for this fight after realizing how Curse is not working thanks to Magic Bound. With another strategy, rather easy. As I feel like covering the next fight rather than the story, a summary: Lin arrives, who doesn't belives we are a new recruit, Saphira attacks the base with Steelix, gets defeated by Lin and her Hydreigon, Sigmund thinks he has seen Lin somewhere already, and we flee. Back in the Mansion, everyone wonders about Saphira's fate, and Noel is the only one who believes she's dead. Pessimist

Time for our Gym battle, when everybody is down. Great idea!

VS Prodigy Noel

capture311e6pq7.png

Spoiler

capture312u1rfo.png

As I like a rather defensive play style against Noel, this is what you'll see. Both of us echange a Toxic Spike and Stealth Rock, after which I try a Venoshock (3/4 HP damage) and Noel counters with a Thunder Wave. I thought he would be healing; however, he sets up Reflect instead and a second layer of Toxis Spikes. Both heal (he the damage, I the paralyzis), after which two Venoshocks take it out and a Dazzling Gleam in between isn't too threatening.

capture313h7qlo.png

Bad playing on my side: I forget about Reflect, so a field boosted Horn Leech isn't really strong, while a Download!Tri Attack takes Jewels out.

capture314w6qec.png

James is slower and goes down to a Psychic.

capture315n1oeq.png

I have enough and a Venoshock takes it out.

capture316lvoq2.png

Now, the thing I feard most. I try to use an Ancient Power to counter Swellow, but a U-Turn...

capture317nzrru.png

Makes Cinccino take the attack (and Reflect ends). Poison and Giga Drain do hurt this devilish mon quite a bit, but a Rock Blast does the same. Before Rini goes down, I switch to Spike and Noel heals.

capture319k0qyc.png

I use a turn to heal Rini, while Noel Tail Slaps. Spike can tank it reasonably well, but after two rounds he is in critical red and couldn't move thanks to healing and one flinching. I set up a Spiky Shield, allowing me to defeat it with recoil and Poison.

capture320ovp3z.png

You can guess the U-Turn? I should've probably tried something else...

capture321vqquv.png

Girafarig takes the Ancient Power. Now, I'm in some sort of pinch: I need Ancient Power to defeat Swellow (well. at least this is what I thought at this point), Giga Drain is useless, and Sludge Wave would change the field, as I forgot to rotate to Infestation. I set up a Confusion and try some damage with Ancient Power, but even with confusion damage, Rini cannot defeat it, especially after healing on Noel's side. After some turns...

capture322rgpqw.png

I switch to Needle and get a free switch thanks to confusion. I misclick and choose Seed Bomb...

capture323tdqgv.png

just to realize he's switching to Swellow ("lucky" me).

capture324rfo2o.png

I try my luck with Sucker Punch, and guess what: defeat. So many worries...

capture325anppc.png

In short: Rini cannot defeat and ultimately goes down.

capture3261dr07.png

Time to sweep: Venoshock.

capture3276wqnh.png

An effective, 130 BP Venoshock is an OHKO.

capture328sfqzv.png

Phew.

I am always careful when fighting Noel, as he can be a royal pain in the ass. Even though I won in my first try, I could've definitely played better (especially as Roserade could probably one shot everything with Venoshock other than Swellow, maybe). Thanks to perma rain in the region, his HP fire was pretty useless, even with field boost for fire types.

We gain another badge, which raises our level cap to 60 and the TM for Hidden Power- could be useful for some coverage, so I guess I should check some types of my mons. Until next time~

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter X: Bless You

Hey there! After recently defeating Noel, it is now time to continue the journey. This and the next Chakpter should be relatively short, so let's go~

As usual, we are tasked to look for the still missing Saphira. Meanwhile, Tanzan Mountain goes boom and I guess we all now what this means? After a bit of walking and finding a new passage inside the mountain, we soon meet Saphira again, who apparantly "doesn't go down so easily". She did not only destroy Meteors base, but also aquired the Amethyst and Ruby Jewelry- which we shall guard so that the children can have a break. Yay? Guess we're getting targeted now.

Of course, we do no complain and do as we are told. After walking through the Mountain, we finally find Route 1 to start our Adventure. As nice as the area is, one of the first sights is rather unpleasant: Fern. As usual, he bitches around and wants to prove how inferior he is.

VS Swag Jockey Fern

capture334mhqh1.png

Spoiler

capture335gnoku.png

Some math later, I know Rini's HP-typing is dragon. Fraxure sets up Dragon Dance, an HP-Dragon puts into critical range; Fern tries to heal, just to realize that another HP defeats his dragon.

capture336v9p2r.png

Krookodile moves first and lands Brick Break for some good damage, but a critical and field boosted Seed Bomb one shots anyways.

capture33719p76.png

I always forget that Rock doesn't resist Bug. Bye bye Rini :(

capture338gvr2d.png

In this fight, neither side can really damage the other much. So, I slowly wore Scyther down with Leech Seed and Shadow Sneaks (thanks to the field healing, Scyther is unable to defeat).

capture339apo08.png

Gem boosted Acrobatics is a clear bye bye.

capture3404npju.png

Rock Smashs lowers and deals some good damage, while Ferrothorn cannot really hurt me much. Some more smashes and Spiky Shield for guaranteed recovery & recoil damage  later, Spike wins.

capture341s0oib.png

Or you in my side, as much as you get in my way~

Anyways, I feel like humilating him a bit more. Giga Drain is pitiful, Shelly sets up a Sword Dance. Giga Drain is till pitiful the next time he uses it- to get one shoted by X-Scissor.

capture342cdpi5.png

Crybaby. Or, as you would phrase it: ...Noob.

As you might see, I trained a bit, so this fight was more than easy.

Walking through Route 1 (I'll solve the Puzzle after Luna), I head East to find a giant castle in the middle of nowhere. If I remember correctly its name in Vanhalen, where we meet Luna (Dark-type Leader), Radomus (Psychic-type Leader) and his talking (Gossip) Gardevoir (did I mention how much I love Gardevoir already? No? Now you know xD). Upon meeting Luna, we finally know who El is chasing. In addition, she now claims that Radomus is her father (would be interesting to know if Radomus x Serra was a thing in the past?)... Anyways, Radomus agrees to fight us in an offical Gym battle, but before doing this, Cain arrives and we have to battle him to decide who shall fight first.

VS Pretty Boy Cain

capture343bkobi.png

Spoiler

capture344lsoak.png

As I don't want to struggle with some of his faster mons: Sticky Web. Two Sludge Waves, though, take out Shelly, who can still deal some chip damage with Leaf Blade.

capture345rkokb.png

Extrasensory finishes.

capture346joqpy.png

A crit finishes, too.

capture347shqrp.png

Signal Beam is rather weak, a NP-Ancient Power almost one shots. Cain tries to heal, put this doesn't help him survive~

capture34893r9c.png

A Shadow Sneak isn't enough, so a Shadow Ball takes Kim out.

capture3499lq4n.png

Cain heals, while a NP-Ancient Power is rather weak. Critical Focus Blast puts in critical range, my Hydro Pump misses (again, Surf, please >.<). The next turn, I switch to Rini, who tanks a Shadow Ball rather well.

(No screen, Sorry). Rini and Gengar exchange some moves and after Gengar misses a Focus Blast, it finally goes down.

capture350fpo9q.png

Samurott tries to set up with Sword Dance, while a Giga Drain roughly halves HP. A Night Slash takes half of my remaining HP, but a Giga Drain defeats.

capture351z1oqb.png

Ren is just here to get some EXP. I switch to Spike, which makes Sucker Punch fail.

capture352l9qzo.png

Two Rock Smash take Absol out, which uses a Sword Dance in between.

capture353ysrca.png

So, why did we had to battle?

I don't know in how far you can see it, but my motivation for this battle was somewhat rather low. In fact, so low that I stopped playing in my first try xD What you saw is the second try and other than Gengar, a pretty easy battle.

Time to have our Gym Battle... I guess? Everybody who read through Noel knows it's not so easy. The light goes out and suddenly, G.Gardevoir is... well, pretend she's missing. In addition, El sent a letter: he's willing to trade Luna for Gardevoir. Radomus is not interested (remember Gardevoir's typing and movepool?), while everybody freaks out... Of course, we are going to free Gardevoir, while Luna has to stay here. Radomus even agrees to follow us, if not motivated. (Note: Even though I took no Screenshots, Radomus always changes his outfits, which makes me love this character even further).

El can only hide in one place, and upon entering the Grand Stairway, we see him take a turn. Of course we follow him, just to realize how we are under the Stairway, again. While we walk down there, we soon meet Adrienn. Xe is a non-binary, but more about this later on. Xe seems to trust El and wants us to hand over Luna- of course, she thinks it is a good idea to hand over Amethyst and Ruby. Always a good idea to give the bad guys what they want *cough*. Gardevoir has enough of waiting and takes Amethyst herself, ugh. Cain has to intervene so she doesn't take Ruby as well. In moments like these I HATE to see how passive our protagonist is, doing nothing, and letting Cain interfere so that we have at least Ruby left (thanks). The group continues, we solve some puzzles, and Radomus/Adrienn make sure to confuse everybody even more.

At the end, we reach a mysterious door which shall seal a meteorite containing Arceus power (if I'm not mistaken). Some religious blabbering later, Gardevoir is revealed to be a Ditto (plot twist xD) and turns into Arceus. Guess El wants to demonstrate the true power of the Lord, *sigh*.

VS Parson El

capture354ucs1u.png

Spoiler

capture3554ys5b.png

Resetting until Quick Claw works, I can Stun Spore and Arceus not move (the not moving part was actually luck). A few turns later, he cannot heal the paralyzis any more, and Omellte goes down.

capture357oxspc.png

Kim seeds to barely survive a Shadow Ball. Some chip damage later, he goes down.

capture358ogsig.png

Confusion + paralysis slowly wear Dittoceus down, especially has high Hp and Sp.Def prevent much damage.

capture359xpsfv.png

Guess it's good the Lord is locked away and can be caught with a simple Pokéball. Just saying

Not counting my resets, this was victory on my second try. In the first he pissed me off with far too many effective Judgments (only one was not), so I decided to play cheap as well.

With Dittoceus defeated, G.Gardevoir appears and Radomus states he could call her anytime, as she could simply teleport away. So much for a damsel in distress. Radomus than commands his Gardevoir to take El out via Hypnosis so we can finally leave. However, upon leaving the whole cave, the Door suddenly opens... and Adrienn finds a City xe does not know. Apparantly, xe was stuck in time down in the cave- what xe perceived as an hour, was actually some decades. Furthermore, it is revealed that Adrienn is the League's Fairy-type Leader and xer willingness to rebuild the City. In order to do so, she soon contacts Ame.

With this out of the way, we can now finally face Radomus. Solving his Chess Puzzles (guess playing it as a child helped), we can now face him.

VS Grandmaster Radomus

capture3605ast2.png

Spoiler

capture3612xset.png

The first round is pretty simple: Gem boosted Acrobatics one shots Gallade, field boosted Feint Attack gets rid off Reuniclus.

capture362cqsnx.png

Malamar is weak to Bug, so Julia attacks it with a U-Turn. Unfortunately, it is only in low yellow, so my plan did not work (meanwhile, Kim takes her place). Needle Feint Attacked Metagross, which is put into critical range. Now, Kim has to tank the Ice Punch dedicated for Kim (rather low damage), while Malamar one shots Needle with Super Power.

capture363dbsqr.png

Radomus heals Metagross, Shelly takes out Malamar with a X-Scissor, while Kim sets up Phantom Force.

capture3647fsjo.png

Shelly one shots Slowking with Leaf Blade, while she barely survives an Ice Punch. Afterwards, Phantom Force puts Metagross in yellow.

capture365ogs0m.png

His G.Gardevoir takes over. As I'm not a fan of switching (and in this case risking to lose the mon I'm choosing), I try to hurt Gardevoir as much as possible, and a Leaf Blade puts it into yellow; afterwards, a Moonblast takes her out. Meanwhile, Kim takes another Ice Punch (now in critical range), to set up Phantom Force again.

capture36696sxp.png

Everything in order to win is set: Ren moves first and takes out Gardevoir with Hydro Pump (oh my gosh, it hit) and Metagross missed a Meteor Mash, just to get defeated by Kim's Phantom Force.

capture367z0sh4.png

All in all, not a very difficult battle (first try victory). Getting rid off Reuniclus and later Slowking helps immensly, as they are his only Trick Room setter (if I'm not mistaken). Radomus team is pretty slow, which made it rather easy for me (Kim was the only slow mon I had used, which could theoretically could've spammed Shadow Sneak for extra momentum). Training a bit beforehand helped, too, I guess.

Afterwards, we get our next badge, which raises the level Cap to 65, as well as the TM for Trick Room- which I might not use (only might, depending on how I fare against Blake and Charlotte, who should be pretty fast if I remember correctly). I'll cover the next part relatively soon (as I already defeated Luna), so until next time~

Chapter XI: Darkness' Embrace

As announced, the next Chapter follows rather quickly, even though it won't be that long. Right after we defeated won against Radomus, all of the light goes out and we are forced to roam through the dark. Never a good sign, right? Right. After a while, we walk into a group of Meteor Grunts, lead by El (I forgot to manage that Radomus brainwahed him into being his buttler Elias- not working anymore). As it seems, they waited for us being worn down after the gym battle to abduct us- luckily, though, they did not manage to capture Cain, who comes and saves us thanks. Now, it is revealed that El is part of the Elite 4 wtf, Ame, please pay attention on who you elect and we are allowed to flee.

Of course, Grunts block our way through the Labyrinth and even if we defeat one, they won't move. In moments like these, I always regret how our protagonist doesn't use his Pokémpn more directly- he/she/xe wouldn't need to kill them, but I'm sure someone like Hana's Spike would easily be able to move a Grunt a few feet away without hurting him or her too much. However, rant over. Heading in the other direction, we quickly meet Radomus, undercover as a Meteor Grunt. He creates a passage for us, but wants to have the Amethyst Bracelet for a while. Assuming he really is our buddy, I guess it is relatively save with him, even though I'm not completely sure of that.

Anyways, in order to find Luna, the only person captured by El, we have to explore Reborn's black market: 7th Street. As we are part of a local gang, it shouldn't be too much of a problem to get there. Exploring 7th Street again, we fight the remaints of Magma Gang (finally a challenge), get rid off Ms Craudburry, and collect some items and TMs. Of course, we find Bennett, who is apparantly lying in order to lure us into a trap. In order to give Bennett the illusion of his superiority, we agree to "help" him and walk into his trap not that we could progress otherwise. As this part has hardly any Screenshots, time to include two.

Spoiler

capture368gusj7.png

Bennett gets it! 12 points go to Mister Obvious.

Spoiler

capture369tws4d.png

You outnumbered me? Challange accepted. Guess the Julia style would be fun- teaching Kim Explosion and test how sturdy your structure is.

We now get imprissoned, just to get free again thanks to Klefki guy (whose name I cannot remember for some reason, sorry). We head through El's Sanctum, pass by some incompetent religious fanatics, and solve a puzzle centering around religious psalms (is that how it's called? Don't ask me about religions, please xD). With everything out of the way, we can now save Luna. Of course, we aren't alone, as Cain, Radomus, and G.Gardevoir join us. Without much problems, Luna is set free, and Bennett gets mocked good girl Gardevoir.

Before departing, Luna agrees to battle us. Of course we comply and directly head into her valley. As much as Bennett is a creep, he follows us, naturally, as he cannot pass through the Valley himself. He wants to apologize to Luna and kindly asks us to leave- which we naturally decline. After a while, we finally meet Luna, just to see how Bennett tells her how much he loves her. Luna leaves us alone, Bennett turns crazy and needs our keys to get to her. Great.

VS Lepidopterist Bennett

capture370bcszl.png

Spoiler

capture371hnsbe.png

I spent my first turn to set up Rain, tank a Bug Bite, and one shot with Hydro Pump. Now, to summarize the next battles.

capture372oks18.png

capture373a1sd9.png

Thanks to the rain, Hydro Pump one shots and Ren moves first. In order to not miss, Ren is carrying my Wide Lense to boost Accuracy. Assume I defeated Dustox the same way, the Screen is unfortunately missing.

capture374b1aqk.png

Now, the rain stops, so a Hydro Pump is not enough, but the battle is almost over anyways.

capture3751xx5c.png

Acrobatics finishes after his healing.

capture3767jyla.png

Whatever, you'll lose.

Acrobatics defeats Venomoth, too.

capture377atyxu.png

Exactly.

Victory on my first try. With better items, this fight was much easier, especially as this field isn't as troublesome as Serra's Mirrors.

Bennett whines a bit more and tells us he wants his revenge and that Luna is going to regret one day to have refused him. With him out of the way, we can finally battle Luna.

VS Dark Dreamer Luna

(I deleted the Battle screen, whoopsie)

Spoiler

capture378n7ykv.png

capture379uyat4.png

A Jump Kick one shots those two.

capture38054lvl.png

I set up a Sword Dance, a Psycho Cut puts Shelly down to roughly 100 HP. Afterwards, a X-Scissor defeats Malamar. Afterwards, thanks to Metronome...

capture381rxbts.png

capture382w0a9c.png

capture383mklu7.png

...the rest of her team goes down to a X-Scissor in one go.

capture3840iads.png

capture385a8x3r.png

Pretty much an easy battle. Originally, I planned to use solely Shelly, but she was unable to one shot her Bisharp with one Sword Dance, and Luna never let me use two. Guess it worked out nonetheless, though.

Now, we get the next badge, raising our level cap to 65, as well as getting the TM for Dark Pulse (could be useful in some cases, we'll see).

The next Chapter will probably have to wait some time. I want to train some more (especially getting rid off some flaws in IV) and prepare before leaving Reborn. I'll probably post an Update with my team members before covering the content up to Samson. So, until next time~

Team Update

As announced, the Update of my Team/Sqaud; the training I did is finally over~

Pok%C3%A9monsprite_652_XY.gif

Spoiler

capture386ptssb.png

capture387c7sjn.png

My physical wall; moveset is almost finished- Rock Smash will be replaced with Brick Break after Samson, but ultimately with Drain Punch.

Pok%C3%A9monsprite_407_XY.gif

Spoiler

capture388gisoy.png

capture389fmstw.png

I guess this moveset is one you don't see so often on Roserade, but I have good experience with it. And I'm lazy to breed one with Extrasensory

Pok%C3%A9monsprite_189_XY.gif

Spoiler

capture390tks6m.png

capture3919xssf.png

I feel like this is the best you can currently run with TM-Sword Dance. Note: In order to spare me some time with breeding, I used a Sandbox-Tutor to teach Seed Bomb (and the only cheating I've done, more or less). But I guess I'll mostly spamm Acronatics anyways^^

Pok%C3%A9monsprite_542_Schillernd_XY.gif

Spoiler

capture404uoskg.png

capture405dusoj.png

Nothing really changed, actually.

Pok%C3%A9monsprite_272_Weiblich_Schiller

Spoiler

capture398cbs1a.png

capture399alsyj.png

I stated it mutlple times, but: I want Suuuuuuuuuuuuuurf! Hydro Pump missed too many times for me to like it in this run xD

Pok%C3%A9monsprite_711_XY.gif

Spoiler

capture392mis80.png

capture393kks7u.png

A relatively bulky and hard hitter; if the item-guide is still up to date, I'll properly replace Leech Seed with Flame Charge for some extra coverage.

Pok%C3%A9monsprite_103_XY.gif

Spoiler

capture394vosu2.png

capture395c9s9t.png

Not much to say here, I will probably run rather a Berry than TwistedSpoon in boss battles.

Pok%C3%A9monsprite_549_XY.gif

Spoiler

capture396m3s0z.png

capture39709sps.png

A new adjustment to the team, should help against Samson/Ciel

Pok%C3%A9monsprite_275_Weiblich_XY.gif

Spoiler

capture400ptsjd.png

capture4019vsfu.png

I don't know if Tengu will see much Screen time, but I trained her just in case. In the end, Dark Pulse > Extrasensory for some extra Special Dark STAB.

Pok%C3%A9monsprite_346_XY.gif

Spoiler

capture402h1sbs.png

capture403ycsbr.png

I took some of Rini's bulk to slightly boost her offense.

Pok%C3%A9monsprite_332_Weiblich_XY.gif

Spoiler

capture4079mk9y.png

capture406yjkf2.png

Nothing to say here, too.

Pok%C3%A9monsprite_586c_XY.gif

Spoiler

capture408ljk3h.png

capture409cdkbm.png

I am no big fan of recoil moves, so I hope return will soon be available :3

Pok%C3%A9monsprite_045_Weiblich_XY.gif

Spoiler

capture412a6jyb.png

capture413p7kb7.png

Jessie turned from a Special Wall to Sweeper- if that is even possible with her Speed. Let's just say she now hits way harder xD

Pok%C3%A9monsprite_071_XY.gif

Spoiler

capture410khk23.png

capture411t4k84.png

James has a mostly physical orientation, but Leaf Storm might hurt some opponents nonetheless.

Pok%C3%A9monsprite_673_XY.gif

Spoiler

capture416pik3a.png

capture4175wjeu.png

My last adjustment; a bulky and hard hitter with potentially quite some recovery.

Pok%C3%A9monsprite_709_XY.gif

Spoiler

capture4157ikxj.png

capture414xxj5q.png

Some sort of place holder. I did not raise his leve any further, and will probably only use hm whenever I need to Curse an opponent.

That's everyone I trained so far and (potentially) plan to use against the coming bosses (excluding new mons yet to come) turned out to be more than I thought, whoops. Items will probably change most of the time, so what you see here might not be equipped all the time.

If anybody has any ideas for improvement/adjustments, feel free to leave them below. I haven't yet progressed with the story, as I still have to do some shopping and want to make sure I have as many (useful) TM's/items/etc as possible before leaving the town. So, until next time~

Have you thought of running a Shiftry set like this?

kzFNcLL.pngzZR21Y8.png

The ability doesn't matter that much. Also as a Seedot it also gets Sunny Day and as you use a few Chlorophyll pokemon that might be usefull.

Also I think that on the Shiftry that you already run Extrasensory would be better than Foul Play.

@St0mpa While this set looks interesting and I might try it in the future, I currently don't feel like training another mon. But thanks anyways! Similar with Extrasensory: For adding it, I would need a new mon, which I currently don't feel like doing (soon).

But pointing out the Chlorophyll part made me think of including a Sun-setter. Some of the Mons don't have many useful alternatives imo, so I rather picked them based on stats etc- conveniently, most of them had Chlorphyll. Maybe the following guy might help him utilizing their ability (which my Vileplume could need *cough*). Maybe not the strongest mon, but like this I do not need to (necessarily) include Sunny Day in somebody else's moveset.

Pok%C3%A9monsprite_421_XY.gifPok%C3%A9monsprite_421a_XY.gif

Spoiler

capture419tzbxc.png

capture420ndyfe.png

I think this is a pretty common set for Cherrim (based on what I found in the web) and basically fits with my needs. Sunny Days for extra use in Doubles (potentially) and extra Speed, Solar Beam as main attacking move (immediately usable thanks to Sunny Day) and Weather Ball for some extra coverage (now that I think about it: a perfect move to counter Fern's Ferrothorn... well done Neco! Especially as it's not very difficult to breed xD).

Again, this should be my last idea. If I get some other (or feel like including something else), I'll probably use my main file for some transferring in case I already left Reborn. Than again, I cannot wait to get some of the mons that are yet to come xD

Chapter XII: Rise of the Terrawr

A rather short chapter, as hardly anything happened. In fact, I feel like the events between two gym leaders slowly start to decrease; however, this doesn't mean that battles become easier. In fact, the battles I fear most are yet to come.

Anyways, after reuniting with Cain, we soon realizing that something is wrong in Agate City (note: bear with me if the names are incorrect, I tend to mix the city names in the Circus part). Everybody is sleeping and the only persons we find are Hardy and Aya, sleeping on the ground. Before we can interact with them, Terra appears and knocks them away with a freaking oversized hammer. Terra in action; you either hate or love her, probably. I rather like her, but Reborn has no real characters I dislike to begin with, though.

We flee into the circus and after meeting with its Ringmaster and three Gym Leaders; Samson (Fighting), Terra (Ground) and Ciel (Flying), are tasked with finding Hardy. Of course, our protagonist doesn't refuse and on we go. After heading through Route 2, we find a big villa, where Amaria and her Girlfriend Titania (Steel type leader, quite a few new leaders we've met), live. I already accidentally met Titania in Route 1, even though I tried to prevent it (then again, I don't know what triggers it; I passed multiple times by without triggering the Titania event). It seems Hardy is Tania's brother and resting in their apartement. We soon are informed by breaking TV news that Meteor is attacking two cities atop the mountain, with only a group led by Saphira acting as a form of defense. Of course, Hardy immediately wants to head there, but needs Surf first. The two girls have it, but don't want to give it to us without the respective Badge.

So, we regroup anew at Agate Circus and face the next gym battle without further ado.

VS Strong Man Samson

capture421w4ss8.png

Spoiler

capture422elsjw.png

I want to give Samson a chance of winning, so I lead with Jessie. A Moon Blast does slightly more than half HP damage, but a Heavy Slam (of course over 9000) one shots Jessie.

capture423y8s3v.png

Play time's over. Start of my original strategy. Samson heals and a Sleep Powder misses, but it hits in the second turn. Afterwards, I set up Quiver Dance for 2 rounds (boosted in the field, each time a +2 insted of just +1) while Hariyama sleeps. Afterwards, a field boosted Petal Dance one shotd Hariyama, while Rocky Helmet does some tiny recoil. Then...

capture42417szq.png

(Imagine the same with Blaziken, pushed the wrong button xD)

capture42582s6c.png

Those three go down without any problems. Then...

capture426ozsrt.png

I knew Lucario had a Focus Sash, but had to realize that Lily cannot survive a powerful Brick Break. Guess 4 of 6 is still good.

capture427xosx6.png

Samson heals Lucario, while an Extrasensory takes 2/3 of its HP. An Extreme Speed does negligible damage before another Extrasensory takes it out.

capture4286bsml.png

Position 52 with Terra?

Anyways, for some extra time against Conkeldurr, I want to paralyze it... but why should Stun Spore hit? A Poison Jab OHKOs.

capture429pkstd.png

Again, giving Samson a chance. After receiving a powerful Drain Punch (2/3 damage), Spike seeds. In the next round, I do some chip damage with Spiky Shield. While the Shield has to recharge, a nice Rock Smash does okayish damage, but another powerful Drain Punch takes out Spike (based on my math Leech Seed should've reganerated enough to survive it, but guess I was wrong).

capture430pvshl.png

Acrobatics+Sharp Peck=enough to take Conkeldurr's remaining HP.

capture431cqs7m.png

Do I want to know what's worse?

Victory on my first try. All in all a pretty easy battle, allowing me for some misplays inbetween. Lily and Julia were probably more than enough to sweep his team. The boosted Quiver Dance, Petal Dance and Acrobatics are just ideal to counter (sweep) his team. I guess an easy battle before the next leader *shudder*

Anyways, with a new badge our level cap doesn't increase, we can now use and pick up Surf and get the TM for Brick Break- which gives my Spike, temporarily, a usable fighting STAB (as I'm not exactly too big of a Hammer Arm fan) until Drain Punch is available. I'm currently preparing for Charlotte, we'll see how this battle goes. Until next time~

Chapter XIII: When Plants Extinguish Fire...

...you have to feel motivated. As a result, this Chapter follows rather quickly. Before posting the last part previously, I've already defeated Aster/Eclipse, so not much story left for me to play through.

Anyways, while picking up our HM for Surf (Finally! Bye bye Hydro Pump on Ren), we have to see a scene between Amaria and Titania. We side with Amy (cause she > Tania, imo, which doesn't mean I hate Titania), but have to see how she still wants to commit suicide and jumps down a waterfall. Titania jumps too, so that somebody can take care of Amaria. Of course, she threatens us to go get her back up. Which requires the HM for Waterfall, which requires some other fetch quest. Yay!

With a new task, we go head to Celestine Mountain and pass through it. On our way, we find Hardy and the poison siblings, pointing out how a giant iceberg blocks the way to Ametrine City- so no way to get there atm. We continue our Journey, just to get bombed by Pulse!Clawitzer attacks. Saphira protects us, but we have to take the long run to get to the next city. Some bombs later, our group splits and we team up with Aya. On our way, we soon accidentally meet Meteor Grunts, just to run into Aster and Eclipse. Eclipse isn't really motivated, but we stil have to battle them.

VS Meteor Knight/Dame Aster & Eclipse

capture432bgsqe.png

Spoiler

(first Image with their Rocks is missing)

I lead with Ren, Aya with Dragalge. My Surf almost one shots both Lunatone and Solrock, while Dragalge hardly takes any damage. Lunatone counters with Blizzard, which Ren takes fairly well, but Dragalge not so much, Solrock's Rock Slide does some more damage; Aya uses Sludge Bomb to take out Solrock.

capture433mlso3.png

Aya switches to Venusaur, Lunatone is healed, which is immediately undone by Surf and Rhyperior defeated.

capture434wlslj.png

I continue with Surf; Lunatone is finally defeated, while Electivire takes it fairly well. It counters with a Thunder Punch, defeating Ren, after which Venusaur puts it into critical range with Power Whip.

capture4350ys1a.png

Heidi starts with an Earthquake, putting the Meteors into critical range (Electivire is healed before, without any effect), breaking the field. Magmortar counters with Heat Wave, putting Heidi in critical range and defeating Venusaur.

capture436i9saq.png

Earthquake defeats both aces and puts Nidoqueen down to half HP.

capture437r7s8m.png

After an Horn Leech on Golurk (taking roughly 2/3 HP), Heidi is above half HP, roughly, thanks to Big Root, after which Milotic damages our side quite a bit with a Bizzard, freezing Heidi too; Nidoqueen uses for whatever reason Flamethrower on Golurk, halving its remaining HP. A Dynamic Punch puts an end to Heidi.

capture4385jsc0.png

Aya switches back to Dragalge, after which Shelly one shots Milotic with Leaf Blade. Golurk uses a Bulldoze which hardly damages Shelly (but Dragalge a bit more), though the Speed reduction may hurt more.

capture439iys4d.png

I focus on one side for now, so a critical X-Scissor almost defeats Vileplume, after which a Sludge Bomb takes out Shelly and Golurk sets up a Phantom Force; Hydro Pump misses.

capture440p1sdc.png

Venoshock gets rid off Vileplume, as does Phantom Force with Dragalge.

capture441hdsp5.png

A Venoshock on Aromatisse takes a bit more than half HP, Tentacruel's Muddy Water does nothing on Golurk (the field gave it an Electric sub-type) and puts Aromatisse down to critical range. A Dynamic Punch confuses Tentacruel, but Rocky Helmet recoil defeats Golurk (my favourite part of the battle). A Thunder from Aromatisse misses.

capture442l7sc8.png

The photo is taken a bit too late; Venoshock defeated Aromatisse, Tentacruel hurt itself and a Struggle Bug was rather weak.

Now, with a 2 on 1, this is pretty much over. A NP-Discharge halves Vespiquen, almost defeats Tentacruel and paralyzes her, who just hurts and koes herself. Vespiqueen fires another weak Struggle Bug off.

capture44344sa2.png

Now, I can freely Discharge to defeat Vespiquen.

capture4442gsmi.png

capture445n4spz.png

Yeah, right. Good joke.

A tough fight imo, especially when Aya makes some dubious choices. Above was my second try, in my first I led with shelly to rely on Sticky Web again, but their team is pretty slow, so it was a lost turn and put more pressure on me than I could handle; in the end, Vespiquen swept most of my team and I had only Spike left to handle Aromatisse (hint: not working). Believe it or not, Aya's decision were even worse, so I had even less regrets to rely on EQ, Discharge and Surf in my second try.

Anyways, Eclipse decides to resign from Meteor and deactivates the Pulse!Clawitzer, even though this wasn't our goal. Sirius takes these words not well and "kills" Eclipse with his Chandelure by burning her soul (as much as I understood it, her body is still "intact"). Afterwards, he targets us, but Aya interfers and gets taken as hostage... great. We can leave (not before we pick up the TM for Grass Knot) and meet with the resistance, Cain and Hardy in Calceon.

In a pretty funny scene between Fern, Hardy and Saphira, Fern manages to piss us off anew. In a less pleasant scene, Laura looses her poisition in the Elite 4 and a certain Bennett takes his place. Great. In another scene, Charlotte tricks Meteor to buy us some time- especially for the Gym battle, which is probably what you want to read, right? However, a new recruit beforehand~

Spoiler

capture446ufs8i.png

With Prankster as an ability, this set should function somewhat as a mixture between support (Tailwind) and offense. I love this mon and the potential it has with Prankster, so you might see a few other ones as well. Hurricane was a bit misplaning on my side, as I was convinced it could learn Rain Dance, but I guess it can have some use, as I frequently use Rain Dance with Ren. I love Nature Power, as you might've guessed so far, so heavy priority attacks are nice (NP is still affected by Prankster).

VS Firebug Charlotte

capture447dqs46.png

Spoiler

capture4480psvs.png

To summarize this encounter...

capture449mzsh0.png

Quick Claw allows myself to set up a Grassy Field (Jessie). Just to...

capture4500ks2w.png

...change it even further with Sludge Wave (Rini, Quick Claw). Now, Charlotte lost quite a bit of her offense. Jessie did what she was supposed to do, so I have no regrets to see how a Over Heat and Flare Blitz take her out (hardly scratching Rini).

capture451yqsv5.png

I forgot the entry damage this field does (a tiny flaw in my strategy), which immediately halves Ren's HP. Nevertheless, Charlotte heals Darmanitan, Quick Claw activates again, allowing Rini to take out Typhlosion with an Ancient Power, after which Ren sets up rain (now, I don't really fear her fire STAB at all).

capture452yiusp.png

Now, Ren is the fastest mon thanks to Swift Swim. A Surf one shots Darmanitan, boosts Rini, and puts Rotom in critical range. It scratches Ren with HP, just to get defeated by another Ancient Power.

capture45327um5.png

The next canon fodder, already taking entry hazard. Rini's Quick Claw activate again and Volcarona survives an Ancient Power thanks to its Berry; nonetheless, another Surf defeats Charlotte's side and boosts Rini even further.

capture4548zut7.png

In this Corrosive field? Sure.

Drought and Rain change the field, not that it matters much at this point anyways...

capture455quukg.png

Rini moves first again, defeating Ninetales with a final Ancient Power.

capture45643uy8.png

You don't know how relieved I am~

Victory on my first real try, not counting the many times I had to reset so that both Quick Claws could activate (if I'm not mistaking, the chance for this is 4%). With this out of the way, Charlotte lost a huge amount of her offense, especially with the rain hurting her even more. Afterwards, the combination of Ren+Rini simply destroyed her team, taking her of every momentum she could get.

Anyways, this new badge raises our level cap to 75, can now use Dive outside of battle, and get the pretty useless for this run TM Flamethrower. Before leaving, I post my team after defeating Charlotte to talk a bit of the other mons and their potential uses. Until next time~

Spoiler

capture4578quft.png

Jessie/Rini had both a Quick Claw, and paired with Ren (Damp Rock), their roles were shown above.

James should be a potential counter to maybe finish Ninetales, in case I had to rely on him (through Chlorophyll, he should've been able to outspeed it and maybe deal enough damage to defeat it).

Rose (Poison Barb) should deal some massive damage with field boosted Venoshock in case Ren or Rini were defeated.

Fluffy (Occa Berry as I missed ideas) should try Hurricane (in the rain)/NP or give some more support via Tail Wind.

Chapter XIV: Memes, Memes, and More Memes

So, after defeating Charlotte, we can head to Ametrine City. However, there is a certain obstacle we have to overcome first.

VS Avalugg

capture4581vsgz.png

Spoiler

capture459vhsx7.png

I'm not willing to deal with his Defense, and Deku has exactly two turns (the first Rock Slide misses). Enough for both Curse and Will-o-Wisp.

capture4604osui.png

The usual outstalling of Spiky Shield and Leech Seed is enough to win.

capture461w9s8f.png

A rather short and uneventful fight. The real trouble comes soon enough.

So, in Ametrine City we can finally start looking for Heather and soon learn how a Guardian Angel fed the town, preventing further chaos. I guess we can all tell who this Angel is? *wink wink* a girl with a Salamence *wink wink* Anyways, after learning about ZEL's backstory, we meet Blake. I don't know if I'm alone with it, but I hate this character even more than I do hate Fern and can't tell you how much I want my sweet lil' Spike smack his face whenever he tries to say something.

Enough rambling. We soon learn how he is an Agent of Meteor and is willing to free Heather for the Ruby ring, which I naturally decline. This doesn't change anything, though, as Blake takes the ring anyways. Please, game, allow me to smack some Meteors x.x I'm sick of seeing how they attack people and manage to rob us (or other character) or attack them non stop. After meeting a now changed Cal, he tells what we need to know and manages to slow down Blake. After a nice puzzle, We manage to walk near a den and free Heather. Some happy reuniting between the two girls later, we can move on and smack battle some Meteor grunts. First, we team up with Cal, afterwards with Shelly (I have to admit, I do like the development she undergoes in this part).

Upon reaching the top of the mountain and entering the cave, we are stopped by Aster. Time for another interesting battle!

VS Meteor Ace Aster

capture462tasda.png

Spoiler

capture463c2sho.png

I set up Rain, Aster Stealth Rock. Afterwards, a Surf takes Solrock out.

capture464cjsvp.png

Trying to train this little guy. A Weather Ball (now Water) almost defeats Rhyperior, but a Megahorn defeats.

capture465jrsde.png

Aster tries to heal Rhyperior, but each time Horn Leech takes the healing, until it finally goes down.

capture466eise3.png

You now what Surf does? On we go.

capture467lbsca.png

A Surf puts in low yellow, but a Thunder Punch takes Ren out anyways. Oh, the rain ends.

capture468s5s08.png

After Life Orb damage, Electivire has not much left. A Horn Leech defeats.

capture469vcszk.png

A Horn Leech puts in red, but a Stone Edge is a OHKO.

capture4700bs0x.png

To reduce the effectiveness of his last threat, Milotic, I set up Grassy Terrain first, which greatly reduces the effectiveness of Stone Edge. A boosted Giga Drain clearly takes it out.

capture471tksgo.png

A Giga Drain almost defeats, while an Ice Beam does good damage and, naturally, freezes. Jessie can't move and goes down.

capture4723usmz.png

Milotic healed enough. Roserade ends this fight.

capture47398s2a.png

Yep. Leave the dark side. We have cookies.

All in all, not too difficult. Ruby was a bit disappointing, but I hardly trained him though.

Of course, we have to battle Blake too, so let's go.

VS Meteor Agent Blake

capture474lvsml.png

Spoiler

capture475oisg7.png

Welp, I'm not going to let Blake abuse the field. Ruby moves first and sets up Sunny Day. Afterwards, a Blizzard takes him out, but misses Jessie, who takes a Thunderbolt pretty well. Finally, Grassy Terrain set, too.

capture476igs17.png

Thanks to Chlorophyll, Jessie moves first and takes a bit more than half of Rotom with a Giga Drain, after which Rose takes out Jynx with another Giga Drain. Ultimately, Thunderbolt is still weak on Jessie.

capture477husl0.png

Rotom is healed, but two Giga Drain take out Vanilluxe.

Starting here, I forgot to either take Screens or pushed the wrong button, sorry! Parts of the battle have to do without.

Weavile is sent, which Jessie cannot defeat in one go with Giga Drain (maybe I've should try Moonblast?). Anyways, a critical Nightslash almost defeats Rose, but he manages to defeat Weavile with another Giga Drain. Rotom tries a new Blizzard, which takes out Rose, but misses Jessie, again.

Froslass and Jewels (Sawsbuck) are sent. A Giga Drain and Horn Leech take out Frosloss, disabling the moves, of course. A Thunderbolt is okay on Jewels.

Walrein is sent. A Moonblast lowers Walrein's Sp.Atk and a Jump Kick puts it down to red, but both another Thunderbolt and Avalanche take out Jewels.

Spike is sent. A Seed Bomb and Moonblast take out Walrein, while a Shadow Ball is okay on Jessie.

capture482pbsq7.png

An image! A Moon Blast does roughly half hp damage, a Blizzard puts Spike in red, misses Jessie, allowing a Seed Bomb to finish this battle.

capture483dtswo.png

This battle was a pain in the ass. I think in my third or fourth try I managed to win (not counting the times I had to reset because they immediately took out Jessie, as I was not willing to fight in his field). In this try Jessie was extremely lucky when it came to Blizzard, but I guess this is just justified after getting destroyed multiple times.

Anyaways, we now learn how a certain Terra is responsible for the mess in Agate. Before Blake leaves, Heather and Cal arrive, taking back the Ruby Ring. With it being now in Heather's possession (and me being unsure whether I like it or not, but our character let's others rob him/her anyways), we can face Terra. After a Megaman.exe reference (at least for me, loved this show as a kiddie xD), we enter Glitch world. In order to please Terra haters, lets skip it. Not that much happens anyways worth noting.

Nothing much but a new recruit!

Spoiler

capture4840rsm1.png

As you might guess with this moveset, I trained Santa as a special mon (I'll probably train a physical one too when I'm done with E16). Ice Shard is here for some utility (especially against Terra, where it is treated as a special move) and Grass Knot until Giga Drain is available legitimately. Currently, Snow Warning is the ability, but will be changed at least during Ciel.

*cough* okay, time for a battle.

VS PKMPKMNT M2

capture485v9s8y.png

Spoiler

The first screen is missing. Sorry, you better get used to it in this and the next part xD

Omelette (Exeggutor) survives a Psystrike to paralyze Mewto. It can't move for a while, so Omelette manages some Chip damage.

capture486ecsl1.png

X-Scissor pretty much trivializes this battle.

capture487siswy.png

And, on we go.

VS M3G4 T3RR4

capture488bls12.png

Spoiler

capture489gesf0.png

Blizzard puts in yellow, but an Extrasensory is a clear OHKO.

capture490kgs8s.png

Excakill tries to set up with Sword Dance, but a Brick Break puts it in critical range. Terra tries to heal, but a second Brick Break takes it out.

capture491t3st2.png

X-Scissor puts in red, after which Psychic leaves 4 HP. Terra heals again, but X-Scisor is still enough.

capture49208s6j.png

Poor Swagsire, having to face an Energy Ball.

capture493gyshl.png

Rose won't sweep here. I set up a layer of Tocis Spikes, after which Rose eats a Stone Edge. After a second layer, he gets taken out.

capture4940sspk.png

Santa gets rid off the Sandstorm and one shots with Grass Knot.

capture49596slc.png

Now, Rawrchomp is immediately badly poisoned and I just have to out stall him. A critical, gem boosted Ice Shard takes only a bit more than half HP (maybe I've should trained Santa a bit? xD) and a Flamethrower takes him out.

capture49606s84.png

Spike is unable to seed and is defeated by Draco Meteor.

capture497k2s2m.png

Terra heals and a Surf doesn't do much. Afterwards, Ren survives a Stone Edge, after which a NP-Metronome Precipice Blade allows Toxis damage to take out Rawrchomp.

capture498a3s5z.png

Finally, type advantage for me! I defeated her in my first try and pretty much used my strategy from my regular run (however, I had Tentacruel set up the Toxic Spikes, who managed to actually defeat the Hippo and Roserade took out Quagsire). Giving Terra's Garchomp a chance to take out your team is a bad idea, so I really like the Toxic Spikes option and fight her with ease.

Anyways, our Level Cap doesn't change and we can use Waterfall, finally. In addition, we get the TM Bullshit, which might become useful. After this battle, I picked a Life Orb for my Rose, which is a nice offensive boost~ I try to post the next Chapter tomorrow, if I have enough free time. Until next time~

Chapter XV: Ups and Downs

So, with HM Waterfall in our possession, we can finally go and save Amaria/Titania. As soon as we reach the Water Treatment Centre, we see how Titania killed some Grunts and immediately continues to do so. As we head through the WTC, Tania slowly cools down and thanks to Taka, we can find our way. A Pulse battle later, the water is clean again.

VS PULSE Swalot

capture499emswt.png

Spoiler

capture500jws6c.png

Santa survives a Sludge Wave (not in my first try, dunno why now...) and changes the field.

capture5016fslr.png

Now, this bastard lost his healing and is less of a pain. An Ice Shard does some chip damage before going down.

capture502y9uiq.png

Rini is unable to take it down, but manages to put it below half.

capture503i2uyr.png

Time for some look here. A NP-Ice Beam freezes this thing, allowing me take it down easily.

capture504dsuqx.png

I needed two tries for Swalot. THe healing in the original field was mostly too much for my mons to overcome, at least without Deku using Curse.

After cleaning the water and passing through the puzzle again (even though it is much easier now) we can finally face Taka. Apparently, Taka doesn't agree anymore with Meteor's ideals and methods after Lin took over, but still feels to work for them. He let's us take both the Saphire Bracelet and Amaria, but before going asks us to do him a favour. Guess I can show the battle.

VS Meteor Admin Taka

capture5050euqs.png

Spoiler

capture5060duv1.png

In the first round, both set up Spike and Rain respectively. Klefki continues with Spike, but a Surf only puts it in critical range. At full health after healing, Ren still can't one shot and has to eat a Thunder Wave before finally defeating Klefki.

capture507o3u2m.png

Acrobatics doesn't defeat, but Ren cannot move. A second Acrobatics defeats her.

capture508d0uo9.png

Santa survives an Acrobatics, winning with Blizzard.

Chatot's coming without a Pic. Ice Shard before going down to Heat Wave.

capture509m6uwv.png

A Boomburst takes out Rose.

capture51039uiq.png

Finally! Rini takes a Boomburst pretty well and takes out Chatot with an Ancient Power.

capture511ljuf0.png

Both sides throw Rock Slides and Ancient Power respectively until Aerodactyl goes down.

capture512xfuh1.png

Leaf Blade activates the Focus Sash after which a Crunch is okay. A second Leaf Blade takes it out.

capture513e6uoy.png

An X-Scissor puts in critical range, after which a critical Rock Slide takes out Shelly.

capture514r1u3g.png

A Brick Break finishes this battle.

capture5159qu1c.png

F12

Gosh, he destroyed me in my first try and was still a pain during my second attempt. I originally planned to follow the story line in which I did not battle him and these two tries I needed to defeat him made me hate him to some point and ultimately made me not doing him a favour xD While we have to wait some more Episodes to see what the right decision is, I have the feeling not fighting him is the correct one, somehow.

Anyways, after getting what we wanted, we have to hurry back to Amaria and Titania's mansion, as Meteor plans to attack it. On our way, we meet Jlulia and Florinia, so we aren't outnumbered as much anymore. Some strategy from Rini later, we form our defense (of course, our protagonist has to carry the weight) and start with battling some Grunts. After defeating them, Sirius and Fern pull of a trick... not that we already know how Fern is part of Meteor now. Sirius, do us all a favour and kill this brat. Please?

Anyways, Julia doesn't manage to stop Blake, so we have to battle him and Fern.

VS Agent Blake and Swag Jockey Fern

capture516i5uld.png

Spoiler

capture517c6uxc.png

Shelly sets up Sticky Web and Haxorus a Dragon Dance, afterwards Walrein takes out both of us with a Blizzard.

I sent in Santa, creating Hail, and Rini sents in Torterra. A pretty bad misplay on my side: Haxorus takes Santa out with a Superpower and Walrein Torterra with a 100% accuracy Blizzard.

Now, we sent in Rose and Tropius. A Poison Jab halves Tropius and a Life Orb boosted Giga Drain takes out Walrein, after which Tropius does okay damage with Body Slam on Haxorus.

capture518xuur2.png

Rini switches to Ferrothorn, negating a Poison Jab and Rose takes out Mamoswine with a Giga Drain.

capture519t6ufl.png

Outrage takes out Rose and a Knock Off takes a bit more than half of Ferrothorn, who takes out Haxorus with a Gyro Ball.

capture52077um0.png

Somehow, I thought they would attack Spike and used Spiky Shield, but they took out Ferrothorn with Night Slash and HP.

capture5213wu6o.png

Before Tropius can do anything, it is taken out by Ice Shard and another HP leaves Spike barely above half. He can, at least, take out Weavile with a Brick Break.

Jynx and Cradily are sent. HP still leaves a few HP on Spike, after which Jynx barely survives a Brick Break and takes him out with Psychic. Cradily then takes out Jynx with Rock Slide and deals some okay damage on Roserade.

capture5227plvd.png

Unfortunately, Rini's Cradily has no Storm Drain, so a Surf is okay on pretty much everybody. A Thunderbolt and Giga Drain put Ren in critical range, which does another Rock Slide, too. Then, another Surf takes out both opponents.

capture5230za82.png

Another Surf halves both opponents and is disabled (not that it matters anymore), after which an Ice Beam ends Ren. Rock Slide defeats Froslass and puts Scizor in critical range, but a Bug Bite stil defeats him.

capture524qjzbw.png

Breloom finishes Scizor. Finally a 2 on 1 (especially as we have only Rini and Breloom left, I think. At leat we only have Rini left).

capture52588lwr.png

Krookodile is puts to sleep, after which a Giga Drain does a bit more than half. Breloom than takes it out with Giga Drain.

capture526gcym3.png

Quick Claw activates and a Giga Drain ends it.

capture5279aljs.png

Sticky Web actually boosts Serperior, but it can hardly damage us, so who cares? Ancient Power and Drain Punch/Giga Drain slowly defeat Serperior, which tries in vain to heal up with Giga Drain.

capture528nqb7b.png

capture529v8am7.png

How many times are you saying this?

I have to admit, this battle started with some misplays on my side when I sent in Santa so early. I'm just glad I continued, as this was my first try.

Now, onwards to the Main Dish~

VS Orderly John and Meteor Leader Solaris

capture530dcxue.png

Spoiler

capture531m3x8p.png

A Foul Play on Scizor is okay, after which I set up a Sticky web. An U-Turn on Shelly leaves a few HP and sends in Excadrill, which is immediately slown down. Whiscash sets up Dragon Dance.

Another Foul Play on Excadrill, after which a Leaf Blade takes out Whiscash, as does an X-Scissor with Shelly.

capture532epzn2.png

Foul Play and Surf take out Excadrill (Surf is okay on Eelektross) and a Thunderbolt isn't too bad on Ren.

capture5335xaq6.png

Electrode uses an HP on Eelektross, after it is taken out by Surf and puts Tyranitar at roughly half HP and Eelektross in critical range. Afterwards, a Thunderbolt and Earthquake take out Ren.

capture5344ey2c.png

A Brick Break takes out Eelektross, HP is okay on Tyranitar, which uses Dragon Dance.

capture5359xb0a.png

A Brick Break defeats Tyranitar, as does a Thunderbolt on Slowbro.

capture536sdxyx.png

Spike uses Spiky Shield, but Waterfall goes on Magnezone (still over half). A Thunderbolt then takes out Gyarados and a Thunder Punch on Spike fails.

capture5372lz6k.png

A Brick Break puts Kecleon under half HP and a critical Thunderbolt takes out Scizor; a Thunder Punch on Spike is pretty weak.

capture538qkl8y.png

A Snarl from Mandibuzz is pretty weak, A Brick Break defeats Kecleon and a now weakend Thunderboltputs Mandibuzz only in critical range.

capture539bdy4u.png

A Snarl continues to be weak, a Brick Break puts Magnezone slihtly above half, a Thunderbolt takes out Mandibuzz, as does an HP with Julia.

capture54029lg1.png

Spike manages to seed Garchomp and barely survives a Fire Fang. Afterwards, Eelektross' Flamethrower buts Magnezone in critical range and burns it. Afterwards, a Discharge takes out Spike and burning damage Magnezone.

capture541lpzmf.png

Pushing my luck a bit, but a Fire Fang of course takes out Santa. A Giga Drain is rather weak. (2 on 1 btw)

capture54283s0c.png

A NP-Tri Attack puts roughly below half, after which an Earthquake leaves roughly 1/3 HP. Flamethrower is pretty wek and Leech Seed heals quite a bit. Finally, a Giga Drain finishes this battle.

capture543p2saf.png

capture544j4sej.png

Another first try victory and this battle felt much easier. Funny how Spike and Magnezone defeated most of their team.

Anyways, Sirius revels how we was responsible in burning Charlotte's familiy's Mansion and wants to do the same here, but Titania prevents him, forcing Meteor retreat. With this out of the way, we can finally hunt some Seel!

VS Skydancer Ciel Seel

capture545w5sj1.png

Spoiler

capture546b0shr.png

Similar attempt as I used against Samson. Lily can set up (only eating one Air Slash) and takes out Togekiss easily.

capture5478qskq.png

However, it ends quickly. Guess her level is too low to survive an Acrobatics or one shot Noivern with 4x resistance.

capture548qssrj.png

Ciel heals, but a Frost Breath takes it out anyways.

capture5496hs8h.png

Fluffy's only purpose in this battle is, unfortunately, to set up Tailwind before going down to Acrobatics.

capture5501rsuw.png

A Surf is a clear OHKO.

capture5515qscz.png

Now, Talonflame starts with a Sword Dance, barely surviving an Ancient Power. She uses her remaining Potions, but as Rini isn't getting any boost, Ancient Power cannot take Talonflame out.

capture5522ns0v.png

But an Ice Shard can :3

capture553s9spk.png

A Giga Drain does a bit more than half HP damage, but an Acrobatics takes Rose out.

capture554cfsmx.png

Ren surprises me and outspeeds Gliscor, defeating him with a Surf.

capture555wsszr.png

Yes, your slaughter.

capture556w1szl.png

Now, the easy part of this battle. A weak Earthquake is weak, while a Frost Breath puts it down to critical HP. Afterwards, an Ice Shard ends this battle.

capture557f5sx7.png

What. A. Freakin'. Pain in the ass. I don't know how many times I had to reset in order to win this battle or to just get a hold of her strategy. Soundproof on Santa pretty much trivializes her Altaria (i.e. her only mon I did not fear), but her team could easily sweep me. I was kinda lucky in this attempt, so I'll take it. I'm just glad my last weakness is out of the way, honestly. In addition, I think it is rather funny how Ciel seems to know which item we are carrying- whenever Lily was carrying a bossting Item, she ruined her flow with Thunderwave, whereas she used Air Slash (excluding one time) when she carried a Cheri Berry. Training mons like Lily and Fluffy a bit more coul've helped, but let's be honest: Indra is a bastard. When I tried to battle him, I got the colours I could hardly beat (and definitely not with the mons I needed to train *cough*).

Anyways, with this new badge, we can finally head back to Reborn City, as we can now use Fly outside of battle. In addition, we may now raise our Level to 80 and get the semi-useful TM Acrobatics. Until next time~

Chapter XVI: Fairy Tale Gone Bad

Hello everybody to the last Chapter of Episode 16. After recently beating Ciel, we can finally head back to Reborn City. To describe the change in one word: amazing! I guess Adrienn and Co put really a lot of work into it. Anyways, Ame has some more work to handle and asks us to gather Victoria, Arclight and Adrienn. Doing so, we can do some adjustments to items and movesets (e.g. Drain Punch on Spike) and already inspect a bit of the City. When everyone is gathered, Ame explains her plan.

As it seems, Meteor installed a base in Devon Corps, where coincidentally their leader, Lin, is currently too. Ame, Reborn's Champion plot twist, wants to settle things once and for all, needing our strength. Of course, we comply and meet Victoria and Arclight to storm the base. After a first battle, we find the tracer Adrienn and Ame carried who stormed the front in contrast to us. Oh oh, not a good sign. Some moments later, we start to get seperated even further, until we are alone. A last remark: Victoria finally isn't getting on our nerves, yay!

It appears we were knocked out and wake up near a healing station- everybody who played a Pokemon game usually knows what this mean, battle time! We can only head into a cage, oppoising another cage, which Victoria fills. Afterwards, Lin declares our punishment: We have to battle each other in order to progress. The winner may pass, the loser will get punished. Of course, we battle Victoria.

VS Apprentice Victoria

capture558bmkgf.png

Spoiler

capture559ujkrg.png

Shelly survives an U-Turn with a total of 5 HP, managing to set up Sticky Web. Mienshao is replaced with Togekiss. In order not to risk a death on the switch, I leave Shelly, manage to land a Leaf Blade before going down to Air Slash (it missed once).

capture5606mjbc.png

A Venoshock with Life Orb is more than enough.

capture561u0jwb.png

Thanks to Sticky Web, Mienshao is slower and goes down to Giga Drain.

capture562ccker.png

Thanks to a Berry, Gallade survives a Moonblast, after which a Zen Headbutt puts Fluffy in the yellow. A second Moonblast defeats it.

capture563l0j5q.png

A Moonblast at 4x weakness? You can guess the result.

capture564khjao.png

Lucario sets up with Calm Mind, but a Drain Punch is another OHKO.

capture565r4khm.png

Emboar barely survives a critical Surf, just to finish off Ren with a critical Superpower.

capture566noklp.png

Venoshock ends the battle.

I forgot the final words, sorry! Something like sorry Kiki? I have no idea lol

A pretty easy battle, even though I'm slightly underlevelled.

After the battle, Victoria is punished with electro shocks as we are allowed to continued. A few puzzles later, we find the next cage and are confronted with Arclight. Apparently, Adrienn refused to battle, but we agree to face Arclight without further ado.

VS Dj Arclight

capture567lfjf2.png

Spoiler

capture5681sjgx.png

As he has some fast mon, I start with Sticky Web, taking a Crunch pretty well. Afterwards, Shelly sets up a Swords Dance, taking a Superpower (now in yellow). Finally, a X-Scissor takes out Luxray.

capture56962kzy.png

A Hurricane misses, while an Ancient Power does a bit more than half. Noivern is healed, but another AP puts him back to half again. The next turn, a Heat Wave is pretty weak, before it finally goes down to AP.

capture570njjgk.png

Jolteon is slower thanks to Sticky Web and takes some good damage from Giga Drain, after which a Discharge puts below half and changes the field. Arclight attempts to heal, but a Giga Drain is stronger, defeating it the next turn and healing Rose quite a bit (leaving a bit more than Life Orb recoil).

capture57137jqf.png

In case I need to stall his ace, I use Exploud to set up two layers of Toxic Spikes.

capture572bekzp.png

Two Drain Punches, with a Boomburst inbetween (leaving Spike a few HP), take out Exploud.

capture573tkkzq.png

An attempt to train Shelly; a critical X-Scissor puts Raichu in critical range, but an effective HP takes her out.

capture57471j27.png

Energy Ball ends.

capture575g9ktz.png

Now, the main dish.

capture5768hj3n.png

A Moonblast halves, a Zap Cannon misses and a second Moonblast ends this battle. Welp, looks like I'm wrong to fear this guy in this run xD

capture57736k8n.png

Can't say I'm too happy with winning.

Another rather easy battle. I had more problems in my regular run with him, so I actually feared him a bit.

After winning, Arclight falls down a hole as we can progress. Shortly after, we witness how Lin defeats Ame. May I point out how I'm sceptical of this result? Alolan Ninetales loosing to Hydreigon? Nevertheless, we are forced to see how Lin commands her mon to kill Ame. I guess she really hated to be part of the game? As I knew what was happening, I was prepared now, but the first time I saw this I just went "WTF?!?".

After this tragic scene, we move forward and solve yet another puzzle which completely destroys the feeling. Shortly after, we meet a panicking ZEL, who needs to secure the PULSE machines/mons. Of course, they challange us.

VS Meteor Admin ZEL

capture578gjkcv.png

Spoiler

capture5796wkep.png

A Drain Punch activates the Focus Sash and an Ice Beam only takes half HP thanks to the berry. Afterwards, ZEL heals, I use Leech Seed trying to lure her in healing even more, but the next Drain Punch defeats it without healing Aurorus. Damn you ZEL! xD

capture580q8jpt.png

A Psyshock takes a bit more than half, but a X-Scissor one shots.

Glaceon sent, which I use to set up Sticky Web and sacrifying her after a Blizzard. The hail ends, the main reson for not switching.

capture581bvjfm.png

Ren's Surf is rather weak, Blizzard leaves 1 HP. Afterwards, Ren can do some more damage before going down.

capture582u8j7v.png

Glaceon is healed, which a critical Drain Punch takes anew. Afterwards, the next punch takes it out.

capture5831gj6k.png

Rini is but down to a bit more than 1/3 HP with two Psyshock and 1 Shadow Ball after Giga Drain healing (3 take it out).

capture584ink6q.png

A total of 3 Moonblast take it out, inbetween Umbreon uses Toxic and a weak Foul Play.

capture585zcjag.png

Another main dish.

capture586c1j9g.png

I use a Moonblast in hopes of lowering its Sp.Atk, but that's not granted (note: Sticky Web worked, so I can easily outspeed most of the time).

capture587ikjap.png

The usual outstalling attempt. Magnezone is seeded and a Discharge takes 200 HP (LS only heals ~30). A Spiky Shield lets me heal one round and a Drain Punch puts Spike only at ~180 HP, so he goes down, but dealt quite a bit of damage.

capture588x5k22.png

Rini is too slow to do anything.

capture589t4jn1.png

A NP-Discharge ends this battle.

capture59035jm1.png

capture591fljhl.png

I needed three times to finally find a way to win. I almost transferred some Rare Candy from my main file, as I run out of ideas, honestly.

After the battle, the factory is getting destroyed and ZEL changes. Or rather, I should say looses her multiple personalities. Quite a tragic end for ZEL and I can't wait to see more of his story.

Anyways, we can continue and join our friends. Everybody is in relatively good shape but Arclight, who lost an eye. Of course, everybody wants revenge or protect the city, so we quickly have to regroup. In addition, Adrienn has a wish: we shall become the new champ after Ame passed away. Naturally, we agree and fulfill a task for Adrienn, before xe allows us to battle xer. Without further ado, this episodes final Gym Battle!

VS Visionary Adrienn

capture592uujzt.png

Spoiler

capture5932ijuj.png

Fluffy moves first thanks to Prankster and sets up a Tailwind (thus changing the field) while Lily puts Gardevoir to sleep (now possible). A now boosted Play Rough one shots Fluffy.

capture5943sjik.png

A Venoshock puts Gardevoir only in critical range, after which Lily sets up a Quiver Dance. A Rock Slide is rather weak. Now, Gardevoir is healed, but a Venoshock and NP-Secret Sword take out both opponents.

capture595rbjqo.png

Now, a threat...

capture596ptku5.png

Mawile is put to sleep and a NP halves its HP. Afterwards, a Psyshock takes out Rose and Tailwind ends.

capture597w9jqh.png

Mawile is healed and Togekiss put to sleep. Afterwards, a Blizzard takes 2/3 of Togekiss and hardly anything on Mawile. Mawile wakes up but fails a Sucker Punch, as Lily puts it in red with NP-Sacred Sword. Togekiss cannot move and goes down to Frost Breath.

capture5987xuud.png

Mawile is healed again, Whimsicott sets up Tailwind, but is taken out by Secret Sword afterwards. A Frost Breath is pretty weak on Mawile.

capture599jyul2.png

As i guess Santa isn't living through much any more, I use an Ice Shard for a tiny amount of chip on Florges, just to realize how a Secret Sword takes it out anyways. I guessed right, as an Iron Head takes out Santa.

capture600rcur9.png

Two Secret Swords end Mawile, who manages to take out Lily with an Iron Head in between.

capture60129uar.png

Of course you are~

I have to admit, I underestimated Adrienn. I was convinced that Secret Sword would tear through xer team, but I was taught better. In my first try, I was completely destroyed and trained my team by feeding 20 Rare Candy (I wasn't willing to either battle Indra or the Grandhall trainers and you have more than enough money after the Circus arc), afterwards I needed two more tries to find a suitable team, which resulted in my fourth try above.

Anyways, we gain our next badge, raising the level cap to 85, and the TM for Dazzling Gleam, which might come in handy. At this point, I'd love to say "Until next time~", however, this has to wait for a while, as we are done with the current episode. When E17 comes out, we can enter the Desert and potentially face Titania- which I, of course, plan to cover whenever I have enough time for this. Until then, I'l probably raise everybodies level and prepare a bit, including training new members, especially as new ones are now available. If anybody wants to know my thoughts about a Grass run or my thoughts on specific Grass types, feel free to ask- I might even write some form of rating, but this would have to wait for a while (:

Finally, a huge thank you to anybody who followed this run! I'll probably post another playthrough whenever I have the time for it (2 weeks holidays ahead and stuff to do afterwards) and decide what I want to play (can't decide between some form of Wonderlocke or other mono-run). With this said, until next time~ guess I still managed to squeeze it in xD

Pok%C3%A9monsprite_652_XY.gifPok%C3%A9monsprite_407_XY.gifPok%C3%A9monsprite_413_XY.gifPok%C3%A9monsprite_421_XY.gifPok%C3%A9monsprite_071_XY.gifPok%C3%A9monsprite_045_Weiblich_XY.gifPok%C3%A9monsprite_542_Schillernd_XY.gifPok%C3%A9monsprite_272_Weiblich_SchillerPok%C3%A9monsprite_189_XY.gifPok%C3%A9monsprite_709_XY.gifPok%C3%A9monsprite_711_XY.gifPok%C3%A9monsprite_346_XY.gifPok%C3%A9monsprite_103_XY.gifPok%C3%A9monsprite_332_XY.gifPok%C3%A9monsprite_586_XY.gifPok%C3%A9monsprite_549_XY.gifPok%C3%A9monsprite_673_XY.gifPok%C3%A9monsprite_547_XY.gifPok%C3%A9monsprite_460_XY.gif

Thanks~ The good thing with Grass types is that they are pretty common in Reborn and are rather versatile. I feel like there is no need to hack in (or use Sandbox mode) any mons in a Grass run (other then maybe adjust your mystery egg or add yourself a Cacnea, the only thing I did) in contrast to other types (like Ghost, where the first mons you can currently get legally appear around Corey).

I always love to use a Field Effect against a leader/boss when possible, so I'll probably use a similar approach whenever possible. The amount of different coverage Grass types can have is pretty nice, as having a roster of roughly 20 helps too in order to counter the various weaknesses the type has.

I like to run defensive mons, so I liked my Chesnaught (even though he had less screen time near the end) or Cradily. Roserade and Ludicolo are two of my favourite Grass types, so I should mention those two as well (Ludicolo was pretty entertaining in the rain). Or Gourgeist as a new mon I never used before and depending on how strong Flame Charge might me, it could help against Titania (depending on her field).

Right now, I should have a roster of 18 (the once above, excluding Wormadam who was only used in the early game). The ones I plan to train/add would be Venusaur, Torterra and Rotom, unless I suddenly feel the urge for more than just those three (four if I find any use for Wormadam), as I enjoyed training different mons. So a potential roster of up to 22 could help in many situations (if I have the patience to train all those *cough*). Not to mention potential mons that have yet to come

• 3 months later...

It's been a while this I last updated this run, but it will be continued. In fact, I've already beaten E17 content and am waiting for the spoiler lock to be lifted. However, depending on my free time in January, I might need some time to write it down (rather busy time for me atm).

I didn't (yet) complete or explore everything I wanted during the period between E16/17, but I caught one new Team member I trained and used throughout E17:

Spoiler

capture60210kzg.png

Rotom, finally an Electric Type and acces to Thunder Wave. It can survive a hit or two (depending on the opponent) with offensive investment and still dish out some damage, even though the moveset isn't yet complete. Currently, the moves it has are Thunder Wave, Leaf Storm (you don't know how much I wished for another grass move), Electro Ball and Hex (the latter two have a synergy with TWave which I like, but I'd probably rather have something like Thunderbolt or so tbh xD).

Theoretically, I could post a Turtwig too... but I already played a bit through E17 when I decided to raise it and realized that EV training without Sandbox mode is rather tedious. It could've helped, maybe, against a certain gym leader, but I hardly felt the urge to raise it. I still succeeded in E17, so the training part has to wait a bit (a certain young brother's still coming, so still somewhat useful? xD).

Maybe I'll now manage to train and catch a bit more, especially with 3 new mons I'd like to try (Dhelmise, Ferroseed and maybe Rowlett). However, as I've already started a new mono... somewhat sceptical if I'll find the motivation to do so any time soon xD

• 2 weeks later...

With E17 offering some new content, it is time to update this run. As a first remark, I played the community release, so some of the battles might differ from what you know via public release (however, it should be rather minimal, as far as I know).

Anyways, heading into the desert quickly results in meeting an old face: Taka. He fears a certain female character, but ultimately battles us.

VS Meteor Admin Taka

capture6039fknx.png

Spoiler

capture604jfkio.png

Klefki is annoying with T-Wave, so Rotom is an ideal counter! A Swagger is still enough to annoy me, but now I am the one to paralyze! Both Hex and Foul Play roughly half each Mon, while the second round puts both in critical range. Now, Taka switches to Gliscor and Shade takes himself out in confusion.

capture605wfkoc.png

Gliscor sets up Stealth Rock, but Santa's Frost Breath one shots anyways.

capture606g9jte.png

I maybe should've used another move, but a critical Ice Shard leaves a few HP before Santa is paralyzed. Thanks to Swagger next turn, he is hurting himself. Afterwards, Foul Play, hurting and Sandstorm take out Santa.

capture607f6jbj.png

A critical Nature Power-Sand Tomb takes outs finally

capture608dcjq1.png

Rock Slide and Ancient Power spam on both sides (Taka heals once) ultimately take out Minior.

capture6090zjgc.png

Welp, trying to do something with Rini, but a critical Dragon Hammer takes her out.

capture610e0kq8.png

Both Moonblast and Wood Hamer put both in critical range, but recoil and Sandstorm take out Exeggutor.

capture611hmj61.png

As usual, I start with Leech Seed and Komala uses a Bulk Up. Afterwards, two Drain Punches and DoT take out Komala, who only manages a Return in between and wastes another healing.

capture612znj76.png

So, why are you wasting our time?

Anyways, Ace vs. Ace time! By using Spiky Shield, Chatot's Z-move is drastically weakened. Afterwards, Spike survives a Boomburst with 9HP, managing to take out Chatot with a critical Drain Punch. Welp, somewhat anti-climatic xD

capture614wwkwc.png

Apparently, yes.

Not too much of a challenge. If I remember correctly, I battled him twice (the battle I showed was the second try) which turned out to be the more interesting one (in the first, I had some nice luck with Ancient Power and my Cradily took out most of his team alone). However, Klefki was kinda annoying xD

As I'm doing the Reshiram route in this save, I have the chance of travelling with Taka- which I do. Free healing is always nice and an ideal possibility to train my team (before, everyone was at lvl 79, afterwards at 82/83 when I was sick of using Repels). Anyways, the Desert is huge and I have probably missed a lot. In fact, I haven't explored most of the locations to begin with out of non-existing patience and generally made do with simply entering it and talking to Taka in order to gain the relationship points. Letting Mirage Tower appear was a pain in the ass, especially as I didn't really understood the puzzle (at some point, I activated one oasis and walked to the Tower until it appeared at some time). Welp, I guess I spent most of the time of E17 walking aimlessly throughout the desert.

Anyways, after solving another puzzle, it's time to meet Buffalant Bill et al. After some time, it is time to enter Fairy Tale-Wonder land and after some more aimlessly walking, I somewhat managed to find a castle (honestly, when I re-enter this area in order to catch a Ferroseed, I almost immediately managed to find the stairway). Apparently, I found Tania's gym and talking to Adrienn result in a short information: her field + Aegislash = broken. In a nutshell.

After battling some knights, we unfortunately do not meet our prince in a shining armor, but Lin. With an Alolan-Ninetales. We are knocked out, just to wake up in a bed in some tower. Some climbing later, we meet Taka and soon Titania, who appears to be ready to battle/kill Lin. I agree to trust her and now equipped with the Saphire Bracelets continue the journey. Just to run into a legendary Guardian.

VS The Legendary Dragon

capture6151wjy3.png

Spoiler

capture616pdkyt.png

Well, I need some momentum, so Fluffy starts with a Prankster-Tail Wind, taking a Blue Flare not so well.

capture617cfjgb.png

Shade paralyzes Reshiram, but a Dragon Pulse isn't really healthy as well.

capture618hfk7d.png

A NP-Dragon Pulse halves Reshiram, but Ren is taken out anyways by Dragon Pulse.

capture6195wky6.png

Now, Rose can finally end the battle with another NP-Dragon Pulse.

capture620nvk3h.png

Isn't that supposed to be rawr?

Reshiram outspeed most of my team, one shoting them with either Dragon Pulse or Blue Flare, which resulted in a second try you can see above. After having some momentum via Tail Wind/Thunder Wave, a fairly easy battle.

Soon after, Titania and Lin clash, with us being in between. I guess most of you know what's happening, so let's sum it up: Lin is not dying, but Taka. I guess you can think about Taka's death what you want, but for me it just feels... random? Anyways, Titania agrees to battle us.

VS Guardian Exile Titania

capture621g5j8t.png

Spoiler

capture622dlj5f.png

A-Sandslash is a pain. Jewels, equipped with a Quick Claw, gets a priority Jump Kick and one shots.

capture623chjo0.png

Now, Scizor, which of course mega evolves...

capture6241hj54.png

Here, I follow my usual strategy: I use Leech Seed, Scizor Sword Dance. Spiky Shield gives me a free turn and Scizor is taking some extra damage. Titania is healing in between, what I'm doing too. In addition, I'm using my first X-Defend ever so that I'm able to survive a Bullet Punch (otherwise, my physical Wall and the rest of my team would go down to a Bullet Punch each). At some point, I can land a Drain Punch to take Scizor out.

capture625qnjmi.png

I took the screen shot a tad bit late, sorry. Anyways, a Scald takes out Spike.

capture626enkz2.png

A Thunder Wave is used to set up (an Electro Ball wouldn't be able to take it out anyways), but an accurate Blizzard is.

Now, I want to try to end Empoleon with Jewel's (Sawsbuck's) Jump Kick; however, Titania suddenly switches to Aegislash. Yay!

capture627qmjvi.png

I decide to sacrifice my mon so that Aegislash is switching form, so Jewels goes down.

However...

capture628j9ka4.png

I didn't really knew how that thing is working on this field, so I start of with a Spiky Shield in case Aegislash is still protected. But a Sucker Punch one shots it, so nothing too threatening in the end in this try.

capture629jmjg1.png

As I do have to sacrifice a mon against Exacdrill most of the times, I use Fluffy to set up a Tail Wind, but I guess you can imagine how a Smart Strike ends?

capture630mijse.png

Now, a Surf is one shoting Excadrill.

capture631njkvv.png

A few Surf take out Klefki, with Flash Canon (I think) in between.

capture632jaj80.png

Some Seed Bombs almost take out Empoleon, but ultimately it manages to take out Needle. I sent in Ren (Ludicolo) to end it with an Energy Ball.

capture633lzjnl.png

Finally...

May I just say how utterly painful this battle was? Or let's just say painful until I used the right team- then, I managed to win within my first try (as both Cradily and Roserade were rather useless, I substituted those two with Sawsbuck and Cacturne). Previously, her team was just a hell for my run.

Her Sandslash would either outspeed my mon and one shot it with Icicle Crash (the reason I equipped Sawsbuck with a Quick Claw) or if it could survive an attack, would first set up Aurora Veil to survive Chesnaught's Drain Punch and drastically reduce the damage I could dish out for a few turns, making the rest of the battle a pain.

Mega-Scizor would set up one Sword Dance and use either Bullet Punch or Bug Bite to one shot everything.

Klefki was another pain. Depending on the mon, it used a Thunder Wave or set up Calm Mind to basically one short everything with either Drain Kiss (negating any damage I could deal) or Flash Canon.

Excadrill has a free kill, as you can guess?

Empoleon was not too difficult, but could dish out quite a lot of damage with an accurate Blizzard, as I couldn't one shot it (basically one shoting most of my team, unless I changed the hail to rain, which made Scald painful).

Aegislash... is just broken. Without Sucker Punch, it could tear through my team, especially as she loved to suddenly switch it in.

Anyways, after a few unsuccesful tries (at some point, I stopped making and notes and just took the screen shots, so please bear with me, if I couldn't remember everything or missed some pictures), I managed to defeat Titania by developping a way to counter her mons somewhat. Maybe a magical Seed would've helped, but when I tried it, I still lost. Winning awards the 15th badge and the TM for Flash Canon, which isn't too useful in a Grass run. Apparently, Lin isn't dead as we soon learn and is heading towards Amaria. Guess who has to save the day yet another time? Eactly, the protagonist!

Congrats! It is a great victory, and quite a nice strategy you used! I guess Amaria was much easier, since you are literally the bane of her existence!

Now...

2 hours ago, Neco said:

Aegislash... is just broken. Without Sucker Punch, it could tear through my team, especially as she loved to suddenly switch it in.

Magical Seed. +1 Attack. Swords Dance when protected... Another +3 (cause field). Stance Change... Another +1... Then Shadow Sneak. It gets to hit you with a STAB priority move at +5 attack, without having the chance to even touch it. In my Bug run I took care of it with Galvantula tanking after getting Baton Pass'ed a +3 Speed and +6 Defense by Scolipede and a +6 Sp. Attack by Volbeat. 

In my Poison mono... Well, Toxicroak Sucker Punch.

Honestly, I think you can only safely counter it with Sucker Punch/Shadow Sneak of a faster 'mon.

Or, with a good swap. In my original run, I sent Rapidash vs it. I've noticed it only Swords Dances up if it faces targets with super effective STAB vs it (e.g. Fire, Ground). So, I baited its Swords Dance and swapped in my Whimsicott. Huge risk there. Then, it was easy to stall it out with Prankster Encore (it kept Swords Dancing to eternity, since it was her last mon) and Leech Seed.

Thanks. Yes, Amaria was much easier.

And yes, as much as I love the combination of Aegislash with Sword Dance and Shadow Sneak, Titania puts it on a whole different level. Maybe a Normal type could work too (cause it cannot land Shadow Sneak), but this would require that it's not using King's Shield to relatively easily land another attack the turn after (something I do not want to try out for a while honestly xD). Or changing the field, as leaders pretty much rely on those to be a threat if A-Sandslash isn't outspeeding you with its tiny 65 Base Speed