Fire Emblem on the Forums: Prelude of Chaos [IC/Reroll]

Aurorix

Prologue: From Ignorant Beginnings 

It's a quite morning in the town of Thoris. There's a slight breeze coming from south where a large set of mountains lay surrounded by lush trees. The streets are silent, ominously empty as many people are afraid to leave their homes alone. However, a meeting has been called within the town hall. A meeting to relieve the people of the cause of the fear and eliminate it. Though what exactly they need to eliminate isn't quite clear. The mayor did not expect many to come but so far not a single person has come through the hall's door. After a while he had almost given up hope but then the door flew open.

4vaGHgf.png

"GAH! What in tarnation!" The mayor spoke and jumped up in surprise. It seems someone kicked open the door to the hall. The door kicker looked around and then let a a disappointing sigh. 

thKVfUi.png

"Is this really it? A scared mayor and an empty hall? I've seen small groups but this is just sad." The cloaked man spoke before walking forward to the mayor.

4vaGHgf.png

"I-I'm sorry, you and I seem to be the only ones here at the moment. It seems not many are interested in the search." The mayor responded in embarrassment. 

SbNY4mO.png

"No, it's not your fault. It's just shame that no one else decided to come over here." Then almost immediately after he spoke some girl meekly knocked on the still open doors of the town hall.

VgOyMmE.png

"E-excuse me, is this the meeting area for the search party? I got a bit lost on the way over here. I hope I'm not late." She spoke up shyly and a bit out of breath. She must've been running over here 

4vaGHgf.png

"Well, Now we have one more. Maybe all hope is not lost." The mayor spoke a bit hopeful now. The doors are open and beckon the Seekers inside. Who will be the next to pass through the doors? 

((Introduce your character by entering the town hall. Once everyone enters we'll get into the juicy details and begin the chapter!))

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sound of boots stomping heavily on the ground could be heard from the outside before the doors were pushed open to reveal a man dressed in heavy armor.

xKHrzwb.png

“Greetings, warriors!” Karlos called the attention of those around him before stepping into the hall. “I am Knight Karlos, and I’d like to join you in battle today.” The armored man took a seat, waiting for the rest of the soldiers to appear beyond the doors.

The light breeze carries in what sounds like a woman's murmuring. Before anyone can decipher the words, an upright girl with bright cyan hair and a gaudy green outfit strides into the room. With a practiced smile, she looks from person to person:

waxDuli.png

"Well I'll be," She announces in a high, clear voice. Catching the room's attention, she continues, with drawn-out syllables: "I thought there weren't more'n two people meetin' up at once in this here town. Everyone's 'feered they'll get taken away by the Boogeyman... An-y-way, since it seems I won't be findin' much an audience elsewhere, this search team's where I s'pose my skills are needed most."

Sheena wraps her fingers around the pink tasseled ends of her skirt and gives a curtsy. "I'm Sheena, if it please 'ya, and I'll be your performer t'day."

Edited by HughJ

Some rather hurried footsteps herald the appearance of a young and rather social knight in some rather colorful armor.

eCct8QL.png.985941a8a219fe18a6fc6ae2290d4dbb.png

After his entrance the gave a swift bow to the mayor before saying in an equally hurried tone "I am sorry for the delay. My name is Yullen, I'm....not late or anything am I? I expected a bit more...people".

He had been in the midst of negotiation for another contract when passing voices had brought news a lot more interesting than playing bodyguard to a bunch of nervous-looking merchants. 

. . . meeting in the town hall to find the missing people. Do you think it's worth going?

I don't know. I'm worried too, but . . . do you really think they can be found?

"Sir?" The merchant in front of him is wringing his hands, and that's the last straw for him. 

aAQU0Pa.png

"Forget it. Find someone else." Turning, he picks up his axe again, leaving the shocked merchant to sputter behind him, calling for him to wait — but his sights are already set elsewhere.

Without bothering to knock, he pushes open the door to the town hall, unsurprised to see so few people. If the two civilians he'd overheard are any indication, people aren't exactly keen to go on what sounds like a wild goose chase.

qJifpOT.png

Still, it's worth a shot. "Gaill," he says, lifting a hand half-heartedly in greeting. "Tell me what I can do to help."

5xfUvdL.png

"A fine day to all, and may the Sun Goddes bless everyone on this day. My name is Luther. I am a priest for the Church of the Sun, here to aid whenever it's needed and for whoever needs it. Glad to meet you all."

Luther said as he walked into the town hall.

A few minutes pass with little conversation between the soon-to-be allies; Sheena, who has taken a seat on a table before Karlos, idly swings her legs.

waxDuli.png

"Well, if'n we're all waitin', I'd be more'n happy to take anyone's requests for a song."

5xfUvdL.png

"That would be pleasant, thank you. Would anyone perhaps want a little drink? I have some water left from my journey here."

Luther reacted, placing a glass of water next to Sheena.

5xfUvdL.png

"I may know little of singing. But in the Church I learned that any vocal action requires you to stay as hydrated as possible."

0XEbcy1.png

Zentilin was about to draw his knife when he realized that this man was just part of the search party. I mean, that's one way to make an entrance. He walked up the the swords man glaring right into his eyes. 

thKVfUi.png

"Look Bud, I don't know if you've noticed but you're the last one that's arrived thus far. If anything we should be saying that to you." He spoke harshly to the crimson coated man before the nun from early pushed herself in between them.

VgOyMmE.png

"Hey, stop you two!" She spoke assertively, mostly aiming it towards the greened haired man who started instigating a fight.  "We were all a bit late, not need to get in each others face okay?"  

4vaGHgf.png

"The lady is right son, just calm down a tad." The mayor chimed in. 

SbNY4mO.png

Zentilin sighed reluctantly,  "Fine." He walked as far away as he could from the swordsman and leaned against the wall.

6Ym4h27.png

"The name is Zentilin. Don't forget it."

fDTouGh.png

"Please, Sun Goddess, give me the patience to deal with this man." Alunda thought to herself before realizing that she hadn't introduced herself either. 

9KoYyOT.png

"Greeting everyone, I am Alunda. It's a pleasure to meet you all."  

4vaGHgf.png

The Mayor looked around and was pleased that the room was at least somewhat filled. "Alright, well I think that's all we're gonna get. So lets start this meeting." The mayor spoke before sitting down into his chair. "So, while this seems like it maybe a wild goose chase I may have a lead. To the south there are these group of bandits who make their base within the caves of thee mountain. I have a suspicion that those bandits are linked to the people responsible for these disappearances."

thKVfUi.png

"Bandits... that's your lead?"  Zentilin spoke amused.  "I don't know if you're aware but I don't think a group of bandits are capable enough to do a mass kidnapping without at least someone noticing."

4vaGHgf.png

"Look I know it's not the best lead but it's our only lead. Besides, my daughter went missing a couple of days ago and she maybe still held up in there. We should at least-" Before he could finish what he was saying a fire ball broke through the window striking the mayor in the leg. "ARG!" He screamed before falling to his knees. "Blast the town is under attack! Everyone go, don't let them take anyone else! I'll be fine just go!"

As the group exits the hall, they see a group of bandits coming up from the south. They're starting to invade the town. They can hear voice coming from their source. "Alight men, take as many people as you can carry! We're gonna make bank off this!" So it seems the Mayor may have been onto something. However, if they don't so something soon more people could be lost. Looks like it's gonna get messy.

Turn 1

yWEPzLL.png

Win Condition: Kill the Boss within 15 Turns

Loss Condition: Everyone Dies or The boss isn't killed after 15 Turns

Cheat Sheet:

Enemies: Health, Location, Weapon
Archer A: (27/27) (K9) Iron Bow (45/45)
Archer B: (27/27) (L6) Steel Bow (30/30) (Droppable)
Archer C: (27/27) (Q1) Iron Bow (45/45)
Archer D: (27/27) (R2) Iron Bow (45/45)
Archer E: (27/27) (P13) Iron Bow (45/45)
Mercenary A: (29/29) (D12) Iron Blade 45/45
Mercenary B: (29/29) (J16) Iron Blade 45/45
Fighter A: (33/33) (E14) Iron Axe (45/45)
Fighter B: (33/33) (L7) Devil’s Axe (20/20)
Fighter C: (33/33) (L14) Iron Axe (45/45)
Fighter D: (33/33) (S5) Iron Axe (45/45)
Knight A: (32/32) (I5) Steel Lance (30/30) 
Knight B: (32/32) (I9) Steel Lance (30/30)
Knight C: (32/32) (M17) Iron Javelin (45/45)
Knight D: (32/32) (P9) Steel Lance (30/30) 
Mage A: (28/28) (G16) Elfire (30/30)
Mage B: (28/28) (H2) Elfire (30/30)
Mage C: (28/28) (I13) Elfire (30/30)
Mage D: (28/28) (N11) Elfire (30/30)
Mage E: (28/28) (N18) Elfire (30/30) 
Myrmidon A: (28/28) (L2) Steel Sword (30/30)
Myrmidon B: (28/28) (S10) Steel Sword (30/30)
Hero A: (37/37) (Q2) Steel Blade (30/30) Speedwings (1/1) (Droppable)
Jackson: (40/40) (P18) Killer Axe (20/20)E (Droppable), Hatchet (35/35)

Players: Health, Location, Weapon
Kayde: (25/25) (D7) Scimitar: (20/20)E. Iron Sword: (45/45), Vulnerary: (3/3) 
Yullen: (34/34) (E7) Slim Sword (35/35)E, Steel Lance (30/30), Vulnerary (3/3)
Gaillardia: (37/37) (D8) Steel Axe (30/30)E, Hatchet (35/35), Vulnerary (3/3)
Lillie: (27/27) (D6) Shortbow (25/25)E, Iron Bow (45/45), Vulnerary (3/3)
Karlos: (32/32) (C7) Heavy Lance (20/20), Iron Javelin (45/45), Vulnerary (3/3)
Glenn: (31/31) (E6) Elwind (30/30), Static (30/30), Vulnerary (3/3)
Sheena: (27/27) (C5) Blissful Melody (20/20), Vulnerary (3/3)
Luther: (29/29) (D5) Heal (30/30), Rescue (15/15), Vulnerary (3/3)

Allies: Health, Location, Weapons
Zentilin: (20/20) Parrying Knife (30/30), Worm (40/40)
Alunda: (30/30) Photon (40/40), Thani (30/30)

Exp Tracker:
0/100

5xfUvdL.png

"While I cannot battle, I will heal who ever needs it. For that it would be best for me to stay in the back untill needed."

Luther said with a calm expresion, yet no one was fooled by it. The others could see he was frightened by the situation.

Yullen instinctively ran the hell away from the fire ball upon sighting it and got on his horse, a small part of him wanted to just turn tail and run away from everything, but he knew that would mean abandoning a man's daughter to a terrible fate. That and it makes a lot of sense for the bandits to line the only seemingly clear roads with other bandits and....he shuddered at the thought of this word.....Archers, which is why he responded to the cleric's request with.

58eb989bac384_Yuleenproud.png.aa45dfcf19c930cc396a284507757dc7.png

"We should try and stick together, there are too many of them to take out alone, but together we may be able to scrape through this".

qDM7Zsp.png

It's sad that I didn't hear Sheena singing to Lost in Thoughts All Alone. I would have gotten more energy for this fight. Glenn contemplates as he exits the town hall. He prepares his tomes for the coming battle and evaluates the scene.

qDM7Zsp.png

"I'll do my best to help with this cause. All I ask is that you help me avoid those archers. I dislike those blasted arrows." Glenn tells everyone with a slight confidence in his tone. "Protect us, O Sun Goddess" Glenn murmurs to himself as he sets out in battle, ready with Elwind in his hand.

Glenn moves to G9 and strikes Knight B with Elwind.

Edited by Mr. Divergent

xKHrzwb.png

Karlos looked over to his allies to his sides. “Do not worry, my friends!” Karlos slams his lance into the ground, his face beaming with confidence. “I shall protect you all. My armor is some of the finest in all of Aeyosal, and will not shatter to these dastardly bandits.” 

Karlos made his way south, his heavy armor slowing his stride. “Bandits! Come and face me in battle, if you dare.” The Knight took out his Javelin, staring down the two bandits in front of him. The Knight pointed his lance at the Mercenary and the Fighter ahead of him. “I challenge you to even scratch the armor of the greatest Knight in all the lands.” In his excitement, Karlos failed to notice the Mage on the other side of the house.

Move to E9 and equip the Iron Javelin

Edited by InnocentSerenity

(Glenn will attack twice)

Glenn:
Attack: 18 
Hit: 100%
Crit: 0%

Knight B:
Attack: -
Hit: -
Crit: -

Glenn Attack 1: 97 Hit

Knight B takes 18 damage

Glenn Attack 2: 100 Hit

Knight B is defeated

Glenn launches two blasts of wind at the knight taking him down. Easily breaking through his armor, it leaves an X shaped mark on where the wind blades struck.

Cheat Sheet:

Enemies: Health, Location, Weapon
Archer A: (27/27) (K9) Iron Bow (45/45)
Archer B: (27/27) (L6) Steel Bow (30/30) (Droppable)
Archer C: (27/27) (Q1) Iron Bow (45/45)
Archer D: (27/27) (R2) Iron Bow (45/45)
Archer E: (27/27) (P13) Iron Bow (45/45)
Mercenary A: (29/29) (D12) Iron Blade 45/45
Mercenary B: (29/29) (J16) Iron Blade 45/45
Fighter A: (33/33) (E14) Iron Axe (45/45)
Fighter B: (33/33) (L7) Devil’s Axe (20/20)
Fighter C: (33/33) (L14) Iron Axe (45/45)
Fighter D: (33/33) (S5) Iron Axe (45/45)
Knight A: (32/32) (I5) Steel Lance (30/30) 
Knight B: (0/32) (I9) Steel Lance (30/30)
Knight C: (32/32) (M17) Iron Javelin (45/45)
Knight D: (32/32) (P9) Steel Lance (30/30) 
Mage A: (28/28) (G16) Elfire (30/30)
Mage B: (28/28) (H2) Elfire (30/30)
Mage C: (28/28) (I13) Elfire (30/30)
Mage D: (28/28) (N11) Elfire (30/30)
Mage E: (28/28) (N18) Elfire (30/30) 
Myrmidon A: (28/28) (L2) Steel Sword (30/30)
Myrmidon B: (28/28) (S10) Steel Sword (30/30)
Hero A: (37/37) (Q2) Steel Blade (30/30) Speedwings (1/1) (Droppable)
Jackson: (40/40) (P18) Killer Axe (20/20)E (Droppable), Hatchet (35/35)

Players: Health, Location, Weapon
Kayde: (25/25) (D7) Scimitar: (20/20)E. Iron Sword: (45/45), Vulnerary: (3/3) 
Yullen: (34/34) (E7) Slim Sword (35/35)E, Steel Lance (30/30), Vulnerary (3/3)
Gaillardia: (37/37) (D8) Steel Axe (30/30)E, Hatchet (35/35), Vulnerary (3/3)
Lillie: (27/27) (D6) Shortbow (25/25)E, Iron Bow (45/45), Vulnerary (3/3)
Karlos: (32/32) (C7) Heavy Lance (20/20), Iron Javelin (45/45), Vulnerary (3/3)
Glenn: (31/31) (E6) Elwind (30/30), Static (30/30), Vulnerary (3/3)
Sheena: (27/27) (C5) Blissful Melody (20/20), Vulnerary (3/3)
Luther: (29/29) (D5) Heal (30/30), Rescue (15/15), Vulnerary (3/3)

Allies: Health, Location, Weapons
Zentilin: (20/20) Parrying Knife (30/30), Worm (40/40)
Alunda: (30/30) Photon (40/40), Thani (30/30)

Exp Tracker:
5/100

Not even five minutes into the conversation, and they're already under attack. What are the chances. And he hasn't even gotten his down payment -- hell, he hasn't even signed anything. The irony of it all is that he never signs onto jobs where clients insist on a preliminary demonstration of his abilities, and yet here he is. 

As a few of the others begin to head south, Gaill looks around at their odds. His best bet is usually to stick to the cover of trees, and there are a few of the bandits lurking around the houses up north -- they'd already made it this far in? "Tch." Turning and weaving his way past the others, he crouches to enter the first line of wooded cover, swapping out the axe in his hand for the smaller throwing weapon in his belt. An armored knight lurks just past the branches on the other side.

aBEWHaS.png

"Geez, what kind of bandits are these," he mumbles to himself. Fully armored knights? He needs to start demanding higher pay.

Move to F5, Equip Hatchet, and Wait.

Yullen observed his surroundings once more, and upon finding no obvious weaknesses in the enemy's strategy to lash out at he calmly states

58ecf15013f08_Yuleenjustanotherdayinthejobface.png.498a8120b32d184faf6505ddc82d8117.png

"I think that we should let the enemy come to us and not the other way around for now, it is too easy to get overwhelmed if we just blindly charge ahead, like the mage from earlier.....".

5xfUvdL.png

"That is not a bad idea Yullen. There's the risk that they run off with some villagers but overall it does seem to be the better idea."

Moves to E6, equips Rescue and casts it on Glenn.

Edited by Wolfox Glace
me and my typo's~

waxDuli.png

"Good goddess, if I get one more request for Lost in Thoughts..." Sheena mutters under the shouts of her comrades. She watches as Glenn charges away to attack a man in armor, leaving himself open to riposte in the dense thickets.

Making her way to the flat dirt path at the clearing's center, Sheena calls out to the hasty wind mage to catch his attention.

She performs a brief dance to revitalize his spirits.

Moves to D6, Dances for Glenn

qDM7Zsp.png

"It's unbelievable. After I went and defeated the knight, I saw that a blasted archer was in range. Then I get rescued to this forest clearing, and there's an archer AND a knight in range." Glenn murmurs to himself as he looks further into the clearing, seeing those two enemies off in the distance.

After some glances in the other directions, Glenn decides to turn around and look at his comrades. He notices that they have all settled in their positions except for Sheena. Sheena was heading towards him and she seemed to be muttering something. " 'Good goddess, if I get one more request for Lost in Thoughts...' " Glenn tried to use his affinity with the wind to catch her words. "I see. She's just one of many who simply prefers the unrefined 'Bandit Song' over the beautiful 'Lost in Thoughts All Alone'. If only Sheena was like Lady Azura..."

As thoughts of Lady Azura run through Glenn, he is cut off from these thoughts when Sheena arrives and gives him a dance. "Thanks." That is the only word that comes out of Glenn's mouth as he begins to head out into the battlefield once more, safe from opponents this time, equipping his Elwind in hand.

Move to D7.

Edited by Mr. Divergent