What do you want?

Amethyst

• Administrators
What are you hoping to see from the new games? We've already got super3d environments, greater animations, and a host of new Pokémon, but are there any features, or perhaps Pokémon ideas that your fingers are crossed for?

Personally, I'm still holding out for some sort of Wolfie, Pokémon, and as I detailed elsewhere, I still think it'd be cool if they incorporated the environment into battles more...
Also, personally, I'm loving the sound of that Illusion ability, but I do hope that they allow it to be strategically and effectively used... unlike, say, Ditto.
Basically, I just really hope Zoroark doesn't become a throwaway gimmick.

All I want is a darker plot. >.> Or at least. a more competent bad guy. I would absolutely love to see a game where the version of Team Rocket actually knew what they were doing and [i]really[/i] gave me a run for my money. Heck, I'd take super-tough team rocket grunts attempting to beat me down over a Pokemon rival any day.

...I'd also love to see, in the same sort of game, a way so that if you lost certain battles, you wouldn't just 'white out and scurry back to the Pokemon center'; instead, it'd be a plot device and would just make things tougher. Like when you're fighting Team Rocket in the radio tower. If you lose to a grunt or an executive... Well, then instead of miraculously being allowed to leave and go heal your Pokemon in order to come back for a second attempt, you wake up in a holding cell somewhere and have to complete some sort of in-game related puzzle to get out. Or something. I haven't thought about it too in-depth...

• Administrators
I'd say they're getting darker. We went from
"Let's steal Pokemon!"
to
"Let's steal Pokemon so we can actually accomplish a goal.... in order to steal Pokemon with a boss!"
to
"Let's use Pokemon to change the world for the better."
to
"Let's use Pokemon to change the world and make it mine."

Unfortunately, each team has been even more of a joke than the last. Part of the problem is that in a game, you have to win, which means the bad guys don't stand much of a chance. So how do we get competent bad guys if they always have to lost?

Something beyond traveling the world just for badges would be nice though, I have to say. Am I holding my breath for it though? Not in the least.

Well I think it would be fun, for an entire change of pace, if we played a game that still incorporated the ideas I had in my last one...but instead of going out for badges, we could be like officer Jenny and try to hunt down Team Rocket's headquarters (among other things) in order to stop their evil plot. =D And the game could have multiple endings, including the option to lose~.

As I mentioned to Cy over AIM at some point, they should have a new pokemon that functions similar to Eevee. As he pointed out to me a long time ago, Eevee evolves into any of the (previously) special types. This new one would evolve into any of the (previously) physical types, including a Normal evo via level up for the sake of completeness. =p

[quote name='Vicious Parker' post='126' date='Jun 7 2010, 11:51 PM']Oh, and as someone said at monkeypro, no more damned HM moves.[/quote]
Very much this.

And going along with what you said about EVs, having an easier way to influence IVs would be nice. Even I can't stand breeding for IVs the way they are now...

Yeah, IV's, yeah. To further your point about those jerks... look at this! This is a croagunk I bred to use on ma team, and let's look at its pretty decent IVs (not all perfect because I am too uncaring).

31 speed? Frig yes! 25 and 25 for defenses? OK, not too concerned, but me likey. Wait..... 8 FRIGGIN ATTACK?! Potentially his most important stat has the lowest IV? How rude. So I figured I would try again, and started breeding again. But... I wanted a specific nature, and ability, so it was going to be a pain.

Though, the everstone on the mother pokemon is supposed to give a 50% chance of having the same nature, right? Convenient, since that croagunk is female. So I had my croagunk and ditto get busy and after something like 75 eggs (seriously...), and not a SINGLE ONE of them with the right nature, I just gave up. Bah.

[quote name='Stars' post='127' date='Jun 7 2010, 09:55 PM']Very much this.

And going along with what you said about EVs, having an easier way to influence IVs would be nice. Even I can't stand breeding for IVs the way they are now...[/quote]
IVs are much easier to breed now with HG/SS. With the 'Power' hold items. They [have a chance to] pass on the IVs for the stat they influence. Incredibly helpful. One on each parent is sooo worth it.

[quote name='Vicious Parker' post='132' date='Jun 8 2010, 07:32 PM']And you also rely on chance. Unless I misunderstood the everstone/nature relationship when breeding, 50% doesn't mean jack.[/quote]
50% is a huge step up from 0%. But trust me, I know the effects of chance :( I still have like 5 boxes full of baby Absol from breeding for the tourney.

[quote name='Hyperlisk' post='139' date='Jun 9 2010, 02:36 PM']50% is a huge step up from 0%. But trust me, I know the effects of chance :( I still have like 5 boxes full of baby Absol from breeding for the tourney.[/quote]
Well, 50% up from 16.5%, really. But yeah, still fairly significant.

[quote name='Monkeydog' post='141' date='Jun 9 2010, 09:19 PM']MORE THAN ONE SAVE FILE.

That would be very nice.[/quote]
Agreed. Even just one additional file would be nice.

[quote name='Stars' post='143' date='Jun 9 2010, 08:36 PM']Well, 50% up from 16.5%, really. But yeah, still fairly significant.[/quote]
Ah, correct, good catch.

Also, they added random wifi matching~ [img]http://forum.tuts4you.com/public/style_emoticons/default/yahoo.gif[/img]

• 2 weeks later...
Even though it's argued that psychic types are the "light" or "spiritual" types of the game, I still predict that there will be an actual light type that counters dark type pokemon. In particular, I would like to see a light form of an eevee evolution. Light types could have a lot of healing abilities and shit like that. It's a prediction I've been making now for over three years, and it's gonna happen!

• 1 month later...
There are already healing moves in the game of many types, adding a single one would be redundant. Dark is already a weak type anyways, adding a counter would not be good for it at all.

Anyways, what I just want to see is that hoenn is included in black and white which would be great.

• 4 weeks later...
Well, they changed the story around so the 'bad guys' you have to fight are more like good guys, going against pokemon trainers because they feel pokemon battles are the equivalent of cock fighting... and I'll be damned if they ain't mostly right. xD

As far as what I wan't... more customizability. Like perhaps the ability to create/customize your character or choose a classic trainer type, like black belt or swimmer or something. I'd also like to be able to choose a pokemon's ability between battles. Like, i want machamp to have guts for this battle, but then have no guard for the next trainer I meet. cuz breeding and all that iv shit sucks balls.

I want a real time pokemon battle system of some sort. Perhaps like brawl... and something more than pokemon rumble.

• 2 weeks later...
What we need is not for the HM system to be removed, but to have the field ways of using it possible without actually teaching our Pokemon it. This could correspond to IF the Pokemon could learn the move, but it doesn't have to actually know it.

Oh, and yeah, we definitely need ANOTHER PIKACHU KNOCKOFF THAT WILL SUCK IN-GAME AND IS JUST FOR MARKETING.

I think what we ACTUALLY need is enhancements to previously useless abilities. I think Sturdy's already been improved (it's now a Focus Sash without holding the item), but there's SO many abilities that could be improved! Run Away, Illuminate, Keen Eye, Pickup (although Pickup is dead useful outside of battle if it's on a Level 100 Pokemon)....the list goes on.

[quote name='N8theGr8' post='4541' date='Sep 16 2010, 06:34 AM']What we need is not for the HM system to be removed, but to have the field ways of using it possible without actually teaching our Pokemon it. This could correspond to IF the Pokemon could learn the move, but it doesn't have to actually know it.[/quote]
That's basically removing it then.

:P just have items to do all the stuff then? If you get rid of making Pokemon knowing the movies...that's removing the HM system as it is.

I wish it was gone. Bleh.