I need some ideas for a mono run

Pozyher

I would like to ask what type of mono run was the most chalenging to you,but you had fun with?I want to do a new mono run and i don't really know which type i would like to go with.

I have done Steel and Ground type so those are out.

Also if you have any suggestions outside of which type to choose such as pokemons and movesets feel free to share them.

Ps:I requested some time ago some mons for a fire mono run so fire is out as well.

Thank you in advance

Well, so far I've done one Monotype run, one of Ice. Early-game it's quite tough, especially the Apophyll arc (Besically everything from shade to Aya), but after that it really is not that difficult, even if people will probably try to claim otherwise. Overall, it was fun using my favorite type.

I am doing a ice mono plus only using pokemon I can get in game at that point (1st badge you can use anything :P ) it is quite the challenge, even with top breed pokemon and egg moves, I had to breed more vanilites so that I had a chance against florina

But I still didnt reach apophyl arc.

Other monos that interests me are poison, psychic, dark, bug, steel, ground, fire and fighting

I think fighting and bug might be a challenge too

Assuming you mean egglocke i dont think that is possible other than that i might go with poison/fighting/ice/grass

One of those four

thanks guys

I've had a ton of fun doing two separate shiny only runs, I start by choosing bulbasaur and keep reseting and picking the next starter until I get a shiny one and then I can only use shiny pokemon from then on out (at least once you get 5 more of them) no matter what they are. I don't let myself breed for a specific one, train in one spot until I find a specific one I want, or reset to try and get shiny event pokemon, Just have to use whatever the game gives you in as normal of play style as possible. It can be really tough when you get a bunch of the same types or get some bad ones early on (screw shiny furret I freakin hated that thing). The only allowances I made for myself were that I'd train in new areas more than I might normally instead of fighting the grand hall trainers as much and I let myself breed for pokemon that I would need multiples of anyway such as 5 eevees. I did get a few shinys through wondertrading but so far have chosen not to use those ones. Its the most enjoyable playthroughs I've done since you have to win with what you've got and there is no way to just train up something better to get around a challenge.