Do you guys believe who Hyper Training and bottlecaps will be a part of the game?

KazuyaProta

I just want it, and make Bottlecaps easier to get than in the canon games.

The reality, is who I have been a ardient enemy of IVs from the beggining, is a mechanic who force you to literally doing nothing aside for running around the region. Force you to abandon your starter and the pokemon who worked with you from the beggining. I know who a lot of people like Breeding (me included) but I doubt who someone like having to run in all the region while doing a program of eugenics only to have a change in competitive battles. 

And considerating the sometimes absurd Difficulty of Pokemon Reborn, i cant help besides thinking who only Pokemon with high IVs will have a chance in the end game. So, maybe we can hope to find some bottlenecks before the endgame. We will fighting against Pokemon with Lv 100 at the end, so the IVs will play a good role in fight by that points.

Also, to end this, I made this topic because I dont think who my Delphox with low IVs in Special Attack will survive. I really want use her and Exploud (the first pokemon who I catched) in my last fight. 

I think it is rather likely. Super training wasn't introduced mostly because it entirely relied on minigames to work (I think), whereas hyper training would be simple enough to add in. I can't guarantee it, but it seems kinda likely. 

Well, Reborn is meant to be hard and I`m not sure if Hyper Training is this necessary. Maybe few bottle caps here and there, but really just a few,for the sake of convenience. Of course, the closer to the end, the more IVs and EVs matter; I tried to ignore stats and just play with mons I like, it is possible to go through the game like this, but when I saw the difference in how my Gardevoir performs (in the story, not online) with and without proper EV training... Well, perfect IVs and EV-trained mons make this game even way too easy, but on the other hand you just can`t completely ignore stats. Even if E4 and Champion will be almost competetive-like, for me, softresetting few times to get just decent stats and keeping in mind you need to avoid overtraining, say, special attacker in defense, is enough. Especially when we got access to ability capsules and nature changer in 7th Street. Strategies matter more than brute force and outspeeding enemy here.

By the way, while there is some fun in doing eugenics programs for IVs or moves, composing team to cover weaknesses, etc., in the same time I see how I lost the trace of the atmosphere I liked in Pokemon - you know, this is my monster, I caught and raised it, I fought leaders and went through major events with it, kind of attachment. Instead, they became soulless pawns, tools - this one is weak, so dispose of it and fill another 4 boxes with spare mons while breeding for better model.

40 minutes ago, Animefan666 said:

Well, for those of us who don't breed the perfect Bidoof or whatever, Hyper Training is very useful and levels the playing field leaving the rest up to pure skill and strategy.

I had to admit who I enjoyed play Pokemon Diamond with the perfect Bidoof who my counsing give as a gift.

The super Bibared was glorious.

• Global Mods

http://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/15348-spoilers-e16-status-discussion/&page=152#comment-552906

"I currently don't intend to add IV boosting. It's the only thing left that keeps Pokemon unique from each other, and I don't think it matters -that- much anyway except to the diehards... which is about as I'd want it, probably."

20 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

http://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/15348-spoilers-e16-status-discussion/&page=152#comment-552906

"I currently don't intend to add IV boosting. It's the only thing left that keeps Pokemon unique from each other, and I don't think it matters -that- much anyway except to the diehards... which is about as I'd want it, probably."

I always have hated that excuse, IVs had directly to do with the power, is not a measure of uniqueness, i a measure of power, and one who no one can ignore no matter how you train.

• Global Mods

Oh, I agree about the uniqueness. I said earlier in the thread I think it'd be better if IVs didn't exist to begin with. The reason I quoted that part specifically is because Ame responded to a lot of people and that was the response to the IV boosting suggestion. Without IVs, Pokemon would still be unique. There's natures, EVs, movesets, held items, nicknames if you're into that, shininess, etc. I don't really understand what Ame meant about it being the "only" thing keeping them unique when there are tons of attributes about Pokemon that make them unique from one another. I'm indifferent about EV and IV boosting features myself since I don't care about them unless I can instantly edit them (which I can and do in RPG Maker's debug mode), but I don't agree with the uniqueness reasoning. That being said it's Ame's game and she has right to not add a feature if she doesn't want to, doesn't agree with the idea, doesn't know how to implement it, etc. 

Honestly, I rather have an IV modifier in the game because the fact remains is that IV's matter in this game especially later on. Having the performance of my team be decided on a couple of dice rolls is not a nice feeling. An IV of 31 gives around 10%~20% increase in performance compared to 0. It gets worse the stats complement each other. This can result in huge differences in performance. 

1 hour ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

But that was before Ame decided to add Gen VII stuff though, she might have changed her mind. And I'm sure that the bottle caps are going to be programmed in the game, so if it isn't added then I'm sure there will be a mod for it.

Edited by Farnsworth

12 minutes ago, Farnsworth said:

But that was before Ame decided to add Gen VII stuff though, she might have changed her mind. And I'm sure that the bottle caps are going to be programmed in the game, so if it isn't added then I'm sure there will be a mod for it.

Many things done in Reborn are for convenience such as the nature and ability changer along with the addition of Rematch trainers in the Grand Hall. Those rematch trainers have also been changed to be more convenient so that they can be used to reduce grinding time. All of these additions are added at points where the game gets to be more difficult to better help players get through their challenges, however, they are not the easy way nor are they cheap.

Now let's hop back to the topic at hand: IVs. Now before I get into what I think, I'd like to give you a brief history lesson: back in the E10 and before era, we didn't have a convenient way to look at IVs or EVs so they weren't discussed so much and many of us still really enjoyed the game and its difficulty it has to offer. Some people could still EV train if they wanted, but it wasn't convenient. Then again, that was a time where answers were rarely handed to you on a silver platter as Reborn did not have guides. Over time, Reborn has become much more casual in a sense, but its gimmicks help counter these changes.

Now we go back to the present. While I think many of these new additions the community like guides are a great thing, there also brought consequences. I don't think I can spend a single day on Reborn anymore without at least one person mentioning a Pokemon's EVs and IVs and especially the latter. In fact, I'd consider it an obsession with the general player base in which a Pokemon can only be good if only it has good stats. And honestly, I've never paid too much attention to that stuff (I still only know what 4 natures do off the top of my head). Skill over strength is what makes a Pokemon game fun.

I won't judge Ame whether or not she decides to include features that alter IVs. For me personally, adding a feature like that is just adding fuel to a growing issue with Reborn players. Players already are focused on their stats and make sure they aren't any bad ones so this idea would invoke more people to have the mindset. On the other hand, it would be nice to have a method to balance out the online battle system, but Reborn is mostly focused on its main campaign and story which is probably the reason your playing it (cause otherwise you could stick with the main games for online). 

I tried with Delphox having random stats (I only wanted who she was female) and it was fine.

But then, the stats started to become way more important. At by  the ending, we would have to fight using Lv 100 pokemon against Lv 100 Pokemon. And many of us we have no oportunity besides having IVs. 

4 hours ago, Commander said:

Many things done in Reborn are for convenience such as the nature and ability changer along with the addition of Rematch trainers in the Grand Hall. Those rematch trainers have also been changed to be more convenient so that they can be used to reduce grinding time. All of these additions are added at points where the game gets to be more difficult to better help players get through their challenges, however, they are not the easy way nor are they cheap.

Now let's hop back to the topic at hand: IVs. Now before I get into what I think, I'd like to give you a brief history lesson: back in the E10 and before era, we didn't have a convenient way to look at IVs or EVs so they weren't discussed so much and many of us still really enjoyed the game and its difficulty it has to offer. Some people could still EV train if they wanted, but it wasn't convenient. Then again, that was a time where answers were rarely handed to you on a silver platter as Reborn did not have guides. Over time, Reborn has become much more casual in a sense, but its gimmicks help counter these changes.

Now we go back to the present. While I think many of these new additions the community like guides are a great thing, there also brought consequences. I don't think I can spend a single day on Reborn anymore without at least one person mentioning a Pokemon's EVs and IVs and especially the latter. In fact, I'd consider it an obsession with the general player base in which a Pokemon can only be good if only it has good stats. And honestly, I've never paid too much attention to that stuff (I still only know what 4 natures do off the top of my head). Skill over strength is what makes a Pokemon game fun.

I won't judge Ame whether or not she decides to include features that alter IVs. For me personally, adding a feature like that is just adding fuel to a growing issue with Reborn players. Players already are focused on their stats and make sure they aren't any bad ones so this idea would invoke more people to have the mindset. On the other hand, it would be nice to have a method to balance out the online battle system, but Reborn is mostly focused on its main campaign and story which is probably the reason your playing it (cause otherwise you could stick with the main games for online). 

All this talk of EVs and IVs gave me an idea for the inverse field. In that this field would reverse EVs/IVs, so that 31 IVs becomes 0 and 252 EVs become 0. This would be interesting as sort of a counter play for people who train perfect pokemon. The better your pokemon, the worse it'll become in the Inverse Field.

If a trainer really just wants to be nice and spend time bonding with  their Pokemon, IVs EVs and sometimes movesets should never be a concern. Let's be honest, Pokemon Masters are strong but cruel. Even the core game protagonists, who's strengths are based on their care and trust towards their Pokemon, is most probably being played by some power greedy players who just wants to rekt the league using some OU standard team.

Being strong but a decent person sometimes just doesn't fit well. Reborn shows us these realistic issues, and slaps the faces of those who believe they can finish the game by using their favourite list of Pokemon. 

As I said, if a trainer really cares about the Pokemon they obtained, they wouldn't really mind their strengths and potential, if they do, they probably have a subconscious mindset of making Pokemon tools that bring them victory and fame, basically every competitive Pokemon player. 

If you really wanna prove yourself as a trainer who is both loyal to your team, while being incredibly strong. Why not just go full try hard mode at all times instead of relying on talent issues such as IVs? I mean with really good luck and lots of soft resets, you will be able to generate a gym leader with really low IV Pokemon. But then it wouldn't be as satisfying as beating a competitive team with a team with low IVs  (A Nuzlocke using Pokemon with their max IV's not exceeding 15 would be fun to try out, just saying)

And even though bottle caps might be a thing in Reborn , I doubt it will be released any time soon because you need to make your Pokemon reach lv100 before using them (is that's how bottle caps work?). So it's probably more of a post game content instead of being an item that help players proceed through the game.

Edit: But then I am one of those talent greedy trainers who breed a lot for perfect IV mons so I'm not really supposed to lecture anyone about this issue, lol

Edited by hope4896

It's actually still possible to survive without perfect IVs and EV training. I don't do it cause it's quite tedious and takes away the fun of the game. Yeah, I think it's quite challenging not to have perfection in terms of stats but when you defeat a strong trainer, it feels quite satisfying, you know.

15 hours ago, Commander said:

While I think that you are right on a lot of thing, it can still be quite dissapointing. I was fighting Ciel with someone elses save and I was gettting into a noivern vs a noivern match up. Ciel's noivern not only outsped 'mine' but also did around twice as much damage , I can't 2HKO and she nearly OHKO's. I'm pretty sure that noivern holds an assault vest but the sheer difference in performance is still staggering.

11 hours ago, Farnsworth said:

All this talk of EVs and IVs gave me an idea for the inverse field. In that this field would reverse EVs/IVs, so that 31 IVs becomes 0 and 252 EVs become 0. This would be interesting as sort of a counter play for people who train perfect pokemon. The better your pokemon, the worse it'll become in the Inverse Field.

You do realize you litterraly break pkmn when you do that, there are only anough EV's to max 2 stats in that field you max ALL stats.

EDIT: stupid me.

Edited by FairFamily