X doors were axed?

HUEnd

> Starts E16 months ago, and flies to Tanzan Cove

> Goes inside it and reaches the "X Door Location"
> It's not here. The same applies to all other X doors found within Reborn (Ametrine Cave, Tanzan Depths, Byxbysion Wasteland...ALL OF THEM)

> *Mindblown*

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

So...what do you think that happened with those?

Edited by HUEnd

• Global Mods

I noticed that with the one in Blackstream Factory, but I didn't check the others so I wasn't sure if it had just been removed or had its location changed (since it becomes a shelter in E16 and assuming the x doors are for legendaries would be an odd place for a legendary to be), or if my mind was just playing tricks on me and there was never a door there in the first place. I guess it's the former. 

Again, assuming they're for legendaries, maybe Ame thought it was too obvious they were legendaries (and maybe also too obvious for locations, ex: Ametrine Mountain would most likely be Articuno, Regice, or Kyurem) and decided to take them out? Or maybe legendary locations and quests are currently being shuffled around to take into account the Gen 7 legends too. 

Or if they're not for legendaries, maybe the event related to them has been changed. 

An idea I had was that maybe instead of legendaries they were for X-League gym leader rematches in the postgame, since they're X doors. But with their removal, I guess all ideas about them are irrelevant for now.

Not all of the X-Doors were axed, I'm sure a ran into at least a couple of them. That being said Ame did mention that she wanted to make the legendaries events more involved so maybe that's why she cut a good portion of these doors.

2 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I noticed that with the one in Blackstream Factory, but I didn't check the others so I wasn't sure if it had just been removed or had its location changed (since it becomes a shelter in E16 and assuming the x doors are for legendaries would be an odd place for a legendary to be), or if my mind was just playing tricks on me and there was never a door there in the first place. I guess it's the former. 

Again, assuming they're for legendaries, maybe Ame thought it was too obvious they were legendaries (and maybe also too obvious for locations, ex: Ametrine Mountain would most likely be Articuno, Regice, or Kyurem) and decided to take them out? Or maybe legendary locations and quests are currently being shuffled around to take into account the Gen 7 legends too. 

Or if they're not for legendaries, maybe the event related to them has been changed. 

An idea I had was that maybe instead of legendaries they were for X-League gym leader rematches in the postgame, since they're X doors. But with their removal, I guess all ideas about them are irrelevant for now.

Didn't Ame say that we would fight the leaders with their X-teams in the Disco? Although I'm personally hoping that she will implement a system similar to Sun/Moon where you fight them to defend your title as champion. Would also be cool to include some other NPCs like the Ringmaster, Corrin Rouge, Aster, Orderly John and Craudburry in the League rematch fights.

• Global Mods
5 minutes ago, Farnsworth said:

Not all of the X-Doors were axed, I'm sure a ran into at least a couple of them. That being said Ame did mention that she wanted to make the legendaries events more involved so maybe that's why she cut a good portion of these doors.

Didn't Ame say that we would fight the leaders with their X-teams in the Disco? Although I'm personally hoping that she will implement a system similar to Sun/Moon where you fight them to defend your title as champion. Would also be cool to include some other NPCs like the Ringmaster, Corrin Rouge, Aster, Orderly John and Craudburry in the League rematch fights.

I know the league has access to the nightclub, but I don't remember Ame saying that's where we'd rematch them (I do however remember people speculating it) so if she did I probably didn't see it. It does make sense though; it'd be like the Saffron Dojo in HGSS where you can gather them all at once to rematch them. 

I simply assumed that the X doors were basically "this area is still being made", basically an incomplete area. This is after they were removed, granted. Before that, I assumed much what most people probably did, that they were where the Legendaries would be.

As for their real purpose...honestly, I don't know. This is merely speculation.

On February 27, 2017 at 0:42 AM, Anstane said:

I simply assumed that the X doors were basically "this area is still being made", basically an incomplete area. This is after they were removed, granted. Before that, I assumed much what most people probably did, that they were where the Legendaries would be.

As for their real purpose...honestly, I don't know. This is merely speculation.

This idea would be plausible, except...

During the Eevee event, when you read the journal a "door with magical properties that can't be passed" is mentioned about Mysidia Cave, most likely referring to the X Door (not sure what else it could've been referring). So there was something interesting about those doors. 

Edited by Tapu Fufu

7 minutes ago, Mr. Divergent said:

There really is something important there. Considering that the place where Adrienne fell was beyond an X Door, it's kind of guaranteed that it's special

Also, considering the fact that it's where the sleeping place of Arceus is, that just makes the idea that it was the door to the legendaries' homes even more plausible. Maybe Ame removed it because it would take a lot of time (or space?) to make a territory for every legendary (that would still be super cool, though, I wouldn't mind seeing some from Rescue Team make a comeback).

Edited by Tapu Fufu

1 minute ago, Tapu Fufu said:

Also, considering the fact that it's where the sleeping place of Arceus is, that just makes the idea that it was the door to the legendaries' homes even more plausible. Maybe Ame removed it because it would take a lot of time (or space?) to make a territory for every legendary (that would still be super cool, though, I wouldn't mind seeing some from Rescue Team make a comeback).

I think I heard somewhere that Ame decided to remove it because she wanted to have better sidequests for the legendaries

7 minutes ago, Mr. Divergent said:

I think I heard somewhere that Ame decided to remove it because she wanted to have better sidequests for the legendaries

I'd be sad if that were true. I love the concept behind putting the legendaries behind a bunch of mystical doors which are gateways to a different world or something. 

Edited by Tapu Fufu

25 minutes ago, phoenica said:

I actualy thought, that the doors were all connected together, and we would be able to get to any location in reborn, by traversing them :D

That could work but actually, it's not that effective. Consider that the doors are found in really hard to access places. It would take a greater time to traverse it compared to simply flying or walking even.

1 hour ago, Mr. Divergent said:

That could work but actually, it's not that effective. Consider that the doors are found in really hard to access places. It would take a greater time to traverse it compared to simply flying or walking even.

Thats not really a point. We know that current reborn city was build atop of older city. There is still one gate left under the stairway, and i still think we will get to see whats behind it. 

Having this ancient location, have enterance all over places in reborn, would just make a point that old city is massive, without a need to make humongous map of said city. Also, it would serve as cool factor :D

4 minutes ago, phoenica said:

Thats not really a point. We know that current reborn city was build atop of older city. There is still one gate left under the stairway, and i still think we will get to see whats behind it. 

Having this ancient location, have entrance all over places in reborn, would just make a point that old city is massive, without a need to make humongous map of said city. Also, it would serve as cool factor :D

I remember that gate and I do hope that it will shoe the ancient city of Reborn. I hope that it will be like Atlantis, ancient yet advanced at the same time.

2 hours ago, phoenica said:

Having this ancient location, have enterance all over places in reborn, would just make a point that old city is massive, without a need to make humongous map of said city. Also, it would serve as cool factor :D

I assume the gate under the stairway leads to the meteor. And somehow when Adrienn fell down into the stairway, xe bypassed the door.