FE Heroes Friend ID and Discussion Topic

Maelstrom

Hey, don't mind this post if you don't wish to read a giant long post regarding Jakob, tyty (I would like to add that i'm serious about it being long, open with this in mind, alright?)

Spoiler

Alright, welcome! I'm to be talking about Jakob! He's a cool butler hailing from Nohr, who is definitely very good at his craft. Unfortunately, the thing is that he's literally the most Okayest Butler in the game. Jakob's stats are interesting, sporting mixed defense, but not enough to be consider the use of Glacies or Ignis, and 29 attack is considered pretty alright, but is not able to reach Kagero's Demolition or Felicia's Burst Nukes of power. Instead, the builds I have in mind are more support oriented, so let's talk about em.

HOLD UP!

Natures: +Def/Res, -HP is a must in using this build. While you do reduce your HP, this can be remedied with a +3 HP seal, and increases Jakob's overall durability if he ever gets too close to a unit.

Build 1: Oh, did that sting?
Weapon - Silver Dagger+
Assist - Drag Back/Reposition
Special - Luna/Moonbow
Passive A - Fortress Defense 3/+3 Def or Res
Passive B - Poison Strike 3
Passive C - Savage Blow 3

Like a good Butler, he always will prepare things for his master. Such would be weakening the enemy for the finishing blow. This build focuses on spreading as much aoe damage as possible in a group through Poison Strike and Savage Blow. While you may hit like a wet noodle, it will always sting in the end. Drag back and Reposition both help in the managing of the team's setup and are always welcome. Luna or Moonbow are both good since Jakob can easily charge it up in time for the second or third engagement. Fortress Defense 3 may be used for +5 defense, sacrificing 3 attack for 2 extra defense. Though, +3 Def always works, and +3 Res is if you go with a +Res nature instead.

Build 2: Mean but Clean Debuff Machine

Weapon - Silver Dagger+
Assist - Drag Back/Reposition
Special - Luna/Moonbow
Passive B - Seal Atk or Spd 3
Passive C - Threaten Def or Atk 3/Fortify or Hone Stats

Of course, it is not always necessary for the Butler to be so brutal in his ways, and instead may choose the route of simply allowing his master do the killing instead. This build also keeps the same things mind for Special, Assist, Weapon, and Passive A. However, instead, this build capitalizes on his ability to stack debuffs on a single target. As if -7 Def and Res wasn't enough, the opponent now gets an additional -7 Atk or Spd for free! Obviously, Seal Atk or Spd is preference based, but you should cater accordingly. For a slower audience, I would recommend Seal Spd, but if your people are fast enough, weakening attacks is always a nice touch. As for Passive C, it's definitely up to you. However, I personally like Threaten Defense because having extra damage to do is always welcome.

Build 3: My Contract Requires the Transfer of Blood to Heal You

Weapon - Silver Dagger+
Assist - Reciprocal Aid/Ardent Sacrifice
Special - Luna/Moonbow
Passive B - Renewal 3
Passive C - Breath of Life 3

my sole interest is healing my team Not a big fan of spending so much? Check this build out. It effectively makes Jakob a healer through Ardent Sacrifice and Reciprocal Aid. Since he's already naturally geared with Renewal and +3 Def, this build is definitely a lot more budget friendly. The choice of Reciprocal Aid vs Ardent Sacrifice is based on if you want Risky but Big Heals vs Consistent Healing spewed from the blood of a butler. Renewal 3 is an obvious choice, as it provides a source of healing to Jakob himself so he doesn't set himself up for death as quickly. Breath of Life 3 is also really nice since it keeps your team next to Jakob in a little better shape when he decides to attack instead.

Conclusion:
I'd like to end this on the note that this is my own personal analysis! None of this is set and the holy rule that all is right obviously. Go ahead and use Poison Dagger Jakob for all I care, as long as it makes you happy. I just enjoy making write ups like these because the meta is so defined on if a unit can OHKO in one turn that we often forget that we don't always have to be glass cannons, and maybe do different roles.

Edited by Pocky

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Which do you guys think is better 1 guaranteed 5* per set any color or keep the every orb has a chance to 5* but you aren't guaranteed one. I was thinking of like those card game booster packs of where there is always a Rare card in each sort of thing.

7 hours ago, Chase said:

Tom, why does your waifu keep bugging me man. Tell her to stop.

I wish she'd do this for me. I'd happily run a level 40+3 or 4 Cordelia. Also why give Hector Quick Riposte when he has Armads?

In other news:

Spoiler

ExxAUTy.png

Congrats on Titania!

I happen to like all of Misty Lee's VA contributions in Heroes. She seems like she can pull off Titania, even though she seems more fitting for Camilla and Ursula. I also just happen to like Misty Lee. Cool human being.

I forgot Armads existed and was ticked about how rotten my luck was. :c

Speaking of Ursula. She's back. Make sure you pick up the extra 3 star Ursula by doing the Anna quest.

What B skill can I give to Julia, I don't have Setuna (yet/ever) so I don't have bowbreaker, i don't think 34/35 (w/ LnD 2/3) speed is enough for Desperation like Nino, atleast against what I'm typically paired up against in Arena. G tomebreaker? Vantage?

Green Tomebreaker is good on a Fury/TA Julia because it allows your offensive Julia to handle Nino, Cecilia, and opposing Julia. You could also go Quick Riposte on Offense!Julia to make her more threatening to Takumi and other Colorless, but Green tome coverage is spotty.

Are you running LnD in A?

You could also make Julia a supporter with Wings of Mercy at B and Breath of Life at C. Naga will still really hurt Dragons and Support Julia can really mess up folks in Arena Defense. This Julia likes Reciprocal Aid as she would swap her HP with a frontliner. If you want Support!Julia, go with HP+3. 

@Chase Yeah I've been thinking of giving her LnD2 from Hana.

I'm not so confidant in going a Fury route though. TA Julia may ruin my chances to duel Tharja and she's shown to have no issues against Raven-TA-Camilla or Linde.

I'm so upset that every Hector I've encountered in the arena has Vantage which pretty much smacks Julia for all her health, which is a good thing Xander can tank(I probably should give Julia Recip Aid to make up for it).

Thanks Chase you gave me a good idea on what to use. I'll probably end up giving her Recip Aid even though I have to make up the SP for it after giving her Draw Back, G Tomebreaker from Henry, and LnD2 from Hana.

Edited by Fabled Asian

So for the Ursula GHB, I got all the orbs except for that one bloody orb where you have to kill Ursula with Ursula. This is much, much easier said then done as I've taken so many attempts with my biggest problem being trying to kill her without ursula dying. I may try to do the Lunatic chapter featuring Ursula instead (which you can substitute with), but here me out on this insane strat with the only thing I'm missing is Reposition on Merric which he has 140 SP, but just hear me out:

So step one is to have Merric and Ike In the spots adjacent to where the Ninjas attack, but have Hector either walk down to the bottom ninja spot (or someone could reposition), but I need to make sure Ike is in the top right corner of the map. When the first Ninja Dies, I reposition Hector all the way up into the top right corner and the other ninja will attack him. The tricky part is what the Sword cavalier does as I need him to keep pulling Ursula back with Draw Back unless Ursula is in range of Merric and he is not. If that turn somehow doesn't go wrong, Merric needs to hit Ursula once before Ursula can come in and finish Ursula off. Next, Hector needs to Smite Ike down so that he can block/move Ursula to safety as he can easily finish the other two guys off himself...cause he's Ike.

And yes, this is all for one bloody orb, but I think I got it once Merric learns Reposition (since he has no skills on him right now) as in all my attempts, it was the bloody sword calv and Ursula who gave me trouble. This GHB is a hell of a lot easier with Hector and my good comrades, but geeze is it a pain in the ass. I don't recommend attempting the GHB for the Ursula orb and just face her in the Lunatic chapter because it's a wide open area and you can safely lose her and units there. (I may do that as well).

11 minutes ago, Commander said:

Everything* is a hell of a lot easier with Hector

You even got Anna to kill Ursula? How did you do that? Ursula would always run down my team before I can get myself into position to kill the ninjas. Can't tank because Mages, and calvalry mages just die to Gronnwolf.

10 minutes ago, Fabled Asian said:

You even got Anna to kill Ursula? How did you do that? Ursula would always run down my team before I can get myself into position to kill the ninjas. Can't tank because Mages, and calvalry mages just die to Gronnwolf.

Anna has res and Ursula has a choice of either bunch of beefy 40s plus or a 4 star level 30 Anna who do you think Ursula is going to gun for? For the ninjas I just did the Hector strategy (seriously, he takes no damage so there was no reason not to use him). Anna could ORKO Ursula as well and it is very, very easy to level her up if you've been grinding her once in a while. Only takes a full bar of stamina to move her from 2 star to 4 star level 30 more or less.

Seriously if you have someone who can safely KO both Ninjas at range, then all you need to do is have either pivot or repositon (both with armors) and they could go ham on them. If you don't have Hector, a Shuriken breaker user plus a healer plus a tanky sword (Zephiel) unit and Anna should suffice. And it's the hard mode, not lunatic you have to beat (though honestly I probably could do it with Anna on Lunatic as I wouldn't have to worry about her DYING from an attack). Ursula probably was the hardest GHB solely due to the lack of SI since SI makes the game so, so much easier.

1 hour ago, Fabled Asian said:

Go to the "The Blue Crow" mission with Anna on Normal. You can do the same thing on Lunatic with Ursula to face off against an Ursula who has around 20 less HP. That way you only have to clear the missions with Anna/Ursula, so you can just sit them in the back and let your others take care of it.

8 hours ago, Chase said:

Congrats on Titania!

I happen to like all of Misty Lee's VA contributions in Heroes. She seems like she can pull off Titania, even though she seems more fitting for Camilla and Ursula. I also just happen to like Misty Lee. Cool human being.

Thanks, and yeah, Misty Lee's great. She does a fantastic job as Titania, exactly how I imagined her.

It took me quite a few tries, but after some leveling up and skill inheritance stuff, I finally beat the lunatic map, using Hector, Cecilia, Elise, and Azura.

First thing I did was position hector at the bottom and Cecilia on the right starting points. Move hector right under cecilia, had her rally res on him, then moved azura down to sing for Hector and then moved hector right.

First thing that happens is Ursula suicides Against hector. then the enemies move. I move hector left. I move Azura out of the way so Elise can use Rehab on Hector. End turn.

But after that, I basically use hector as my giant meat shield. I don't really attack with him unless it would get him low enough on health so that Rehab kicks in with more oomph. I think at one point he went down to 1 hp, then rehab was set to heal him for his full 51 hp.

What also really helped was poison strike 2 on Cecilia to help wear down that red cavalier. It helped a lot, especially since the cav had reduce damage from distant attacks. Other than that, she swept down to the bottom square next to the wall and took out the ninjas failing to do damage to hector (though their savage blow effects were a nuisance. She finished the one off, then the other warped over with wings of mercy to take his spot and suicided also. I mainly used Azura to sing for Cecilia so she could take out the green knight and the can units faster.

So, the skills that helped the most- Rehabilitation and Hector's Pavise kept saving his ass, then poison strike and sing to whittle down and end the other units. It's just really Nice that Cecilia has advantage against colorless units and is mounted, helping to make short work of what was left the assassins without fearing the damage from the poison blades they stole from Kagero.

Anyways, Idk how, but I find myself with 40k feathers. I might as well promote Cecilia and get the sp to get poison strike 3.

The question is who else to promote...

So - thanks to the huge feather dump I had a choice to make.

5* Tharja

5* Ursula -or-

5* Xander.

I chose Xander. Tharja isn't going to get an upgrade when she's a focus unit and Ursula needs more SP beforehand.

Now Xander has his Siegfried. And holy cats (as Charlotte would say) it is the reason to promote Xander.

Having burned through almost all of the new free orbs, with only a handful more from the def missions and lunatic chapters 9 and 10, I got:

1 4* Henry (no....)

1 5* Henry (NOOOOOOOO)

1 3* Lon'qu (immediately brought to 4* and then sacrificed to the skill gods, will get back to this)

1 3* A!Tiki (ok bonfire fodder)

1 3* F!Corrin (ok D. aura/Hone Attack fodder)

1 4* Sakura, pulled colorless because I was miffed (it's ok 'cause she's cute)

notice what these units are NOT: Hinata or Leo! This could be two whole banners that my favorite black mage is MIA! plus I need more fury for my Azura, Ursula, and Xander.

Also, I created a new team, to be titled Team Minerva. It consists of:

Minerva (duh, also physical Rein and endgame cleaner) "The Queen"

Hautclaire

Reposition (eventually)

Draconic Aura

Life and Death 3

Drag Back

Savage Blow (eventually)

Adult Tiki (Physical Tank, archer killer, surprise vantage cleaner), "Her Mount"

Lightning Breath

Swap (WIP)

Bonfire

Defiant Atk 

Vantage 2 (you only really want vantage once you have Defiant up, otherwise you're prematurely charging enemy specials)

Spur Res (to be replaced, idk with what tho

Felicia (mage/dragon killer, aoe scratcher, secondary cleaner), "Her Maid"

Silver Dagger (might go to Rogue eventually, if only for more res to power Glacies)

Draw Back (?)

Glacies (28 damage at 4 stars)

Res+

Poison Strike (eventually)

Savage Blow

Azura (Singer, red killer, buffer), "Her Girlfriend"

Sapphic Sapphire Lance+

Sing

Moonbow (WIP)

Speed+

honestly IDK 

Hone Atk

Basic Idea is that the whole rest of the team baits and kills Minerva's counters, while she does a great reinhardt impression, esp.with Azura's help. What really gets the team rn is forest maps, and being split up, so that my tanks can't bait and Savage Blow does nothing. Kagero is probably gonna be a pain in the but too, come to think of it. I'll have to dance Minerva at her, then with drag back get out of range of the others. Also after 50% HP and Felicia aoe-ing everything down, Tiki can Vantage-kill a lot of low-res units.

edit: just checked, Minerva is +hp -spd. WHY.

Edited by doombotmecha

@doombotmecha that 5* Henry just gave you a free Rauroraven+ and Glowing Flame

My team is nothing but baits

Xander baits Green Tomes(Nino) and Hector away from Nowi

Nowi baits Falchions, Ike, and Red Tomes from Julia

Julia baits away Blue Tomes and Lancers from Xander

and Jeorge is just Jeorge, (He's my pseudo-Takumi)

Either way the 5k feathers gave me the opportunity to finish some of their skill sets, all thats left is get Xander Ignis/Dragon Fang and Jeorge Moonbow. I'll keep Dragon Fang on Julia as it hasn't been an issue yet. Now I'm just going to save feathers for Jeorge, unless the game just flat out gives me the 5* version (as if)

That's basically what I do too. With a cavalry team of Olwen, Stahl, and Titania Stahl guards Olwen from greens, Titania guards Stahl from blues, and Olwen completely annihilates anything that's not a super high Res green. Nothing like Dire Thunder and two different gem weapons along with Hone Cavalry support to completely screw over every aspect of the weapon triangle.

@Maelstrom but really though it would be nice to have more reason to have a variety of friends besides greeting and Voting arena. Like using friend units to clear maps, view builds, or even if there is a sliver of a chance, trading.

By the by, who is the next GHB after Xander?

Edited by Fabled Asian

Double post because the new banner's got a trailer now. The characters are Celica, Boey, Mae, and Genny unsurprisingly.

By far the most important thing for me is Genny's new B skill, which lets healers deal regular damage. I'd much prefer it was an A skill but I'll take what I can get I guess.