Ame-Episode 16/SPOILER!!

Rainlove

Spoiler

Hiya guys.

Okay I finally finished episode 16 and I have to say I'm very proud of myself for finishing a game as hard as this one. I'm so grateful of how creative this game's creators are.

As you guys all know, Ame gets her head chopped off by Lin's Hydreigon. Also, it was shown that she was the champion.

I was introduced to Pokemon Reborn by a friend who played this game and Pokemon rejuvenation as well. Now, I've never played Rejuvenation (Will start it tomorrow) however, he mentioned something to me that caught my attention. He was telling me about a scene in Rejuvenation where you go back in time? You go and talk to younger characters or see how the city was before. 

Now my question is, would it be possible that Ame is still the champion? and we have to do similar thing to save her or let her know about her death?

Edited by Rainlove

Amethyst won't be the champion fight in the game that I'm aware of, though there is a slight possibility that she could be. The fortune teller talks about a world where you don't exist and if you put two and two together, it means a timeline reset or a world reset in which we go to the new world Meteor dreams of creating. That's just if the fortune teller's fortune does come true, but...we can't make too many assumptions as it stands. But even if Ame did come back to life, we have to remember that Lin already proved she isn't the strongest trainer in the region along with the fact leaders have to be able to defeat her in order to qualify for their position. For now though, we can only assume Ame is dead.

It seems to me like you're under the impression that Reborn and Rejuvenation take place in the same region/continuity, which isn't the case. Though Rejuvenation was inspired by Reborn and their developers have worked together (perhaps not on the games, but in a more general sense), there is no real connection in the plot of Reborn and Rejuvenation.

Spoiler

I'm actually thinking that ame is just brain washing everyone and lin is actually a good character because she states that she doesn't want to hurt the player character. Also.. it could be that ame and lin are actually working together and that whole thing is just a major plot twist. :D Just me thinking about random stuff

59 minutes ago, Okirua said:
  Hide contents

I'm actually thinking that ame is just brain washing everyone and lin is actually a good character because she states that she doesn't want to hurt the player character. Also.. it could be that ame and lin are actually working together and that whole thing is just a major plot twist. :D Just me thinking about random stuff

Spoiler

Oh, Lin is most definitely not a good character. The only reason she isn't hurting the MC is to make he/she/xe suffer more since she gets pleasure in seeing other people in pain (just look at the whole Corey situation). She has been sick and twisted ever since she was a little child, which is something we learn from some dialogue from Laura.

About Ame, the creator said that she didn't even want to be in the game to begin with. This is the main reason why she had so little presence in the story (basically all she did is be the 'gym guy' and give us our starter). Do not expect any sort of important plot involving her other than her death. Not to mention that killing off her own character is probably something Amethyst wanted to do for a long time. I wouldn't expect her to be the champion battle, or even to come back to life. The very best we can expect to get is maybe a secret post-game battle with Ame (or her ghost) more along the lines of Red in GSC.

6 minutes ago, Farnsworth said:

Hide contents

Oh, Lin is most definitely not a good character. The only reason she isn't hurting the MC is to make he/she/xe suffer more since she gets pleasure in seeing other people in pain (just look at the whole Corey situation). She has been sick and twisted ever since she was a little child, which is something we learn from some dialogue from Laura.

About Ame, the creator said that she didn't even want to be in the game to begin with. This is the main reason why she had so little presence in the story (basically all she did is be the 'gym guy' and give us our starter). Do not expect any sort of important plot involving her other than her death. Not to mention that killing off her own character is probably something Amethyst wanted to do for a long time. I wouldn't expect her to be the champion battle, or even to come back to life. The very best we can expect to get is maybe a secret post-game battle with Ame (or her ghost) more along the lines of Red in GSC.

Oooh, okay. I see, thanks for the info

Spoiler

Also, think we can get her absol through a sidequest, so we would even let her without one of her Pokémon. 

But the main problem is:

• We still need to explore all of the desert (like 1/3 of the total map) with all the related quests
  • We still need to visit agate town and break that sleeping spell
  • We still need rock climb to explore something like 50% of the map
  • We still don't know where the last gyms will be (new map maybe)
  • We still don't know where the League will be
  • We still don't know all the league members 
  • We still need to deal with Lin, the rest of team Meteor/cultists/random people
  • We still need to face prophecies, meet old buddies etc.
  • We still... (Desperate roommate stops me)

Do we even have TIME to get Ame back to life?! I mean, it would be wonderful, though I think that by EP 19/20 the game should be complete, we have so many things to do, so many mysteries to unravel (the Pokémon we paid for, will effin Terra come back etc.), think we can "live" even with Ame's IN GAME death (sounded reeeeeally creepy) ;)

• Global Mods
4 hours ago, Blontary said:
  Hide contents

Also, think we can get her absol through a sidequest, so we would even let her without one of her Pokémon. 

But the main problem is:

• We still need to explore all of the desert (like 1/3 of the total map) with all the related quests
  • We still need to visit agate town and break that sleeping spell
  • We still need rock climb to explore something like 50% of the map
  • We still don't know where the last gyms will be (new map maybe)
  • We still don't know where the League will be
  • We still don't know all the league members 
  • We still need to deal with Lin, the rest of team Meteor/cultists/random people
  • We still need to face prophecies, meet old buddies etc.
  • We still... (Desperate roommate stops me)

Do we even have TIME to get Ame back to life?! I mean, it would be wonderful, though I think that by EP 19/20 the game should be complete, we have so many things to do, so many mysteries to unravel (the Pokémon we paid for, will effin Terra come back etc.), think we can "live" even with Ame's IN GAME death (sounded reeeeeally creepy) ;)

Actually, we do know where the upcoming gyms and league are. Victory Road is just past Labradorra City, and for gym locations

Titania: The scrapyard in the desert
Amaria: Fiore Mansion
Hardy: Agate City
Saphira: Labradorra City 

Spoiler

Spoilers for both Reborn and Rejuvenation here but, eh, I doubt it. The thing is, Ame and Jan are two completely different writers. Jan doesn't really like killing his characters off and so he often employs means to bring back characters that seemed to be dead and whatnot. Ame is a lot more cold about characters deaths and whatnot and doesn't take killing off character for real too lightly. The only time that Ame didn't decide to outright kill a character was during Amaria's failed attempt at suicide, and that's because she's was the only Water-type leader in Reborn's history. Jan on the other hand is very hesitant to kill his characters and so far we've only seen the deaths of very minor characters here and there.

5 minutes ago, Sarun said:
  Hide contents

Spoilers for both Reborn and Rejuvenation here but, eh, I doubt it. The thing is, Ame and Jan are two completely different writers. Jan doesn't really like killing his characters off and so he often employs means to bring back characters that seemed to be dead and whatnot. Ame is a lot more cold about characters deaths and whatnot and doesn't take killing off character for real too lightly. The only time that Ame didn't decide to outright kill a character was during Amaria's failed attempt at suicide, and that's because she's was the only Water-type leader in Reborn's history. Jan on the other hand is very hesitant to kill his characters and so far we've only seen the deaths of very minor characters here and there.

Spoiler

The only reason that Amaria survived the fall was because that event was based on something that happened in real life. IRL Amaria actually lost her memories from a car accident. The same is true for both Corey and Kiki, they both died IRL, Corey killed himself and Kiki died from her disease. Of course in-game some of these events are exaggerated or changed to match the story more, but in essence they are still there.

You might not know this but Reborn is based on an online league of the same name that was run on Pokemon Showdown. This league had leaders that were real people and a lot of the events in the Reborn game are based off of their lives. A few that I know of are the legal disputes between El, Radomus and Serra to see who would become Luna's guardian, Sigmund might have used ECT on some of his patients, Cain had a big fight with his mother after she saw him kissing a guy, and of course the events I described in the paragraph above.

1 minute ago, Farnsworth said:

Hide contents

The only reason that Amaria survived the fall was because that event was based on something that happened in real life. IRL Amaria actually lost her memories from a car accident. The same is true for both Corey and Kiki, they both died IRL, Corey killed himself and Kiki died from her disease. Of course in-game some of these events are exaggerated or changed to match the story more, but in essence they are still there.

You might not know this but Reborn is based on an online league of the same name that was run on Pokemon Showdown. This league had leaders that were real people and a lot of the events in the Reborn game are based off of their lives. A few that I know of are the legal disputes between El, Radomus and Serra to see who would become Luna's guardian, Sigmund might have used ECT on some of his patients, Cain had a big fight with his mother after she saw him kissing a guy, and of course the events I described in the paragraph above.

Spoiler

I am aware of Reborn's origins in the online league. It's just that much of what happens in Reborn is put in a more dramatic and dark-ish light, but as of lately the game seems to have taken a much darker turn than average. Both the deaths of Corey and Kiki are somewhat parallel to what happened to them in real life, but several minor characters have been killed on-screen, the reason for Amaria's amnesia is a lot darker, and even characters who are still alive IRL have been killed off in-game. In short, the game seems to have taken a hint of Cerberus Syndrome lately.

5 minutes ago, Sarun said:
  Hide contents

I am aware of Reborn's origins in the online league. It's just that much of what happens in Reborn is put in a more dramatic and dark-ish light, but as of lately the game seems to have taken a much darker turn than average. Both the deaths of Corey and Kiki are somewhat parallel to what happened to them in real life, but several minor characters have been killed on-screen, the reason for Amaria's amnesia is a lot darker, and even characters who are still alive IRL have been killed off in-game. In short, the game seems to have taken a hint of Cerberus Syndrome lately.

Spoiler

IIRC the only person that is still alive that has been killed in the game is Ame. The characters from Team Meteor and other minor characters aren't based off of anyone IRL so they don't count. Although I agree that the game takes a much darker tone than the things it was inspired by. This is something that I hope Ame does in the future, because as of now only the leaders that died IRL have died in the game (Corey and Kiki are the only ones).

45 minutes ago, Farnsworth said:

Reveal hidden contents

I was around for first couple years of the league, though I had only defeated 6 or 7 leaders (I was like 11 lol) before I stopped using Pokemon Online; which was the original domain for PokePlace Reborn and the Reborn league. Though I did make an account, I never engaged much in forum affairs and only knew what I knew through chatting people up on the server. That being said, I never learned the stories of the leaders' real lives until I got lucky and stumbled across this game because I remembered my Reborn days by happenstance one night. I'm also fairly confident that I battled Kiki IRL. Ominous...

I've heard about many of the real-life parallels now (like Terra being nuts in the chat and so forth), but the Luna one is news to me. So I'm guessing she was the only one involved in a custody dispute and that the other leaders were just the vessels for that element of the story? And I didn't know about Sigmund being a doctor IRL; that's really interesting. Now I'm really curious about the twins, the Belrose sisters, and whatever the hell went down with Titania and Florinia.

Edited by WujiKyurem

57 minutes ago, Sarun said:
  Hide contents

One loophole for Ame that I can think of is for her to exploit the whole New World thing. She could get away with killing off some major good-aligned characters in brutal fashion if Meteor is successful in creating it -- because if the MC is somehow able to terminate it, that would undo the New World itself, and everything that transpired there by extension. That would bring back all but Corey, Kiki, Ame, Eclipse, etc. Maybe we break it by defeating Lin, and the New World shatters just as Lin did on the screen at Shade's gym so many episodes ago? I could see something like that going down.

Edited by WujiKyurem

1 hour ago, WujiKyurem said:

but the Luna one is news to me. So I'm guessing she was the only one involved in a custody dispute and that the other leaders were just the vessels for that element of the story?

I heard that the only reason IRL El joined the league was so that he could get in contact with Luna and that she was running away from him. And supposedly IRL Serra and Radomus were in fact fighting for her guardianship. If true, than the whole situation is frightening to say the least. The League had some very interesting people in it, it's hard to even believe half of these stories, but they are in fact real.

2 minutes ago, guidy said:

Are there more posts about these background stories?

You can find them scattered across the forums, try searching for them on google, since the search function here doesn't bring up threads from the old forums.

EDIT:

Also @WujiKyurem since you were there for the first season of the Reborn League. Is it true that Gossip Gardevoir was the psychic type leader for some time in the Reborn League? She used to show up in the leader lineup page for season 1 (before the page was taken down) and her ace was said to be... Radomus. It's kind of weird and I'm curious about it.

Edited by Farnsworth

2 hours ago, Farnsworth said:

I heard that the only reason IRL El joined the league was so that he could get in contact with Luna and that she was running away from him. And supposedly IRL Serra and Radomus were in fact fighting for her guardianship. If true, than the whole situation is frightening to say the least. The League had some very interesting people in it, it's hard to even believe half of these stories, but they are in fact real.

Interesting would be an understatement :/

So I think that means at least 5 people who became gym leaders (El, Radomus, Serra, Saphira, Sigmund) did so for purposes that had nothing to do with an affinity for Pokemon -- something that they may well have not even possessed given each of their reasons for joining in the first place. After hearing all this, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if IRL Bennett was also involved in that mess. I'm not sure about GG though, because she used to be very vocal on the forums; and I would think that she'd have mentioned it somewhere at least once.

EDIT: @Farnsworth

Oddly enough, I can't remember running across Radomus or Gardevoir on the server. I suppose that was because my online sessions never coincided with their schedules; or I just saw them so infrequently that I don't remember them at all. Also, I think the season was well underway by the time I began challenging leaders, so it could just be that I didn't have many opportunities to see them online. But if that's what GG's trainer card said, it's most likely true. As for Radomus being her ace... there were a few strange things on the leaders' trainer cards if memory serves, so it's probably just that -- some intentionally strange text. Actually, I'm pretty sure El had two cards, with one of them (as Elias) talking about how he's employed as a butler to Radomus at Vanhanen Castle -- hence why he plays that very role in Episode 10, almost 4 years later. I don't know of any other instances of trainer cards mentioning other leaders by name. Perhaps IRL El did that to feign civility towards Radomus and to give Luna some sense of security? Not too sure. It's weird, just as with GG's card.

Edited by WujiKyurem